Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
57,561 - 57,580 of 65,977 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Probably true, He is one of the 'ner do wells' standing on the corner, with his pants at half-mast?
I expect better out of you.

You continue to lower yourself.

You'll be way down there with bit Jit, the Resident Pervert, pretty soon.

Continue on.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I have always said he made mistakes and was an idiot in part.
He made another "mistake" earlier today.

His "mistakes" are classified as crimes when committed by someone else.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
"working on one in Florida."
You admit then that it did not exist. Your point is moot.
"if anyone commits the act of racial profiling,"
It was criminal profiling.
The fact that all of the recent breakins and thefts in Zimmerman's neighborhood were committed by black youths, is irrelevant. It is a fact that they all were black youths. Facts are not racial. They are simply facts.
"is in pursuit of someone,"
Zimmerman "pursued" Martin at the request of the 911 dispatcher to relay the information asked of him twice by the dispatcher.
Your line of "pursuit reasoning" was dropped like a hot potato by the prosecution in the trial when that was pointed out by the defense. The "pursuit" horse is dead. Stop beating it.
"he should be ready for any consequences of those actions."
He was. Zimmerman VOLUNTARILY SURRENDERED and stood trial. Your point has no base, and therefore is no point at all.
"the stand your ground laws are absurd and easy to hide behind, if anyone in this incident should have invoked them, it was Trayvon Martin."
This is NOT a SYG case and never was. It was a simple self defense case. BTW, Martin did just that "absurd" thing. He used his fists in response to a simple question of "What are you doing here?".
"Put that in your hookah and smoke it."
Impossible. You have provided no substance to smkoe. Emotions and disconnected logic are but meaningless disconnected words. Your hookah is empty.
It is better to have an empty hookah than to have an empty skull.

----an ancient BTBF proverb

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... THIS time ... you used the word "asked".
You still insist on being obtuse and ignore the fact that TWO other "askings" from the 911 dispatcher, were also present in that 911 call. Both of those "askings" were a request for further information about Martin's actions and whereabouts. THAT requires the one being asked (Zimmerman) to provide that information must at the very least observe the suspect, and THAT often requires one to follow the suspect.
I am pointing out that the "word games" of "told" and "directed" and "commanded", which YOU all played, were brought up and instantly abandoned in the trial. Why? Because it was ALL irrelevant, and the defense could attack with the same angle the prosecution attempted. And they did.
poof - went that nonsense in court.
You are putting words in my mouth, which is very unsanitary. Your fictitious statement that I used the terms "directed" or "commanded" just reveal that you can't simply rely on the facts to support your case. I am fully aware that the dispatcher did not "order" Zimmerman to not follow Martin. But I am sure that the vast majority of people would have heeded her advice to go no further. If anything, Zimmerman's ignoring her tends to strengthen my belief that Zimmerman was looking for trouble and was out to "get" someone.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
He made another "mistake" earlier today.
His "mistakes" are classified as crimes when committed by someone else.
Wait and see. All we got is the obviously slanted and controversy loaded attention grabbing headline so far.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Zimmerman's past WAS allowed in court. That was not in question. Martin;s was withheld. Zimmerman's was allowed. All I said was that I had information that the jury did not.
You have no platform from which to attack as you attempt.
BTW, you sure that Zimmerman's prescription drugs and diagnosis were withheld from the jury? Why don't you read the trial transcripts for the first time and see if you are correct?
That burden would be yours, if you choose to disagree. You clearly don't know one way or another.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
A lack of evidence was a problem for the prosecution. Why? Because it does not exist. That is why three judges and DAs refused to try the case.
Three judges? Three DA's?

Really?

Who are these three judges and three DA's who refused to try the case because you say the evidence doesn't exist?

Looks like (yet again) you've inserted foot in mouth.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>That burden would be yours, if you choose to disagree. You clearly don't know one way or another.
You made the claim that it was withheld. Prove it.

I simply challenged you to read the transcript.
Oh well

Mandeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Oh well Zimmerman was released again to kill again - wish the cops were so understanding when it cam to Black People - http://www.Gotchamugshots.com
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I have always said he made mistakes and was an idiot in part.
Sadly those Zimmerman "mistakes" were compounded with a gun and the idiot Zimmerman used it.
Oh well

Mandeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Oh well Zimmerman was released again to kill again - wish the cops were so understanding when it cam to Black People - http://www.Gotchamugshot.com is the correct link
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>That burden would be yours, if you choose to disagree. You clearly don't know one way or another.
BTW, you are yet again incorrect.
George Zimmerman's ADHD and the prescriptions he was prescribed were brought up in open court. It happened during the part where the prosecution was trying to show that Zimmerman was training to fight, and Zimmerman's trainers and teachers were testifying. I watched it. I heard it.
Like I said, read it in the transcript and see if you are correct about it being withheld from the jury.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Three judges? Three DA's?
Really?
Who are these three judges and three DA's who refused to try the case because you say the evidence doesn't exist?
Looks like (yet again) you've inserted foot in mouth.
Poppycock.
Look it up for crying out loud. The charges were NOT brought for those 40 some days because of the lack of prosecutory evidence. The evidence supported the defense.
Why do you think they had to bring in a "special" prosecutor anyway?

Look it up.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait and see. All we got is the obviously slanted and controversy loaded attention grabbing headline so far.
The Truth is the Truth.

The Truth is no less the Truth just because you haven't heard it, don't know it, or don't accept it.

This is just the latest chapter in the chronicles of captain Zimmermurderer. I keep telling you people that we haven't heard the last from that thug and criminal.

The jury's verdict did not free that fool. It only emboldened him to believe that he can continue to be above the law. And he may well be right, BUT...

He shall NEVER be above the laws of God. Truth and Justice are The Lord's domain, not man's. captain Zimmermurderer may prance around, run free, threaten wifey and her family....BUT...

The gates of hell are wide open to him and he should run, not walk, through them. The wrath of God is greater than anything hell has to offer.

Hell doesn't have courts to sue others in; hell doesn't have security to hide behind; hell doesn't have "pro bono" lawyers to help subvert the law; hell doesn't have sham defense funds.

But it is better for captain Zimmermurderer to get comfortable in the confines of hell than to continue to flirt with the wrath of God. The latest exploits of the captain is yet another flirt with his destiny.

His destiny doesn't look too good.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You are putting words in my mouth, which is very unsanitary. Your fictitious statement that I used the terms "directed" or "commanded" just reveal that you can't simply rely on the facts to support your case. I am fully aware that the dispatcher did not "order" Zimmerman to not follow Martin. But I am sure that the vast majority of people would have heeded her advice to go no further. If anything, Zimmerman's ignoring her tends to strengthen my belief that Zimmerman was looking for trouble and was out to "get" someone.
You used the term "told" then. I did not sya that you specifically said any specific word(s). I wrote "you all". That indicates and includes all the people who have a problem with the jury's descision.

"Her"?
Who is "her"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Wife says George Zimmerman threatened her, but won't press charges

George Zimmerman's wife called 911 on Monday afternoon to report that her husband was threatening her family
but
she later declined to press charges,
police confirmed.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/tra...
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

<quoted text>
The Truth is the Truth.
The Truth is no less the Truth just because you haven't heard it, don't know it, or don't accept it.
Well, in this case I have not heard it. That is why I said "Wait and see."
DUH
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The Truth is the Truth.
This is just the latest chapter in the chronicles of captain Zimmermurderer. I keep telling you people that we haven't heard the last from that thug and criminal.
The jury's verdict did not free that fool. It only emboldened him to believe that he can continue to be above the law. And he may well be right, BUT...
He shall NEVER be above the laws of God. Truth and Justice are The Lord's domain, not man's. captain Zimmermurderer may prance around, run free, threaten wifey and her family....BUT...
The gates of hell are wide open to him and he should run, not walk, through them. The wrath of God is greater than anything hell has to offer.
Hell doesn't have courts to sue others in; hell doesn't have security to hide behind; hell doesn't have "pro bono" lawyers to help subvert the law; hell doesn't have sham defense funds.
But it is better for captain Zimmermurderer to get comfortable in the confines of hell than to continue to flirt with the wrath of God. The latest exploits of the captain is yet another flirt with his destiny.
His destiny doesn't look too good.
Always invoking God and the Lord in your silly posts. Poor bastard!
No charges were filed against George. Nor will they be. The ex is a hoggly woggly drama queen seeking attention. Shes fit to be dropped off in the nearest Section 8 housing complex. George continues to do public service work by protecting the public from her ugly lard ass!
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Fair enough.
RELEASED! All you bloodthirsty racist demons gfy! Hahaha.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••