Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#61901 Jun 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Over here, we've had murders over a pair of shoes, a cell phone, and even a five dollar bill. I often wonder if this culture looks favorably on violence and the motive second. In my suburb of Cleveland which is now very diverse, they had to cancel July Forth fireworks that everybody enjoyed because you can't get a large group of blacks together without it turning into a riot. Year after year, fights and riots broke out, so they had to put an end to it.
houston water park had to be closed for the same reason, they don t like to admit it publically as politicall correctness has subordinated free speech, but all those collective incidents involving blacks was certainly damaging attendance with paying decent customers, no one wants a family outing with the exposure to thier violence assaults and accosting sexual overtures
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#61902 Jun 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be sure: the rich are never going to pay their fair of taxes, look at the draft dodger Romney who pays less than 14 percent.
At least the consumer can make a decision where he/she is ging to shop, and if the business tries to make the customer pick up the tab for it share of supporting this country, the customer can at least shop next door.
any tax on the wealthy or corporation will always be passed to the working people. other than the elimination of inheritence as the only means of taxation the problem will remain perpetually, talking of taxing the rich otherwise is idiotic, all tax is intended to separate workng persons from their labor, eliminate sociall programs and the burden can be cut more than 75%
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#61903 Jun 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who the biggest moron is. Al himself or those that contribute to him and believe what he says.
the morons that donate to him, as he is nothing without those stupids
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#61905 Jun 22, 2013
zazz wrote:
The screaming didn't take place while they were on the ground. Trayvon was begging for his life, for someone to help him while Zimmerman was holding him at gunpoint. Taking careful aim. Then Zimmerman shot and murdered Trayvon. He was in no danger. He's just a gangsta thug. A short man with a short penis who had a Napoleon complex, or as the detective said "a little man complex".
Which number eyewitness are you or are you trying to be a writer of fiction novels?
Slappy

Chicago, IL

#61906 Jun 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you let it go, the entire thing turns to hell. If somebody does something about it, it's racist.
A couple of years ago in Akron, Ohio, a mall was having problems with black kids. So they instituted a new policy where no kids are allowed in the mall without a parent. The blacks went crazy calling the mall owners racist pigs. The mall didn't forbid black kids, the forbade all kids, but we all know what the race of those kids were who caused trouble.
Not long after that, a nearby suburb called Cleveland Heights was having the same problem with black kids. The Mayor had a curfew law passed for 6:00 pm. He later had to change the law because of all the racial accusations and pressure.
My Councilman is a friend of mine. I allow him to hang all kinds of signs on my porch and lawn when he runs for reelection. I addressed him of the problem of filthy blacks who constantly litter my lawn with garbage. I asked him to see what he could do about increasing our littering fine from $50.00 to $500.00, and have the police strictly enforce the new law. He wouldn't do it. So then I suggested that we have an ordinance about local gas stations and stores selling food products to minors without being accompanied by parents. That's where most of the litter comes from. They walk to the store or gas station, buy Skittles and all kinds of stuff, and when they finish the items, they throw the garbage on our lawns. He wouldn't do that either.
He like so many other politicians fear racial accusations even though it is the blacks that are the problem.
Sounds like it's time for you to move!!!...I also get trash dumped on my lawn,...but it is almost exclusively from white kids....It doesn't bother me,...its just candy wrappers and the occasional empty water bottle or soda can.

Move away from those primates before you lose all conception of peace.....it ain't worth it,...let em have the place,...sounds like the area is already fcuked anyway!...once blacks get a foothold,...it's all over,...it's just a matter of time before the place goes to hell and then you find out your property isn't even worth what you payed for it,...many many years ago,...regardless of the recession.

I can't express to you how great it is,...how peaceful it is,...no longer having to work or live around blacks anymore.

Ahhhhhhhhh.........
American Lady

Danville, KY

#61907 Jun 22, 2013
NAACP To Hold Town Hall Monday At Francis Oliver/Natalie Jackson Allen Chapel AME Church ...

The town hall will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Allen Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 1203 Olive Ave., Sanford. Continue reading

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/
leggy

Arvada, CO

#61909 Jun 22, 2013
azzlikk wrote:
<quoted text>
You are part of the 2% of the lowest IQ ever tested.
You M/F, C/S, murdering SOB. WTF would you know about reality? Nothing.
Zazz, the world's biggest azzhole.
leggy

Arvada, CO

#61910 Jun 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Id like to manage George Z fater this is over. Be time to make all this shit worth his time! The fartin Martins have already got more than theyre worth. Time for Whitey to get the real dessert. As Rev Al and Bro Jesse would say. It all be bout about da dollah bro!
The scumbag, self loathing honkies and secular jews at NBC will pay dearly for their crimes.
leggy

Arvada, CO

#61911 Jun 22, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Stumpy Buffoon, who do you think you're kidding? You live in the ghetto.
Actually i did work in the ghetto this morning, were you the morbidly obese bald guy passed out on a park bench I saw? lmao
leggy

Arvada, CO

#61912 Jun 22, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hot damn, they went... all the way.
as stupid as you are fat
as fat as you are greasy
as greasy as you are ignorant
as ignorant as you are sweaty

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#61913 Jun 22, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text> any tax on the wealthy or corporation will always be passed to the working people. other than the elimination of inheritence as the only means of taxation the problem will remain perpetually, talking of taxing the rich otherwise is idiotic, all tax is intended to separate workng persons from their labor, eliminate sociall programs and the burden can be cut more than 75%
They are called recessive taxes. There are many to count. The most popular one is the cigarette taxes compared to cigars.
Angry UN-Hyphenated Guy

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#61914 Jun 22, 2013
Too bad the voice recording did not have the typical words used by hyphenated-folk to tell who was who: like N-word, Honkie, Mofo, B-itch,killa,f-this and f-that. If it did have ant of those instead of just help, we would all know it was the Hood.
Slappy

Chicago, IL

#61916 Jun 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the advice, but it's a bit more complicated than that. I own rental property and worry about what might happen to some of my tenants if I sell out. After a while you become friends with your tenants and then get involved in their lives.

One guy is in his early 50's and on SS disability. He barely makes it month to month and I charge him a moderate rate for rent. Another is a couple who works night and day. He doesn't make much money and his wife is not very healthy, but has a part-time job cleaning offices at night. Just an hour or so three nights a week. If not for her health, she would work 50 hours a week if she could. She has the spirit, just not the body.

My father is a retired construction worker now in his early 80's. He comes here a lot to fiddle with this or that. He's a great help, but would probably be disappointed if I sold out. This place gives him something to do and he enjoys it. Plus all my immediate family is within ten miles of my house. So like I said, it's not as easy as it sounds.
Sorry to hear about your dilemma, but it sounds like you are making excuses,...sounds like you have long since gotten use to the abuse,...it sort of seems like it becomes natural after a while,..sort of like the people who live in Haiti,...most suffer from excruciating pain from cavities and rotten teeth,...but they've gotten so use to it they think that it's normal and natural.

What a shame!...But life's way too short to be caught up in all this enword esword.....Do yourself a favor and find a way to get the hell out of there before you or one of your friends or family members gets hurt,...it's only a matter of time,...and it will only get more difficult the longer you hold out,...and besides,...they're gonna call you a racist no matter what.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#61917 Jun 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be sure: the rich are never going to pay their fair of taxes, look at the draft dodger Romney who pays less than 14 percent.
At least the consumer can make a decision where he/she is ging to shop, and if the business tries to make the customer pick up the tab for it share of supporting this country, the customer can at least shop next door.
At 14% it's a heck of a lot more than you pay, even if it was at 1%? Especially when you are on the minus side of the tax scale, and are a leech on the system? Pick up your food stamps yet Barefootin' It?
Slappy

Chicago, IL

#61918 Jun 22, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>At 14% it's a heck of a lot more than you pay, even if it was at 1%? Especially when you are on the minus side of the tax scale, and are a leech on the system? Pick up your food stamps yet Barefootin' It?
Barefoot wouldn't part with 14% of anything,...I bet he gets into an argument with the cashier every time he goes grocery shopping and tries to buy bottled beer and KY jelly with his EBT card....

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#61919 Jun 22, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text> any tax on the wealthy or corporation will always be passed to the working people. other than the elimination of inheritence as the only means of taxation the problem will remain perpetually, talking of taxing the rich otherwise is idiotic, all tax is intended to separate workng persons from their labor, eliminate sociall programs and the burden can be cut more than 75%
Corporate income tax is based on profit so it is not passed on to the consumer. That is why the Rat Wing fat cats want to creat a national sales tax so they CAN pass it on.
Truth

United States

#61921 Jun 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain your comment. Corporate tax is based on profit so it is not passed to the consumer? One has nothing to do with the other. All industry pays taxes on gross income after deductions. If a company or corporate tax rate goes up and they still have the same gross income, you bet they pass that on to the consumer.
Just have to overlook some people. It's funny when people think they know what they are talking about. I believe somebody drank to much of the kool aid.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#61922 Jun 22, 2013
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
More fantasy talk, by a ghetto rat Zimmerman hater.
Sorry you live in a ghetto. Does that make you a rat? I hear they are really bad, dangerous places.

Zimmerman is a murderer.
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#61924 Jun 22, 2013
Zimmerman is a hero

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#61927 Jun 22, 2013
Looks like there is some actual commonsense being applied in the Zimmerman Trial.

Judge: No Audio Testimony in Zimmerman Trial

By KYLE HIGHTOWER Associated Press

SANFORD, Fla. June 22, 2013 (AP)

The judge in the murder trial of George Zimmerman said Friday that prosecution audio experts who point to Trayvon Martin as screaming on a 911 calls moments before he was killed won't be allowed to testify at trial.

Judge Debra Nelson's written ruling was released Saturday. She had heard argument during a multiday hearing on whether to allow testimony from two prosecution experts. One expert ruled out Zimmerman as the screamer and another said it was Martin. A defense expert argued there was not enough audio to determine who the screams are coming from. Zimmerman's attorneys also argued that the state experts' analysis is flawed.

Opening statements are set for Monday in the second-degree murder trial for the former neighborhood watch volunteer who says he fired on the unarmed black teenager in self-defense last year. Zimmerman is pleading not guilty.

The screams are crucial pieces of evidence because they could determine who the aggressor was in the confrontation. Martin's family contends it was the teen screaming, while Zimmerman's father has said it was his son.

Audio experts from both sides testified at different times since the admissibility hearing started last month. Voice experts were hired by lawyers and news organizations to analyze the calls, which were made during the confrontation between the two. The experts arrived at mixed conclusions.

In deciding whether to admit the voice-recognition technology used by prosecution audio expert Tom Owen, Nelson had to determine whether it is too novel or whether it has been accepted by the scientific community at-large.

Owen was hired by the Orlando Sentinel last year to compare a voice sample of Zimmerman with screams for help captured on 911 calls made by neighbors. He said Zimmerman's voice doesn't match the screams. He only compared Zimmerman's voice to the 911 calls because he didn't have a voice sample for Martin at the time.

"The screams don't match at all," Owen testified during the hearing. "That's what tells me the screams aren't George Zimmerman."

Owen also testified that remarks Zimmerman made in a conversation with a police dispatcher aren't a racial slur. He testified Zimmerman said, "These f------ punks."

Expert Alan Reich testified in a report for prosecutors that the screams on the 911 tapes were from Martin and the defense does not want him to testify at trial.

Reich's analysis also picked up words that other experts couldn't find. They include the words, "This shall be" from Zimmerman and "I'm begging you" from Martin.

In contrast, a British audio expert testified for the defense that it would be extremely difficult to analyze voices by comparing screaming to a normal voice.

"I've never come across a case in my 13 years where anybody's tried to compare screaming to a normal voice," said audio expert Peter French.

A second audio expert for the defense, George Doddington, also criticized prosecution experts who said Friday that screams and pleas on a 911 recording likely belonged to Martin.

"It's all ridiculous," Doddington said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-audi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Higher premiums if Trump halts 'Obamaca... 34 min Covfefe 47
News Two face cocaine charges, one faces deportation 59 min Dr Pendyke 7
News Terre Haute facing third lawsuit claiming haras... 1 hr TLC 5
News US court rules Arkansas can block Planned Paren... 1 hr Red Crosse 19
News California wants to force taxpayers to subsidiz... (Jun '15) 5 hr C Kersey 41
News Catching Up with Bates Motel: The Body 6 hr Stonetemple 2
News 'Let 1994 go': Simpson case's racial symbolism ... 8 hr GODS GIFT 18
More from around the web