Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58105 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And as of right now, the only person we know for sure whose assaulted anyone is Zimmerman son.
is "son" like a period in your language
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58106 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
absolutely does!
even the prosecutor does not see that and that is why they chose 2nd degree
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58107 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called plea bargaining, dumbazz.... GI Janie will plead guilty to a lesser charge in exchange for less prison time.
that has to be before trial, and agreed by both prosecution and defense, and probably will not happen as zimmerman wants to go to trial, he s pretty sure of a victory, and if not he can easily get it overturned and retried in different venue, he s actually in good positon, after it s over the book should sell well
thebuzz

Carmel, IN

#58108 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, it doesn't matter what you think Martin should or should not have done.
He did nothing illegal. The defense is free to bring up that up is they so choose and prove it as well
Martin couldn't have been beaten to a bloody pulp. He was lucid enough to claim Martin was going for his weapon, fight off the so called bigger individual, pull the weapon out while flat on his back, cock the weapon and fire at point blank range.
For someone who people who portrays as helpless and the victim being so much bigger and stronger while on top of Zimmerman, it's amazing he even could pull the weapon out.
You people can't pick and choose which pieces of evidence you're willing or unwilling to accept.
You need to take the whole kit and kaboodle.
Beating up a resident is most certainly illegal! Media racism may work on the gullible and stupid but not everyone is there yet.

I have absolutely no doubt in the world that the street fighting football player was stronger than the out of shape nearly 30 year old man. Are you high?
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58109 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called plea bargaining, dumbazz.... GI Janie will plead guilty to a lesser charge in exchange for less prison time.
if the prosecutor approaches you with a plea bargain, you know you have won and want to go forward, if they had a case they don t offer a plea bargain, that would be dumb indeed. unless they accepted some graft
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58110 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
absolutely does!
death from a fight would never show intent unless a written history of the two would indicate several confrontations in the past, you lack an understanding of law
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58111 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to know Democrats support Obama and his lies ..er... fantasies.
"What I find more interesting are the lies Obama tells not so much about himself, but about society. In “Dreams from My Father,” Obama tells readers that he struggled with racism and racial alienation all his life. He wasn’t a starter on his high school basketball team because he played “black” while his coach coached “white.” He confabulated a black friend in high school who, like himself, was shunned for racial reasons. He wrote of a “big fight” with a white ex-girlfriend who, after seeing a racially charged play,“started talking about why black people were so angry all the time.”
As Maraniss methodically shows, these and other tales of racial woe were false. His coach didn’t start him because he wasn’t good enough to start. His friend in high school was half-Japanese, not black, and neither of them were racially ostracized. The girlfriend, Genevieve Cook, never saw the play and never said anything of the sort. And so on."
Jonah Goldberg
that would be typical, we see now close at hand that real racism is black racism, in the past whites wanted separation to not be molested by blacks because of their predation, the real racists it turns out to be blacks and now in the past 50 some odd years this government has practiced racism against whites
that would be typical, we see now close at hand that real racism is black racism, in the past whites wanted separation to not be molested by blacks because of their predation, the real racists it turns out to be blacks and now in the past 50 some odd years this government has practiced racism against whites
thebuzz

Carmel, IN

#58112 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
There absolutely IS evidence. Trayvon was on the phone. His girl friend heard the entire confrontation. That is why the defence isn't invoking SYG. They know they don't have a prayer.
His girl friend isn't a reliable witness and it has been determined even by the prosecution as well. She lied under oath about her age and whereabouts. Maybe she was behind the drug/theft ring and was advising Martin where he should hit next. It would explain why Martin wanted to kill Zimmerman. It could also explain why the 'girlfriend' never bothered to inquire about Martin. A girlfriend would have been worried and would have contacted police if she felt her boyfriend was assaulted and killed.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58113 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He took a loaded weapon with him son.
you must be a street criminal, come on come clean now
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58114 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would carry an unloaded weapon unless he has a really deep voice and can yell, "Bang bang" with authority.
true, an unloaded weapon will get you killed, when the thug sees your weapon he won t ask if it is loaded he will just kill you
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58115 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, it doesn't matter what you think Martin should or should not have done.
He did nothing illegal. The defense is free to bring up that up is they so choose and prove it as well
Martin couldn't have been beaten to a bloody pulp. He was lucid enough to claim Martin was going for his weapon, fight off the so called bigger individual, pull the weapon out while flat on his back, cock the weapon and fire at point blank range.
For someone who people who portrays as helpless and the victim being so much bigger and stronger while on top of Zimmerman, it's amazing he even could pull the weapon out.
You people can't pick and choose which pieces of evidence you're willing or unwilling to accept.
You need to take the whole kit and kaboodle.
told like a criminal, shoplifter is exiting the door with the goods but wasn t going to steal them, or oh he was driving home with the goods in his car he wasn t stealing them he was going to return them, so lame
thebuzz

Carmel, IN

#58116 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying?? ROTFALMFAO!!! Exactly which point was a lie??'splain it to me Lucy.... And dumbazz... I already told you... the jewellery wasn't stolen. If it was stolen... it would have been reported. The Sanford police have said that the jewellery has not been reported stolen in ANY jurisdiction.... Not reported... therefore not stolen. One would think that if they had jewellery stolen... they would report it.... if nothing more that for insurance purposes. So who's lying now?? and interesting, it appears you have no qualms with GI Janie molesting a minor. How quaint!
Just because it wasn't reported doesn't mean it wasn't stolen. If they killed the owners of the jewelry, how can it be reported? Maybe they stole it from someone who stole it from someone else. If it were reported, doesn't necessarily mean this information would make its way to that particular police department. Maybe the liberal media doesn't want to tell. Since he was a minor, the police and school are not going to divulge even if it were stolen. Surely, no one is going to want to inflame law suit hungry parents. Maybe the owners don't know that it's missing. Or maybe.....the jewelry is a trade for drugs. If you don't think it odd that a 17 year old would have a bag of jewelry and burglary tools in his possession...then you are an idiot.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58117 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
Lean is highly addictive cocktail of cough syrup, cold medicine, alcohol and candy. So..... other than a bag of skittles.... what else did he have on him??? Well... let's see... Iced tea ... hmmmm..... Iced Tea isn't cough syrup. Iced tea isn't cold medicine.... AND Iced tea isn't alcohol. Gee, dumbazz.... that's only ONE of not three but FOUR. So... you snot nosed imbred racist jackazz... are we to assume that ANYONE with a bag of skittles is a Lean addict??!!! ROTFALMFAO!!! Cryst... the KKKlan is truly desperate today!! And, btw dumbazz.... the autopsy showed no such thing!
he certainly would have been a dealer, and the autopsy indicated marijuanna in his system
thebuzz

Carmel, IN

#58118 May 2, 2013
lawsuit
Truth

United States

#58119 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And yet, that's all you can do to explain YOUR point son.

No wonder you have no idea.
Already explained. Just over your head son. Maybe you should find a topic on cartoons. You might have something to offer there son.
Truth

United States

#58120 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What was it he said? Oh yes....

dispatcher:
Are you following him?[2:24]

Zimmerman:
Yeah.[2:25]

Seems Zimmerman has contradicted you(ie... called you liar), son.

As for Zimmerman being attacked, all you have is Zimmerman's word. And we know he lies.
When dispatcher said we don't need you to do that he said ok. Not illegal to follow anyway. It is illegal to attack a person and break their nose , and attempt to kill them by bashing their head on the sidewalk. Someone just might shoot you.
Truth

United States

#58121 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a rights issue son.

This is a murder trial. You need to get this straight in your head.

Get over yourself. It's not about you. It's about Zimmerman and Martin.

I'm sure you believe it's over my head son. That's because you're mentally not in the same ballpark.
You're so ignorant it's a amusing. You obviously have very little knowledge of legal procedure and the law. It's never to late to go back to school. You should give it a try. After you take some law classes get back with me and you might have something to offer. For now your just an idiot but entertaining.
Truth

United States

#58122 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>I agree.... you're not even close.
Stick with Canadian law. It doesn't apply here. I doubt you have any knowledge of Canadian law either.
Ascendo Tuum

Grimsby, Canada

#58123 May 2, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying sack of shit and imbecile, assault is a felony, Traygone the thug got what he deserved, I would have emptied the magazine into his ugly face when he lifted his arm to hit me.
and so is assault with a deadly weapon.
art

Grand Island, NE

#58124 May 2, 2013
The martyrs of The Lord lifted up to glory!
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/inde6/6/11 From The Lord, Our God and Savior - A Letter Given to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear
Thus says The Lord: I HAVE SENT FAMINE UPON THE LAND!...
Even as in the day I caused a famine throughout the land of Israel... No, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of The Lord... As it was then, so it is this day also...
From the churches of men and from the devout I have removed My hand, and from My people I have taken back My Spirit...
Lo, one full day has passed since I left them desolate,
In severe thirst, with nothing at all to nourish them...
I have left them in darkness, with no light to guide them...
The still small voice, silent.
And what is this I hear among the churches of men and those devout in Israel, even among those who have recognized Mashiach in Israel? What voice do I hear lifted up to heaven, crying out for guidance, longing for My presence and The Word of The Lord? What sound from the people has entered into the ears of The Holy One?!...
I HEAR NOTHING! NOT A WORD IS SPOKEN! NO OUTCRY IS MADE! NO REPENTANCE IS OFFERED!... NO PLEA IS LIFTED UP! No one thirsts, not one hungers, not one of them seeks The Light or grasps My robe, that I might guide them through this darkness! Through this desolate land!... None listen for My voice.
Behold! I have spoken a multitude of words, a great number of speeches!... Letter after Letter, Volume after Volume. Yet they will not eat of this bread, for they are already full; nor will they drink from this cup, for they are drunken; nor can they lift their heads to look upon this glory, for the weight of their sin remains upon them...
THEY REFUSE TO SEE, THEIR EYES ARE BLINDED! THEY WILL NOT LISTEN, THEIR EARS ARE UNCLEAN!... THEY COVER THEIR FACES AND STOP THEIR EARS!... FOOLISH PEOPLE! MOST WICKED GENERATION! I DO NOT KNOW YOU!...
FILL UP THEN, THE FULL MEASURE OF YOUR ERROR, ACCORDING TO THE PERVERSE DOCTRINES OF YOUR FATHERS! BEAR THE SIN OF YOUR HERESIES! DRINK FROM THE CUP OF YOUR BLASPHEMIES, TO THE FULLEST!
Yes, I hear your songs and your spiritual hymns, offered up to God... HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ME! I see your uplifted hands, and I hear all these prayers offered up in the name of Christ... HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ME! PERVERSE GENERATION!
The Day of The Lord is here! Yes, I have declared it! In these very Letters, and by My servants, I have made it known. Lo, through this man I have spoken it, for he does seek to honor Me... I HAVE BROUGHT GLORY TO MY NAME!... Yet you have hated both Me and My word! YOU HAVE REJECTED THE VOICE OF THE LIVING GOD! YOU HAVE LOATHED THE MESSENGERS OF THE MOST HIGH! Therefore shall I also reject you, for your ways are loathsome in My sight! I have left you in famine, and now I shall leave you utterly desolate...
For I have called to My lambs, their hearts sing in anticipation...
I have called to My sheep, they have embraced My voice...
Yea, I have entered in and gathered them together...
Behold, the harvest is separated!
All is ready, the door is shut.
I have but to call out, and the first election shall pass from your sight... And the gate shall be shut. For the door is shut already, the time has passed... No more shall pass through.
I tell you the truth: You have done this! You have decided, your decision is made!... Yes, YOU have shut the door to ME!... Therefore is it also shut to you.
And it shall not be opened again, until you breathe your last,
Testifying to the name of Glory and Him crucified...
Until the time I open it anew...
Behold, I shall open the gates of the city,
And the dead shall pass through!...
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 29 min M Wilson 77
News In climate denial, again (Oct '10) 6 hr Into The Night 108
News Obama's Executive Abuses Harm Chances for Immig... 13 hr wild child 1
News Bush says Trump 'is not the conservative he cla... (Sep '15) 14 hr Romneycare killed... 11
News Bail set in Hartle rape case, jury selection to... 18 hr Frank 45
News In federal suit, Pittsfield police sergeant cit... (Aug '15) Thu cops are liars a... 133
News House passes $1.1B Zika bill despite protests f... Thu He Named Me Black... 5
More from around the web