Questions remain with Carriage House

Nov 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Observer

The noise level should return to normal next week for residents who live in the area of the Carriage House facility on Talcott Street in the city of Dunkirk.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Carriage House Management

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

As many of you in the community know, Carriage House ceased operations last week in order for potential buyers to tour the facility in Dunkrk. Neither potential buyer was impressed noting the following:

The average age of the employees is 47 82% of the employees have an education of a HS Diploma, GED or less.

A review of city finance revealed keeping operations in Dunkirk would result in paying 53% more in taxes than they would in Kentucky

As one potential buyer put it "I just don't see how keeping this plant here is economically feasible, you're showing us a plant in the middle of the ghetto, dilapted buildings and houses,high crime rate, poor housing, deteriorating bridges and roads and you want us to pay a kings ransom compared to what we would pay else where, I just don't see it."

Both buyers agreed that bringing in potential vendors and business associates as customers would be a tough sell and as one put it "an embarrassment" given the current appearance of the city.

Both potential buyers agreed the tax rates and fees make it irrational to keep the facility operaing.
blah blah

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Well well. Looks like the end of the road for 400 employees. hahahahaha
KY Hillbilly

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

blah blah wrote:
Well well. Looks like the end of the road for 400 employees. hahahahaha
Well we want them jobs down here,we dont do what them there union people did to them hostess and twinkie folks. Ya all come on down ya here.
Black Horse

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

As much as I agree that the business climate in Dunkirk -- and New York State as a whole -- is wretched, the original post is quite obviously a work of fiction.
Right

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

"Carraige House Management" is full of sh-t.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

ConAgra to require IQ test of all employees..400 people to be fired...
Jeff

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Channel 7 is filming outside of Carriage house on Newton this second.
fire them all

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Conagra fire them all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••