Hearing in Norton planned on sewer extension

Jan 10, 2013 Full story: West Side and South Side Leader 7

Summit County Public Health officials will hold a public hearing Jan. 22 at 7:30 p.m. in the Norton High School gymnasium on the proposed extension of sewers into some sections of the Nash Heights and Brookside Court area.

Read more
Bill

Girard, PA

#1 Jan 11, 2013
The county would not have done a thing if it weren't for our wonderful city administrator.
Jill

Barberton, OH

#2 Feb 24, 2013
I want to know why they didn't apply for any stimulus funds?
Jack

Barberton, OH

#3 Feb 28, 2013
Jill wrote:
I want to know why they didn't apply for any stimulus funds?
The city would have had to actually work, that's why!

Laziness and lack of vision on the city's part equates to the burden of the project to be born by the citizens.
Accross 21

Barberton, OH

#4 Mar 6, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
The city would have had to actually work, that's why!
Laziness and lack of vision on the city's part equates to the burden of the project to be born by the citizens.
Norton's administrators and council are ordinary citizens and are no smarter than many of the other citizens. All citizens are allowed to speak at council meetings to suggest methods to pay for sewers. There is an election coming up. Put the people you trust on council. They won't solve your problems any better or they already would have but at least you will have someone new to complain about.
jim

Barberton, OH

#5 Mar 16, 2013
Why doesn't Barberton and Norton just merge already?

At least the Norton residents wouldn't get gouged on their water and sewer bills -it might be legal for Norton to charge a surcharge on the Barberton service, but is it moral?
Not a Bad Idea

Barberton, OH

#6 Mar 20, 2013
jim wrote:
Why doesn't Barberton and Norton just merge already?
At least the Norton residents wouldn't get gouged on their water and sewer bills -it might be legal for Norton to charge a surcharge on the Barberton service, but is it moral?
They share the same zip code and soon will share the post office in downtown Barberton!
Bob

Barberton, OH

#7 Mar 29, 2013
Not a Bad Idea wrote:
<quoted text>
They share the same zip code and soon will share the post office in downtown Barberton!
Norton citizens are paying to educate a large percentage of Barberton's children through open enrollment.

I heard that 20% of the students at Norton are actually from Barberton.

Merge already, and call it "BarberNortucky".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Amnesty Numbers Game Jason Richwine 1 hour ... 1 hr okimar 2
News Mother Sentenced For Leaving Toddler At Home Wh... 2 hr Deport Her 1
News Lincoln PSD troubles ease 2 hr Ron Gregory is a ... 5
News Autopsies determine children found in freezer w... 3 hr bhesh 3
News Surveillance cameras proposed by Aiken Public S... 4 hr Janet 4
News Driver Who Hit Ferguson Protester Charged In Mi... 5 hr Billionaire Dayton 12
News Pittsfield jeweler Mark Yannone accused of stea... (Apr '13) 6 hr grifters and scou... 60
More from around the web