Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Angry UN-Hyphenated Guy

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#63737 Jul 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Citizens arrest? What was Zimmermen attempting to arrest Martin for? Sorry again Sherlock. Hollow points are designed to create maximun damage to its intended victem. Zimmermen says that is how some air martial he knows carries his weapon. I guess someone forgot to tell Zimmermen that he is not an air martial. The requirements of an air martial who may need to use his gun at a seconds notice against a terrorist in a pressurized cabin at 40,000 ft are a little different than that of a neighborhood watch captain on his way to Target. It shows a predisposition on Zimmermens part to use deadly force.
The air leaks caused from a few stray 9mm or even 10mm piercing the jet's skin causes no more pressure leak out then is nominal for a large jet. They leak a lot as is, comrade.
Inspector Beaver

Montréal, Canada

#63739 Jul 1, 2013
Woof wrote:
<quoted text>
How much for a hung verdict??
It was even, but now it's 2 - 1.

Smart money is saying not guilty.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#63740 Jul 1, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only things obvious about this case is that Martin made no attempt to run to the house he was staying at, and Martin made no attempt to call police. That's what's obvious.
Just because the rain stops doesn't mean those dark clouds disappear. It was still dark that night.
He didn't run away fast enough??? That is Zimm's defence??? How many times is he expected to run away.
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#63741 Jul 1, 2013
The Trayvon Martin Shooting was justified!!!!

One Less street thug on the street

Deltona Fla

#63742 Jul 1, 2013
Angered American wrote:
The Trayvon Martin Shooting was justified!!!!
One Less street thug on the street
Somebody should put a hollow point in you so there will be one less racist retard treatening the lives and safety of the community.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#63743 Jul 1, 2013
Hmmm, the kid was booted from school more than once, had run-ins with the law more than once, got booted from his mother's house, is known to have been a pot smoker! Yep, a perfectly innocent child! NOT

Deltona Fla

#63744 Jul 1, 2013
Angry UN-Hyphenated Guy wrote:
<quoted text>The air leaks caused from a few stray 9mm or even 10mm piercing the jet's skin causes no more pressure leak out then is nominal for a large jet. They leak a lot as is, comrade.
Zimmermen was not on a plane facing a terrorist at 40,000 feet. He was on his way to Target. Maybe in your world it is necessary to keep a hollow point chambered to go to Target but the rest of us live in a slightly more civilized world where that is not necessary.

Deltona Fla

#63748 Jul 1, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
Hmmm, the kid was booted from school more than once, had run-ins with the law more than once, got booted from his mother's house, is known to have been a pot smoker! Yep, a perfectly innocent child! NOT
Zimmermen assaulting his girl friend, Zimmermen assaulting a police office, Zimmermen being fired from a security company because of his belligerent agressive style of patrolling, Zimmermen getting complaint from residents of the HOA because of his confronting them. Zimmermen habitually calling police to report suspicious persons. Zimmermen never should have been give a gun license
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63749 Jul 1, 2013
Swampy is a 5%er that still wants to twist things to stay in good with the jigs hahaha. Its amazing how some low class trashy whites will sink to any depth to be an apologist/appeaser. Simply disgusting!

Deltona Fla

#63751 Jul 1, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How about he didn't run away at all? After Zimmerman lost sight of Martin, Martin was only a hundred feet or less from where the split off when he attacked Zimmerman. It was a couple of minutes between the time Zim hung up the phone with police and eventually met with Martin.
Looking at the map, Martin could have ran backwards to that house or even crawled and still made it there before he ran into Zimmerman. But instead of doing that, he decided to hide behind those houses. So the question the jury has to ask themselves is why?
If some pervert was following you would you lead him to your house where there was a 12 year old home alone? The other night I was coming home. I was on one of my neighborhood streets with a friend who lives a couple houses up in front of me. I got on his tail and started weaving back and forth. He did not realize it was me and drove right past his house. He stopped when I turned into my driveway and he realized it was me. His first instinct when he thought there a stranger jerking around behind him was to lead me away from where he lived.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63753 Jul 1, 2013
JUNGLE BUNNY SMACKER wrote:
I am mad as hell to that george did not knockoff all the kneegrows that lived in that area.
They would've ganged him and beat him to death had he not been armed. Something about a handgun is that it deters kneegrows hahaha. Sorta like Raid and mosquitos hahaha.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63755 Jul 1, 2013
Had Zimmerman simply brandished his weapon when Martin approached he would've ran like any normal punk. But M thought he had found a victim. Wrong. He found a man that DEFENDED himself. I heard some silly news commentators talking about if Zimmermans wounds warranted killing the thug. What a ridiculous way to look at the facts. What was Zimmerman supposed to wait on unconsciousness to fire that beautifully placed shot? Key here is "possibility of grave bodily harm or death" is in the mind of the beholder and I find that very hard to contradict. Oh maybe the prosecution will come up with another "star" witness that says they heard Zimmerman say. Im going to shoot you for fun because the blows aren't bothering me at all. Bam! Hahaha. Witness # a799 B please take the stand hahaha. The defense should rest their case now and not even waste time calling witnesses! Party time is now!
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#63756 Jul 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody should put a hollow point in you so there will be one less racist retard treatening the lives and safety of the community.
Oh gee I didnt realize that you were just another radical racist want something for nothing entitlement seeking Obama person.

Now step off man!!!

Deltona Fla

#63757 Jul 1, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Had Zimmerman simply brandished his weapon when Martin approached he would've ran like any normal punk. But M thought he had found a victim. Wrong. He found a man that DEFENDED himself. I heard some silly news commentators talking about if Zimmermans wounds warranted killing the thug. What a ridiculous way to look at the facts. What was Zimmerman supposed to wait on unconsciousness to fire that beautifully placed shot? Key here is "possibility of grave bodily harm or death" is in the mind of the beholder and I find that very hard to contradict. Oh maybe the prosecution will come up with another "star" witness that says they heard Zimmerman say. Im going to shoot you for fun because the blows aren't bothering me at all. Bam! Hahaha. Witness # a799 B please take the stand hahaha. The defense should rest their case now and not even waste time calling witnesses! Party time is now!
The threat has tp be real. not just a lame excuse to finally use your gun.
Truth

Rome, GA

#63758 Jul 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>They haven't.

Repeating the lie one thousand times doesn't make it true.

I see you are trying out the next thousand times.
Still stuck on stupid after the testimony again. Same as they said before. They can't prove Zimmerman started the fight. LOL. Facts are fun. More reliable than the BS you make up.
Inspector Beaver 2

Houston, TX

#63759 Jul 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>If some pervert was following you would you lead him to your house where there was a 12 year old home alone? The other night I was coming home. I was on one of my neighborhood streets with a friend who lives a couple houses up in front of me. I got on his tail and started weaving back and forth. He did not realize it was me and drove right past his house. He stopped when I turned into my driveway and he realized it was me. His first instinct when he thought there a stranger jerking around behind him was to lead me away from where he lived.
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/fiftyf...
slick

United States

#63760 Jul 1, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How about he didn't run away at all? After Zimmerman lost sight of Martin, Martin was only a hundred feet or less from where the split off when he attacked Zimmerman. It was a couple of minutes between the time Zim hung up the phone with police and eventually met with Martin.
Looking at the map, Martin could have ran backwards to that house or even crawled and still made it there before he ran into Zimmerman. But instead of doing that, he decided to hide behind those houses. So the question the jury has to ask themselves is why?
EXACTLY!!!! and im sure the jury is asking themself the same question.
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#63761 Jul 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Still stuck on stupid after the testimony again. Same as they said before. They can't prove Zimmerman started the fight. LOL. Facts are fun. More reliable than the BS you make up.
Great Post
slick

United States

#63762 Jul 1, 2013
did anyone see on the news tonight that _igger pulled the child out of the cart at walmart and held a knife to her throat...the walmart guy tried to talk him down. but when he couldnt.sooo he walked up to him and blew his ass into tomorrow...lol that guy deserves a medal._iggers take note...this could be you.

Deltona Fla

#63763 Jul 1, 2013
Angered American wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gee I didnt realize that you were just another radical racist want something for nothing entitlement seeking Obama person.
Now step off man!!!
See, with you it is about politics. So you spin attack and smear as if your trying to defeat a candadate for office and anything goes. You never present facts. You simple try to insult. You are very good at that. Especially insulting the intelligence of anyone with an IQ greater than a carrots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sessions targets more sanctuary cities 5 hr Suezanne 17
News Montana Rep. Greg Gianforte misled investigator... 10 hr roymoorescrotchle... 2
News Republicans begin pushing tax cut bill through ... 13 hr Retribution 92
News Former deputy charged in domestic incident - 7:... (Nov '16) 16 hr 8675309what 11
News Former Mobile sex crimes prosecutor arrested on... (Aug '10) 17 hr Voter 11
News Paxton's acceptance of shootings is unacceptable 20 hr youll shoot your ... 1
News Federal probe ongoing into Tupelo police paymen... 20 hr Censured 49
More from around the web