KSP describes cockfighting ring as on...

KSP describes cockfighting ring as one of largest In Southeast

There are 420 comments on the WHAS11 story from Jul 20, 2010, titled KSP describes cockfighting ring as one of largest In Southeast. In it, WHAS11 reports that:

Police say it may be one of the largest cockfighting rings in the Southeast, drawing hundreds of spectators each month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAS11.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
Cockfighter for life

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 20, 2010
What a load of bull! It was not a serect "ring" that is such a load of bull! It was a family run place with good family folks, to describe them this way is not right!

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 20, 2010
Cockfighter for life wrote:
What a load of bull! It was not a serect "ring" that is such a load of bull! It was a family run place with good family folks, to describe them this way is not right!
Family run?Cockfighting is illegal in all 50 states,in case you dont know.And that is cruel and inhumane,just like forcing dogs to fight.This is a disgusting bloodsport,and to know that people condone this is extremely sickening.I hope you were sarcastic with your comment,i really do.It truly sickens me sometimes what people will do for money.
Jordan

Louisville, KY

#3 Jul 20, 2010
Cockfighter for life wrote:
Topix now has your IP,condoning you are involved in something illegal on the internet is as stupid as it comes.
rooster

Prospect, KY

#4 Jul 20, 2010
i thought it was waymoregay and chylloh up to there little tricks.
ouch

New Albany, IN

#5 Jul 20, 2010
good family fun? right!! i want my 6 year old witnessing a cockfight! good family night out... NOT! cruelty to animals needs to be stopped. yes, it may be in some cocks nature to fight just as well as some dogs are aggressive but don't make things worse and antagonize, organize or bet on something as horrific as watching something fight til it's death. it is wrong and anyone participating should do jail time. they should stop slapping you ignorant shits on the hand and put you in there long enough to get a lil d-ick up in you and make you see your foolish ways!
ouch

New Albany, IN

#6 Jul 20, 2010
Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix now has your IP,condoning you are involved in something illegal on the internet is as stupid as it comes.
i wasn't aware that they didn't always have or capable of getting your IP...

“Hello”

Location hidden

#7 Jul 20, 2010
Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
In all seriousness,i hope this "person" was joking.That people could do this and sleep at night is beyond sick.They pump these poor birds full of steroids,and put razors on their feet so they can do major damage to each other,while these buffoons are exchanging money.These kind of cases paint a bad picture of the south,in my opinion.
another free American

Irvington, KY

#8 Jul 21, 2010
ouch wrote:
good family fun? right!! i want my 6 year old witnessing a cockfight! good family night out... NOT! cruelty to animals needs to be stopped. yes, it may be in some cocks nature to fight just as well as some dogs are aggressive but don't make things worse and antagonize, organize or bet on something as horrific as watching something fight til it's death. it is wrong and anyone participating should do jail time. they should stop slapping you ignorant shits on the hand and put you in there long enough to get a lil d-ick up in you and make you see your foolish ways!
Do you kiss your six year old with that mouth? NASTY!!
cock

United States

#10 Jul 21, 2010
sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>In all seriousness,i hope this "person" was joking.That people could do this and sleep at night is beyond sick.They pump these poor birds full of steroids,and put razors on their feet so they can do major damage to each other,while these buffoons are exchanging money.These kind of cases paint a bad picture of the south,in my opinion.
you and your mama is stupid

“Hello”

Location hidden

#11 Jul 21, 2010
cock wrote:
<quoted text>you and your mama is stupid
Come back in about 10 years when you've grown up sonny,then we'll have an adult conversation.
animal gurl

United States

#12 Jul 21, 2010
I hope with this bust that legislators get on our side so we can ban game chickens in Kentucky. There really is no reason why people should own any animal especially a fighting chicken, or pitbulls. Please help us end animal slavery.
hokey pokey

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jul 21, 2010
lemme guess. you're a shelbyville gurl?
The Old Man

Burkesville, KY

#14 Jul 22, 2010
If all you people that do not like this traditional, heritage event that could help any states economy, stay away ! A $ 5,000 Testing Facility Permit annually to the Federal or State & a $ 2.00 to $4,.00 spectator door fee could go to each county to help the county with facility, not counting income to grocery stores, diners, hotels/ motels. Do those so-called humane people know that, PETA & SPCA kills all Game fowl (roosters, hens, baby chicks ) in raids, the owners of these birds will still have 60 to 80 % living fowl in excellent condition after a year's testing & their freezers will have good clean chicken to eat, not filled with 8 week old, growth steroid fed chick, that you get from grocery stores & any fast food place.
I was drafted & sent to war, killed many & seen many friends killed & came home disabled - SO ANY COUNTRY LEADER THAT SENDS BOYS/MEN TO WAR IS A COCK FIGHTER & SHOULD BE CHARGED AS A COCK FIGHTER - that's OK, animals are more important then man according to you !
SO DON'T TELL ME OF WHAT IS HUMANE !!
OMG

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Jul 22, 2010
sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>Family run?Cockfighting is illegal in all 50 states,in case you dont know.And that is cruel and inhumane,just like forcing dogs to fight.This is a disgusting bloodsport,and to know that people condone this is extremely sickening.I hope you were sarcastic with your comment,i really do.It truly sickens me sometimes what people will do for money.
well since you seem to know so much and KNOW NOTHING... cockfighting IS NOT illegal in all 50 states and Kentucky is one of those states. it is not illegal in KY the only thing illegal is gambling. i really wish people would get all their facts straight before they go sticking their nose into something they seem to know nothing about. and i would like to know one thing... Do you or your family go fishing? if not im sure u know someone who does. and i bet you see nothing wrong with that. Cockfighting is a Sport just like hunting and fishing. Fish are killed everytime they are pulled from water. and how is hunting NOT a Bloodsport???? some people are so stupid!
Cry me a river

Glasgow, KY

#16 Jul 22, 2010
The Old Man wrote:
If all you people that do not like this traditional, heritage event that could help any states economy, stay away ! A $ 5,000 Testing Facility Permit annually to the Federal or State & a $ 2.00 to $4,.00 spectator door fee could go to each county to help the county with facility, not counting income to grocery stores, diners, hotels/ motels. Do those so-called humane people know that, PETA & SPCA kills all Game fowl (roosters, hens, baby chicks ) in raids, the owners of these birds will still have 60 to 80 % living fowl in excellent condition after a year's testing & their freezers will have good clean chicken to eat, not filled with 8 week old, growth steroid fed chick, that you get from grocery stores & any fast food place.
I was drafted & sent to war, killed many & seen many friends killed & came home disabled - SO ANY COUNTRY LEADER THAT SENDS BOYS/MEN TO WAR IS A COCK FIGHTER & SHOULD BE CHARGED AS A COCK FIGHTER - that's OK, animals are more important then man according to you !
Boo hoo hoo.

“Hello”

Location hidden

#17 Jul 22, 2010
OMG wrote:
<quoted text> well since you seem to know so much and KNOW NOTHING... cockfighting IS NOT illegal in all 50 states and Kentucky is one of those states. it is not illegal in KY the only thing illegal is gambling. i really wish people would get all their facts straight before they go sticking their nose into something they seem to know nothing about. and i would like to know one thing... Do you or your family go fishing? if not im sure u know someone who does. and i bet you see nothing wrong with that. Cockfighting is a Sport just like hunting and fishing. Fish are killed everytime they are pulled from water. and how is hunting NOT a Bloodsport???? some people are so stupid!
It may not be a felony YET,but to condone this bloodsport as being ok to do,shows how backwards you are,and how forwards i and most people are.It is a viciouys bloodsport where spurs are attached to their legs so they can rip each other up.and a lot of the times they're pumped with drugs.To compare hunting and fishing to rooosters tearing each other apart is ridiculous!If you condone this vicious "sport" all in the name of money,than you are stupid.It is sick how Ky lags behind the rest of the nation regarding laws protecting animals.
Ignorant in Ohio

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jul 22, 2010
OMG wrote:
<quoted text> well since you seem to know so much and KNOW NOTHING... cockfighting IS NOT illegal in all 50 states and Kentucky is one of those states. it is not illegal in KY the only thing illegal is gambling. i really wish people would get all their facts straight before they go sticking their nose into something they seem to know nothing about. and i would like to know one thing... Do you or your family go fishing? if not im sure u know someone who does. and i bet you see nothing wrong with that. Cockfighting is a Sport just like hunting and fishing. Fish are killed everytime they are pulled from water. and how is hunting NOT a Bloodsport???? some people are so stupid!
Cockfighting has been illegal in Kentucky for about six years now. You need to get your facts straight.

“Hello”

Location hidden

#19 Jul 22, 2010
The Old Man wrote:
I'll say the same to you,if you see nothing wrong with strapping spurs to roosters to tear each other apart while pumped with drugs,you are sick also.Most decent and humane people dont condone this vicious bloodsport all in the name of money.NO animal should be used to tear each other apart just for money,and that includes dogfighting.Oh one more thing,wierdo i served in the armed forces too.But i dont approve cruelty to animals,like most civilzed people dont.And this is not HUMANE!!!39 states have made this vicious sport illegal,hopefully ky will soon.You are def a whackjob.

“Hello”

Location hidden

#20 Jul 22, 2010
Ignorant in Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
Cockfighting has been illegal in Kentucky for about six years now. You need to get your facts straight.
According to the HSUS website,its only a misdemeanor.How anybody can think watching roosters rip each other open and blood everywhere,and theres usually gambling and sometimes drugs is ok is f'ed up.Unfortunaley these lowlife cockfighters come from other states to ky,because the laws are very weak here.
If you live in a state where cockfighting is considered merely a misdemeanor (Alabama, Hawaii, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, or West Virginia) ask your legislators to toughen up the penalities for this crime
Most of the participants in the cockfighting bust were from states where its illegal.God we're a vicious species.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#21 Jul 22, 2010
Actually sandy the animal kingdom is the more vicious,Ive never heard of humans eating their own offspring.But I agree with you about cockfighting,it's inhumane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 23 min Trump is a joke 237
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 1 hr hawaiian punch 249
News 'Aggressive excellence' lawyer Ken McKenna face... (Sep '10) 2 hr Yidfellas own Con... 19
News EPA overrules GE on Housatonic PCBs cleanup (Oct '16) 2 hr USS LIBERTY 14
News Cowboys' Elliott gets another reprieve, will pl... 9 hr Grandpa 5
News Crime 44 mins ago 12:22 p.m.Rogersville pediatr... 11 hr Amazed 77
News Catawba DA finds Sheriff candidate Jason Reid n... 17 hr MeJustMe 4
More from around the web