Biden says a shotgun will scare off intruders

Feb 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Vice President Joe Biden said Tuesday that Americans don't need semi-automatic weapons to protect their homes because a couple of blasts from a shotgun will scare off intruders.

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Feb 23, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Is the VP saying I shouldn’t us a Semi-Automatic shotgun for defense? OMG what about that folding stock and pistol grip I have on my Semi-Auto shotgun?
wondering

Baldwyn, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

I believe he said a double barrel shotgun.He said to just go out on the patio and blast away.Hope it is not pointed toward the neighbors house.
way to go Joe

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Biden needs a higher wattage bulb to light his pea brain. If you are going to use a shotgun make sure it's a pump because the sound is universal in it's intent. Double barrel is good for bird hunting or a wedding but give me a pumpgun for house calls!
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

good idea, he should propose that ALL gubbmint secret service protection be armed ONLY with double barrel shotguns.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Biden is as relevant to the gun debate as a Brown Bess musket is to a firefight in Afghanistan.....

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

It's really ironic (and comical) that obummer got this dork for his V.P. (he probably had no choice in the matter). Biden is well beyond the 'Peter principle'...WELL beyond his level of incompetence. All they need is one-more and we'd have the new three stooges. Oh wait a minute, he has Eric Holder.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

He stated that he lives in an area where such a warning is acceptable. Well I live in the city, and if I went on my back patio to shoot off a few rounds, the cops would come and take me away. Since I can't do that, I wonder if he has any other brilliant suggestions about what people like myself should do if we suspect a threat of any kind?

Gun rule #1. If you are going to pull a weapon, be prepared to use it, and not display it hoping to scare somebody.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

lolol wrote:
good idea, he should propose that ALL gubbmint secret service protection be armed ONLY with double barrel shotguns.
I think they should have pixie dust dispensers and rainbow ribbons to guard Obama & Biden....
wondering

Baldwyn, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Bozo Biden said if you are concerned about an intruder in your home,you should go out on the patio and fire two blasts from a shotgun.Meanwhile the intruder is killing your wife or kids.What an idiot.
wondering

Baldwyn, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

If you fired two blasts from your patio in Chicago,people would not bat an eye.Just another night in the projects.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Maybe the government could set up a free shotgun program too, just make it similar to the free Obama phone program.

http://obamaphone.net/
wondering

Baldwyn, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Get Out wrote:
Maybe the government could set up a free shotgun program too, just make it similar to the free Obama phone program.
http://obamaphone.net/
Don't give them any ideas,or they will do it.I'm just waiting for a free car program.How are they going to get to the welfare office and liquor store without a car.Nothing would surprise me from the Obummer camp.

Since: Jan 13

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Biden is a breath of fresh air. The stuff he says keeps us laughing enough to take the attention away from Barry for just a little bit.

With the fire power protecting him day and night his wife could walk out with a stick and say "bang bang" and be perfectly safe.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Don't give them any ideas,or they will do it.I'm just waiting for a free car program.How are they going to get to the welfare office and liquor store without a car.Nothing would surprise me from the Obummer camp.
Not only DumBama, but RINO Romney had a car program when he was governor of Mass.

http://bostonherald.com//news_opinion/us_poli...
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

I dont wnat the government telling me what kind of gun to use for defense. That said Biden is right a shotgun is best home defense gun. Wow did I say biden was right...yuck.

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

sickofit wrote:
I dont wnat the government telling me what kind of gun to use for defense. That said Biden is right a shotgun is best home defense gun. Wow did I say biden was right...yuck.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Biden might say something right if he'd take his foot outa his mouth.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Biden is a fool. A shotgun is not the best defense if you are facing several intruders or attackers at the same time. Plus there is a lot of mess with a shotgun.

Government telling me what kind of gun I should use to protect myself is no different than telling me what alarm company to use. That's my decision. To each their own.

As they teach in CCW classes, the best firearm to use is the one you feel the most comfortable with. If I hear a noise in the house and am tiptoeing to see what's up, I don't want a long gun getting in my way. I'm hiding behind walls, bobbing my head around corners, so I want my handgun with me and not some shotgun.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Biden might say something right if he'd take his foot outa his mouth.
lol! Not if it has an electronic display.....
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly what political office does Romney currently hold that makes your deflection relevant in any way?
Yea I didn't think so. Just typical brain dead lemming liberal spin and deflection.
You won't find a liberal bone in my body. It's the RINO's that are killing our party. The last two presidential elections are proof of that.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't find a liberal bone in my body. It's the RINO's that are killing our party. The last two presidential elections are proof of that.
Funny how it coincides with the appearance of the radical tea-p....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former police officer appeals termination 4 min MZ GOODY TWO SHOES 25
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 24 min Frankie Rizzo 386
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 2 hr White Knight 222
Sumner judge refuses to grant retrial for Linds... (Feb '14) 3 hr Website Operator 7
The Emerging Liberal Oligarchy (Feb '09) 3 hr swedenforever 57
Defiant Gov. Perry rejects 'outrageous' indictment 6 hr californio 123
Reading the warning signs of domestic violence 7 hr NO BAIL FOR CHRIS 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••