Polk officers to meet with West Side ...

Polk officers to meet with West Side group

There are 55 comments on the Cedartown Standard Plus story from Jul 12, 2012, titled Polk officers to meet with West Side group. In it, Cedartown Standard Plus reports that:

A bridge on Morgan Valley Road is located near West Side Community, which has boundaries in both Polk County and the City of Rockmart.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cedartown Standard Plus.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#50 Sep 27, 2012
B-Man wrote:
Only idiots who sit and watch cop shows all day would be naive enough to think otherwise.
Thats 90% of the country. lol!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#51 Sep 27, 2012
B-Man wrote:
Have to agree with MSO4 on this one. The cops highest priority is raising revenue, not fighting crime. They are nothing but tax collectors with blue lights. Only idiots who sit and watch cop shows all day would be naive enough to think otherwise.
What about the idiots that watch porn on mommys computer, like MSO4, I mean B-Man, I mean.....oh what's the difference? You're saying they're not naive enough to think otherwise, they're just stupid?
Shadow

AOL

#52 Sep 27, 2012
I've also got to agree with 04 on this one. Too much of what passes for law enforcement is little more than revenue generation.

Prime example: when you go through Hiram, the speed limit changes from 55 to 45 while you are going down a hill. If you are going 55 and let your foot off the gas, you're still going to pick up speed. The Hiram PD know this and they park in the skating rink parking lot and write ticket all day long.

The Rockmart PD did the same a few years back when the four lane dropped speed 65-55-45 within a half mile. Top the hill at the bridge and there they were.

A lot of towns jumped on the redlight camera scam and made millions until the legislature mandated an increase in the time delay between light changes. Cameras began losing money and most of them got yanked out - intersection at the Rome Home Depot for example.

I do think that most policemen are good guys and would much prefer to be catching criminals than writing tickets to Grandma. But, when the City Manager tells the police chief that revenues are down and then the chief tells the officers they need to step up traffic enforcement, EVERYONE knows what they are talking about. Write more tickets and generate more revenue.

Here's the economics: cop writes ten tickets on his shift, that's probably $1000+ in revenue for the city. Same cop catches bad guy crawling through my bedroom window, and now he spends the rest of the shift doing paperwork, transporting criminal to jail, etc. The bad guy gets public defender, and taxpayers have to pay for judges, jailers, room and board while locked up, probation officers, etc, etc.

You and I want the cop catching bad guys. Politicians and bureaucrats want cops writing tickets.

It's really that simple.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#53 Sep 27, 2012
mater head wrote:
<quoted text> What about the idiots that watch porn on mommys computer, like MSO4, I mean B-Man, I mean.....oh what's the difference? You're saying they're not naive enough to think otherwise, they're just stupid?
Who cares what you watch? Are you off of your meds again slick?

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#54 Sep 27, 2012
Shadow wrote:
Here's the economics: cop writes ten tickets on his shift, that's probably $1000+ in revenue for the city. Same cop catches bad guy crawling through my bedroom window, and now he spends the rest of the shift doing paperwork, transporting criminal to jail, etc. The bad guy gets public defender, and taxpayers have to pay for judges, jailers, room and board while locked up, probation officers, etc, etc.
You and I want the cop catching bad guys. Politicians and bureaucrats want cops writing tickets.
It's really that simple.
You said it much better than I ever could. Great post.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#55 Sep 27, 2012
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares what you watch? Are you off of your meds again slick?
Yep, you got me! I figured you could come up with something better than that, fat boy. Guess not.
Truth

Rome, GA

#56 Sep 27, 2012
Shadow wrote:
I've also got to agree with 04 on this one. Too much of what passes for law enforcement is little more than revenue generation.

Prime example: when you go through Hiram, the speed limit changes from 55 to 45 while you are going down a hill. If you are going 55 and let your foot off the gas, you're still going to pick up speed. The Hiram PD know this and they park in the skating rink parking lot and write ticket all day long.

The Rockmart PD did the same a few years back when the four lane dropped speed 65-55-45 within a half mile. Top the hill at the bridge and there they were.

A lot of towns jumped on the redlight camera scam and made millions until the legislature mandated an increase in the time delay between light changes. Cameras began losing money and most of them got yanked out - intersection at the Rome Home Depot for example.

I do think that most policemen are good guys and would much prefer to be catching criminals than writing tickets to Grandma. But, when the City Manager tells the police chief that revenues are down and then the chief tells the officers they need to step up traffic enforcement, EVERYONE knows what they are talking about. Write more tickets and generate more revenue.

Here's the economics: cop writes ten tickets on his shift, that's probably $1000+ in revenue for the city. Same cop catches bad guy crawling through my bedroom window, and now he spends the rest of the shift doing paperwork, transporting criminal to jail, etc. The bad guy gets public defender, and taxpayers have to pay for judges, jailers, room and board while locked up, probation officers, etc, etc.

You and I want the cop catching bad guys. Politicians and bureaucrats want cops writing tickets.

It's really that simple.
You're not even close.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#57 Oct 4, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not even close.
Thats it? And somehow I thought you might show us where he was wrong.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#58 Oct 4, 2012
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats it? And somehow I thought you might show us where he was wrong.
Nah, he just showed you where YOU'RE wrong, fat boy.
Truth

United States

#59 Oct 4, 2012
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats it? And somehow I thought you might show us where he was wrong.
It would be a waste of time telling him how he was wrong. There are just some people that can not accept that they do not have a clue about something even when they have zero experience in that field. It's like that little 13 year old that think they know everything and will not listen to their parents.
B-Man

Tallapoosa, GA

#60 Oct 5, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a waste of time telling him how he was wrong. There are just some people that can not accept that they do not have a clue about something even when they have zero experience in that field. It's like that little 13 year old that think they know everything and will not listen to their parents.
said the idiot imposter from Greer, SC. Usually when things don't go your way on here, you come back and pose as me or someone else and make juvenile comments against blacks and gays. All of which get promptly removed by the Topix staff. Talk about a 13 year old....lmao. Oh, and tell us about your "experience" in law enforcement. I'm guessing it involved you wearing an orange jumpsuit and becoming someone's beotch...lol.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#61 Oct 5, 2012
B-Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing it involved you wearing an orange jumpsuit and becoming someone's beotch...lol.
I figured him for a male badge bunny.
Black Knight X

Rockmart, GA

#62 Oct 5, 2012
MSO4 and/or B man dont have the nuts to be anything but bltchers and moaners.Neither of them work or pay taxes but I betcha that doesnt keep them from buying a case of 40 ouncers every month to compliment their carton of ciggys.Pathetic fat boy!
Truth

Rome, GA

#63 Oct 5, 2012
B-Man wrote:
<quoted text>said the idiot imposter from Greer, SC. Usually when things don't go your way on here, you come back and pose as me or someone else and make juvenile comments against blacks and gays. All of which get promptly removed by the Topix staff. Talk about a 13 year old....lmao. Oh, and tell us about your "experience" in law enforcement. I'm guessing it involved you wearing an orange jumpsuit and becoming someone's beotch...lol.
I don't know who Greer is. I don't agree with homosexuality but I will not talk badly about them. What they do doesn't hurt me so why should I care? I also haven't made negative comments about any race. As to law enforcement I am quite experienced in the field and on the correct side of the fence. I do like calling out the ignorant. Sorry if it hurt your feelings.
Truth

Rome, GA

#64 Oct 5, 2012
It's funny reading these posts from people who were so pathetic in school and couldn't make the football team. So now they are arm chair quarter backs and come on here and post about a field that they have zero knowledge about. It's so hilarious. It just makes my day and makes me realize how much smarter I am than some people. Keep up the good work guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study: 'Obamacare' repeal-only would make 30M u... 1 hr WasteWater 63
News Trump victory sets off a tsunami of lobbying ac... 2 hr Le Jimbo 8
News CBS' "The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey" Premieres O... 4 hr DedRed 948
News Can cities legally protect undocumented immigra... 6 hr Wildchild 1
News Hoops Not Crime initiative aimed at building be... (Jun '16) 7 hr Cops are degenerates 17
News Chiropractor pleads guilty to healthcare fraud ... 7 hr Buzzkill 2
News Former U.S. Border agent sentenced in attempted... 9 hr Just reading 32
More from around the web