Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: KTVK Phoenix 687

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Full Story
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#480 Apr 22, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text> when she was thinking this through & how to get away with it, ii don't think she thought past killing him. I think the. Amount of blood and mess caught her off guard & she wasn't prepared.
There's no way to know that.
Some say that no one thinks of every detail.
She had a plan.
It wasn't foolproof.
Where people generally miscalculate is that people don't go down as quickly as someone would like to think.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#481 Apr 22, 2013
Agree, I don't think she counted on the fight. Jodi lives in her own little world. It's a shame he couldn't get control of it that day and we wouldn't be here.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#482 Apr 22, 2013
Finally got to watch DeMarte's testimony. I like the way she testified. Clear, concise and she did not say any more than she needed to. She gave explanations when needed so it can be easily understood. Very professional but relate-able.

Willmott on the other hand....I thought she was going to stroke out at some point. She almost lunged through the bench when she and the other attorneys approached the bench at one time. I was not impressed by her performance. If anything, it made me cringe.

I look forward to seeing tomorrow's proceedings. I had read that a WalMart representative is going to be on at some time, probably to show the jury Arias lied (yet again) but this time to them (the jury). I wonder if there will be any surprise witnesses we do not know about yet?
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#483 Apr 22, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
Finally got to watch DeMarte's testimony. I like the way she testified. Clear, concise and she did not say any more than she needed to. She gave explanations when needed so it can be easily understood. Very professional but relate-able.
Willmott on the other hand....I thought she was going to stroke out at some point. She almost lunged through the bench when she and the other attorneys approached the bench at one time. I was not impressed by her performance. If anything, it made me cringe.
I look forward to seeing tomorrow's proceedings. I had read that a WalMart representative is going to be on at some time, probably to show the jury Arias lied (yet again) but this time to them (the jury). I wonder if there will be any surprise witnesses we do not know about yet?
Did you observe any negatives in her demeanor. She is a young successfull PhD., who failed to even clean up for court. At times she was defensive and rehersed.
Buddy

Johnson City, TN

#484 Apr 22, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
I got in from work, checked out hlntv.com and mediaite.com , googled for news of trial today 4/22, and nothing. So did they announce on Friday or this morning that there would be no trial today?

JM has Jodi's credit card charge for 15.1 or 15.2 gallons (works for 3 five gallon gas cans) in addition to another charge at the same station which would indicate topping off her car---all this before crossing over into AZ.

Could you or another trial watcher tell me if she actually poured any of this into her gas tank to get her into Mesa and then up into Utah? Or in her "fog" she drove into any gas station and blew her plan not to be traceable in Arizona?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#485 Apr 22, 2013
Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I got in from work, checked out hlntv.com and mediaite.com , googled for news of trial today 4/22, and nothing. So did they announce on Friday or this morning that there would be no trial today?
JM has Jodi's credit card charge for 15.1 or 15.2 gallons (works for 3 five gallon gas cans) in addition to another charge at the same station which would indicate topping off her car---all this before crossing over into AZ.
Could you or another trial watcher tell me if she actually poured any of this into her gas tank to get her into Mesa and then up into Utah? Or in her "fog" she drove into any gas station and blew her plan not to be traceable in Arizona?
It was announced at the end of court that there would be no proceedings in this case today.

As for the gas cans and charges for gas, there is no telling if Arias poured them in to the rental car gas tank. It is my assumption she did because there were no charges for gas in the state of Arizona. Doing Google maps, it is approximately 387 miles from Pasadena to Mesa and another 669 or 723 miles (depending on the highway taken) from Mesa to Salt Lake City. I think it was in SLC that she gassed up again, but I cannot remember exactly.
Buddy

Johnson City, TN

#486 Apr 22, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
did you see the time stamp of the memory card?
Did you listen to the the ME report of the sequence of events?
He was stabbed first. The gun shot happened so late in proceedings he may have already been dead.
Travis was a closer for a multi level marketing company that essentially scams friends. Of course his friends like him. It is a pyramid scheme.
Travis was having difficulty keeping his house, wasn't he, according to an email or IM he sent JA? I think both he and Jodi were in difficulty in all areas of their lives.
Even though I believe Jodi premeditated his murder and actually deserves the death penalty, I think she will more likely receive a guilty verdict on first degree murder but with life in prison.
Buddy

Johnson City, TN

#487 Apr 22, 2013
Also Pharmabill, even if she somehow momentarily blinded him, he would have had hands to his face under the stream of water trying to clear his vision, and she would have had a difficult time having a clear shot for that really damaging deep puncture to his center chest.
I am having a tough time with the sequence of gun shot and stabs, but it would in no way inhibit my guilty verdict/first degree murder if I were a juror.

Since: Jan 13

Merrylands, Australia

#488 Apr 22, 2013
Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
This going to sound like a whacky conspiracy theory, but I think she managed to perhaps use pics from another day and time stamp them to meet the little play she was trying to pull off. I don't believe she did everything in 2 minutes or less. She proved it only by a camera. I think she intended the pics to be seen.
So, if his roommate saw him at 6 p.m., no way she killed him at 5:30 p.m. It would have had to have happened later along with the clean up.
She was in good shape and told him that she had been running. For runners, it would be nothing to park a car elsewhere and run. I believe she had been planning this for quite some time. Maybe I just need more coffee and a time out.
I wondered if the camera was set to cancun time which would give her an extra hour to tidy up.
I know she was there because of the bloody palm print. you would think if she cleaned up that she would have rubbed down those hallway smears where the handprint was. A stray hair could be explained away.
I listened to the interview with flores. A couple of things bothered me. She said that it is better if people think it is just her. Flores was asking for a second name. The other statement was "he just wouldn't die". I swing between thinking she got some guy on board to help her to thinking that the ninja story was true. Ashley Thompson's suicide is weird. How did she manage to shoot herself in the top/back of head?
Ashley pointed the finger at her ex husband.

Merrylands, Australia

#489 Apr 22, 2013
Buddy wrote:
Also Pharmabill, even if she somehow momentarily blinded him, he would have had hands to his face under the stream of water trying to clear his vision, and she would have had a difficult time having a clear shot for that really damaging deep puncture to his center chest.
I am having a tough time with the sequence of gun shot and stabs, but it would in no way inhibit my guilty verdict/first degree murder if I were a juror.
If the prosecution wants us to believe the stab was first then why go to the trouble of stealing the gun?
It makes way more sense to shoot first, the gun doesn't do the job and she has to improvise.
I just think it isn't a tidy package. Plus the timeline is so short because of those photos that I can't believe she did it by herself. If she planned to kill him then her photos on his new camera is the dumbest thing to do. The police would find the new camera in its box and look for receipt, talk to friends about his plans for the camera. That is why I don't think the photos are staged.

Merrylands, Australia

#490 Apr 22, 2013
Observant observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Jodi wouldn't take full credit for Travis death if someone else had been involved. The place was not cleaned up all that well. There was blood almost everywhere in that bathroom. The thing that Jodi must have been most concerned and worried about was the camera, which is why she tossed it into the washer with a few articles of bloody clothing and towels she used to mop up some of the blood. She thought she had destroyed the camera and the photos when she ran it through a wash cycle. Too bad for her that it didn't, eh?
go back and read Flores report.
The housemates thought things were normal on 4th but on 5th it looked as though the house had been cleaned. The bannister on the stairs was clean.

Merrylands, Australia

#491 Apr 22, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
I've never read that someone saw him alive at 6p that evening. Why would the State bother with the 5:29p photos evidence if it had been disproved through testimony? Which roommate saw him at 6p?
Enrique

you can read Detective Flores reports online with his interviews with others.
Buddyette

Johnson City, TN

#492 Apr 22, 2013
From Adele's "Rolling in the Deep"

"(You're gonna wish you never had met me) We could've had it all
We could've had it all (Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
It all, it all, it all,(You're gonna wish you never had met me)
We could have had it all (You're gonna wish you never had met me)
Rolling in the deep (Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
You had my heart inside of your hand (You're gonna wish you never had met me)
And you played it to the beat (Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)

We could've had it all (You're gonna wish you never had met me)
Rolling in the deep (Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
You had my heart inside your hand (You're gonna wish you never had met me)
But you played it, you played it, you played it, you played it
To the beat!"

Adele was played and left behind by someone she was in love with. She turned her anger into a song that helped make millions for her.

I have a friend who said Travis "needed killing". Yes, there are the narcissistic phonies who play us and who probably deserve it, but we don't do it. We chalk it up as an education and leave them way behind us---alive.

Merrylands, Australia

#493 Apr 22, 2013
Observant observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Jodi wouldn't take full credit for Travis death if someone else had been involved. The place was not cleaned up all that well. There was blood almost everywhere in that bathroom. The thing that Jodi must have been most concerned and worried about was the camera, which is why she tossed it into the washer with a few articles of bloody clothing and towels she used to mop up some of the blood. She thought she had destroyed the camera and the photos when she ran it through a wash cycle. Too bad for her that it didn't, eh?
on youtube you can see her interview with flores. Look for the one in the orange jumpsuit.
At about 4 minutes Flores tries to get her to cough up another name and she said something to the effect "It is better if people think I did this by myself"

Merrylands, Australia

#494 Apr 22, 2013
Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it, what were you doing at 5:00 5 days ago? I can't remember what I was doing day before yesterday.
enrique who gave the confusing report to Flores, caught a bus home from work. So the time he finishes and the time to get home is pretty much set in stone.
I think the police were given a name and didn't work too hard after that.
Flores seemed to think it was the work of several people and I do think it is a lot of work for one person let alone a single woman. I know she might be fit and strong but he was a big muscular guy that worked out too.
There was no other DNA found but in her interviews with Flores she said I would have used gloves. I don't think I could kill him with a knife. It would take too much to over power him.(paraphrased) Myabe she got help and the ninja outfit is true so there would be no stray dna. There are two images of Travis in the shower where he is looking at the camera and he doesn't look happy in either one. He knew she was there. If I was being held at gun point in the shower for 8 minutes I would be thinking furiously how to overcome the other person.
Buddyette

Johnson City, TN

#495 Apr 22, 2013
Jodi's testimony was so ridiculous. She shot him in the head, which would discombobulate the victim at least, but Travis had the presence of mind to keep HER AT THE CENTER OF HIS FOCUS and remember that he needed to f***ing kill her instead of calling off his mad spell and go inspect and get some ice for his head.
That poor idiot Jodi. In her view of the world NOTHING should get in the way of Jodi being at the center of everything.
Was that the Unified Theory of Everything that Einstein was looking for?

Merrylands, Australia

#496 Apr 22, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text> when you live with roomates it's not uncommon to lock your room when you leave. Did the roomates have to pass by his room to get to thiers? The shower. Looked far from the door I. Don't knoww if you could smell it outside his door.
Mimi noticed it and Flores definitely noticed it when they entered the house.
Lexington

Bristol, IN

#497 Apr 22, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saw this, Lex. I don't keep a journal, I like to stay way under the radar.
It is a routine. I think I had salmon?
Yum, but will you testify to it...lol
really

United States

#498 Apr 22, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
Mimi noticed it and Flores definitely noticed it when they entered the house.
I ddidnt see that testimony. In that case, I would like to hear why the roommates didn't.

Merrylands, Australia

#499 Apr 22, 2013
whats up wrote:
<quoted text> how did she close & lock bedroom door with blood all over her hands that she didn't notice until she emerged from fog
How did she walk on the white carpet and not leave any bloody footprints? Remember the image of the foot and travis neck streaming? There was light/white coloured carpet upstairs in his bedroom, the lounge area outside his bedroom and on the stairs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gettysburg considers school resource officer 20 min cracka 8
Arizona political leaders' response to Obama's ... 26 min Asian Guy 5
Red tags coming off Ukiah's Palace Hotel 38 min Here Is One 8
Obama says executive order on immigration legal... 52 min Asian Guy 1
Republicans challenge Obama's executive actions... 1 hr Le Jimbo 57
Elgin Community College Prof. Charged With Assault (Jan '10) 3 hr girl_X 12
St. Louis County fortifies police headquarters ... 5 hr da white troll 1

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE