Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66305 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#59536 May 31, 2013
Of course at the time they didn't know his license was suspended, they claimed they were stopping him because he wasn't wearing a seat belt. The first cop who turned around to check him out didn't even chase after him. The guy took off before the cop could get turned around or put on his flashing lights. He simply reported the the car had acted evasively while he was turning around. It is when a second cop turned on his flashers several blocks away did the victim stop the car, get out and run on foot. That is when a third cop sped past the stopped cars, went 100 yards across a empty lot with a vegetable garden destroying the garden, then through a chain link fence into another lot, finally running down and killing the victim coming to a stop just a few feet from a garage. You probably think that driving like you are in a Dirty Harry movie is OK when chasing a suspected seat belt violator. That is because Rat Wingers care nothing about every day reality, and only care about pushing their brand of hate.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#59537 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I have factory tinted windows, I don't live in a "Black neighborhood", I was doing the speed limit, I was not driving erratically, nobody was speeding past me, I made no turns, no double lane changes,(it was only a two lane road), no U turns, no swerving, was not in the heart of the inner city, nobody was running up to sell crack, brake lights all worked, no cracked windshields, no squeaky brakes, no bald tires, and no loud mufflers. Low speed pursuits, hookers and pimps, and large groups of people congregated on street corners and around liquor stores is NOT the norm around here. I was not breaking the law so did have to worry about being pulled over? Why does it go on all the time around here? Why do the cops around here think it is OK to chase down and kill a person on foot with a cop car for driving on a suspended license.
I guess you missed the part where the guy had a rap sheet as long as your arm. was a felon with multiple priors
I hope the cop gets a commendation for apprehending that guy even if he had to do it with his car.
Son of Swampudd

UK

#59538 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I have factory tinted windows, I don't live in a "Black neighborhood", I was doing the speed limit, I was not driving erratically, nobody was speeding past me, I made no turns, no double lane changes,(it was only a two lane road), no U turns, no swerving, was not in the heart of the inner city, nobody was running up to sell crack, brake lights all worked, no cracked windshields, no squeaky brakes, no bald tires, and no loud mufflers. Low speed pursuits, hookers and pimps, and large groups of people congregated on street corners and around liquor stores is NOT the norm around here. I was not breaking the law so did have to worry about being pulled over? Why does it go on all the time around here? Why do the cops around here think it is OK to chase down and kill a person on foot with a cop car for driving on a suspended license.
The cops don't think it's OK to chase down and kill a traffic offender! Where the hell you get that notion from?....The cops think it's OK to kill people?....You're nuts....Typical African American response. Funny how I don't have any problem with police.....and if I was to get pulled over for no reason I wouldn't gripe about it. I'd know that the cop really did have a reason for pulling nme over but did not inform me why. My vehicle may have matched another one who the police are looking for. The nature of the offence commited by the other vehicles driver might be the reason why the officer who pulled me over decided not to tell me why he stopped me.

But I did get pulled over once because I was driving a unique vehicle and the officer just wanted to check it out. There was friendly conversation, no altercation, and no hard feelings. It was very civilized.

Stop moaning, you're beginning to sound like a little biotch.

Deltona Fla

#59539 May 31, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> I guess you missed the part where the guy had a rap sheet as long as your arm. was a felon with multiple priors
I hope the cop gets a commendation for apprehending that guy even if he had to do it with his car.
All they knew about the guy was he was suspected of driving without a seat belt on. So a cop chased him down though peoples backyards with his car and killed him. He was lucky there nobody standing in their own backyard at the time or he would have killed them also. And you try to justify that kind of behavior on the part of the police.

Deltona Fla

#59540 May 31, 2013
Son of Swampudd wrote:
<quoted text>
The cops don't think it's OK to chase down and kill a traffic offender! Where the hell you get that notion from?....The cops think it's OK to kill people?....You're nuts....Typical African American response. Funny how I don't have any problem with police.....and if I was to get pulled over for no reason I wouldn't gripe about it. I'd know that the cop really did have a reason for pulling nme over but did not inform me why. My vehicle may have matched another one who the police are looking for. The nature of the offence commited by the other vehicles driver might be the reason why the officer who pulled me over decided not to tell me why he stopped me.
But I did get pulled over once because I was driving a unique vehicle and the officer just wanted to check it out. There was friendly conversation, no altercation, and no hard feelings. It was very civilized.
Stop moaning, you're beginning to sound like a little biotch.
I get the notion that local cops think it OK to run down and kill someone over a minor traffic violation because one of them just did. You must be another idiot who can't read. The reason the cop claimed he pulled me over was I wasn't wearing my seat belt. It was on at the time he said it, it was on when he pulled me over, and it had been on all the from Tampa. As far as you being my son,, that is impossible,, I never had sex with any waterfront street walking hookers. It was his way of telling me, tough shit, he doesn't need a reason to pull me over. He was looking right at the seat belt I was wearing when he said it.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#59541 May 31, 2013
chris532009 wrote:
does your mom know you spend so much time on the internet
Does your mom know you spend your weekends working the French Quarter barroom bathrooms?

Location hidden

#59542 May 31, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> I guess you missed the part where the guy had a rap sheet as long as your arm.
The cop didn't know about any rap sheet.

The cop saw what color he was and that was apparently good enough.

Location hidden

#59543 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I get the notion that local cops think it OK to run down and kill someone over a minor traffic violation because one of them just did.
The Deland police are not supposed to even pursue someone for seat belt violation (according to their regs) and that is why the original police officer wasn't the one in pursuit.

The video camera is going to hang the imbecile who ran this man down.

I'm not holding my breath when it comes to him being charged.

I will put money on the lawsuit paying off in 7 figures.

Deltona Fla

#59544 May 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Deland police are not supposed to even pursue someone for seat belt violation (according to their regs) and that is why the original police officer wasn't the one in pursuit.
The video camera is going to hang the imbecile who ran this man down.
I'm not holding my breath when it comes to him being charged.
I will put money on the lawsuit paying off in 7 figures.
FHP has taken over the investigation. It is an obvious case of negligent homicide. Left to Deeelan they would have buried it in an endless investigation while the imbecile switched off to another Dept. The report should be out soon.

Location hidden

#59545 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
It is an obvious case of negligent homicide.
perhaps depraved indifference to human life.
Truth

United States

#59547 May 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You have to know the lawyers are spending as fast as it comes in- he isn't going to be bringing in more for the appeal.
You don't appeal when acquitted.
Son of Swampudd

UK

#59548 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I get the notion that local cops think it OK to run down and kill someone over a minor traffic violation because one of them just did. You must be another idiot who can't read. The reason the cop claimed he pulled me over was I wasn't wearing my seat belt. It was on at the time he said it, it was on when he pulled me over, and it had been on all the from Tampa. As far as you being my son,, that is impossible,, I never had sex with any waterfront street walking hookers. It was his way of telling me, tough shit, he doesn't need a reason to pull me over. He was looking right at the seat belt I was wearing when he said it.
Whatever you say there, Sambo!....Sounds to me like you got bad karma....Maybe it's the color of your skin, or maybe it's the way you drive.....I think it's the size of your brain if you ask me. That's because you've been whining like a little biotch about your seat belt violation for days now.....lol.

Keep moaning!.....I'm laughing my ass off.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59549 May 31, 2013
I am forever disappointed that my state has allowed this charade of a case to proceed....i hate the whole social engineering concept, by our supposed leaders.....
Son of Swampudd

UK

#59550 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Stupid. I was doing nothing wrong. The cop was just stopping people hoping to find something. He was trolling, not patrolling. If you are doing nothing wrong you should not have to worry about being stopped. But around here that is not the case. I know a number of people here who have had similar experiences. If you protest too much they will write a ticket to cover their asses.

Typically it is the seat belt ticket they hand you.
That's typically because ghetto dwellers don't like to wear their seat belts. In case you haven't heard, it's illegal to drive without your seat belt on, numbnut!

Let me give you a piece of friendly advice. Don't act like an assho1e if, when, you get pulled over by the police. They will act like an assho1e themselves if you give them a reason too.

They have a very tough job and it doen't help when people like you badmouth them because one of you got pulled over. Treat them with RESPECT!.....And they wil treat you with the same.

What goes around comes around!

Location hidden

#59551 May 31, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't appeal when acquitted.
But you do if your lawyers smell more money after the conviction.

Of course, the pedophile will be sued for every penny he has and can make, even when he is polishing knobs in the big house so I don't see much outside of the face saving bluster as they lead him away.

And you don't get to appeal- for the most part- if you take a plea.

Smart money is on the plea.

Location hidden

#59552 May 31, 2013
Son of Swampudd wrote:
Let me give you a piece of friendly advice.
The only advice you are capable of giving is how to slip on the condom in the middle of the act after the customer has paid extra to do it skinny side up.
Son of Swampudd

UK

#59553 May 31, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I am forever disappointed that my state has allowed this charade of a case to proceed....i hate the whole social engineering concept, by our supposed leaders.....
The State of Florida caved in to the lard-ass leaders of the black community on this one. Al Sharpton likes to run his mouth and stir up racial strife every time he turns around. And a lot of innocent people either wind up dead or else end up getting their reputations ruined.

I'm surprise nobody's popped a cap in his big fat ass yet.
Son of Swampudd

UK

#59554 May 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only advice you are capable of giving is how to slip on the condom in the middle of the act after the customer has paid extra to do it skinny side up.
Sounds like you got a thriving business going on there Barefool. You must be the worlds leading authority on the art of polishing knob.

You stay OPEN 24/7 don't you?

Location hidden

#59555 May 31, 2013
Son of Swampudd wrote:
<quoted text>
The State of Florida caved in
Republican governor
Republican prosecutor
Republican judge.

Wipe your chin, Shug.
Son of Swampudd

UK

#59557 May 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican governor
Republican prosecutor
Republican judge.
Wipe your chin, Shug.
Democrat perp.

Democrat aggitator.

Democrat mob.

Wipe your ass before it starts to trickle down.

Numbnut!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Insights From Comey's Memoir: Ex-FBI Chief Bl... 17 min mr gleeble 13
News Mitt Romney Fails to Bypass Utah Primary for U.... 19 min mr gleeble 11
News Rape suspect's arrest reignites pretrial detent... 2 hr hillu2 3
News Pa. assembly corruption probe nears critical phase (Jan '10) 7 hr RoscoePerkins 23
News Appetite for opioids never sates despite busts 9 hr RachelGonnaRach 11
News Citizens have a right 9 hr FormerParatrooper 3
News North Bay teacher arrested in child sex case ha... 11 hr ivonkla luverr 3