Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,084

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74093 Sep 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
After Zimmerman trial, senator proposing more diverse jury pools
Last Updated: Thursday, September 05, 2013, 9:12 PM
TALLAHASSEE --
From the shooting, to the investigation, and even the members of the jury, the topic of race permeated the George Zimmerman trial.
It was an almost all-white jury that acquitted him, which has since raised even more questions about race.
Now, there's a proposal to require juries to be more diverse.
It’s something residents like Joe Foster support.
“Any serious matter such as this, you have to have the right representation, or it wouldn't be a trial. It would be a hung jury. It would be a witch hunt,” said Foster.
Democratic State Senator Gwen Margolis is behind a proposal that would require a jury to look like the demographics of the county where trial is held.
In Seminole County, where Zimmerman’s trial took place, that would have meant more men and potentially more minorities.
Lawmakers now find themselves at the sensitive intersection of race and justice after the controversial trial.
While demographically reflective juries may sound like a good idea, critics argue they'd be anything but fair.
Some lawyers say picking jurors on the basis of race and sex could shrink the pool of truly impartial jurors.
Democratic Representative Alan Williams says justice can only be done when that pool is as diverse as the public at large.
“This is just another step to make sure that the judicial process is as fair as it can possibly be for all involved, both the victims and sometimes the folks who are accused of committing the crime,” said Williams.
Deciding what's fair is a matter of debate, which lawmakers are about to have.
You overlook a simple fact.
Trayvon Martin had legal resprsentation, as does any plaintiff or defendant.
The jurors were screened by both councils of both sides and the jury was agreed upon.
That is what jury selection is all about. Both sides get to question potential jurors to be as sure as possible that the jury will be impartial.
Any type Affirmative Action introduction to our jury system taints the pool and destroys it's impartiality.
There were blacks and hispanics and probably Cubans in the jury pool. They were rejected for one reason or another. Maybe you could check into that and find out.
It is a person's ability to be impartial, not their ancestry or color, that reigns supreme in jury selection and rightfully so.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74094 Sep 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you've not read about him nor seen his pictures. He was white.
Not so. The only thing that is obvious on this post page, is that I said he was olive. Why I said it escapes you apparently. That's OK.

Again, what does the color of that particular person's skin have to do with how many blacks are shooting other blacks in our inner cities?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74095 Sep 6, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Just in from Chicongo. I guess as more and more Afrikan bucks put each other in the morgue its coming to this now. Hahaha. This ol gal has that jutting chin and ghetto swag eh? Bet the coonboon that was forced to shag her was a real winner hahaha. These mfs are getting too funny hahahaha.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/09/05/woman-...
Of course the burning question on this board will now be "what color was the attacked and raped man"? The article conveniently left that out.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74097 Sep 6, 2013
Jit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is going to be able to solve those problems. There are way to many people who just don't care, just like the ones who post their hatred on this thread.
The black community is gonna be stuck on stupid for the next hundred years.
Barefoot knows it, because he knows himself better than anyone.
As you can see, anybody who tries to make a difference or tries to have a respectful and intelligent conversation with these pr!cks will be branded as a racist.
Best just avoid the situation entirely and leave them to their own devices.
This is no longer about Civil Rights!
This is about Getting Even!
Misery loves company, and they won't hesitate to drag you down and ruin your life in a heartbeat,... if you let em.
Sadly, you are correct.
Later.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#74106 Sep 6, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the burning question on this board will now be "what color was the attacked and raped man"? The article conveniently left that out.
What was the color of the Sandy Hook killer, Answerpuss?

Clue: same color as the Cleveland rapist who just hung himself. Look in the mirror.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#74109 Sep 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>My compliments.
ty

They are indicted by their very own words and hearts.

How man can be so hateful of a people because of the color of their skin is beyond my capacity to understand. But Evil can be so clever, so insidious, that it can charm compassion and caring out of the souls and hearts of men.

We see that on a daily, yea hourly, basis just upon this thread.

The days of the Racists, Fools and Idiots are coming to an end....A most welcoming end.

But in the meantime, it is my pleasure, my duty, my obligation, my privilege to call each of them out, to ridicule them, to shame them, to put a belt-whupping to their illogical and immoral minds.
It is my hope that you continue to expose them.

Thank you
Our Sister of Mercy

Tulsa, OK

#74114 Sep 6, 2013
He's in a better place.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#74115 Sep 6, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
You overlook a simple fact.
Trayvon Martin had legal resprsentation, as does any plaintiff or defendant.
The jurors were screened by both councils of both sides and the jury was agreed upon.
That is what jury selection is all about. Both sides get to question potential jurors to be as sure as possible that the jury will be impartial.
Any type Affirmative Action introduction to our jury system taints the pool and destroys it's impartiality.
There were blacks and hispanics and probably Cubans in the jury pool. They were rejected for one reason or another. Maybe you could check into that and find out.
It is a person's ability to be impartial, not their ancestry or color, that reigns supreme in jury selection and rightfully so.
I didn't overlook anything, I posted an article.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#74116 Sep 6, 2013
BTW, you're wrong. Trayvon did not have legal representation. He didn't need any, he was not charged with anything and he was dead.

The state represents the people.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#74117 Sep 6, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seen to realize that you are part of the problem. So, stew in your juice. You are so full of hate that you cannot see the opportunities that are available to everyone, including you. Your bigotry is branding you. Posting to sad and troubled people like you does little good.
Repent...So long.
I'm gonna do something that Grandma might punish me for, but it's well worth it...

SHUT THE HELL UP GRANDPA!

You're nothing but a wolf in sheeps's clothing. You come here in the colors of neutrality but you promptly join forces with the Legion of Fools and Racists.

You cannot go two posts without demeaning, blaming or hating Blacks. You are a pitiful sight. Is that why Grandma left you?

She shoulda never married your racist butt.

And if you don't like me calling you a racist, ask me if I care.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74123 Sep 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the color of the Sandy Hook killer, Answerpuss?
Clue: same color as the Cleveland rapist who just hung himself. Look in the mirror.
Asked and answered ... several times.

Again; What is your point? How does these two cases relate to the FBIs stats that say over 80% of all gun deaths in the US are blacks shooting blacks?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74124 Sep 7, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't overlook anything, I posted an article.
Yes you did. You also support what it was saying. That was your purpose for posting it. That means it is the same as you saying it, because you promoted it.

You and the article overlook reality.
Facts in evidence and the letter of the law are the only things that a jury need follow in order to bring justice in any trial. The appeals courts can take any cases from there if there is an issue worthy of revisiting from any one trial.
It is foolish for you to say that there is no justice unless a black or two is on every jury. It is the grey matter within the colored skin, no matter what color the skin, which is the only thing that need be impartial and dealt with in a court of law. Justice is color blind and for good reason ... justice.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74125 Sep 7, 2013
zazz wrote:
BTW, you're wrong. Trayvon did not have legal representation. He didn't need any, he was not charged with anything and he was dead.
The state represents the people.
Yes, on behalf of Trayvon Martin. Just what would be the state's purpose in that trial without the interests of Trayvon Martin and his family being in play? None.

Just so you know, there are always two, and sometimes more "sides" in any trial. The plaintiff is the party bringing charges and/or accusations against the defendant(s). The plaintiff (the state on behalf of Trayvon Martin) attempted to prove that Zimmerman killed Martin in an illegal manner.

Also, you are incorrect, Trayvon Martin had additional lawyers in play in that trial and they were hired by Trayvon's parents and other blacks who thought they had an interest in the case. Those issues brought up by those outside lawyers were a part of the state's case, and their arguments were dismantled by the defense.
Trayvon MArtin did in fact have legal representation in that trial.
Try again.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#74126 Sep 7, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Asked and answered ... several times.
Again; What is your point? How does these two cases relate to the FBIs stats that say over 80% of all gun deaths in the US are blacks shooting blacks?
Barefootin' It, has a difficult time with common sense statistics??
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74127 Sep 7, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna do something that Grandma might punish me for, but it's well worth it...
SHUT THE HELL UP GRANDPA!
You're nothing but a wolf in sheeps's clothing. You come here in the colors of neutrality but you promptly join forces with the Legion of Fools and Racists.
You cannot go two posts without demeaning, blaming or hating Blacks. You are a pitiful sight. Is that why Grandma left you?
She shoulda never married your racist butt.
And if you don't like me calling you a racist, ask me if I care.
Simply pointing out the factual numbers concerning any group that have been proven to be accurate, is certainly not a case of racism. Numbers and statistics, in and of themselves can never be racist.
Grandpa is asking you and everyone here just when >you< are going to engage and embrace the fact that the drug/gang culture within our black communities are killing our black youth to the rate of over 80% of ALL gun deaths in the US, ARE in fact, being committed by one black person shooting another black person.

That is a fact. It is undisputable, and we are wondering why you insist on ignoring that blaring fact which stares you in the face.

Your people ARE shooting each other over 3 times as often as any and all other groups combined.
When are you going to try to start to offer solutions to turn that deplorable circumstance around, and stop calling people who are trying to find solutions to that problem, unkind misplaced names?
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#74134 Sep 7, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you don't mind other people being "hostile" as long as they are batshit racists like you.
Do you consider these posts to not be hostile?
You didn't take exception to any of these posts:
Jit wrote: Hey Larr!...How the hell are ya?
Been shaggin' all those fine coyotes up thar?
Jealous of what?...a barking dog?
I myself would prefer a nasty mangy mut over your stinking hide any day.
I'd much rather have me a Chupacabra!
I bet you is so ugly the fleas won't even bite!
Oh they're nausiated alright!
ROFLMFAO!
Patriot wrote: NOYFB! GFYx2!
Patriot wrote: More like a rabid circle jerk of feral savages hahaha!
Patriot wrote:
Same o same used to quiet the masses. The words racism, hate, evil etc etc.(a dozen times in one short rant, maybe a record? hahaha) Nice try dipshit. No results here. Still hating the liberal media informed asshole sheeple like yourself day in day out. And the spirit is growing to shove you worthless POS off for good. Hahaha.
More power to WHITE people who built this Nation!
Jit wrote: I didn't know you was a lesbian.
Because the only thing that could ever possibly suck in something of your immense size would be another black hole!
Got a little lesbo activity goin' on there, eh?
...some fat lesbo activity I should say.
Real fat!
Flabulous!

Hostility based on race from any one is bad. I don't care if it comes from a man with a black or white skin. Hostility eats at the brain and heart and it can destroy a man. We all, including you and me should check the mirror occasionally.
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#74135 Sep 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
We can wait for you bigots to die.
Anxiously.
And marginalize you and your kind whenever we can: to forums like Topix that still allow your posts.
And we can hope you haven't passed off your hate onto others.
You post that Ole Grandpa is spouting hate. I advocate the opposite and you cannot figure that out.

Think, man think!

How can we advance this country and it's people unless we work together? Silly name calling can't get it done.

My assumption is that you are not a product of a poor inner-city school. Am I wrong?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#74137 Sep 7, 2013
The Mysteries of The Richard Conner Proffer Hearing Discussed ...
Posted on September 4, 2013 by sundance

I said a few months ago we would return to the issue(s) surrounding the Trayvon Martin phone mysteries.

During the George Zimmerman trial, there was a “proffer hearing” for evidentiary issues about the content of Trayvon Martin’s telephone. Most, if not all, of the substantive issues were never discussed by the media. Instead they clouded their reporting by focusing on Judge Debra Nelson walking out of the courtroom at 10:30pm; but the substance of the Richard Conner testimony did not evaporate with her running away from it.

In addition to discovering that Trayvon Martin’s father, Tracy, was texting him about guns and ownership, there were issues about the deleted phone content itself. These deletions were never addressed, and the issues behind them could shake the foundation of the prosecution.

If the state of Florida retained custody of that phone – then someone from FDLE, or in association with the chain of evidence, deleted the data.

THAT DELETED data was the data missing in the State’s discovery to the defense until June 4th.

And even after that time, the essential summary of data, which was included in a written report, was devoid of mention to this specific data file of deleted evidence.

Definitely MORE here:
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/09/0...

For all you traybots to:
L~E~A~R~N Something :)
rosie

Brooksville, FL

#74140 Sep 7, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#74141 Sep 7, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Barefootin' It, has a difficult time with common sense statistics??
Afterbirth has problems with actual facts.

And keeping track of his aliases.

Wipe your chins, dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massena teen told he has hole to dig out of to ... 1 hr Still on my High ... 5
Arroyo to appeal after sentence reduction denied 1 hr idahotriple E 1
Councilman Kenney calls for federal hate-crime ... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 3
Susan Frederick-Gray v. Joe Arpaio 4 hr Earl 7
Wallin-Reed guilty of first-degree murder - Ful... (Oct '13) 4 hr 3redmoons 73
St. Louis grand jury has four months to decide ... 5 hr Interesting 3
What life is like for Casey Anthony 6 hr Lon Spector 239
•••

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE