U.S. Clean-Gasoline Rule Opposed by O...

U.S. Clean-Gasoline Rule Opposed by Oil Group Said Near

There are 17 comments on the www.businessweek.com story from Mar 28, 2013, titled U.S. Clean-Gasoline Rule Opposed by Oil Group Said Near. In it, www.businessweek.com reports that:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency tomorrow will propose a rule to cut the amount of sulfur in gasoline, a move supported by automakers and environmentalists though opposed by oil producers who predict it will increase fuel prices.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.businessweek.com.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 28, 2013
Obama wishes to continue to suppress the poor with high gas prices. He's a cock knocker.
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Does sulfur burn or just stink?
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

#3 Mar 29, 2013
they ruled out using alcohol as a motor fuel way back in the 50s.it is a fact it produces smog.that is why it was not used,do your research and it will become clear why it increases smog..the EPA caved to the dept of Ag. to increase corn price by forcing the public to burn alcohol in there fuel.hell yes smog will become a problem and will get much worse.no matter how they reduce sulfur in fuel or how efficient the engine will burn fuel,its a plain fact alcohol in fuel will create smog.you can not change that fact.even Henry ford which planed to run his cars on alcohol,faced this fact.seems like after they took science out of public eduction,they can sell the public any thing,and the public will buy it.with 10 per cent alcohol in fuel,smog will increase up to 1000 per cent,just do your own research.it will be easy to understand.small amount of alcohol will break down water ,allowing it to pass thru small jets..so called fuel treatment.bottom line with addition of alcohol you are using large amount of treated water,which can be seen as steam,or water drops from your ex pipe.pure gasoline made from oil.you never get steam or water in your ex pipe.now in the 50s when they still made some gasoline from coal,water was a problem.there for a dinosaur on the pump insured pure crud oil gasoline.water in your fuel,was cured by pouring a quart of a alcohol in your tank.any old service station man knows,55 gallon barrel alcohol dumped into gasoline tank at station,allowed you to put a couple hundred gallons of water in your gas.the customer never knew the difference.unless you got greedy to much water customer might notice steam.now days steam is common.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#4 Mar 29, 2013
Most people would gladly pay $6-$9 a gallon for gas if Obama's EPA says we should. Adding $3 a gallon federal tax would help the government help poor people. It is so progressively obvious we need to just do it.
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

#5 Mar 29, 2013
Halito wrote:
it does not burn or stink.it is the soot you find in your pipe.its what the detergent in your oil removes.. it protects your valves,and in diesel engine it lubricates your pump.thats why older diesel engines now need additive in fuel to prevent pump damage.it does not create pollution.how ever it will plug up the cheap ass catalytic converters used now days.it did not hurt the real catalytic converts used on older cars.the higher the sulfur content the higher gas millage your engine will get,but thats another story.do your research .
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

#6 Mar 29, 2013
you will be paying 9 dollars for gas,we destroyed Iraq over threw the government,no more stable oil production,Iran bad boys,and oil production in America is booming,reason is more states like tn are passing laws on mineral rights,use them or lose them. in tn. after three years the rites return to the land owner.all the English b.p. and American oil company's have to do is convince the population that the Arabs are bad boys,and tear up there government create unrest in there country.and stop there oil production.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#7 Mar 29, 2013
Halito wrote:
You may find out!

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#8 Mar 29, 2013
hillbilly wrote:
they ruled out using alcohol as a motor fuel way back in the 50s.it is a fact it produces smog.that is why it was not used,do your research and it will become clear why it increases smog..the EPA caved to the dept of Ag. to increase corn price by forcing the public to burn alcohol in there fuel.hell yes smog will become a problem and will get much worse.no matter how they reduce sulfur in fuel or how efficient the engine will burn fuel,its a plain fact alcohol in fuel will create smog.you can not change that fact.even Henry ford which planed to run his cars on alcohol,faced this fact.seems like after they took science out of public eduction,they can sell the public any thing,and the public will buy it.with 10 per cent alcohol in fuel,smog will increase up to 1000 per cent,just do your own research.it will be easy to understand.small amount of alcohol will break down water ,allowing it to pass thru small jets..so called fuel treatment.bottom line with addition of alcohol you are using large amount of treated water,which can be seen as steam,or water drops from your ex pipe.pure gasoline made from oil.you never get steam or water in your ex pipe.now in the 50s when they still made some gasoline from coal,water was a problem.there for a dinosaur on the pump insured pure crud oil gasoline.water in your fuel,was cured by pouring a quart of a alcohol in your tank.any old service station man knows,55 gallon barrel alcohol dumped into gasoline tank at station,allowed you to put a couple hundred gallons of water in your gas.the customer never knew the difference.unless you got greedy to much water customer might notice steam.now days steam is common.
The water absorbed by alcohol is in the fuel tank in the first place.

Yet, alcohol serves the same purpose of lead, in lowering volitility, and therefore octane.
The lubricating effect of lead is replaced by better valve seats in manufacture.

So, smog, or lead?
And the smog of 10% Ethyl is negligable.

Nothing is perfect; and alcohol beats both lead and the very dangerous MTBE.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Mar 29, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Most people would gladly pay $6-$9 a gallon for gas if Obama's EPA says we should. Adding $3 a gallon federal tax would help the government help poor people. It is so progressively obvious we need to just do it.
but how would obamas gang buds afford gas for their drive bys in chitown then ?
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

#10 Mar 29, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The water absorbed by alcohol is in the fuel tank in the first place.
Yet, alcohol serves the same purpose of lead, in lowering volitility, and therefore octane.
The lubricating effect of lead is replaced by better valve seats in manufacture.
So, smog, or lead?
And the smog of 10% Ethyl is negligable.
Nothing is perfect; and alcohol beats both lead and the very dangerous MTBE.
alcohol don't got nothing to do with replacing lead.alcohol is only used in warm weather,gas in winter does not have alcohol; in it,alcohol is used in race cars because it raises the octane.in a high compression engine it burns pretty good.i got a old Continental engine on my sawmill that was designed for alcohol.in my life i have made plenty of it. but now gasoline is cheaper and easier to use.but studies done years ago proves it causes smog.it was outlawed in l.a. California back in the 50s on count of this.and yes it does break down into water in your tank.freeze it a 20 below and the water will freeze out into ice.boil it a 180 degrees the alcohol will boil out of the gasoline.with todays high temp engines,i don't know how much of it every reaches the cylinders,a alcohol engine runs at 160 degrees.not 200.the lead was replaced first by sodium filled valves and harding seats.but then they replaced the lead with other chemicals.i got several older motors that run modern gas all the time,they where built before unleaded gas was made, fork lift 1955 800 ford tractor from the 50s,to international trucks late 60.so no lead gas does not seem to effect older motors.only my 69 model ford 390 truck engine seems to not burn it good,i did have to replace the valves in it.in my diesels i have run about every kind of oil made,even old transformer oil,used motor oil,veg oil.my old cat 955 called for fuel oil.and it will burn any thing thats oil.
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

#11 Mar 29, 2013
by the way any half decent home made alcohol will burn in a engine,it is so simple to make does not require no Fancy equipment like sold on the net,just a common still. when it is first made it is around 190 proof.to drink it . it must be cut about 50 per cent with water,thats how you make it drinkable.any still will make fuel grade alcohol.years ago farmers bootleggers and poor folks made it to run in there cars all the time,before 10 cent gasoline came around.today corn price is to high.far as sugar,every body had bee hives,i cup honey replaces 10 pound sugar.that was how it was done.long as you don't try to drink it,you can make black pot,using 55 gallon barrel,and car radiator for condenser,but it will be poison.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#12 Mar 29, 2013
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
but how would obamas gang buds afford gas for their drive bys in chitown then ?
Just like obamacare, there would be exemptions available to the right people - or maybe it was the left people.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#13 Mar 29, 2013
hillbilly wrote:
by the way any half decent home made alcohol will burn in a engine,it is so simple to make does not require no Fancy equipment like sold on the net,just a common still. when it is first made it is around 190 proof.to drink it . it must be cut about 50 per cent with water,thats how you make it drinkable.any still will make fuel grade alcohol.years ago farmers bootleggers and poor folks made it to run in there cars all the time,before 10 cent gasoline came around.today corn price is to high.far as sugar,every body had bee hives,i cup honey replaces 10 pound sugar.that was how it was done.long as you don't try to drink it,you can make black pot,using 55 gallon barrel,and car radiator for condenser,but it will be poison.
Pretty cool. Did you ever try and make alcohol from your sawdust?

And most of the poison from your car radiator still is lead, from the radiator solder.
Sonds like you have it all under control.

And I've been through Pikeville. Had good riends in Sevierville, we took the secenic route south from there. Very pretty, as I remember. Reminded me of the Cumbrland area. I think my wife stopped in the antique store.
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

#14 Mar 31, 2013
the cost to turn sawdust into alcohol is to high,it can be done,but is complicated it first requires breaking down the wood cells,and requires expenses equipment,and acid. but yes i have tried to make wood alcohol ,It did not work, the way i tried it,How ever mother earth news,did use it to make wood gas,which i believe they ran in a sawmill engine or car.if the government did not have laws against every thing.sawmill ran for years fuel free,it makes three time more waste product than required to run a steam engine.this same engine was used in the old days to make electric to power a small town.with a sawmill running.now days most people just throw the slabs and dust into a fire,total waste.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#15 Apr 1, 2013
hillbilly wrote:
the cost to turn sawdust into alcohol is to high,it can be done,but is complicated it first requires breaking down the wood cells,and requires expenses equipment,and acid. but yes i have tried to make wood alcohol ,It did not work, the way i tried it,How ever mother earth news,did use it to make wood gas,which i believe they ran in a sawmill engine or car.if the government did not have laws against every thing.sawmill ran for years fuel free,it makes three time more waste product than required to run a steam engine.this same engine was used in the old days to make electric to power a small town.with a sawmill running.now days most people just throw the slabs and dust into a fire,total waste.
Wonderful. I enjoy your stories of your experiences. You probably know that the Germans built a wood-fired automobile during WWII.

And just today, I heard that the government is going to support upping the ethanol content of auto fuel from 10% to 15%.
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

#16 Apr 6, 2013
the united states has had many wood fired steam cars and tractors.yes the government will increase ethanol in gasoline,it should cut gas millage even more,take a muit fuel car like a Geo.making over 35 mile per gallon,fill it up with e85 you will be Lucky to get 20 mpg. 10 per cent ethanol,cuts my ford festive from 38 down to 31 mpg. don't know what 15 per cent will do.i need to build another engine for summer time use,at least 12.1 compression,proper timed for alcohol.only thing you will need to swap engines to burn gasoline,no motor can do both.on alcohol the compression needs to be to high to burn it,then the octane rating of gasoline is to low.for it to run gasoline with out engine damage.the government [oil company's ] are using alcohol to screw the public,the e.p.a. loves it because it will cause smog that people can see.so they will get more funds and power to solve the problem the public sees.we need alcohol to produce visible smog.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#17 Apr 8, 2013
hillbilly wrote:
the united states has had many wood fired steam cars and tractors.yes the government will increase ethanol in gasoline,it should cut gas millage even more,take a muit fuel car like a Geo.making over 35 mile per gallon,fill it up with e85 you will be Lucky to get 20 mpg. 10 per cent ethanol,cuts my ford festive from 38 down to 31 mpg. don't know what 15 per cent will do.i need to build another engine for summer time use,at least 12.1 compression,proper timed for alcohol.only thing you will need to swap engines to burn gasoline,no motor can do both.on alcohol the compression needs to be to high to burn it,then the octane rating of gasoline is to low.for it to run gasoline with out engine damage.the government [oil company's ] are using alcohol to screw the public,the e.p.a. loves it because it will cause smog that people can see.so they will get more funds and power to solve the problem the public sees.we need alcohol to produce visible smog.
Maybe you can buy an old Cosworth. Good luck. I wish I could see it. The traditional way, I'm sure you know, is to shave the head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man claims he was fired because he is gay, file... 3 hr Charlie 13
News Family speaks out in deadly South Lake Tahoe of... 10 hr Let us be real 3
News St. Paul man convicted of stabbing wife 64 time... (Apr '11) 10 hr Phineas 22
News Anti-abortion group releases video snippet afte... 10 hr cpeter1313 3
News Supporters of Ohio charter-school reforms urge ... Sat They cannot kill ... 3
News Massena man faces 10 days in jail for punching ... Sat Forrest 4
News Vickers sentenced to 17 years for murder (Nov '09) Sat Friend 23
More from around the web