Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: KTVK Phoenix 687

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Full Story
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#581 Apr 25, 2013
I think today is a short court day, not sure. I'd say she had a makeover in hopes of not being easily recognized at his house. That white hair she had stands out.
All Good Things

Spring, TX

#582 Apr 25, 2013
I remember when Det. Flores told Jar Jar Jo Jo Stabbs that the neighbors saw her at Travis's hair, she said his neighbor would know her as a blond or something like that.

Kind of interesting that the last internet activity on his computer was around 5 p.m. on the day of the murder. Not knowing if he had his computer up in his apt. or in a separate office, etc., hard to know who accessed it.

In other news, finally an MD on the rebuttal witness list:

Reports are Dr Horn, MD, Maricopa County Medical Examiner is set to testify again TODAY as part of Rebuttal.

Purportedly, JM and Dr Horn will show Arias has lied on the stand about the gunshot. That's all we know.
All Good Things

Spring, TX

#583 Apr 25, 2013
Reports are Dr Horn, MD, Maricopa County Medical Examiner is set to testify again TODAY as part of Rebuttal.

Purportedly, JM and Dr Horn will show Arias has lied on the stand about the gunshot. That's all we know.

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

#585 Apr 25, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
In my range, mid 130's
Your posts indicate you are right on target with your IQ assessment: mid 30"s. e.g. no one would have been hurt if I had her (paraphrased).
proudredneck

Glendale, AZ

#586 Apr 25, 2013
ahhhh...ain't no mo 'savage' dan kill'n a litle baby dat survived ann abortion...de litle babys do not fight back very hard whn da doc twists dar litle necks til da snap...
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#587 Apr 25, 2013
Is it true that Robot_Mott got some ugly messages on her cell phone?
Maybe she is regretting her way of making a living? Maybe she can run away to Europe with bi-bi cry baby. She's too old to have children.
Dr Phil

Utica, NY

#588 Apr 25, 2013
All Good Things wrote:
That bridesmaid video was 2004. It is now 2013 plus some change.
Does anyone wonder why she was always a bridesmaid and never a bride?
Psychopaths tend to make lousy wives.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#589 Apr 25, 2013
Dr. Horn's testimony was more precise today, at least to me. He went into more detail about Alexander's brain injury than I recall when he previously testified.

In all reality, it does not really matter to me which happened firs; the gun shot or knife wound. Arias' intent was to kill Alexander and she succeeded. For that, she should be punished rightfully.

Looks like Arias and the jury has Horn's testimony to carry them through until next Wednesday. Having LaViolette and Samuels' "expert" testimonies, I really do not know what Dr. Geffner can add to refute DeMarte's testimony. But then again, Arias has a right to a proper defense and this is all part of it. God bless America!
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#590 Apr 25, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
Dr. Horn's testimony was more precise today, at least to me. He went into more detail about Alexander's brain injury than I recall when he previously testified.
In all reality, it does not really matter to me which happened firs; the gun shot or knife wound. Arias' intent was to kill Alexander and she succeeded. For that, she should be punished rightfully.
Looks like Arias and the jury has Horn's testimony to carry them through until next Wednesday. Having LaViolette and Samuels' "expert" testimonies, I really do not know what Dr. Geffner can add to refute DeMarte's testimony. But then again, Arias has a right to a proper defense and this is all part of it. God bless America!
Nothing. I couldn't even get through his whole training/workshop/seminar. Bored to pieces.
I've heard a great deal of that before. He talks about aggression vs. true domestic violence, pushing buttons, sociopaths, substance abuse, and on and on. I wish the Medical Examiner, Dr. Horn, had been the last witness. Trot_Mott tried to discredit him but couldn't get any real traction. It must have been distracting having her My Twinn Doll sitting next to her in brown just like "Trot" and being so emotional. Why be emotional now? When I heard his heart was beating when she slit his throat, it was over for me. There isn't anything Domestic "Geff" can say that will change my mind.
Lexington

Hammond, IN

#591 Apr 25, 2013
Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. I couldn't even get through his whole training/workshop/seminar. Bored to pieces.
I've heard a great deal of that before. He talks about aggression vs. true domestic violence, pushing buttons, sociopaths, substance abuse, and on and on. I wish the Medical Examiner, Dr. Horn, had been the last witness. Trot_Mott tried to discredit him but couldn't get any real traction. It must have been distracting having her My Twinn Doll sitting next to her in brown just like "Trot" and being so emotional. Why be emotional now? When I heard his heart was beating when she slit his throat, it was over for me. There isn't anything Domestic "Geff" can say that will change my mind.
Sounds like I am glad I missed today. What is that big deal about Dr. Robert Geffner. I looked him up and did a little research on him, I didn't see anything so great. He has a few book that he has had published, some that he co wrote, Teaches at some off the wall college that I have never heard of. I did some research and found it is a accredited school but on further study found out it was not in the top 200 schools that offer Grad courses in the psychology. My goodness WVU is ahead of them by far. Didnt see anything outstanding about him.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#592 Apr 25, 2013
Lex

Defense atty's like Dr Geffner

He is reportedly polished and convincing

His creds and decades of experience are legit and will impress the jury, regardless of University rankings, which they will not even think about

They will make note of DR DM's thin resumes and short tenure

Looks like he will be the last wit, befor final aurgumuents.

Great move on the Chessboard by Nurmi/Wilmont.

Jury could tilt in favor of abuse/domestic violence and then it's a hung jury or manslaughter.

JM will not be able to diminish his creds
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#593 Apr 25, 2013
Lex

When will court resume, heard it was not until next Wed's?
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#594 Apr 25, 2013
Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
After the dismissal of this juror today, more women could be on the panel. Dr Geff's expertise on DV very well may seal it with
several of them. Stay tuned that day. I'm sure that DR Dm will be avidly watching. He could very well debunk her findings and testing methods.

Brilliant timing on calling Dr Geff at this finaljuncture. Nurmi/Wilmont and Dr Geff, ready to conter every JM move, since he has showed his hand over and over again.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#595 Apr 26, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
When I have time, I'd like to listen to Dr. Kevin Horn's original testimony. I didn't begin watching until about the time JAA was demonstrating her b.s. story about TVA lunging at her and the gun going off. It's total b.s. debunked by his autopsy. Does anyone think she maybe tried to dismember him but didn't have the necessary tools.

Free Willy was an idiot to try to go head to head with the medical examiner. Her little bachelor's and law degree are no match for his credentials and years of experience. It's pretty bad when the other attorney at YOUR table is amused with your ignorance.

She was trying to say a 25 caliber gun doesn't do much damage. My spouse said, "Let's test that theory." Apparently, someone wants to as she has been getting threats and she still acts like she is going to win. If by some miracle she does get JAA off, I hope she stalks JLW for the rest of her days. I think in JAA's pea brain, she thinks JLW is a friend. She doesn't realize she is just doing a job she is getting paid to do. She has no friends.

Since: Apr 13

Hamilton, Canada

#596 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
After the dismissal of this juror today, more women could be on the panel. Dr Geff's expertise on DV very well may seal it with
several of them. Stay tuned that day. I'm sure that DR Dm will be avidly watching. He could very well debunk her findings and testing methods.
Brilliant timing on calling Dr Geff at this finaljuncture. Nurmi/Wilmont and Dr Geff, ready to conter every JM move, since he has showed his hand over and over again.
The defense has had JM running like a little topo gigo mouse the whole trial lol. Their game so far, albeit a bit underhanded, is on track to save Jodi's sweet life. Hey, they have to give her the best defense possible and are they ever. Unfortunately she confessed when she should have just kept quiet so she may still have to do a bit more time with a "manslaughter in the heat of" verdict..she must be so relieved to be seeing the end of this trial. What a tough go it's been for her especially when the only supporters she's had have been strangers who have heard about her dilemma and friends she's met in prison. I ain't sayin' she didn't kill the guy. She admitted it. But, he's dead, and we aren't so lets' get on with it. Like her more as a blonde though. She looks too mexican with her hair brown. Wonder if she'll go all beefy like her mother and aunt? They ain't pretty anymore and not that old neither. They look all used up.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#598 Apr 26, 2013

Apparently, JAA may have gotten an idea from this movie.
Durst was painted as a monster who made his wife get rid of their baby.
Also, a man who had a lot of demons from his childhood but enough money and power to sidestep any trouble he got himself into. It appears he would make deals with people to get what he wanted out of them and then when they became a liability, they would end up dead.

In the clip, Durst's father says about his son's wife, "She'll never be one of us."
She got into medical school and was going to become a doctor. However, if she left her husband, she would get nothing. She tried to play hardball with the family and simply vanished.

A word of caution to all: Choose your seat mates wisely.
Rita in Ohio

Fredericktown, OH

#599 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you had to say and agree with the spirit of it.
In the case of Jody's demure look and persona, she is very hot and appealing to men.
I have dated a few with her look and style in LA. Hell, I probably could have handled Jody and nothing bad would have happen.
She was not predisposed to kill Travis or anyone else, unlike many killers in our society. She needs to be convicted of the crime she committed, a low degree manslaughter.
you are crazy
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#601 Apr 26, 2013
Rita

You are Ok with me Rita. As to my post that you responded to, it is factual. I have met a few JA's in crazy LA. Her type love handsome clean cut white men. We are also attracted to her dmeure, buyt smoldering Latina look.

Latina's love deeper and can be jealous. I have had them tell me that their jealous nature, is proof of their deep love.

I had mentioned that I had attended some B&D parties in LA. JA loved the Dom nature of TA.
I could have easily handled her, if I wanted to.
It's an erotic sex game, even a lifestyle for some, also wrought with dire consequences. It was interesting, enjoyable, but ultimately was not my cup of tea. Also, dated main stream females, who wanted me to dominate them.

Many women fantasize about. It is a theme in film, novels and even fashion. Did you see 9 1/2 weeks, find it erotic or interesting?

LA is a fascinatig City to live in.

LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#602 Apr 26, 2013
RIP George Jones

"She Still Think's I Care"
"She Stopped Loving Me Today"

Frank Sinatra called him the second best singer
in our County.

He also inspired Tammy Wynette's iconic, "Stand By
Your Man"
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#603 Apr 26, 2013
Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text> Psychopaths tend to make lousy wives.
That's why somay American White Males are getting divorced in all time record numbers. Resting for awhile and going to Asian babes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
With State of the Union, Obama sets agenda ... ... 23 min Le Duped 106
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 26 min Black Rhino 2,379
Bethlehem Steel Action Group heads for Cleveland (Jun '08) 30 min kbtriathlete123 53
Michelle Duggar Warns Arkansas Community That T... 56 min upfortruth 4
Prostitution arrest made in Town of Delbarton 1 hr Wow 64
Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) 2 hr Jermaine 7 64,318
Belington woman sentenced 3 hr Curious 1
More from around the web