Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments (Page 1,797)

Showing posts 35,921 - 35,940 of65,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Tamara wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed, they have never stopped crying and they will continue to do so even when they are finally exposed once and for all for their malicious attempt to impede justice and to destroy George Zimmerman.
George Zimmerman has more supporters out there than Martin ever had. Most people are honest, thank God.
Merry Christmas George, England loves you.
Hope you're still giving Zimmerman money.

He's running out... if he hasn't already.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! It's like that guy in Texas who video taped himself declaring he was "standing his ground", then shooting his neighbor.
.... then he got convicted.
Sure, there will be dopes that don't understand the law or why it is written. We had a few cases like that here in Ohio, and the shooters are rightfully in jail. But the Zimmerman case is not one of those cases.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. The bottom line is Zimmerman stalked Martin with a loaded weapon and got caught.
You cannot change your stance from the aggressor to being defensive simply because you're losing a fight you initiated.
Being jumped while walking through a backyard is not being an aggressor. Jumping somebody is not a defensive move.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, there will be dopes that don't understand the law or why it is written. We had a few cases like that here in Ohio, and the shooters are rightfully in jail. But the Zimmerman case is not one of those cases.
As of right now, the Zimmerman case is.

I find it curious his attorney hasn't gone for the speedy trial and instead, prefers to ask for continuances. I find it more curious they haven't demanded the syg hearing.

I'm most curious about the forensics.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Being jumped while walking through a backyard is not being an aggressor. Jumping somebody is not a defensive move.
You're making an assumption.

And we know for a fact Zimmerman lies.
Tamara

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman is a pedophile and a bigot and likes to hit women and the only people who would put him up on a pedestal are like-minded bigots.
Zimmerman is a hero, and an icon. Only a pedophile and a bigot such as yourself would put forth such an outrageous accusation. The world is full of abominations like you. You guys always piss and moan when one of your own bites the bullet.

Merry Christmas.
Tamara

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you're still giving Zimmerman money.
George Zimmerman has plenty of supporters, and he will have plenty of opportunities once Martin and his conspirators are uncovered. He doesn't need money. He has plenty of support which you are naturally not happy to hear.

Maybe you could send a nice contribution to the authorities, they're the ones who need more money.

Merry Christmas.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>As of right now, the Zimmerman case is.
I find it curious his attorney hasn't gone for the speedy trial and instead, prefers to ask for continuances. I find it more curious they haven't demanded the syg hearing.
I'm most curious about the forensics.
It doesn't surprise me given the media attention. It will be difficult if not impossible to find jurors not familiar with this case, so the more it settles down, the less likely it is that Zimmerman will be prejudged. Plus in the likely event he's found not guilty, we don't need another Rodney King on our hands since the media refuses to report on this case as two minorities. They made it out to be a white vs black thing.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're making an assumption.
And we know for a fact Zimmerman lies.
Yes I am making an assumption. That's all we can make at this time unless a surprise witness comes forward in the trial; somebody who witnessed the actual attack. But all medical evidence so far points to Zimmerman's side of the story. Most people who are attacked at least have some abrasion on their body. Martin had none except his knuckles.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>My opinion will be less important than the twelve people who put your bigoted pedophile in jail.

Unless, of course, he takes the pleas to keep you lying wife out of jail.

Putting aside like every other person on this earth: I do not give two sh!ts what your opinion is.
It is possible but that would be a tragedy

Not one moron here can say why he did not have the right to shoot a punk that attacked Zim

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Tamara wrote:
<quoted text>Yes indeed, they have never stopped crying and they will continue to do so even when they are finally exposed once and for all for their malicious attempt to impede justice and to destroy George Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman has more supporters out there than Martin ever had. Most people are honest, thank God.

Merry Christmas George, England loves you.
Correct

Look at his defense fund
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't surprise me given the media attention. It will be difficult if not impossible to find jurors not familiar with this case, so the more it settles down, the less likely it is that Zimmerman will be prejudged. Plus in the likely event he's found not guilty, we don't need another Rodney King on our hands since the media refuses to report on this case as two minorities. They made it out to be a white vs black thing.
I don't think so. O'Mara is making public claims so clearly he's trying to set a stage favorable to his side.

As for your "black and white thing," we already know Zimmerman profiled Martin due to claimed events in Twin Pines. So it'll be a tough argument for them to explain Zimmerman's actions.
mad max

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you're still giving Zimmerman money.
How's that Traygone fund going? I heard it topped $50.00. But dad blew it on 40's.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am making an assumption. That's all we can make at this time unless a surprise witness comes forward in the trial; somebody who witnessed the actual attack. But all medical evidence so far points to Zimmerman's side of the story. Most people who are attacked at least have some abrasion on their body. Martin had none except his knuckles.
No. Again, you're making an assumption regarding the medical evidence.

Martin need not show any physical problems. Remember, Zimmerman is the one with the weapon.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Yes son. He was on the phone.
And this was after Martin left and Zimmerman started stalking him with his loaded weapon.
I'm not disagreeing with your point, just laying out the sequence of events which you conveniently choose to ignore because it doesn't make your case.
But you chose to include, because you thought it made yours. The only person who knows what actually went down now is 3Von's and he ain't talkin'. Everyone other senario is congecture?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Tamara wrote:
<quoted text>
George Zimmerman has plenty of supporters, and he will have plenty of opportunities once Martin and his conspirators are uncovered. He doesn't need money. He has plenty of support which you are naturally not happy to hear.
Maybe you could send a nice contribution to the authorities, they're the ones who need more money.
Merry Christmas.
lol! Wow. That's nice. He must enjoy wearing the required braclet!

You should put one on too!
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>But you chose to include, because you thought it made yours. The only person who knows what actually went down now is 3Von's and he ain't talkin'. Everyone other senario is congecture?
What part isn't factual son?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

mad max wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that Traygone fund going? I heard it topped $50.00. But dad blew it on 40's.
I wouldn't know son.

But I'm sure they're waiting for next year.

Besides, the HOA is already on the hook, so it looks like there are two avenues to approach this .
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so. O'Mara is making public claims so clearly he's trying to set a stage favorable to his side.
As for your "black and white thing," we already know Zimmerman profiled Martin due to claimed events in Twin Pines. So it'll be a tough argument for them to explain Zimmerman's actions.
Claimed events are not the same as true events. From what I understand, whites are a minority in that complex. Zimmerman moved there freely and decided to live among his black and Hispanic neighbors. Just pointing that out alone discredits any charge of racism on Zimmerman's part.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No. Again, you're making an assumption regarding the medical evidence.
Martin need not show any physical problems. Remember, Zimmerman is the one with the weapon.
Just because he was armed doesn't mean he wasn't attacked. His gun was concealed until Martin beat him senseless exposing the gun. That's when (according to Zimmerman's father) Martin tried to disarm him.

With no actual eye witness to the attack and all medical evidence of both parties, I simply cannot see a judge or jury coming to the conclusion that somehow, Zimmerman attacked Martin. And that's the only possible way for them to convict him on a second degree murder charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 35,921 - 35,940 of65,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••