A change of culture at Fitchburg Poli...

A change of culture at Fitchburg Police Dept. - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 274 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Nov 28, 2010, titled A change of culture at Fitchburg Police Dept. - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

A cultural sea change has taken place at the Fitchburg Police Department over the past few years, thanks in large part to Chief Robert DeMoura's steady leadership and Mayor Lisa Wong's firm resolve and vision to bring about broader change in Fitchburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

The red pickup

AOL

#116 Dec 5, 2010
For Your Information wrote:
<quoted text>What connection does he have to be parked at the police station? Does he have a son working there. This isn't the same Gerry Martel who ran over Captain Louney on Main street?
I know that the person that I seen driving that truck was not 80 years old! I can't believe that this guy ran Captain Louney over!
So who else drives this truck? Whoever was driving that truck was at the police station in the front row. You have to be up on the ladder to have a parking spot in the second row! I believe it was second shift!
That's Gerry, he's a member of the citizens of patrol. He patrols the city in the patrol Blazer SUV several nights per week,we should have more people like him. He cought one of the gang banger drug lords I'm told.
zing

Mount Morris, MI

#117 Dec 5, 2010
the big shake down decade wrote:
<quoted text>Along with that link that I have left for you to check out concerning State Trooper pay. Here is a story for you, my friend the cop!
I was wondering that you may like my other post. Let me give you a break down. I was stating that my friend recieved a speeding ticket for doing 65 in a 55 at the lowell connector where it splits off. They had three cruisers that had six cars pulled over that day at this spot.
My friends score went from a 99 (perfect) to an 02. Under a 99 he would pay from $750-$1,100 for full coverage in one year. Under the 02, he has to pay $1,400 minimum for the same coverage.So he will spend an extra $4000 plus the cost of the ticket over six years. Now his insurance company that he had for roughly five years would not reinstate him due to this ticket! LMAO.
That isn't bad, my nephew they want $4,500 from him for insurance this year. He is 20 and had one accident. He slid on ice and hit a pole as many had to be towed out of the ditch on 495 that day. Well he recieved $2,600 for his totaled car which $600 he just spent for brand new tires at Sears! So since then he has spent roughly $4,400 for insurance and he has 4 more years of paying top rate.So he will pay $18,000 plus the $4,400 which totals $22,400 over six years if he doesn't cost them anymore money!
I need to add of course. Now if any of us were cops then we could of easily had the speeding ticket fixed and the accident! So for one ticket a cop saves $4,000 if he gets it fixed. Now let me ask you, over the last six years how many tickets did you have taken care of or wasn't given one because of who you know or who you are? Man, if it's only two tickets your benefit would be $8,000! Not bad; maybe I should get one of those state police support stickers,HUH?
Oh my points are at 02 also as I had an inspection violation. I lent my brother my truck on the conditions that he would get an inspection sticker as I had just paid $650 for the needed repair to pass. Well, he got pulled over and the statie stated, "so, you don't like cops ..." and he stated that he just borrowed my truck! I got a sticker the very next day! So now I have to pay that extra $4000 because the statie thought I didn't like cops! Nice huh? LMAO!!
I scored a 99 on the state police exam but wasn't excepted as there was an equal opportunity law in place where an hispanic woman could score a 85 and get accepted before me. I am not complaining as I agree with this law. An average score of an FPD member on this test would be a 97, I believe? They ask you questions like if an elderly lady was crossing the street outside of the crosswalk do you A) Run her over B) Shoot her C) Yell at her and splash her with water or D) Allow her to cross safetly, by putting on the flashers and then pull over and give her a citation for jay walking? I wonder if this is one of the three questions that the fpd member got wrong??
Hahaha I knew there was a reason that you were so upset!
The red pickup

AOL

#118 Dec 5, 2010
If you think his pickup is nice you should see his other snazzy cars. He's always been a trendsetter.
Car buff

Gardner, MA

#119 Dec 5, 2010
The red pickup wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Gerry, he's a member of the citizens of patrol. He patrols the city in the patrol Blazer SUV several nights per week,we should have more people like him. He cought one of the gang banger drug lords I'm told.
You're right about Martel, he's a pillar of the community. He owns all that property down there, the least the city can do is cut him some slack with his parking habits. He has a few of those low plates, I'm surprised you're working so hard on here to draw attention to his truck, you've been trying for weeks and haven't been to succesful.
The red pickup

AOL

#120 Dec 5, 2010
Car buff wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about Martel, he's a pillar of the community. He owns all that property down there, the least the city can do is cut him some slack with his parking habits. He has a few of those low plates, I'm surprised you're working so hard on here to draw attention to his truck, you've been trying for weeks and haven't been to succesful.
This person is on a mission, he's cute but you're correct about him working hard, thanks for the tip.
fire zone violator

Maynard, MA

#121 Dec 6, 2010
The red pickup wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Gerry, he's a member of the citizens of patrol. He patrols the city in the patrol Blazer SUV several nights per week,we should have more people like him. He cought one of the gang banger drug lords I'm told.
Well, you have answered a few questions for me! The guy that I seen getting out and in that truck was not 83 years old! Someone else must drive that truck. As far as he recieving a break for parking in the Left lane? NO WAY! The truck needs to be ticketed for that! Didn't this guy hit Captain Louney?LMAO! It was in front of expressos wasn't it? Did they have a beef with each other or something? What is that story?
As far as his cars, yes he does have nice cars! I have heard that he is a landlord. He is a smart investor in real estate. It is great money,real estate! But as far as the city giving him a break? NO WAY! He parked in the LEFT lane on Main street during rush hour! No one can do this,NO ONE as it is dangerous for one and obstructive for another! But he wasn't the driver as the driver was much younger! It must of been his son!
fire zone violator

Maynard, MA

#122 Dec 6, 2010
Car buff wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about Martel, he's a pillar of the community. He owns all that property down there, the least the city can do is cut him some slack with his parking habits. He has a few of those low plates, I'm surprised you're working so hard on here to draw attention to his truck, you've been trying for weeks and haven't been to succesful.
So, let me get this right; he owns a lot of property so he should be able to break the law? Or does he have the right to break the law because he called the police on a few people?

A lot I am getting back in information is putting things together for me! What is this mans credentials to be able to drive a police vehicle and make calls into the station?

See McNamarra stated that the citizen on patrol had called on me and my friend! If this is the same guy then he owes me an apology for his trouble causing behavior! I don't care how much this guy is worth! Unlike most of you people out here!

Is he related to that guy who stabbed his kids and one to death in Fitchburg?

So let me ask you,if I have multiple properties can I park in the left lane on main street? You call this a pillar? Someone who arrogantly parks there vehicles in the fire lane hampering the fire engines from making a faster and smoother swing in an emergency is a pillar?

So the Hispanic guy who rents the apartment across the street and goes to work everyday, supports his family of four,goes to church three times a week, teaches his kids great manners and is a good husband. Should this Hispanic guy be able to park in the fire lane and be able to park in the left lane on main street?

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS CLIQUE! THEY ARE ALL ARROGANT, A LOT RACIST, SELF SERVING AND CORRUPT! Does a pillar lead by example? Are pillars only white rich men?? I'd like to be a fly on the wall as they answer and chuckle to their answer on this one!
fire zone violator

Maynard, MA

#123 Dec 6, 2010
Car buff wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about Martel, he's a pillar of the community. He owns all that property down there, the least the city can do is cut him some slack with his parking habits. He has a few of those low plates, I'm surprised you're working so hard on here to draw attention to his truck, you've been trying for weeks and haven't been to succesful.
So all pillars of the community can park in the fire lane in front of the fire station! All pillars of the community can park on the left side driving lane during rush hour! Now this is the guy who ran Captain Louney over?

Now if I were a citizen on patrol this call to 911 would of been a no brainer? They reported this article like he didn't know Captain Louney! So I can run someone over and still be called a pillar? What if I was a Hispanic person who had run Captain Louney over? Would Mr.Martels friends call him a drug dealing punk,gangster and low life welfare collecting...? You guys all post these things about people in Fitchburg that are Hispanic so I am just wondering if there are any Hispanic pillars??

I would say that the man across the streets is a pillar but I still wouldn't state that he deserves illegal parking privileges! You are almost stating that if someone had to throw the brakes on hitting his truck and started yelling at this pillar that the fpd would back Martel as he is a pillar??

So, we now know that the head of the clique is called a pillar! How about arrogant,disrespective and a trouble maker??
Why

Fitchburg, MA

#124 Dec 6, 2010
why do you always mention kids in your posts
is their something wrong with you
zing

Mount Morris, MI

#125 Dec 6, 2010
Why wrote:
why do you always mention kids in your posts
is their something wrong with you
Creepy!
hipocrites

Maynard, MA

#126 Dec 6, 2010
Why wrote:
why do you always mention kids in your posts
is their something wrong with you
Why don't you state yourself,punk? You are a pedophile. You and your buddy zing! Toughen up,Punk!
Agent J

AOL

#127 Dec 6, 2010
Oh oh, somebody ate his tough pills this morning!
The red pickup

AOL

#128 Dec 6, 2010
fire zone violator wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you have answered a few questions for me! The guy that I seen getting out and in that truck was not 83 years old! Someone else must drive that truck. As far as he recieving a break for parking in the Left lane? NO WAY! The truck needs to be ticketed for that! Didn't this guy hit Captain Louney?LMAO! It was in front of expressos wasn't it? Did they have a beef with each other or something? What is that story?
As far as his cars, yes he does have nice cars! I have heard that he is a landlord. He is a smart investor in real estate. It is great money,real estate! But as far as the city giving him a break? NO WAY! He parked in the LEFT lane on Main street during rush hour! No one can do this,NO ONE as it is dangerous for one and obstructive for another! But he wasn't the driver as the driver was much younger! It must of been his son!
I checked into it, you're right it was Gerry Jr.They share the truck.
The red pickup

AOL

#129 Dec 6, 2010
fire zone violator wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let me get this right; he owns a lot of property so he should be able to break the law? Or does he have the right to break the law because he called the police on a few people?
A lot I am getting back in information is putting things together for me! What is this mans credentials to be able to drive a police vehicle and make calls into the station?
See McNamarra stated that the citizen on patrol had called on me and my friend! If this is the same guy then he owes me an apology for his trouble causing behavior! I don't care how much this guy is worth! Unlike most of you people out here!
Is he related to that guy who stabbed his kids and one to death in Fitchburg?
So let me ask you,if I have multiple properties can I park in the left lane on main street? You call this a pillar? Someone who arrogantly parks there vehicles in the fire lane hampering the fire engines from making a faster and smoother swing in an emergency is a pillar?
So the Hispanic guy who rents the apartment across the street and goes to work everyday, supports his family of four,goes to church three times a week, teaches his kids great manners and is a good husband. Should this Hispanic guy be able to park in the fire lane and be able to park in the left lane on main street?
THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS CLIQUE! THEY ARE ALL ARROGANT, A LOT RACIST, SELF SERVING AND CORRUPT! Does a pillar lead by example? Are pillars only white rich men?? I'd like to be a fly on the wall as they answer and chuckle to their answer on this one!
Gerry Sr. was appointed an honorary police Captain by former Mayor Chartrand, He's done much for the community.
AAA

Athol, MA

#130 Dec 6, 2010
hipocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you state yourself,punk? You are a pedophile. You and your buddy zing! Toughen up,Punk!
Its well apparent from other posts why you have this vendeta against cops, you couldn't become one. You got good marks on the tests but they didn't pick you, wonder why and thank God. Your on a mission against cops because your not one of them all your rants in other posts prove that. Get a life you insecure diddler. You spend hours on the web ranting about your mistrust for law enforcement. I bet you drive around in a used police car, come one admit it.
AAA

Athol, MA

#136 Dec 6, 2010
JRs clique lawbreaking wrote:
I may take a week off of the blogs what do you think? I miss my stalkers as they keep my blood going!
It tis the season so I do wish all the very best. Merry Christmas Mac and the rest of the clique!May you all have a Merry Christamass and a happy and safe New Years;seriously!
Just have an open mind as you write them tickets on the members of the clique as they have plenty of money to pay for the violations! Maybe the Chief can ticket these cars himself! Hey mac the clique will pay all the fines you write against them as they own all that property and nice cars, it will pay for your OT anyways!
You could either make a shrink a very rich person or you could make a shrink give up his/her practice after one session. You are one disturbed individual.
city Hipocrites

Maynard, MA

#137 Dec 7, 2010
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>Its well apparent from other posts why you have this vendeta against cops, you couldn't become one. You got good marks on the tests but they didn't pick you, wonder why and thank God. Your on a mission against cops because your not one of them all your rants in other posts prove that. Get a life you insecure diddler. You spend hours on the web ranting about your mistrust for law enforcement. I bet you drive around in a used police car, come one admit it.
I would punch your teeth into your lungs for calling me a diddler'how dare you! But words alone are not mitigating circumstances for self defense! So I will take you with a grain of salt as I consider the source,PUNK!
Gerry Jr

AOL

#138 Dec 7, 2010
city Hipocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
I would punch your teeth into your lungs for calling me a diddler'how dare you! But words alone are not mitigating circumstances for self defense! So I will take you with a grain of salt as I consider the source,PUNK!
Relax son, don't get all worked up. I'm gonna ask Pop if I can take the Rolls out today.
city Hipocrites

Maynard, MA

#139 Dec 7, 2010
Gerry Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax son, don't get all worked up. I'm gonna ask Pop if I can take the Rolls out today.
You really do think that this "rolls" makes you someone special? I hope you park it in the firelane in front of JRs so a fire truck can ram it into your little clique hangout! Or better yet, I hope you park it in the left lane on main st and a fed up citizen throws a molly top in it!

I don't drink but I would in order to toast the citizen that molly tops your car in the left lane! So has pop fixed all your tickets? Has pop fixed all your jams with the police growing up?

I knew you would be out here because you and your clique were posting before on the Venues situation! You guys are on a mission huh? Remember Karma will bite you in the a.s s little spoiled trouble maker!
AAA

Athol, MA

#140 Dec 7, 2010
city Hipocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
I would punch your teeth into your lungs for calling me a diddler'how dare you! But words alone are not mitigating circumstances for self defense! So I will take you with a grain of salt as I consider the source,PUNK!
You must be one tough motherbucker. Your all talk, in real life your probably about 5'4" 120lbs, stuffed in a locker in high school and the only date you ever had was with your right hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man claims he was fired because he is gay, file... 1 hr Delmar 888 6
News Supporters of Ohio charter-school reforms urge ... 6 hr They cannot kill ... 3
News Massena man faces 10 days in jail for punching ... 6 hr Forrest 4
News Vickers sentenced to 17 years for murder (Nov '09) 6 hr Friend 23
News Hogsett proposes free or reduced-cost housing f... 7 hr Wish 1
News Peggy Hubbard Exposes Hypocrisy of #blacklivesm... 15 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Alarming Tale of L.A. Sheriff's Officers 17 hr hoodcats 2
More from around the web