FDA Approves Cancer Treatment For Dogs

FDA Approves Cancer Treatment For Dogs

There are 2 comments on the WEWS story from Jun 12, 2009, titled FDA Approves Cancer Treatment For Dogs. In it, WEWS reports that:

The Food and Drug Administration has approved the first drug made specifically to treat cancer in dogs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WEWS.

Since: Dec 05

Rahway, NJ

#1 Jun 12, 2009
Wouldn't it be nice to know ahead of time if you were one of the 39% of the women who would respond to Tykerb, instead of taking the chance of being the 61% who wouldn't respond to the drug? And wouldn't it be nice to know "before" finding out that the other cancer treatments wouldn't respond? Perhaps Tykerb would be successful in the first-line setting?

Patients would certainly have a better chance of success had their cancer been chemo-sensitive rather than chemo-resistant, where it is more apparent that chemotherapy improves the survival of patients, and where identifying the most effective chemotherapy would be more likely to improve survival above that achieved with empiric chemotherapy.

A good benchmark assessment of the efficacy of drugs that come out of clinical trials, could be cell function analysis. With the absence of effective laboratory tests to guide physicians, many patients do not even get a second chance at treatment when their disease progresses.

Spending six to eight weeks to diagnose treatment failure often consumes a substantial portion of a patient's remaining survival, not to mention toxicities and mutagenic effects. Patients could benefit from cell function analysis as a supplement to other clinical data when deciding on a treatment option.
Diego
#2 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republican senators blink on a big chance to re... 1 hr Retribution 11
News Dozens Arrested In Mercer County Drug Sweep (Oct '10) 2 hr For sure 175
News If there's a war between California and Kentuck... 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 142
News Stage set for high drama during US Senate vote ... 5 hr Red Crosse 13
News We could do more to fight cancer like McCain's.... 7 hr Theocraencyclical 38
News Senate rejects proposal for 'Obamacare' repeal 7 hr YouDidntBuildThat 6
News Jude Fitzgerald faces charges 7 hr Concerned citizen 4
More from around the web