Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

There are 20 comments on the Jan 8, 2013, KTVK Phoenix story titled Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

flanders art

Bayonne, NJ

#89 Mar 5, 2013
The trial should end by March 25th. For the next two weeks or so; she will take the stand. This waste of
human flesh will go on in the studied,scripted, rehearsed
testimony she has prepared for; with the help from her attorney while she is in jail. Its not
as though she is gifted with intelligence; but a
shrewd, con, cunning liar! After all how else would
you spend your time in jail..if you knew your life
is in the hands of twelve and more people. She's had
four years. Notice how she changes the tone of her voice, the on-the off w/ the eyeglasses. She claimed Travis has the issues. Imagine the last and only person Travis saw before she executed him
was her! RIP Travis..
Cheyenne Autumn

Bethlehem, PA

#90 Mar 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
In a sense, you make a case for the defense (Battered Women).. all irratiional behavoir on her part .. wait for the exerts
It is not uncommon for abused women to pre-arm themselves, snap and overkill..this is a human, once again olayed out on the stage of life.
A Manslaughter conviction would serve justice...ten years max
Friends and girlfriends who knew Travis said he was not the sort of person to be physically abusive or even mentally abusive. Calling someone a few names does not constitute the claims you are making. Jodi lied several times about the details of the murder. If she was a battered woman, she wouldn't have had to lie so much. She's covering up for her guilt because she knew she went to Travis that fateful day with a plan to exact her revenge on him because he had no intentions of reconciling their relationship. He took her up on the sex that day, very likely believing that she could change Travis mind about breaking up and/or taking her to Cancun. It could be that she already knew he wasn't going to ever change his mind and she convinced him to let her see him once last time. That was Travis fatal mistake. The brutal manner in which Travis was butchered and the vulnerable position Jodi had him in, is at least deserving of life in prison without parole. Jodi had the option to get on with her life instead of resulting to murder. It was not a case of self defense, as Jodi and her lawyers would like the jury to believe, but cold blooded premeditated murder. She actually deserves the DP, but I don't think she will get it. I can't foretell how the jury will deliberate. All I know is Jodi deserves more then 10 years for murdering Travis and leaving him to rot like a butchered pig. She said nothing on that stand so far that convinces me she was battered, a victim, or killed Travis in self defense. We'll just have to wait and see how the jury sees it.
Cheyenne Autumn

Bethlehem, PA

#91 Mar 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that simple .. JA is highly intelligent, would have let him go to Cancun and continued her conquest of him .. more likely her scenario of droping the cam and he went after he.
Think about it.
Cunning, clever and manipulative - that's Jodi. She is the one who tore those pages out of her journal. She probably wrote down what she intended to do to Travis, or maybe after she killed him. She knew that information would hang her for sure, that's why she had to tear several pages out of that journal. Murderers tend to believe they have all their tracks covered, but many of them leave some evidence behind. Jodi is a liar who tries to make her lies believable, maybe even to herself, but she's not quite as convincing as she would like to be. Jodi may think she has it all set up for her between her lawyers and her. She may think she is too smart to be held accountable for Travis murder. I can only hope for Travis sake, that the jury will see through all of the smoke.
flanders art

Bayonne, NJ

#92 Mar 5, 2013
Anything less than the death penalty would be an insult an absolute travesty in the Judicial system. If she
is convicted in the 2nd degree she should be released when she is forty. I presume she would be released sooner; because of time already served!
Jurors should not cave in to her fake persona, nor
should her gender,and age keep them from handing her
the death penalty. There are three other women on death row in Arizona. I think they were JA's age
when their fate was sealed. Too many years.......
She had the rage when she murdered him! If she sits
in prison the easy solution for her frustration and boredom would be to DO HERSELF IN!
You are Not my Boss

Carnegie, PA

#93 Mar 5, 2013
yes it was pre planned and major SAVAGE killing ..
Lonnie

Cookeville, TN

#94 Mar 5, 2013
This is an easy one. I think she will get a very good reduced sentence. She is much too nice and hot to be in jail for too long, just enough time to let things die-down, no pun intended.
A Reader

Utica, NY

#95 Mar 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that simple .. JA is highly intelligent, would have let him go to Cancun and continued her conquest of him .. more likely her scenario of droping the cam and he went after he.
Think about it.
I have & it doesn't make sense to me. He's soak & wet from the shower. Wouldn't he be slipping n sliding as he was chasing her? AND, the so-called gun-in-the-closet---ru kidding me? That closet was pristine. There was no gun there & she claims "in a holster" yet. Is she kidding? Not a shirt was out-of-place---which, probably, would have been if she were, indeed, reaching to find it. Also, wouldn't she have used that bench seat to reach it considering her height? So many stories from her. My head is scrambled from all of them. lol. Oh, btw....my previous comment about 'sarcasm much needed'. It was meant to be humorous considering alot of the replies here which I find humorous to a degree.
A Reader

Utica, NY

#96 Mar 5, 2013
Lonnie wrote:
This is an easy one. I think she will get a very good reduced sentence. She is much too nice and hot to be in jail for too long, just enough time to let things die-down, no pun intended.
omg! too bad you weren't on her jury. All they need is 1 is get her off the death penalty.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#97 Mar 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
He scrambled her brains for sometime.
She was a blonde before she met him.
She previously rented cars.
Battered women in many instances arm themselves way before they act out,
That fatefull night, he did somethng that pushed her over the edge.
Do you know aything about the BDSM scene, he was the Dom, she the sexual submissive. Many of these girls are tied up, smacked around, sodomized, and made to feel worthless. it is a dangeous sexual and mental game, fraught with dire consequences for both parties.
BTW, she did not stalk him, he always loet her come in his house.
WTF do u not get about this now.
This is so sad to me. Really sad. God help us, what are we doing to each other? These women were once little girls, who, given the love and protection they deserved, never would willingly choose that.
Sherry

Bethlehem, PA

#98 Mar 5, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so sad to me. Really sad. God help us, what are we doing to each other? These women were once little girls, who, given the love and protection they deserved, never would willingly choose that.
She's an adult, not a child. Adults are accountable for their actions. We were all children once. I feel for the parents of Jodi, but it appears she didn't have much sympathy for them when she decided to go take someone's life. But for the sake of Travis and his family, it's only fair for justice to be served. Jodi chose to murder another human being, and in a most brutal way. She didn't have to take that route. No one forced her to. If Travis were your brother, son, or friend; how would you feel then? I never knew Travis nor do I know Jodi. But, anyone who kills someone and to that degree, without any proof that it was self defense, is not to be pitied. She is proving to many that she savagely murdered Travis because she was rejected, jealous and seething with anger, bitterness and resentment. A frenzied rage which ended in Travis being butchered and left to rot for 4 days, until his friends discovered him dead. Imagine finding someone you know in that condition.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#99 Mar 5, 2013
Sherry wrote:
<quoted text>
She's an adult, not a child. Adults are accountable for their actions. We were all children once. I feel for the parents of Jodi, but it appears she didn't have much sympathy for them when she decided to go take someone's life. But for the sake of Travis and his family, it's only fair for justice to be served. Jodi chose to murder another human being, and in a most brutal way. She didn't have to take that route. No one forced her to. If Travis were your brother, son, or friend; how would you feel then? I never knew Travis nor do I know Jodi. But, anyone who kills someone and to that degree, without any proof that it was self defense, is not to be pitied. She is proving to many that she savagely murdered Travis because she was rejected, jealous and seething with anger, bitterness and resentment. A frenzied rage which ended in Travis being butchered and left to rot for 4 days, until his friends discovered him dead. Imagine finding someone you know in that condition.
I was responding to the post regarding women who end up sodomized, beaten, etc., and the damage is does to them, not the case on Jodi killing in self-defense.
* Please see BWS online, or some of the other posts in the forum for more info. It applies in the death of Travis. The phone call of over 1 hr. and the numerous texts are evidence of it.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#100 Mar 5, 2013
If Travis was my brother, and he said and text such vile things to a woman, I would wonder what dark door he opened or if someone violated him at some time. The violence he acknowledged doing doesn't eminate from a normal man.
Sherry

Bethlehem, PA

#101 Mar 6, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to the post regarding women who end up sodomized, beaten, etc., and the damage is does to them, not the case on Jodi killing in self-defense.
* Please see BWS online, or some of the other posts in the forum for more info. It applies in the death of Travis. The phone call of over 1 hr. and the numerous texts are evidence of it.
She was a very willing and able partner. She initiated a lot of their sex play. She enjoyed being referred to as a dirty little school girl. She made those tapes for a reason. She seemed to be coercing him into the dirty talk. She may have thought she could use that against him at some point because she knew he would flirt and was seeing another woman. Travis wasn't a saint, but I highly doubt he beat Jodi or that she was a battered woman. She was obsessive and possessive. Travis mentioned that to his friend. He also stated that Jodi slashed his tires and his new girlfriend's tires. Jodi sent a threatening letter to Travis girlfriend. Travis was aware of Jodi's manipulating ways and told his best friend that he shouldn't be surprised if someone finds his dead body some day. Even then, he sensed something eerie about Jodi and began to fear her. He wanted to distance himself from her. Being young and a man, he was tempted by the kinky sex Jodi had so freely given him and first introduced him to. He gave in to one last fling and thought that when she left, his life would proceed unaffected. Jodi wasn't going to allow him to push her aside for someone else. She wasn't going to let anyone have him. Her revenge was Travis punishment. That's why she went there that day, prodding Travis with sex and very likely making him believe that she accepted his decision about not reconciling their relationship. By those photos right before he died, Travis didn't know what was about to befall him. She had him fooled. She didn't want him to know until that split second she plunged the knife into him - one right after the other - 27 times, then she slit his throat - which ended his life. Then as a final last good riddance gesture - she shot him in the head. What a way to cool off. Proceeds to put some of Travis clothes and his camera into the washing machine and runs it through the wash cycle. Little did Jodi realize that those pics would not be destroyed. Jodi was not a battered woman. Nor by the evidence of stab wounds on Travis hands, can Jodi claim self defense. By first not admitting the truth and continuing to be not forthcoming, she is only proving what most of us already have observed; that she is a cunning, manipulative, obsessive and cold blooded murderer. A murder that was premeditated.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#102 Mar 6, 2013
Something else is curious, going with the line of reasoning that she enjoyed it all:
If she was so excited by their sick interactions, then why did she move away? She could've stayed there and continued to see him. Why leave AZ?
That is the part that doesn't make sense.
Even if she liked it, and as some say she stalking him, then why does he engage her on the phone and make (sick) plans w/her?
And, if she went to see him and he was upset by it, why didn't he call the police? Why was she allowed in?
IDK??? that's what I would do if I was stalked.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#103 Mar 6, 2013
Sherry wrote:
<quoted text>
She was a very willing and able partner. She initiated a lot of their sex play. She enjoyed being referred to as a dirty little school girl. She made those tapes for a reason. She seemed to be coercing him into the dirty talk. She may have thought she could use that against him at some point because she knew he would flirt and was seeing another woman. Travis wasn't a saint, but I highly doubt he beat Jodi or that she was a battered woman. She was obsessive and possessive. Travis mentioned that to his friend. He also stated that Jodi slashed his tires and his new girlfriend's tires. Jodi sent a threatening letter to Travis girlfriend. Travis was aware of Jodi's manipulating ways and told his best friend that he shouldn't be surprised if someone finds his dead body some day. Even then, he sensed something eerie about Jodi and began to fear her. He wanted to distance himself from her. Being young and a man, he was tempted by the kinky sex Jodi had so freely given him and first introduced him to. He gave in to one last fling and thought that when she left, his life would proceed unaffected. Jodi wasn't going to allow him to push her aside for someone else. She wasn't going to let anyone have him. Her revenge was Travis punishment. That's why she went there that day, prodding Travis with sex and very likely making him believe that she accepted his decision about not reconciling their relationship. By those photos right before he died, Travis didn't know what was about to befall him. She had him fooled. She didn't want him to know until that split second she plunged the knife into him - one right after the other - 27 times, then she slit his throat - which ended his life. Then as a final last good riddance gesture - she shot him in the head. What a way to cool off. Proceeds to put some of Travis clothes and his camera into the washing machine and runs it through the wash cycle. Little did Jodi realize that those pics would not be destroyed. Jodi was not a battered woman. Nor by the evidence of stab wounds on Travis hands, can Jodi claim self defense. By first not admitting the truth and continuing to be not forthcoming, she is only proving what most of us already have observed; that she is a cunning, manipulative, obsessive and cold blooded murderer. A murder that was premeditated.
Travis' actions speak volumes:
Why all of the compliments about her (from head to toe)?
Why was he responding to her?
Why was he allowing her in his home?
He sais she was the best he ever tasted. He said she sounded like a 12 yo...He sent the texts about her "qualities", traveled w/her many many times, let her drive his car, etc.....
Her lies are indicative of the BWS.
Anyway, I'm going to have to respectfully agree to disagree.
Sherry

Bethlehem, PA

#104 Mar 6, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Travis' actions speak volumes:
Why all of the compliments about her (from head to toe)?
Why was he responding to her?
Why was he allowing her in his home?
He sais she was the best he ever tasted. He said she sounded like a 12 yo...He sent the texts about her "qualities", traveled w/her many many times, let her drive his car, etc.....
Her lies are indicative of the BWS.
Anyway, I'm going to have to respectfully agree to disagree.
Reread above posts. TY. Anyway, to make it brief - SEX, was the reason for most of your questions AND...the reason she lived so far from Travis is because that is the way he wanted it. He obviously had reasons which I explained in the previous posts. Jodi set it up to see him one last time; perhaps with the hope that she could get Travis to reconcile their relationship and/or take her to Cancun. After the sex they had, she may have either asked him before or after the sex, if there was going to be any hope for them as a couple. He probably told her that was over. She very likely wasn't happy with his answer; acted as though she accepted the inevitable, but she wasn't happy at all. She had to pretend to act as though she was ok with his decision, but it was all a front to get him into a vulnerable position so she could exact her revenge, so she waited until he was in the shower, and that's when she took the opportunity to stab him.
Bottom Line

Utica, NY

#105 Mar 6, 2013
The only other witness to this massacre beside Travis & Jodi was Travis' dog, Napolean----and he isn't talking....
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#106 Mar 7, 2013
Sherry wrote:
<quoted text>
Reread above posts. TY. Anyway, to make it brief - SEX, was the reason for most of your questions AND...the reason she lived so far from Travis is because that is the way he wanted it. He obviously had reasons which I explained in the previous posts. Jodi set it up to see him one last time; perhaps with the hope that she could get Travis to reconcile their relationship and/or take her to Cancun. After the sex they had, she may have either asked him before or after the sex, if there was going to be any hope for them as a couple. He probably told her that was over. She very likely wasn't happy with his answer; acted as though she accepted the inevitable, but she wasn't happy at all. She had to pretend to act as though she was ok with his decision, but it was all a front to get him into a vulnerable position so she could exact her revenge, so she waited until he was in the shower, and that's when she took the opportunity to stab him.
You took the easy way out .. followed a script
In real life, does not work that way with these people

Cancun not it .. he did something to her the last 15 mins
Ramona

Vacaville, CA

#107 Mar 7, 2013
If he "did" something to her, then why isn't JA telling that in trial? She has thrown in everything else but the kitchen sink. Notice her inconsistent answers to the jury questions or the vague answers

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#108 Mar 7, 2013
Oasis wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only a few entities that would/could stage this and have the police believe it and run with it. How foolish of me.
I suppose she could have, but blood is not so easily washed away. I see way too many undisturbed puddles of blood on the tiles. Several rather large ones. Even in the hallway. If you have lived with floor tile and grout lines, you would know what is missing in the hallway pics if she dragged him.
His bleeding covered a lot of square footage.
I can't see Travis not fighting harder against only Jodi. Maybe it was a team effort and Travis knew he physically couldn't win. Maybe he was trying to talk his way out of the situation after a few serious wounds.
Maybe Jodi set "something" up and it turned into more than she expected. Maybe it was exactly what she expected.
IDK
and maybe grodys statement "You'll do ANYthing with a gun pointed at your head" is one of the few truths the skank has uttered
her 48 hours interspew... have you seen it? i think the "ninjas" description was HER attack on him. a few days ago she demonstrated how he "came at her like a linebacker", yesterday "he stepped out of the shower" the camera didn't roll anywhere dropped on a mat IF she was crouched down. she went with intent and mayhem she did cause. this individual truly DESERVES the DP, if she gets away with it she'll kill again jmho

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Claim: Michael Jackson Paid at Least $200M to S... 24 min Jesse Pinkman 337
News Texas Police Chief's Association Opposition To ... 2 hr GregH 8
News Labor Department says it can't investigate So C... 3 hr hmmm 5
News White professors sue Alabama State for discrimi... 4 hr Peterpan 8
News Brattleboro man faces life imprisonment 5 hr Adam 5
News More Details Emerge in Arrest of Freddie Gray 6 hr Minneserable 8
News In Childhood Sexual Abuse Case, California Appe... 6 hr Dogen 9
More from around the web