Fibromyalgia treatment: Does gabapent...

Fibromyalgia treatment: Does gabapentin relieve symptoms?

There are 14 comments on the Mayo Clinic story from Jul 21, 2009, titled Fibromyalgia treatment: Does gabapentin relieve symptoms?. In it, Mayo Clinic reports that:

Is gabapentin an effective fibromyalgia treatment? Answer from Ann Vincent, M.D. Only one high-quality clinical trial has looked at gabapentin as a fibromyalgia treatment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mayo Clinic.

Tammy Davies

UK

#1 Sep 8, 2009
Just to let all u fellow sufferers kno,there IS a medication that has helped me dramatically,i am 35 yrs old and have severe Fibro,and i hav 3 young children,i am no longer able to work,but this medication has helped make my pain a bit more bearable for day to day life,it's called

PREGABALIN (lyrica)

PLS giv it a try,also helps me sleep. good luck xx
Victoria Flatcher

Hillegom, Netherlands

#3 Nov 2, 2010
I've tried both original brand and generic pills. There is no difference in effectiveness as far as I can tell between the brand and Indian generic versions. The real difference is price, no comparison. And the India suppliers from http://allbestmeds.info seem honest and reliable.
painMan

New Port Richey, FL

#4 Nov 18, 2010
Tammy Davies wrote:
Just to let all u fellow sufferers kno,there IS a medication that has helped me dramatically,i am 35 yrs old and have severe Fibro,and i hav 3 young children,i am no longer able to work,but this medication has helped make my pain a bit more bearable for day to day life,it's called
PREGABALIN (lyrica)
PLS giv it a try,also helps me sleep. good luck xx
I agree Lyrica is helpful heres the however..

However - the side effects for some ( most ) are unbearable and take away quality or life. A lot of people have stopped taking the medication because it sometimes puts people into a trance like state of mind with the addition of constant headaches. Again however it does not do that to everyone and like so many other meds you may have to try it to see how you react to it. We are all like snowflakes in the way that we are all different. If it were one size fits all there would be one medication for each illness.
One for pain, one for rash etc etc...hence since there are hundreds of medications it would lead a person to think that there is more then one way to skin a cat...
No cats were injured in the production of this message!
Jahiem

Çukurova, Turkey

#6 Jun 3, 2013
I have used http://qgeneric.info/#krhe for about 3 years and find their products to be reliable and speedily delivered. The Support team are very promt and helpful in solving any issues that arise,caused by my errors not the company's. I was a little sceptical initially about buying generic products rather than brand names. However, the Mens' Health products I have bought have been equally as efficatious as the brand names at a fraction of the cost.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#9 Jul 1, 2013
Fibro queens......Telling all who would listen how much worse their pain is than anyone elses.
Rachelle Chamblee

Irvine, KY

#10 Jul 3, 2013
I take gabapentin for restless leg syndrome, also involves upper body sometimes. If not for the medicine I could not sleep at all and would have no pain relief at all. Does that make me a sponge on society. Being ill is bad enough without having to listen to people who think they can judge others peoples level of pain. shame on you

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#11 Jul 3, 2013
Rachelle Chamblee wrote:
I take gabapentin for restless leg syndrome, also involves upper body sometimes. If not for the medicine I could not sleep at all and would have no pain relief at all. Does that make me a sponge on society. Being ill is bad enough without having to listen to people who think they can judge others peoples level of pain. shame on you
Do you work, or are you on disability. Then you will know if you are a sponge or not.
Lawrence

Chicago, IL

#13 Aug 1, 2013
I ordered from edmedrx.com for the first time and i definitely will again. Customer service is great! I inquired about my order as i had the wrong zip code on my mailing address and their customer support helped me right away. They were very helpful and also when you have any questions, they email you right back with answers. I would recommend them highly as they deliver what they promise!
Lewis

Dublin, Ireland

#15 Aug 5, 2013
http://inhousegeneric.com is an honest and genuine online pharmacy. We were not sure at first because this was our first order of generic medication from this pharmacy. Although it takes a bit long because it got stuck with custom, we are completely sastisfied with this online pharmacy.
You won't be disappointed with them. Their customer service is great too although they need to improve their phone system a bit more. If you need to call them just be sure to call during their working hours. Other than that we highly and sincerely recommend this online pharmacy to everyone.
stivenrexs

UAE

#16 Aug 16, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#17 Aug 16, 2013
stivenrexs wrote:
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate.
Obviously you have had better luck than others. I have been told to stay far away from this company.
Saul

Auckland, New Zealand

#18 Aug 18, 2013
Ms04 what a petty mean spirited and discussing, sorry excuse for a Human being you are. On top of that you statement is devoid of logic and and reason, you sir/madam are an ass.
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>So let me get this straight, you claim you are only 35 and cannot work, but somehow you were not so physically disabled to be able to screw enough times to have "3 young children". You dear are nothing but a sponge on society.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#19 Aug 18, 2013
Saul wrote:
Ms04 what a petty mean spirited and discussing, sorry excuse for a Human being you are. On top of that you statement is devoid of logic and and reason, you sir/madam are an ass.
<quoted text>
Really? No logic? Lets see if you can understand this dumbass, if are physically cabable of screwing, then you are well enough for some type of employment, but these losers would rather live off of the taxpayer as leaches than to support themselves. Understand slick?
Jed

Germany

#23 Sep 15, 2013
have been researching for months and reading reviews for each pharmacy and finally decided to take the plunge and order from one. After coming to the conclusion http://goo.gl/bLFWQG seemed the most safest and had the best feedback I ordered my pills. Was very apprehensive at first due to cc fraud, ell and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase againspam and being generally ripped off (have not received one spam email and no cc fraud) order process and checkout was simple.
placed my order on my debit card and was charged straight away and received confirmation email immediately. choose the speedy del trackable and was advised del would be 7-9 days and order was placed on the 08/01. was just about to email them today to chase up as now 15 days but behold package had been posted through my door. packaging seems as shown on webiste. apart from small delay on advertised shipping time i have been generally please with the pharmacy.
wont be taking the pills for another few weeks yet but all going well and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase again from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scher, Montrose physician and convicted murdere... (Jan '11) 1 hr catnip 8
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 7 hr Nopal 304
News Bail set in Hartle rape case, jury selection to... 9 hr Outrageous 61
News In climate denial, again (Oct '10) 11 hr Into The Night 116
News Officer: Military adultery ban is unfair to het... 12 hr nanoanomaly 1
News U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch to visit LA... 12 hr nanoanomaly 1
News The Senate Wants to Punish Sanctuary Cities by ... 12 hr nanoanomaly 3
More from around the web