Two-year-old dies in Connersville hou...

Two-year-old dies in Connersville house fire

There are 68 comments on the WTHR-TV Indianapolis story from Jul 30, 2013, titled Two-year-old dies in Connersville house fire. In it, WTHR-TV Indianapolis reports that:

A two-year-old girl died in a house fire in Connersville Tuesday afternoon. Connersville Fire Chief Troy Tipton tells Eyewitness News the girl died in a fire in a home near 12th and River streets in Connersville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHR-TV Indianapolis.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Beau2013

Addison, IL

#1 Jul 31, 2013
Such a tragedy, prayers for the family.
radio

Connersville, IN

#2 Jul 31, 2013
Listened to WIFE radio at noon. No mention at all of the fire. They probably pre-recorded the news and, without checking for updates, just keep replaying the same old stale stuff all day long.
urg

Connersville, IN

#3 Jul 31, 2013
this really happened. "same old stale stuff" great way to refer to the loss of a sweet childs life.
Mr Sexy

Connersville, IN

#4 Jul 31, 2013
i feel sorry for the family. i went to school with the dad and he is a very good person. prayers for the family
Lemonade

Connersville, IN

#5 Jul 31, 2013
Mr Sexy wrote:
i feel sorry for the family. i went to school with the dad and he is a very good person. prayers for the family
who is this family
radio

Connersville, IN

#6 Jul 31, 2013
urg wrote:
this really happened. "same old stale stuff" great way to refer to the loss of a sweet childs life.
You misinterpreted. "Same old stale stuff" refers to what they actually broadcasted, which had nothing to do with the fire or the child. Nobody should ever lose a child.
shame

Connersville, IN

#7 Jul 31, 2013
all my thoughts and prayers to that family they really need it now cuz noone should have to bury their own child i have been thru i know
rick

Fishers, IN

#8 Jul 31, 2013
May god shine his light on this family heal there broken hearts and take there baby girl in his arms and unite them one day god bless this family
shut the front door

Ashburn, VA

#9 Jul 31, 2013
So sad for all involved,
Computer Cowards

Noblesville, IN

#10 Aug 1, 2013
Who was the dumb a$$ who put the candles in the yard? Maybe you didn't realize a child just died in a FIRE!!! Next time someone dies in a car wreck make sure to put some matchbox cars around the accident scene!
rick

Louisville, KY

#11 Aug 1, 2013
Computer Cowards wrote:
Who was the dumb a$$ who put the candles in the yard? Maybe you didn't realize a child just died in a FIRE!!! Next time someone dies in a car wreck make sure to put some matchbox cars around the accident scene!
Do you not realize that there is symbolic references in lite candles do you know that there is a such thing as an eternal flame don't be posting your bull on here a 2 year old lost her life way to soon I have a 2 year old myself this is not the time or place to start crap so move on this family needs all the support they can get and if it means putting candles in the yard spelling out the little girls precious name than so be it . It's people like us that care who help others in our community people like you are cold hearted
Computer Cowards

Noblesville, IN

#12 Aug 1, 2013
It is disrespectful to a little girl who lost her life from a fire to light a fire 20 feet away from the spot she lost her life! I know about symbolize, do you know about irony?
child of God

Columbus, IN

#13 Aug 1, 2013
Computer Cowards wrote:
It is disrespectful to a little girl who lost her life from a fire to light a fire 20 feet away from the spot she lost her life! I know about symbolize, do you know about irony?
It is not disrespectful, this was done with love not hate! This family is grieving in a way that you could never understand unless you have been through it and I pray that no one has to know this pain because it is like no other you've ever experienced. Please stop putting hurtful things on these threads this family doesn't desire your remarks. If you want to help then write something good but your opinion is not needed if it's going to make this family shed any more tears then they already are! Please remove your hurtful post and only put positive ones on here for the family to see! They have a life time of grief ahead of them, don't make it any worse!
leave the family alone

Connersville, IN

#14 Aug 1, 2013
I agree that the candles were very sweet. the reason that everyone doesn't know about internal flame is because they don't go to church. some people would rather run their mouth on this gossip website, then to do anything good for them. my thoughts and prayers go out to that family and that poor baby. may God keep her and love her forever.
Gone too soon

Richmond, IN

#15 Aug 1, 2013
What a beautiful memorial of candles, stuffed animals, and toys. A group of young people all keeping a vigil for little Marley. There is so much evil in this world; so much tragedy, it is at times a struggle to go on and then a child is suddenly lost. I would suggest everyone would do as I did earlier this evening: go to the memorial; bring a stuffed animal or a candle; share the moment with the grieving family there, and pause and reflect on a young life that was taken from this world much to soon. It is times like these that we were not meant to be strangers toward one another. The family has suffered an unimaginable loss. Please be kind in your thoughts and actions. Open your hearts and show this family the care and compassion they need right now. Thank you.
Dee

Connersville, IN

#16 Aug 1, 2013
I know this family well, they are very good people and close to God. So please don't get on this site to start drama. This is a horrible innocent that took a beautiful baby girl away from us. The memorial is in good faith. My child and I stopped and left flowers we picked from our garden and a stuffed animal my child picked from her own to give to baby Marley. it's a beautiful and thoughtful memorial.
wondering

Loogootee, IN

#17 Aug 4, 2013
Was it ever reported what caused the fire. I have heard a couple different "stories", but wasn't sure if the cause was actually figured out yet. So sad, I don't know the parents but I can't imagine how they are feeling.
Computer Cowards

Noblesville, IN

#18 Aug 5, 2013
No one is going to say how it happened. I have heard the same story from four people, and one was CFD so I'm sure it is correct. Please stop lighting fires I'm remembrance o this young girl!
Stop Being That Guy

Richmond, IN

#19 Aug 5, 2013
Computer Cowards wrote:
No one is going to say how it happened. I have heard the same story from four people, and one was CFD so I'm sure it is correct. Please stop lighting fires I'm remembrance o this young girl!
HEY STUPID: TODAY WAS THE FUNERAL FOR THAT LITTLE GIRL. I PERSONALLY MET SOME OF THE FAMILY MEMBERS AT THE IMPROMPTU MEMORIAL BY THE HOME AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT THEY SUPPORT THE BURNING OF CANDLES IN REMEMBERANCE OF LITTLE MARLEY. IF IT DOESN'T BOTHER THE FAMILY; THEN SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND FIND ANOTHER SUBJECT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.
Computer Cowards

Noblesville, IN

#20 Aug 6, 2013
Wow, you insulted me and you used all caps! I'm sure I will listen to you. Since you were at the funeral did anyone mention how it happened? Didn't think so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-mayor of Sorrento sentenced to 40 years in p... 1 hr Common sense 2
News $280,000 salary at DHS has lawmakers talking 2 hr ConF 6
News Paddling teacher under fire (Aug '14) 7 hr MaltaMon 19
News Cop Who Allegedly Lied, Prepares For Trial 9 hr oh yes 16
News Maryland Senate expected to override governor, ... 11 hr tom 1
News GameStop Robber Sentenced to 9 Years: U.S. Atto... 11 hr heather 1
News Former head of Michigan's drinking water unit f... 16 hr Gabby1975 1
More from around the web