Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#59357 May 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he did give chase with a loaded weapon.
\
Funny how you keep forgetting you told everyone here that the pedophile chased Martin for no more than ten seconds.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#59358 May 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It is in Ohio because they extended the Castle Doctrine to your vehicle.
In your car.

Not three blocks away.

Signed by the DEMOCRAT governor.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59359 May 28, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The "...serious bodily harm.." has always been there. It essentially leaves the decision up to you to decide. No different than taking a drivers exam and defining "passing safely."
Exactly. It's very ambiguous. I think they designed it that way. It gives the shooter something to think about as well as an over zealous prosecutor.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#59360 May 28, 2013
George Zimmerman Hearing Video – Thanks To DiwataMan
Posted on May 28, 2013 by sundance
Video provided by DiwataMan

Today we learned:

... that Trayvon has video he took on his phone of a homeless man being beaten by his crew @57:28
... that Trayvon sought to purchase more marijuana in Sanford @52:58

... that there’s a whistleblower in the States Attorney’s office willing to give testimony that Bernie De La Rionda intentionally manipulated and hid the information from Trayvon’s phone @2:01:20.

Trayvon and CREW beat the crap out of a Homeless Guy On Video? <<---<<<

Two questions: First – was he white? If so FEDERAL HATE CRIME ! Second – How does Natalie Jackson feel about that given her advocacy for Sherman Ware? Irony Thick.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/05/2...

liKe I've SAID all along ...
THUG!

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59363 May 28, 2013
Catwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!....He/she/its been on here for well over a year now trying to polute the jury pool by spewing its never ending hatred for Goerge Zimmerman while trying to pass as a white girl....Only on the Internet!...lol!
I bet zazz is a black guy because they also like to "catfish"-----(prete nding to be a woman).
These people are sick!
Of course Zazz is black, only a black man with a chip on his shoulder (big time) would hate Zimmerman so much, who has noting to do with him personally.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#59365 May 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. It's very ambiguous. I think they designed it that way. It gives the shooter something to think about as well as an over zealous prosecutor.
I don't think it's for the control of prosecutors. They have a lot of latitude when performing their duties.

As for the shooter, that's another story entirely.

flbadcatowner

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59366 May 29, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>and that will set a legal precedent that in other trials prosecutors will no be able to enter into evidence toxicology reports pertaining to alcohol blood content for dwi s as that would be prejudicial to the defendants defense, that would be the proper operation of law
That is stretching it a bit. All this aside, I seriously doubt that Zimmerman will be convicted based on the way Florida law is written.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#59367 May 29, 2013
The men of real hate turned this into something it wasn't. Well I want Zimmerman innocent just to see if there is riots. and this time between the television and internet and others ways of communication, it will b a party like situation seeing the death, carnage and destruction. America crossed the Mendoza line in social justice where everything is of cultural background and political correctness. Zimmerman may be a scum bag and that is debatable. But somehow race was interjected into this and turned this case potentially volatile. Anyway, more and more people do not care if the worse happens. they woiuld be smart to not be in any potential areas of violence at the time and be careful of the surroundings they live in. Gun sales may very well triple or more after this case if there is mass violence. Frankly, the case is secondary to the potential main event. And most of us have HDTV's to see everything in beautiful clear near movie clarity. Popcorn, sandwiches, favorite beverages. Be prepared...p.s. ...I wonder if Homeland Security will make its real debut if riots occur. We will see.

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59368 May 29, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>That is stretching it a bit. All this aside, I seriously doubt that Zimmerman will be convicted based on the way Florida law is written.
The reality is that this is a political prosecution to appease a lot of cry baby black people who are out to lynch Zimmerman, because he did in one of their low life dope head street thugs.

This upcoming trial is not about justice. Its an obvious self defense situation, there is no evidence to support a murder conviction.

If Zimmerman walks, expect black people to riot (loot & burn) as they have done many times before.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#59369 May 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
How DARE he think he had the same right to walk the sidewalk at night like regular white people!
You've really gone off the rails.. Maybe you ought to rethink that post. Always the complainer,'Poor pitiful me'?

flbadcatowner

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59370 May 29, 2013
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that this is a political prosecution to appease a lot of cry baby black people who are out to lynch Zimmerman, because he did in one of their low life dope head street thugs.
This upcoming trial is not about justice. Its an obvious self defense situation, there is no evidence to support a murder conviction.
If Zimmerman walks, expect black people to riot (loot & burn) as they have done many times before.
Would you be saying the same thing if the races were reversed and the dead teen was white and the shooter black? A teenager is dead who would have been alive if Zimmerman didn't try to be a hero. He may well walk because of how Florida law is written. He may be legally innocent, but certainly not 100% morally innocent.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#59371 May 29, 2013
Son OJsons Sons Sons Son wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops are TRAINED to spot if you're not wearing a seat belt. If you are driving behind tinted windows at night the cop might be unable to make a determination one way or the other, at which point he/she has the legal right to pull your stupid ass over and make sure that you do not pose a danger to yourself or others on the road.
Driving in a vehicle with tinted front windows at night is dangerous, and is why it is illegal in most states. Try to get insurance if you have dark tint on your front windows. Don't let your insurance company find out or else they'll drop you like a hot rock.
Who do you think you are? You think the rules don't apply for you? That's special! Ohhhh... precious, mommy's calling. Go home now.
So what you are saying is that if a cop can not determine if a person is breaking the law he should assume that person is breaking the law. your an idiot. Sounds like the theory that got Zimmermen into his mess.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#59372 May 29, 2013
American Lady wrote:
George Zimmerman Hearing Video – Thanks To DiwataMan
Posted on May 28, 2013 by sundance
Video provided by DiwataMan
Today we learned:
... that Trayvon has video he took on his phone of a homeless man being beaten by his crew @57:28
... that Trayvon sought to purchase more marijuana in Sanford @52:58
... that there’s a whistleblower in the States Attorney’s office willing to give testimony that Bernie De La Rionda intentionally manipulated and hid the information from Trayvon’s phone @2:01:20.
Trayvon and CREW beat the crap out of a Homeless Guy On Video? <<---<<<
Two questions: First – was he white? If so FEDERAL HATE CRIME ! Second – How does Natalie Jackson feel about that given her advocacy for Sherman Ware? Irony Thick.
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/05/2...
liKe I've SAID all along ...
THUG!
The fact that you are posting info from a Rat wing propaganda site like Breitbart proves you are just a troll only interested in spreading hate.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#59374 May 29, 2013
Puddwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>
What about signs of smoking weed?..... Do cops look for signs of smoking weed also?..... It's obvious you view the police as the enemy, most citizens who are "less than law abiding" do..... Hey man it was only an ambulance!..... Light up another one!....lol!
Does that mean if a cop see you drive by and he does know know if you are smoking weed or not,,, he should stop you? They are suppose to stop citizens to check and make sure they are NOT committing a crime?

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59375 May 29, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Would you be saying the same thing if the races were reversed and the dead teen was white and the shooter black? A teenager is dead who would have been alive if Zimmerman didn't try to be a hero. He may well walk because of how Florida law is written. He may be legally innocent, but certainly not 100% morally innocent.
Absolutely, I would be saying the exact same thing. There is a whole lot of low life worthless white trash dope head street punks about, just like Martin. The only difference is there would be no public outcry by white people, and no political prosecution.

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59377 May 29, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>My guess is that he gets acquitted due to lack of compelling evidence or less likely, a hung jury. I could be wrong, though.
If the jury is the same type (low life ghetto) who acquitted OJ for the LA murders, Zimmerman can kiss his butt goodbye.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#59378 May 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never owned a car with tinted windows and I owned four of them less than 20 years old.
But as a professional driver, let me give you some advice: there is no such thing as a clear enough view from your vehicle. In my opinion, no vehicle should be allowed on the road with tinted glass. That's like driving with sun glasses on during the night. What's the point?
Get rid of your tinted glass. Not only will you be safer, but the cops won't bug you either.
I grew up in Florida. Everybody has tinted windows here. My mothers 1965 Plymouth had tinted windows, right from the factory. Both my Ram and my Jeep have tinted windows, straight from the factory. Having legally tinted windows is not evidence of a crime, unless you are some kind of Rat Wing Fascist looking for excuses to repress citizen rights.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#59380 May 29, 2013
serfs up wrote:
The men of real hate turned this into something it wasn't. Well I want Zimmerman innocent just to see if there is riots. and this time between the television and internet and others ways of communication, it will b a party like situation seeing the death, carnage and destruction. America crossed the Mendoza line in social justice where everything is of cultural background and political correctness. Zimmerman may be a scum bag and that is debatable. But somehow race was interjected into this and turned this case potentially volatile. Anyway, more and more people do not care if the worse happens. they woiuld be smart to not be in any potential areas of violence at the time and be careful of the surroundings they live in. Gun sales may very well triple or more after this case if there is mass violence. Frankly, the case is secondary to the potential main event. And most of us have HDTV's to see everything in beautiful clear near movie clarity. Popcorn, sandwiches, favorite beverages. Be prepared...p.s....I wonder if Homeland Security will make its real debut if riots occur. We will see.
You are hoping for a NOT GUILTY because you hope it will start riots??? You are one sick A-Hole. Just looking for an excuse to justify your hate and prejudice.

flbadcatowner

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59381 May 29, 2013
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, I would be saying the exact same thing. There is a whole lot of low life worthless white trash dope head street punks about, just like Martin. The only difference is there would be no public outcry by white people, and no political prosecution.
The last I checked, what you accuse Martin of are not capital crimes worthy of death.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59383 May 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How much did they pay?
The amount wasn't disclosed. All that was released is that it exceeded one million dollars.

Do you think me know knowing the sealed amount means the settlement didn't happen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 16 min hojo 3,358
News This homophobic magistrate was just paid $325,0... 3 hr Wondering 47
News Amarillo sees increase in ICE detainees 4 hr tomin cali 3
News Felony plea no longer part of mayor's record 5 hr FART CHARTER 4
News Greitens: Charge politically motivated 7 hr Impeach the Creep 2
News Defendent in East Main stabbing says he didn't ... 21 hr Mein Kampf 1
News Campbell County school shooter Kenny Bartley wa... 22 hr avenger 4
More from around the web