Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi ...

Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

There are 687 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 8, 2013, titled Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#315 Apr 5, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
But why is she a pathological liar?
It gets her into places she wants to be and out of tight spots when she's cornered. She's a sociopath, not a compulsive liar. Compulsive liars lie about everything, with no motive. It's a learned behavior. Sociopaths lie to influence their situation.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#316 Apr 5, 2013
Cock a Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
When asked why she did not dial 911 after she left, she said she was ashamed of how she acted, but she was so terrified of the ninja male/female killers and that she had only escaped because the gun jammed when they put it to her head. When did she come up with this fabrication or was she hallucinating at the time of the murders? I
She didn't dial 911 because she believed she could outsmart the system and get away with it. She came up with the ninja fabrication pretty quickly after the one where she hadn't seen him since April and would never hurt him. Both were designed to cover up her actions and deflect blame.
She spins the detailed story and swears to it, then when she realizes it isn't going to be believed, she comes up with another one. And then another one.

This woman never skipped a beat after she murdered a man brutally. She felt no remorse, and believed in her manipulation skills enough to feel no fear. Her mother asked how, if she did this, could she have acted so normal after returning from Utah sa couple of days afterward?

That's a good question, but her parents knew the answer long ago. The answer is that she's a sociopath and doesn't ever think about how her actions affect others.
LA Guy

United States

#317 Apr 5, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
so it is definitely the prosecutor not the DA? I just wonder since Mesa is a Mormon town whether there was a bit of political pressure applied.
All semantics, all same...Prosecutor, DA, County Atty

In Maricopa Country, where the City of Mesa is located in, I believe the elected prosecutor and the man in charge, is called the Maricopa County Atty. Think of Mesa, as greater Phoneix, wich I beleive is now the 5th largest City inb the USA. Mesa has a lot of clout, making up a Lake City (Utah), the largest Mormon population.

I have posted previously as to this being a Manslaughter case and probably would have been charged as such, in the Barrio/Ghetto of Phoenix, if it had went down among lover combatants in these neighborhoods, even if they there was some technical premeditation.

In LA for years, some battered Sistas would boil up a concoction of water and mallasse (Ghetto Napalm) and pour it on the dude when he was sleeping.
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#318 Apr 5, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't dial 911 because she believed she could outsmart the system and get away with it. She came up with the ninja fabrication pretty quickly after the one where she hadn't seen him since April and would never hurt him. Both were designed to cover up her actions and deflect blame.
She spins the detailed story and swears to it, then when she realizes it isn't going to be believed, she comes up with another one. And then another one.
This woman never skipped a beat after she murdered a man brutally. She felt no remorse, and believed in her manipulation skills enough to feel no fear. Her mother asked how, if she did this, could she have acted so normal after returning from Utah sa couple of days afterward?
That's a good question, but her parents knew the answer long ago. The answer is that she's a sociopath and doesn't ever think about how her actions affect others.
The challenge she is going to have is that when 48 Hours interviewed her, she was still attractive or at least she knew how to apply her makeup to enhance her looks and she was small/petite. I have compared her to Karla Faye Tucker because Karla Faye Tucker was also petite but still managed to deal fatal blows with a pick axe to two people. The reason given for doing this to her first victim was because he was making a gurgling sound due to an injury inflicted by someone with her and she wanted that gurgling noise to stop. Someone mentioned that maybe she shot Travis because she couldn't stand listening to him die and wanted to expedite the process plus didn't want to leave until she was certain he was eradicated from this planet. I think the gunshot to the head was insurance that even if he lived, he would not be able to implicate her.

Karla tried to blame her childhood and later she tried to blame being under the influence of drugs. Her case drew worldwide attention, but in the end she was put to death here in Texas. There have been other women put to death in Texas, but Karla was the first case in a very long time. She even managed to marry a Chaplain, but it didn't save her. She claimed she only wanted to be spared death so she could continue her prison ministry. I see Jodi also trying to paint the picture that she is religious. I don't buy it for a moment.
LA Guy

United States

#319 Apr 5, 2013
typo

Salt Lake City, Utah, largest Mormon population, Mesa Az comes in second

next typo

water and mollasses (sugar)
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#320 Apr 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
typo
Salt Lake City, Utah, largest Mormon population, Mesa Az comes in second
next typo
water and mollasses (sugar)
Jodi should have watched one of the Madea movies where the woman was actually physically abused and controlled by her fiancee. Madea told her she needed a pan of hot grits and a cast iron skillet with a good balance on it. She said you sweetly make breakfast of hot grits and then when they come to get them, you sling the hot grits on them. This stuns them and then you go to work on them with the skillet. I realize JA is not African American. Since you seem to be so up on different cultures, what would be the South American equivalent to the slinging of hot grits followed by a frying pan repeatedly to the body?

I don't believe Jodi is Mormon and only used that ruse to reel in naive Mormon boys. I say boys because of the immaturity and naiveté of b.s. like if you have sex underwater in the bathtub, God can't see that and it doesn't count. If you have oral/anal sex, it doesn't count because that can't create a baby or eternal family bond and you can still maintain your virginity. So much b.s., so little time.
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#321 Apr 5, 2013
Trivia time - Jodi's parents

William Arias 63
Sandy Arias 55

Now on with opening arguments from whiny Willmott.
Oh, please, Ms. Willmott please explain in excruciating detail what a Temple member is...no alcohol, no tobacco, no stimulants and no sex of any kind without the benefit of marriage.

I guess if you take trips away from where you live, God can't see the naughty things you do. You know, like the guys who think as long as you aren't cheating in the same town where you live with your life, it doesn't count.
Think military guys who are away from their families and cheat.

Oh, now Willmott is whining about how oral sex is not as much a sin as vaginal sex. Has she watched too much "Big Love"? Think Bill and Barb Hendrickson who laughed about "oral is moral" ...In that series, Bill followed the principle and had multiple wives. That show was popular until the Eldorado incident happened in Texas. Did anyone here watch the popular HBO series titled "Big Love"?
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#322 Apr 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Would like to see the pic of her on his bed.
This is a crime of passion, not a 1st degree capital murder case. A plea to a low level manslaughter, about a 5-7 year sentence would be appropriate.
Travis played the Svengali Dom, sexually cruel at times, with this demure fragile Latina. The age old tragedy played out again on the stage of life.
Keep in mind, that Travis went by the moniker of Top Dog.
How can you negate the evidence that Arias stole a gun, got gas cans so she wouldn't be on video at gas pumps, flipped her license plate upside down on her rental car, colored her hair, turned off her cell phone so they couldn't trace her cell phone to cell towers in Arizona and on and on? She had to drive for days to get from Yreka to Mesa Arizona. She claims she was already in Los Angeles (lucky you) and that it was not that far out of her way to swing by Travis's house in Mesa Arizona before traveling on to Salt Lake City, Utah. Has she ever heard of air travel? When Travis was going to meet her, I think he was going to fly. Her long trip with the trail of receipts tells the tale.

Travis was a senior associate in PPL according to one of his segments shown. What level did Jodi achieve in PPL?
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#323 Apr 5, 2013
Cock A Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason given for doing this to her first victim was because he was making a gurgling sound due to an injury inflicted by someone with her and she wanted that gurgling noise to stop. Someone mentioned that maybe she shot Travis because she couldn't stand listening to him die and wanted to expedite the process plus didn't want to leave until she was certain he was eradicated from this planet.\
Interesting. We have a local case coming up that involves a 21-year old woman who shot her 29 year old boyfriend 6 times in self defense. She was a pretty nobody, he had just opened a law firm, she was obsessed, they broke up, he was going on a date at 9p, she drove an hour and a half and surprised him at his house at 7p, he told her to leave, and she shot him 6 times. First in the face (she told the cops he was vain and she gave him the nose job he always wanted) and then the rest of the shots were "because I couldn't stand to watch him twitching". She went out on the deck for 30 minutes, then called 911. When they got there, she was sitting on the deck singing.

Her attorney told the media that "the only thing Shayna is guilty of is poor taste in men".

Everyone she ever had contact with stated she was strange, very literate, a good musician, narcissistic and just generally inappropriate responses and reactions.

Picture of the 2 in happier times:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1... !/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/ derivatives

Does any of this look/sound familiar?
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#324 Apr 5, 2013
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#325 Apr 5, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. We have a local case coming up that involves a 21-year old woman who shot her 29 year old boyfriend 6 times in self defense. She was a pretty nobody, he had just opened a law firm, she was obsessed, they broke up, he was going on a date at 9p, she drove an hour and a half and surprised him at his house at 7p, he told her to leave, and she shot him 6 times. First in the face (she told the cops he was vain and she gave him the nose job he always wanted) and then the rest of the shots were "because I couldn't stand to watch him twitching". She went out on the deck for 30 minutes, then called 911. When they got there, she was sitting on the deck singing.
Her attorney told the media that "the only thing Shayna is guilty of is poor taste in men".
Everyone she ever had contact with stated she was strange, very literate, a good musician, narcissistic and just generally inappropriate responses and reactions.
Picture of the 2 in happier times:
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1... !/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/ derivatives
Does any of this look/sound familiar?
Thanks so much because it makes a case that Arias might have shot Travis because he wasn't dying quickly enough to suit her. He was so uncooperative. I have heard it's difficult to watch someone die if it has never happened to you before. She was so upset she continued on with her trip to Utah to canoodle with her next Mormon victim. I bet the Mormon young men will stick with their own kind, good Mormon girls who were raised Mormon and actually value family, getting married, being a mom, cooking, cleaning and raising a family in the faith. He never should have taken one bite of that rotten apple.
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#326 Apr 5, 2013
LaViolette has stepped into it, it seems, as far as her speaking career. Her weekend engagements have been cancelled by the promoters because they "don't want to deal with the fallout".
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#327 Apr 5, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
LaViolette has stepped into it, it seems, as far as her speaking career. Her weekend engagements have been cancelled by the promoters because they "don't want to deal with the fallout".
Thank you so much for this information. I will probably smile all evening. She needs to fall off her high horse. She's as full of b.s. as Jodi.
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#328 Apr 5, 2013
http://www.change.org/petitions/end-abuse-lon...

Feel the burn, Alyce. Feel the burn.
Is that why she left court early on one day this week? Since she seems to be media illiterate, I guess she wouldn't know a text message if it bit it in her behind.

Juan Martinez is going to mop the floor with her.
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#329 Apr 5, 2013
I think Alyce has some kind of intestinal or kidney problem based on the number of times she asks to take a break during testimony. I guess there could be other reasons she needs to break often.

She had to know that abused women would take offense at her testimony and that positioning herself for battle with the prosecutor would be disaster. She gave a figure of the number of times she'd testified as an expert, and it was relatively high.

If there had been abuse in this case, she would have done well and performed a service. She probably has in other cases. The fact that she tried to put Jodi Arias on the same level as the women who have literally crawled into shelters begging for help and been afraid to look out a window was her downfall.
wasSnowWhiteAbus ed

United States

#330 Apr 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a chuckle out of you, definately an inquiring mind, seeing things that most miss..talk later about the Karla Faye case and I understand your point
Have stated previously, that I'm a proponet of the DP, but the Arias matter is a simple Manslaughter case
Simple Manslaughter, I think not. Stole a gun, drove a 1000 miles out of the way with filled gas cans in the trunk, shot him once, stabbed him some 20 times, slit him neck from ear to ear, drug his body into the shower and rinsed it off, gathered the bedding and put it in the washer, with the camera, then got the gun, knife, rope and her other crap and put it in the car and lost it somewhere between Mesa and SLC. There is nothing "simple manslaughter" about that.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#331 Apr 5, 2013
I am not too proud to admit I was 'snowed' by LaViolette. Initially, I thought she really was doing a service for battered women. With the amount of time she spent on the stand, she ended up seeming like she was in it more for herself (fame or infamy, a plus for her future engagements). Heck, and I even thought she was slightly better than Samuels, but now I think they are both the same.

Neither LaViolette nor Samuels sought outside information other than what the defense provided to them. Exactly how thorough is that? Maybe that is how it works, you work with limited sources and then give your word on it. I just find it hard to give much credibility to both so-called professionals' findings.
LA Guy

United States

#332 Apr 5, 2013
wasSnowWhiteAbused wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple Manslaughter, I think not. Stole a gun, drove a 1000 miles out of the way with filled gas cans in the trunk, shot him once, stabbed him some 20 times, slit him neck from ear to ear, drug his body into the shower and rinsed it off, gathered the bedding and put it in the washer, with the camera, then got the gun, knife, rope and her other crap and put it in the car and lost it somewhere between Mesa and SLC. There is nothing "simple manslaughter" about that.
Once Again, please take note:

It is not ucommon for Battered Women to pre-arms themselves, drive aimelessly, and engage in a variety of irritational activities, prior to an incident, if one occurs at all. Many go through this routine and do not violenty engage their lover, unless another incident occurs that sets them off. Some pre-arm themselves as what they ill conceive as an Insurance Policy, last resort lifesaver. Granted, all bordering on insanity. When they do snap, even gruesome overkill in not uncommon.

Jody's actions did not occur in a vacuum. Turbulent sex fueled relationshipt with TA. Kinky element of tying, verbal abuse, agressive dominat sex play. She did not sneak up on him, he let her in as usual and they played games for hours.

Something happen in the last Fifteen minutes, as is usual and common when one of the lovers is pushed over the edge and snaps.

Now, do you understand why this is a Manslaughter case.

hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#333 Apr 5, 2013
Hi, Rose, good to see you on tonight.

I liked her at first, too. At this point I'm not even interested in her cross - I just want to stop looking at her.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#334 Apr 5, 2013
LOL, hybrid! I always enjoy your posts. I find you to be very kind and not "biting" in to some of the crap people post. You have set a good example for me and I will do my best not to bite.

I still want to watch Martinez cross examine LaViolette just to see how she reacts. I remember her saying in her testimony that "behaviour is evidence." If she truly believes that, then she ought to know Arias pulled the wool over her eyes, as an "expert witness" and professional.

I have been enjoying watching human behaviour throughout this whole trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's deportation plan could significantly im... 21 min Wildchild 1
News Days after election, mayors pledge to protect u... 39 min Well Well 53
News Congressional panel recommends charges against ... 1 hr Philosophic 5
News One more sentenced in deacon drug-ring case 1 hr butters_ 12
News Baker says he will fight for sanctuary cities 1 hr WasteWater 17
News How Trump's deportation plan threatens America'... 1 hr WasteWater 4
News How Trump can reset the Supreme Court's agenda 6 hr WasteWater 47
More from around the web