Questions remain with Carriage House

Nov 25, 2012 Full story: Observer 8

The noise level should return to normal next week for residents who live in the area of the Carriage House facility on Talcott Street in the city of Dunkirk.

Full Story
Carriage House Management

Buffalo, NY

#1 Nov 25, 2012
As many of you in the community know, Carriage House ceased operations last week in order for potential buyers to tour the facility in Dunkrk. Neither potential buyer was impressed noting the following:

The average age of the employees is 47 82% of the employees have an education of a HS Diploma, GED or less.

A review of city finance revealed keeping operations in Dunkirk would result in paying 53% more in taxes than they would in Kentucky

As one potential buyer put it "I just don't see how keeping this plant here is economically feasible, you're showing us a plant in the middle of the ghetto, dilapted buildings and houses,high crime rate, poor housing, deteriorating bridges and roads and you want us to pay a kings ransom compared to what we would pay else where, I just don't see it."

Both buyers agreed that bringing in potential vendors and business associates as customers would be a tough sell and as one put it "an embarrassment" given the current appearance of the city.

Both potential buyers agreed the tax rates and fees make it irrational to keep the facility operaing.
blah blah

Bellevue, WA

#2 Nov 25, 2012
Well well. Looks like the end of the road for 400 employees. hahahahaha
KY Hillbilly

Fredonia, NY

#3 Nov 25, 2012
blah blah wrote:
Well well. Looks like the end of the road for 400 employees. hahahahaha
Well we want them jobs down here,we dont do what them there union people did to them hostess and twinkie folks. Ya all come on down ya here.
Black Horse

Dunkirk, NY

#4 Nov 25, 2012
As much as I agree that the business climate in Dunkirk -- and New York State as a whole -- is wretched, the original post is quite obviously a work of fiction.
Right

Dunkirk, NY

#5 Nov 25, 2012
"Carraige House Management" is full of sh-t.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#6 Nov 28, 2012
ConAgra to require IQ test of all employees..400 people to be fired...
Jeff

Fredonia, NY

#7 Nov 29, 2012
Channel 7 is filming outside of Carriage house on Newton this second.
fire them all

Dunkirk, NY

#8 Nov 30, 2012
Conagra fire them all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massena man sentenced to prison for cocaine sale 1 hr fudded up 45
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 1 hr neveratfault 1,669
Ferguson Protests Forever 1 hr mike 1
Massena woman admits committing welfare fraud 11 hr Alo68 34
Madrid teenager jailed on sexual abuse charge (Jul '13) 12 hr you know nothing 23
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 12 hr L Morales 23
Tombigbee EPA change hits some hard 16 hr Frank 1
More from around the web