Hazleton residents propose armed groups

Mar 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Times Leader

Mark Rabo addressed council, suggesting the crime rate and constraints of the city's budget warranted the presence of an armed crime watch group to patrol city streets.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of45
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

It is a sad moment in Hazleton, out of approx. 30,000 only about 220 show up for a very important meeting, that just goes to show these people that care are alone, I know there are a lot more than 220 property owners out there but don't want to bother with the lifestyle in Hazleton. I'm not religious but I have always heard "God helps those who help themselves", and when only 220+ show that care and the rest don't, well, don't expect miraculous changes to happen anytime soon. The people of Hazleton should be ashamed, finger pointing an complaining won't do anything. Not including the 220 people that showed up, what will it take the rest of Hazleton to get involved or to care? A swift kick in the ass maybe?
Coca-Zola

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 12, 2013
 
Why didn't anybody show up to meet us? We worked hard to become leaders in Hazleton, so kindly show up and follow. Bring some coke while you are at it.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

fed up wrote:
It is a sad moment in Hazleton, out of approx. 30,000 only about 220 show up for a very important meeting, that just goes to show these people that care are alone, I know there are a lot more than 220 property owners out there but don't want to bother with the lifestyle in Hazleton. I'm not religious but I have always heard "God helps those who help themselves", and when only 220+ show that care and the rest don't, well, don't expect miraculous changes to happen anytime soon. The people of Hazleton should be ashamed, finger pointing an complaining won't do anything. Not including the 220 people that showed up, what will it take the rest of Hazleton to get involved or to care? A swift kick in the ass maybe?
At some point you're going to realize that your expectations of that crap hole of a city is purely delusional.
fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 13, 2013
 
Alea iacta est wrote:
<quoted text>
At some point you're going to realize that your expectations of that crap hole of a city is purely delusional.
it seems like no matter what I post you'll always post something back to antagonize me. You must be bored and lonely I think. But I'm to serene for that, do me a a favor and go be that "bad case of hemorrhoids" on somebody else's ass. I'm a clean person, but you act like a bad case of it, really.
scabies in my scrote

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 13, 2013
 
When I was a gay prostitute I had hemorrhoids for a week. After a month I was "blossoming" and had to retire. I made over $30k but spent it all on heroin and Dale Earnhardt memorabilia. I think thats how I got scabies too.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 13, 2013
 
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>it seems like no matter what I post you'll always post something back to antagonize me. You must be bored and lonely I think. But I'm to serene for that, do me a a favor and go be that "bad case of hemorrhoids" on somebody else's ass. I'm a clean person, but you act like a bad case of it, really.
You told me to "come back when I grow a brain" and called me stupid. YOU started it. Now, every time you post your moronic babble I'm going to point out what an idiot you really are.
fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Mar 13, 2013
 
Alea iacta est wrote:
<quoted text>
You told me to "come back when I grow a brain" and called me stupid. YOU started it. Now, every time you post your moronic babble I'm going to point out what an idiot you really are.
you came back but I don't see a brain, I see nuisance, that's all.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Mar 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brain huh, let's see. I graduated from a top NYC college and went on to take an additional 30 credit's and passed several other certified courses. You took a demanding 80 hour classroom course and then a difficult 30 min road test so you can make a living sitting on what little brains you have...Driving back and forth from point A to point B inhaling diesel fumes all day reflects in the posts you make. Uhh 10-4 Good Buddy....You moron. With any luck, one of those Hispanics will make you another statistic and do the city a favor.
fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Mar 14, 2013
 
Alea iacta est wrote:
Brain huh, let's see. I graduated from a top NYC college and went on to take an additional 30 credit's and passed several other certified courses. You took a demanding 80 hour classroom course and then a difficult 30 min road test so you can make a living sitting on what little brains you have...Driving back and forth from point A to point B inhaling diesel fumes all day reflects in the posts you make. Uhh 10-4 Good Buddy....You moron. With any luck, one of those Hispanics will make you another statistic and do the city a favor.
yeah and with all that education, you act and post nonsense contradicting yourself in other forums just trying to agravate me. Kind of childish I think, are you still upset over something I posted days ago? I'm college educated myself, and now I own a company with a fleet of 45 trucks. And yes I still get behind the wheel of one of my trucks because I like to travel. I had my license long before this CDL stuff went through. You don't know anything about me, yet you stereotype for what you think I am. With all that education you claim to have earned I expect better than a "spoiled brat" mentality which makes you look like an ignorant punk, that's all. Instead of portraying me like something you want me to be, your posting behavior is not helping you. Just think about it ,a truck driver posted something the scholar didn't like, and now he is all upset. You look like moronic fool! I got more important things to worry about right now, a neighborhood meeting, so I'll catch you later.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Mar 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You claim to own a company of 45 trucks and you STILL live in Hazleton...Who's the fool???? LOL......
SlimBobArsonPant s

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Mar 15, 2013
 
I have a a PhD pyromania from Hard Knock University and have a fleet of stolen shopping carts. Top that you punks!
fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Mar 16, 2013
 
Alea iacta est wrote:
You claim to own a company of 45 trucks and you STILL live in Hazleton...Who's the fool???? LOL......
well, I own property in Hazleton, my company is in Wilkes-Barre, what's foolish about that?
senior amigo

Wellsboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Mar 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i agree national guard! if you live in hazleton or the surrounding areas get yourself some protection. shotgun handgun dog sabertooth tiger... whatever your comfortable with. the cops cant handle the crime. now the question who's to blame for the cities condition. in my opinion the major cause is CANDO!!!! CANDO has imported low wage earners from major cities to employ at the low wage jobs they imported to the area. not only have they imported the lowest wage earners and lowest wage payees.... they have detered and deflected the attempts of high paying jobs for years to satisfy and elimanate the competition to the industries they have attracted in the past and are still located here. then they send out wage surveys to the occupants in thier industrial parks so they can share with the existing and potenial low wage paying companies so they can keep paying dirt for wages. i know becuase i lived it. they should make the owners of the companys and the can do members patrol the strets so they can see what they have done to the area.
fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Mar 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

senior amigo wrote:
i agree national guard! if you live in hazleton or the surrounding areas get yourself some protection. shotgun handgun dog sabertooth tiger... whatever your comfortable with. the cops cant handle the crime. now the question who's to blame for the cities condition. in my opinion the major cause is CANDO!!!! CANDO has imported low wage earners from major cities to employ at the low wage jobs they imported to the area. not only have they imported the lowest wage earners and lowest wage payees.... they have detered and deflected the attempts of high paying jobs for years to satisfy and elimanate the competition to the industries they have attracted in the past and are still located here. then they send out wage surveys to the occupants in thier industrial parks so they can share with the existing and potenial low wage paying companies so they can keep paying dirt for wages. i know becuase i lived it. they should make the owners of the companys and the can do members patrol the strets so they can see what they have done to the area.
I add those damn "temp service" agencies to your list, they are another major cause to the problem.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Mar 17, 2013
 
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>I add those damn "temp service" agencies to your list, they are another major cause to the problem.
How so? Mind you, I'm no fan of the temp services myself, but how they cause a problem is a stretch. As a company looking to hire for several positions, I would not want the dregs from the city stinking up my reception area filling out an application. Then do the interview, drug screening, reference and background check only to hire the person so they can quit after a check or two. The bottom line is the company tells the agency to fill a position that is "3 months temp to hire". After the 3 months, for some "reason" the person is not hired on and waits say 6 months and leaves for another false promise at another factory. Repeat cycle ad nauseam. I also believe the factories in Humboldt get a tax break for keeping a large percentage of the payroll Hispanic. As the prior post pointed out, the companies themselves are the biggest problem. Not to mention, for every 1 job that opens up, 5 Dominicans move to town. It's only a matter of time before the entire area implodes.( Just wait for the Obama care and the 30 hour work week and health care crap kicks in...HA HA HA....)
fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Mar 17, 2013
 
Alea iacta est wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? Mind you, I'm no fan of the temp services myself, but how they cause a problem is a stretch. As a company looking to hire for several positions, I would not want the dregs from the city stinking up my reception area filling out an application. Then do the interview, drug screening, reference and background check only to hire the person so they can quit after a check or two. The bottom line is the company tells the agency to fill a position that is "3 months temp to hire". After the 3 months, for some "reason" the person is not hired on and waits say 6 months and leaves for another false promise at another factory. Repeat cycle ad nauseam. I also believe the factories in Humboldt get a tax break for keeping a large percentage of the payroll Hispanic. As the prior post pointed out, the companies themselves are the biggest problem. Not to mention, for every 1 job that opens up, 5 Dominicans move to town. It's only a matter of time before the entire area implodes.( Just wait for the Obama care and the 30 hour work week and health care crap kicks in...HA HA HA....)
major part of my answer is on what you already posted (lines 2 to 8), you did this on the employer's point of view. Temp services is for temporary work, if a company likes the work of a temporary worker, then the company has to hire him or her on as a regular employee. The company now has to spend money on the new employee like their own background check, company physical, drug screen, and other hiring requirements. Then the benefits have to roll in, and it gets costly for an employer. A temp worker cannot work for a long period of time as a temp for a company, he/she has to get hired on as a regularemployee so 2-3 months go by and the temp has to go and gets replaced by another temp. Temp services hire on anybody who is willing to work and "dregs of society" are hired also. I know of one agency where a person only has to sign up and get on the list to get work. Another reason companies use these temps is because production slows down and have to lay-off people temporarily, then laid off people go and collect unemployment insurance, which is another cost to the employer.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Mar 17, 2013
 
I don't know where you get your information, but I knew people that worked for companies for over a year and never got hired in. The concept of hired on in a certain period of time is bull crap. And once again, how is it the agency's fault in regard to the miserable employment environment in the city? Using your logic, if one of your trucks delivers cigarettes, you are guilty of causing cancer.
lol at derps

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Mar 17, 2013
 
All of the intelligent people commute to NYC for work, the rest are just derps.
fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Mar 17, 2013
 
Alea iacta est wrote:
I don't know where you get your information, but I knew people that worked for companies for over a year and never got hired in. The concept of hired on in a certain period of time is bull crap. And once again, how is it the agency's fault in regard to the miserable employment environment in the city? Using your logic, if one of your trucks delivers cigarettes, you are guilty of causing cancer.
how can this be logic to anybody If my truck hauls a load of tobacco products from shipper to consigne? How is this related to the use of temp sevices? Now you are going way off field on this. If it's this a way of logic let's blame the carriers that deliver food products to supermarkets and restaurants for the obesity problems, bonded carriers (example UPS) for all the gun crimes since they bring new firearms to the sporting good stores, all the car carriers be responsible for the accidents since they deliver vehicles to dealers. I'm in the transport business, this is not my logic. You say you knew people that were temp workers at one place for a long time, did they get benefits like paid health insurance , paid holidays, paid sick days from the place they were working at? Or was that the responsability of the agency that sent them to work there? My point is that temp agencies, in a way, enable companies to keep their wages low.
fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Mar 17, 2013
 
Alea iacta est wrote:
I don't know where you get your information, but I knew people that worked for companies for over a year and never got hired in. The concept of hired on in a certain period of time is bull crap. And once again, how is it the agency's fault in regard to the miserable employment environment in the city? Using your logic, if one of your trucks delivers cigarettes, you are guilty of causing cancer.
(cont'd) one example is I have a friend that at one time he was a full time armed security guard, his company downsized on workforce and he was let go. He signed on with a temp agency and only got work here and there sporadically for a long while. Then they sent him to work at Pilsbury to work. He's been there close to a year now. They work him like crazy for a month or longer then suddenly they tell him he only has to come in 1 or 2 days the next week, or he gets a whole week off. Then they call him in to work again, he sees this as a routine thing always going on. He tells me he inquired about getting hired on as a regular employee, they tell him he doesn't qualify because he doesn't work there steadily on a weekly 40 hour work week which is no fault of his own. The way he sees it, he doesn't see himself there as a Pilsbury employee any time soon. He has no health insurance, he gets holidays off without pay,.no sick days from anybody. The only thing he sees is that the agency provides a healthcare program but at his own expense, that's it. That's pretty much how companies treat their blue collar workforce these days..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of45
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••