Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit?

There are 64644 comments on the crime.about.com story from Dec 9, 2008, titled Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit?. In it, crime.about.com reports that:

Pedophiles can be anyone -- old or young, rich or poor, educated or uneducated, non-professional or professional, and of any race. However, pedophiles often demonstrate similar characteristics, but these are merely indicators and it should not be assumed that individuals with these characteristics are pedophiles. But knowledge of these characteristics coupled with questionable behavior can be used as an alert that someone may be a pedophile.

[The part about Stockholm Syndrome is VERY interesting indeed... -ek.]

Join the discussion below, or Read more at crime.about.com.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65496 Jan 3, 2013
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, threats of stroke or dying to Inda are OK, I guess, too (Go blow a vein!). But don't call poor Jermaine a name, for heaven's sake! It might send him over the edge! Puuuleeease!
Was not a threat of any kind..blow a vein is a reference to flyin high.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#65497 Jan 3, 2013
Jermaine 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Was not a threat of any kind..blow a vein is a reference to flyin high.
Ooops, my bad then.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#65498 Jan 4, 2013
Anna80 wrote:
<quoted text>
No honey I think you will find that us you, as you can't stop accusing people of sick crimes that they were found NOT GUILTY of, you seem to have a very serious fascination with pedophilia which is rather worrying. I wonder if some of you have issues in your personal lives as it seems strange how much you talk about it. Never mind, I take it all with a pinch of salt as all the hate comments are not worth anything and this year will be the year for clearing MJ's name for GOOD!!!!!!!
I'm not accusing your new messiah of molesting children. I'm saying the legal documents prove it.

Now, calm down and rescind your membership from the Church of Michael Jesus Jackson. The world will look much better to you. Promise!

Since: Oct 11

Channel Islands

#65499 Jan 4, 2013
Butterballs wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have that the motion sensor alarm wasn't there for that purpose, child hater?
Why employ a full-time security team and have a large perimeter fence around Neverland to prevent intruders?
Why have no other security devices on his home other than his bedroom door?
Why have no motion sensor alarm installed on the bedrooms of his own children?
How much protection would a motion sensor alarm provide from a criminal, anyway?
Don't you think it's just little bit odd that a man who spent hundreds and hundreds of one-on-one nights in bed with unrelated little boys felt the need to have a motion sensor alarm on ONLY his door.
Does that not compute with you, child hater?
I hardly think you can accuse someone one bieng a child hater just because they agree that Michael Jackson was rightly innocent. Of course he had security he was very well known. Also the FBI found nothing on MJ after an exhaustive search, so you have no idea what you arfe talking about, but no change there then

“at yet more f'loonspin”

#65500 Jan 4, 2013
Butterballs wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute brilliant post!
It's funny how these child haters are quite happy to brand Gavin, Jason and Jordy liars.
But when it comes to Brett, Macauley and Wade they couldn't have possibly lied about anything.
Former special FBI agent, Ken Lanning explains nicely the bond that some children have with their abusers.
Here's a quote of his.
“I can’t tell you how many cases where there are letters from the victim written to the accused, saying,‘You’re the nicest person I ever met,’ or ‘You’ve been so good to me,’” said Lanning.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2011/11/17...
It's interesting Brett Barnes was mentioned. I read the transcript of his testimony and cross-examination. I'll have to post the link and the critical pages. He claimed Michael always wore his pajamas, in bed. Then the prosecuting attorney showed Brett a series of photos he had taken when he was a child, while alone with Michael. One of them was of Michael lying on the bed in his...underpants. Not his pajamas. His underpants. So much for Brett telling the truth on the stand.
Walt

Winnipeg, Canada

#65501 Jan 4, 2013
Sharline arce wrote:
No michael jackson was not a pedophile. I was raped and molested all my childhood my childhood was taken from me michael jackson was not molester or a rapist he was kind and gentle soul trying to make a difference in world
With no disrespect, often a person who has been sexually abused would be the last person to be able to identify the traits of a pedophile in the common world. In order to survive childhood sexual abuse many children develop mechanisms that allow them to cope. These might be denial, projection, poor definition of what is appropriate and what is not etc. Many of these people will not even be able to admit what happened to them for decades. This is a case of where the victim is not always the best judge. Perhaps in a way it explains why some victims go on to become offenders. I am not suggesting that about you. I am just saying that your personal experience is hugely complex and prone to resulting in a number of faulty thinking processes.

It is not uncommon for children who have been sexually abused to have been sexually abused more than once in their lives. It does not seem as if the experience translates into being able to pick out an offender.

I sorry about your experience though. That any offender could presume to ingratiate or force themselves into such an intimate area of a child's life is beyond acceptability and results in the loss of childhood.

MJ does fit the profile. In a world beyond man made laws there lies a truth and MJ will either be guilty or not guilty. It won't be about the judicial process it will be about what he left behind. In my own mind I wish that he would have stopped the "inviting" of children to his room years ago as many of his friends suggested. He remained arrogant and prone to think that the world would just fall in line and allow him things that they would not accept from the guy next door who works in a factory or a restaurant. He conjured up the environment that led to all of the suspicions through that arrogance. I understand that he may be left being judged for that arrogance as easily as a sexual crime but, honestly, it did the children no good no matter how you slice it. How many people go around with all of the baggage those boys have. People allow them no privacy quite obviously and they will always be looked at as sexual beings before they are boys or now men. They never set anything up. They were victims.
Walt

Winnipeg, Canada

#65502 Jan 4, 2013
Anna80 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hardly think you can accuse someone one bieng a child hater just because they agree that Michael Jackson was rightly innocent. Of course he had security he was very well known. Also the FBI found nothing on MJ after an exhaustive search, so you have no idea what you arfe talking about, but no change there then
What does a sex offender need to have on them other than a penis, a hand, a mouth etc? Those things are their weapon and everything else is gravy. I am sure there are offenders who have opted for castration out there but,boy, would they be the exception and they still have hands etc.

It may have been just a matter of time and MJ took on the role of offender, judge and even executioner rather than allow himself to endure the further humiliation or exposure.

You probably aren't a child hater but nor are you well versed on pedophilia or investigative thought. I would hope no child of yours fell into the hands of someone who dazzled others but ended up just being a damaged human.

Channel Islands

#65503 Jan 4, 2013
Walt wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a sex offender need to have on them other than a penis, a hand, a mouth etc? Those things are their weapon and everything else is gravy. I am sure there are offenders who have opted for castration out there but,boy, would they be the exception and they still have hands etc.
It may have been just a matter of time and MJ took on the role of offender, judge and even executioner rather than allow himself to endure the further humiliation or exposure.
You probably aren't a child hater but nor are you well versed on pedophilia or investigative thought. I would hope no child of yours fell into the hands of someone who dazzled others but ended up just being a damaged human.
Hi, I appreciate your views, as unlike some they were intelligently put, but I know a lot more than you think I do and that is why I am qualified to say MJ was no pedophile. Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#65504 Jan 4, 2013
Anna69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I appreciate your views, as unlike some they were intelligently put, but I know a lot more than you think I do and that is why I am qualified to say MJ was no pedophile. Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR
You know about things? Great! Now give me the link to the Chandlers''confessions'.

Channel Islands

#65505 Jan 4, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You know about things? Great! Now give me the link to the Chandlers''confessions'.
Sorry but BUGGER OFF!!!! You know F all. I really would love to meet you, I am coming to America soon hey you will only be on the net so I am sure you can spare some time

USA

#65506 Jan 4, 2013
Anna69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but BUGGER OFF!!!! You know F all. I really would love to meet you, I am coming to America soon hey you will only be on the net so I am sure you can spare some time
Meet YOU? I can find maladjusted, ignorant fools just about anywhere, so why bother?

I'm waiting for the Chandler link.

Channel Islands

#65507 Jan 4, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Meet YOU? I can find maladjusted, ignorant fools just about anywhere, so why bother?
I'm waiting for the Chandler link.
yeah what your frienda here???? lol

USA

#65508 Jan 4, 2013
Anna69 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah what your frienda here???? lol
You and that creepy old bigot, KJ should have a nice time together.
Mj old news

New York, NY

#65510 Jan 4, 2013
Anna80 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great ! Are you going to Graceland so visit the home of the greatest cultural icon in history ?
mjj

Cypress, TX

#65511 Jan 4, 2013
MJ Innocent!
RIP MJ :)
mjj

Cypress, TX

#65513 Jan 4, 2013
Jordie never confessed wrote:
<quoted text>Dumbazz, you just said you were at work. Still have no idea what time it is in Europe bafoon. Priceless! Fraud!
Jordie...talk about Fraud!

“at yet more f'loonspin”

#65514 Jan 4, 2013
Anna80 wrote:
<quoted text>
For somebody who refuses to read the legal documents and posts links to a website proving the opposite of what you want to believe, you are the last person to claim expertise.

Michael was a pedophile.

Channel Islands

#65515 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>Dumbazz, you just said you were at work. Still have no idea what time it is in Europe bafoon. Priceless! Fraud!
Can you die of constipation? I am a little concerned how full of shit you are

Channel Islands

#65517 Jan 5, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
For somebody who refuses to read the legal documents and posts links to a website proving the opposite of what you want to believe, you are the last person to claim expertise.
Michael was a pedophile.
No, no, sorry you read only the bits you want to read, you hate MJ so much probably due to jealousy, never mind you can be renowned for talking crap, you do such a good job of it!

Channel Islands

#65518 Jan 5, 2013
Why don't you slip into something more comfortable...like a coma and still haven't answered about your multiple nics

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Area Briefs: Norwalk mayor unhappy with Guardia... (Feb '09) 33 min Ptw 1,075
News Vacaville to pay $1.3 million over fatal police... 3 hr Latricia 65
News 56-year-old man gets life for stealing $900 of ... 5 hr Frustrated 2
News D.C. chief: 'We will arrest armed protesters' (May '13) 13 hr RayOne 638
News Texas Senate Democrats help 'open-carry' amendment 15 hr huey goins 6
News Grand jury clears police in Wal-Mart shooting (Sep '14) 17 hr Cyndi Elitist Bee... 5
News Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigat... (Apr '10) 21 hr HWB 383
More from around the web