Obama Invites Illegal Immigrants to His Big Speech, Still Refuses to Meet With ICE Agents

Jan 29, 2014 Full story: Free Republic 13

Last night, six illegal immigrants attended the State of the Union address as guests of President Obama in an effort to bolster his calls for immigration reform.

Read more
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#1 Jan 29, 2014
Aiding & Abetting.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#2 Jan 29, 2014
Iíll bet not one person in that room Democrat or Republican has not committed numerous fraudulent acts. I am sure that the illegal aliens felt right at home among their peers.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jan 29, 2014
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Iíll bet not one person in that room Democrat or Republican has not committed numerous fraudulent acts. I am sure that the illegal aliens felt right at home among their peers.
lol , good one.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#4 Jan 29, 2014
Birds of a feather do stick together. Just look at the people who support amnesty. They see nothing wrong with fraud, living off the taxpayer, lying and deceiving to get what they want just like their politicians and Hollywood heroes. They worship the gangsters so it is no surprise they see nothing wrong with violating the law and stealing from others.
There are several fools on here who liken illegal entry in to the U.S. to a speeding ticket. They say "everybody does it". Personally I have been driving for over 35 years an average of probably 30,000 miles per year and I have never had a moving violation or an at fault accident. If I ever do I will pay the penalty and not cry unfair and racism. I take responsibility for my actions and the actions of those I direct. When I make a mistake or one of my subordinates does I do not claim that I was unaware until I saw it on the news. I own it and do what I can to correct the situation.
Jose

New York, NY

#5 Jan 29, 2014
VIVA Presidente Obama!!!
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jan 29, 2014
Jose wrote:
VIVA Presidente Obama!!!
lol
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#7 Jan 29, 2014
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Birds of a feather do stick together. Just look at the people who support amnesty. They see nothing wrong with fraud, living off the taxpayer, lying and deceiving to get what they want just like their politicians and Hollywood heroes. They worship the gangsters so it is no surprise they see nothing wrong with violating the law and stealing from others.
There are several fools on here who liken illegal entry in to the U.S. to a speeding ticket. They say "everybody does it". Personally I have been driving for over 35 years an average of probably 30,000 miles per year and I have never had a moving violation or an at fault accident. If I ever do I will pay the penalty and not cry unfair and racism. I take responsibility for my actions and the actions of those I direct. When I make a mistake or one of my subordinates does I do not claim that I was unaware until I saw it on the news. I own it and do what I can to correct the situation.
What?

If you received a speeding ticket you would pay a fine and then move on with your life? Seriously? You would not insist on serving time? You would not demand that your license be revoked for life? You would not instruct the authorities to penalize your family members too?

Committing a civil violation and simply paying a fine and walking away would by "amnesty" according to the Topix definition of the word.

I guess we can assume that you have changed your views on the entire subject. Good for you.
Oldglory

Banning, CA

#8 Jan 30, 2014
Every law has a penalty for breaking it. Speeding you get a ticket. Viiolating our immigration laws gets your deported. The punishment fits the seriousness of the crime. I don't know of anyone's family that is punished for the crimes of another family member but they certainly shouldn't benefit from it either.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#9 Jan 30, 2014
Oldglory wrote:
Every law has a penalty for breaking it. Speeding you get a ticket. Viiolating our immigration laws gets your deported. The punishment fits the seriousness of the crime. I don't know of anyone's family that is punished for the crimes of another family member but they certainly shouldn't benefit from it either.
My point was that "amnesty" is granted thousands of times a day in all 50 states yet I never hear a complaint on Topix about it.

Just to clarify, unlawful presence is a civil violation. It is not a crime. Speeding is usually also a civil violation, but in most states can be bumped up to a misdemeanor under some circumstances. Unlawful presence by itself is never a crime.

Does the punishment fit the "offense"? Driving at excessive speed poses a very real physical danger to anybody on the road including families. There are about 34,000 motor vehicle deaths per year in the US. A good number of these are the result of speeding. Anybody who has lost a family member in an accident that was no fault of their own, including me, certainly feels as if they have been "punished".

Regardless of how you feel about unlawful presence nobody has ever been harmed because a bus boy did not have a particular piece of paper in their pocket.
Jose

New York, NY

#10 Jan 30, 2014
wild child wrote:
<quoted text>lol
Obama is wonderful!!:)
Oldglory

Banning, CA

#11 Jan 30, 2014
Someone needs to check the stats on how many different crimes that illegal aliens commit in this country that does very much negatively impact Americans. Deaths are a part of that equasion but there are other ways that Americans are made to suffer due to the presence of illegal aliens here.

All I can say is that I have heard stupid analogies before but the bus boy one takes the cake.

If someone kills someone with their vehicle then they can be charged with manslaughter or murder. So yes, the punishment does fit the crime. Terminology means nothing. This is about lawbreaking. There is no denying that illegal aliens break our immigration laws and many more laws after they get here. Deportation is what our laws state and in no way should we have any mass "amnesty" which is what the pro-illegals are demanding. Ain't gonna happen! There is no justification for it!
Stan

Bucharest, Romania

#12 Jan 31, 2014
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
That was well said.

In 10 years if that long, USA will be destroyed by the crushing financial blow of illegals.

Both parties are guilty because talk is all they do.

Europe is suffering dearly due to illegals but they are a weak lost cause. USA still has time but not forever.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#14 Jan 31, 2014
Oldglory wrote:
Someone needs to check the stats on how many different crimes that illegal aliens commit in this country that does very much negatively impact Americans. Deaths are a part of that equasion but there are other ways that Americans are made to suffer due to the presence of illegal aliens here.
All I can say is that I have heard stupid analogies before but the bus boy one takes the cake.
If someone kills someone with their vehicle then they can be charged with manslaughter or murder. So yes, the punishment does fit the crime. Terminology means nothing. This is about lawbreaking. There is no denying that illegal aliens break our immigration laws and many more laws after they get here. Deportation is what our laws state and in no way should we have any mass "amnesty" which is what the pro-illegals are demanding. Ain't gonna happen! There is no justification for it!
Most bank robberies are committed by people with cars. Using your logic we should start rounding up all drivers to prevent that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 9 min A duck 333
News What life is like for Casey Anthony (Jul '14) 1 hr Lon Spector 287
News Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigat... (Apr '10) 1 hr jim 368
News Former nonprofit CEO pleads guilty to diverting... 1 hr Frances 1
News Vallejo is not Ferguson a " officials working t... 5 hr Doh 1
News Obama to ask agency official to step down amid ... 6 hr Dix 16
News Former worker accused of beating disabled resid... 8 hr guest 15
More from around the web