Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Truth

Rome, GA

#65808 Jul 9, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Not so. Even without any racist taint, Zimmerman makes it fairly clear that he has had enough, and this time this person won't get away with it. If it wasn't racial profiling, it was hoodie profiling.
LOL. So it had nothing to do with Martin matching the description of burglars in the neighborhood or his suspicious behavior or his racist remark about Zimmerman being a cracker. I think I will go with the evidence instead if your dreams.
Truth

Rome, GA

#65809 Jul 9, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly did not hear what I wanted to hear. In fact, it was the last thing I wanted to hear. I just wish the "coon" recording could be heard by the jury.
There is not one to hear. LOL.
Truth

Rome, GA

#65810 Jul 9, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You probably knew, as well as me...there would'nt be any....all the bullsh*t claims, are all collapsing....like a house of cards....
It's amazing.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#65822 Jul 9, 2013
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text> your street stupid
Zimmerman told the police dispatcher Martin was fleeing. Legally, that means Martin's first act was to try to avoid a confrontation.

By pursuing Martin, Zimmerman was presuming Martin's attempt to flee was proof of guilt. I regard it as proof of Martin's youth.

By pursuing Martin in a vehicle, Zimmerman crossed a legal line that allows prosecutors to charge him with assault with a deadly weapon (the vehicle). Zimmerman just kept escalating it from there.

He was able to get away with it that evening because Martin was merely a teenager.

Against an adult, Zimmerman would likely have gotten himself killed.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#65823 Jul 9, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
God, this one redefines the term stupid. Please quote the Florida law or any other law where a person, who might be involved in Neighborhood Watch, has given up his rights under the second amendment and his legal Conceal Carry Permit. You are so stupid that you do not know the difference in what the police department might request and a law. I now await the code numbers for these laws that do not allow a member of neighborhood watch to carry a legal weapon.
If you have merely a Class "C" security officer license and are on patrol carrying a firearm even if you have a concealed weapons permit your license will be revoked and you will go to jail. It is the law and you have committed a felony.

The concealed weapons permit doesn't permit a person on patrol as a volunteer neighborhood watch patrol to be carrying a firearm.

Neighborhood watch patrols have even less authority than a licensed security officer in Florida as in most jurisdictions.

But then I'm a former licensed security officer, a former licensed private detective, a former navy law enforcement officer, former navy firefighter, and I have a degree in political science.

What are your credentials, expert?
Patriot

Villahermosa, Mexico

#65824 Jul 9, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it's legal to follow someone under certain circumstances, but carrying a loaded firearm while you're doing so, suggests a deeper purpose.
Im tired of son of a bitches like you insinuating that a law abiding citizen is guilty of ANYTHING that happened to him or around him if hes carrying a weapon. Do you think people buy and practice with a handgun and get a Concealed Carry Permit to carry the handgun around inside their house only or what? The man was carrying his weapon to protect himself and it worked out in perfect sequence to use it for just that. Ive seen an interview with Sean Hannity and Zimmerman was asked if he could do it again what would he do differently and he said nothing. The trial proves hes been telling the truth and continues to do so. Theres no evil cloak and dagger story as to why he was carrying his handgun and theres no doubt that every law abiding citizen should do the same. If not don't cry on my shoulder when you need it.
Send your broken heart pity contribution to Subrina and Tricksti. And shutup with the liberal PC bullshit. Its falling on deaf ears!
Cat74

United States

#65825 Jul 9, 2013
Trayvon really didn't need to be there. His Daddy lived with a woman there, and Trayvons , momma couldn't handle his so she sent him to daddy. It was the girl fiends place, neither Trayvon, or Daddy should have been there.
Patriot

Villahermosa, Mexico

#65826 Jul 9, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman told the police dispatcher Martin was fleeing. Legally, that means Martin's first act was to try to avoid a confrontation.
By pursuing Martin, Zimmerman was presuming Martin's attempt to flee was proof of guilt. I regard it as proof of Martin's youth.
By pursuing Martin in a vehicle, Zimmerman crossed a legal line that allows prosecutors to charge him with assault with a deadly weapon (the vehicle). Zimmerman just kept escalating it from there.
He was able to get away with it that evening because Martin was merely a teenager.
You are one stupid idit. Join the apes at the chimpout sucker. You couldn't sell that bunch of shit with free donuts and coffee hahaha. GFY!
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#65827 Jul 9, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
God, this one redefines the term stupid. Please quote the Florida law or any other law where a person, who might be involved in Neighborhood Watch, has given up his rights under the second amendment and his legal Conceal Carry Permit. You are so stupid that you do not know the difference in what the police department might request and a law. I now await the code numbers for these laws that do not allow a member of neighborhood watch to carry a legal weapon.
If you are carrying a weapon while on patrol as neighborhood watch volunteer you may be arrested for impersonating a Class "D" licensed security officer.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#65828 Jul 9, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Bizaare. His truck as a deadly weapon???? And the fact that the prosecution raised none of these issues, demonstrates what?
Patriot

Villahermosa, Mexico

#65830 Jul 9, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have merely a Class "C" security officer license and are on patrol carrying a firearm even if you have a concealed weapons permit your license will be revoked and you will go to jail. It is the law and you have committed a felony.
The concealed weapons permit doesn't permit a person on patrol as a volunteer neighborhood watch patrol to be carrying a firearm.
Neighborhood watch patrols have even less authority than a licensed security officer in Florida as in most jurisdictions.
But then I'm a former licensed security officer, a former licensed private detective, a former navy law enforcement officer, former navy firefighter, and I have a degree in political science.
What are your credentials, expert?
Nobody needs any damn permit or special job to defend himself. All your nutty west coast technicalities can be dropped off at the next trash can. Youre so out of touch with reality theres no points to actually discuss. GFYx2
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#65831 Jul 9, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
Well, well, well, finally the details of this idiot called Trayvon are coming to light. Allow me to understand what has been discovered about him. He is a dope smoking, suspended from school, jewelry carrying thief who just happened to have a burglary tool in his book bag. He, also, keeps company with some real smart people. Daddy, Tracy, one would wonder about his past record, does not know his own son's voice until, there might be some money in a post trial civil action.
His girlfriend who makes Teddy Kennedy look slim and makes a slug look smart.
Now, fast forward to George Zimmerman who has a deputy sheriff, and a TSA officer in court on his side. Oh, I might add, we have a list of prosecution experts who was actually more helpful to the defense than to the prosecution.
All of the trayvon supporters can dress up this thug in any way they wish, however, the facts are the facts. This young thug was destined to become a statistic because of life style, it was just the bad luck of George Zimmerman that trayvon chose George's neighborhood to be the place that he met his destiny.
There is a reason security officers, police and other first responders don't want hotheads like Zimmerman involved with the neighborhood watch; we don't want to get shot by the idiots.

Get it?
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#65832 Jul 9, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Bizaare. His truck as a deadly weapon???? And the fact that the prosecution raised none of these issues, demonstrates what?
Poor preparation, poor reasoning skills, and poor understanding of the law.

Perhaps even a willingness to watch Zimmerman walk.

The reason they didn't want to use the vehicle as an assault is because it would open too big a door against police misconduct, but the Florida law enforcement community opened that door a long time ago.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#65833 Jul 9, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody needs any damn permit or special job to defend himself. All your nutty west coast technicalities can be dropped off at the next trash can. Youre so out of touch with reality theres no points to actually discuss. GFYx2
I have a degree in political science from a Florida university and I was a licensed security officer in Florida as well as a licensed private investigator in Florida.

Florida laws are stricter than many states and you do need a higher license and higher level of training to carry a firearm while on patrol in Florida.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#65834 Jul 9, 2013
Oh Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a Liberal Pig with their head up their azz.
You haven't been here long have you? The liberals don't like me very much.

If I had been the prosecutor, I would have pursued first degree murder charges and the death penalty to force him to the bargaining table.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#65835 Jul 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He was 180 at best and 5 foot 7. How tall and athletic was the thug again?
You alleged hat Martin was heavier than Zimmerman. The facts say otherwise. Try admitting the truth, "Truth".
Now we're going to athleticism, are we? What do you know about Martin's athleticism? Given your weight mistake, I would guess very little.
Patriot

Villahermosa, Mexico

#65836 Jul 9, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a reason security officers, police and other first responders don't want hotheads like Zimmerman involved with the neighborhood watch; we don't want to get shot by the idiots.
Get it?
Yore as far off base as TrayBgone hahaha. GFYx3

Location hidden

#65837 Jul 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong once again. If he already had the gun out he wouldn't have received any injuries. He could have simply shot him and walked away. Just because someone armed is following another doesn't mean they are planning on shooting them. Once again you proved nothing.
You are funny.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#65838 Jul 9, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody needs any damn permit or special job to defend himself. All your nutty west coast technicalities can be dropped off at the next trash can. Youre so out of touch with reality theres no points to actually discuss. GFYx2
My preference is that Zimmerman would have kept a safe distance.

He's the one who may the decision not to.

Location hidden

#65839 Jul 9, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, not, I carry conceal every day and it certain times I am in less than favorable neighborhoods and yes I have confronted people with my friend Bill Ruger and his nine children.
I'm not surprised.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) 1 hr Spotted Wee 64,798
News Sessions greenlights police to seize cash, prop... 10 hr Denizen_Kate 20
News Man wanted for attempted murder in Galva 11 hr Mikee45 7
News Hawaii soldier pleads not guilty to support for... 11 hr American_Infidel 1
News News 10 Mins Ago Burr-Hamilton? Angry lawmaker ... 11 hr Observations 1
News Trump tweets frustration with Republicans 12 hr bottlecap 2
News If there's a war between California and Kentuck... 12 hr Calhoun-Cadiz 139
More from around the web