Sessions targets more sanctuary cities

Sessions targets more sanctuary cities

There are 22 comments on the Tri-cityherald.com story from Nov 15, 2017, titled Sessions targets more sanctuary cities. In it, Tri-cityherald.com reports that:

The Department of Justice sent letters to 29 so-called sanctuary cities on Wednesday, demanding officials show they are cooperating with immigration enforcement laws by Dec. 8. The targets include Washington, D.C., several cities or counties in California, major state capitals like Denver, and entire states. President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions have made jurisdictions that limit their cooperation with federal immigration enforcement a conspicuous target from the beginning in their crackdown on illegal immigration, and this is only the latest example.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tri-cityherald.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tomin cali

Fresno, CA

#1 Nov 15, 2017
go after them to the fullest extent allowed by law,many may be able to be charged with federal felonies and deserve prison.get after it

Judged:

26

26

26

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
spud

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Nov 16, 2017
I know the idiots at the NYT, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, AP and more love to site bogus polls that say the American people favor sanctuary cities. That's total HS, H meaning horse. The only people who favor allowing unscreened criminals into this country are the establishment elitists who exploit their slave labor, politicians who exploit them for illegal votes and the totally stupid people that these first two groups are able to BS. No DACA, no illegal aliens, no exceptions.

Judged:

22

22

22

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
genese

Chatham, IL

#3 Nov 16, 2017
Haven't they sent letters before? Time to start arresting people and fining people. Take Gov Moonbeam in CA and charge him with Treason.

Judged:

20

20

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Happy Spring”

Since: Dec 09

Just hanging out.

#5 Nov 17, 2017
genese wrote:
Haven't they sent letters before? Time to start arresting people and fining people. Take Gov Moonbeam in CA and charge him with Treason.
I had to look this guy up, interesting name MOONBEAM - I will read this just to get an idea of what Moonbeam is about.

I luv some of the names some of these politicians are coming up with, very catchy, like Wiener.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/weekinrevie...
Wildchild

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Nov 17, 2017
Good ty
freebird

Pomona, CA

#7 Nov 18, 2017
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>

I had to look this guy up, interesting name MOONBEAM - I will read this just to get an idea of what Moonbeam is about.

I luv some of the names some of these politicians are coming up with, very catchy, like Wiener.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/weekinrevie...
This is what Moonbeam is about. At one time he was married to the traitor, Jane Fonda.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/us/califor...

California Today: Rain Brings Health Hazards to the Homeless

California has the highest number of homeless people, around 118,000, followed by New York with 86,000, according to last year’s count.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
freebird

Pomona, CA

#8 Nov 18, 2017
Here is some more of the crap the idiot is doing. I just wish someone would expose California's government and businesses who are fuking with our weather. Wednesday and Thursday it's supposed to get into the 90's again. Like they say, "follow the money".

https://www.thenation.com/article/california-...

California Governor Jerry Brown Is Doing Far More to Combat Climate Change Than Trump’s Washington

The same thing could be said today of the presidency of Donald J. Trump. But in an unusual, and in some ways unprecedented development, a 79-year-old four-term governor and three-time presidential aspirant has swept into the void left by the inept, incompetent, and embarrassing Trump.

The governor, of course, is California’s Jerry Brown, who is about to wrap up a 10-day trip to Europe, where he made stops at the Vatican, Brussels, Stuttgart, Oslo, and Bonn, in an effort to show the international community that, despite Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement, the leader of the world’s sixth-largest economy remains committed to the fight against climate change.

At a meeting of climate-change experts and religious leaders at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences on November 4, Brown explained that American state and municipal leaders have it in their power to take action. There is “not just a top-down structure that we have in the United States, there are many elements,” and, given the commitments that “we’re seeing around the world, the Trump factor is very small.”

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
freebird

Pomona, CA

#9 Nov 18, 2017
In the same article, I wonder what effect this has on climate change? He made a trip to China in June, then Russia in September (whoa wait a minute, isn't China right next to Russia). Then he went to Europe in November. Russia? Wait, I thought Russia had something to do with our elections.

"From the moment Donald Trump announced his decision to unilaterally withdraw from the Paris climate accord on June 1, Brown has been in overdrive, traveling to China in June and Russia in September before taking off on this latest trip to Europe."

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Retribution

Bladensburg, MD

#10 Nov 18, 2017
spud wrote:
I know the idiots at the NYT, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, AP and more love to site bogus polls that say the American people favor sanctuary cities. That's total HS, H meaning horse. The only people who favor allowing unscreened criminals into this country are the establishment elitists who exploit their slave labor, politicians who exploit them for illegal votes and the totally stupid people that these first two groups are able to BS. No DACA, no illegal aliens, no exceptions.
Trump nor does Sessions have the constitutional authority to stop US funding to jurisdictions. That's where federal tax revenues comes from.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Retribution

Bladensburg, MD

#11 Nov 18, 2017
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>

This is what Moonbeam is about. At one time he was married to the traitor, Jane Fonda.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/us/califor...

California Today: Rain Brings Health Hazards to the Homeless

California has the highest number of homeless people, around 118,000, followed by New York with 86,000, according to last year’s count.
California population is 39 million so 118,000 homeless is less than a 10th of 1%

Similarly, just within NYC the population is 8 million and if the new york state homeless population is 86k that's not a lot.

The surrounding counties usually dump their homeless people in larger local metropolitan areas like LA, Chicago and Washington DC

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Raydot

Pomona, CA

#12 Nov 18, 2017
I'm all for rounding up alien, but not the ones that sell the pubic hair tacos smeared with hepatitis and boiled chicken feet in down town LA.
freebird

Pomona, CA

#13 Nov 18, 2017
Retribution wrote:
<quoted text>
California population is 39 million so 118,000 homeless is less than a 10th of 1%

Similarly, just within NYC the population is 8 million and if the new york state homeless population is 86k that's not a lot.

The surrounding counties usually dump their homeless people in larger local metropolitan areas like LA, Chicago and Washington DC
Tell that to the 118,000 homeless. You drive on some of the freeways and they are living in tents on the overpass. They are living on sidewalks in tents or under tarps. Imagine walking in that area. All because of the Democrats who run the state.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Retribution

Bladensburg, MD

#14 Nov 18, 2017
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell that to the 118,000 homeless. You drive on some of the freeways and they are living in tents on the overpass. They are living on sidewalks in tents or under tarps. Imagine walking in that area. All because of the Democrats who run the state.
"Tell that to the 118,000 homeless"

That still isnt a signnificant number as compared to the total 39 million.

Sounds you are describing Skid row in Los Angeles . Imagin people sleeping on sidewalks in east coast cities in the winter or families living in their vehicles in the South where the cities don't fund shelters.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Happy Spring”

Since: Dec 09

Just hanging out.

#15 Nov 18, 2017
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>

This is what Moonbeam is about. At one time he was married to the traitor, Jane Fonda.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/us/califor...

California Today: Rain Brings Health Hazards to the Homeless

California has the highest number of homeless people, around 118,000, followed by New York with 86,000, according to last year’s count.
This is not good news, all those poor people ; (

“Happy Spring”

Since: Dec 09

Just hanging out.

#16 Nov 18, 2017
freebird wrote:
Here is some more of the crap the idiot is doing. I just wish someone would expose California's government and businesses who are fuking with our weather. Wednesday and Thursday it's supposed to get into the 90's again. Like they say, "follow the money".

https://www.thenation.com/article/california-...

California Governor Jerry Brown Is Doing Far More to Combat Climate Change Than Trump’s Washington

The same thing could be said today of the presidency of Donald J. Trump. But in an unusual, and in some ways unprecedented development, a 79-year-old four-term governor and three-time presidential aspirant has swept into the void left by the inept, incompetent, and embarrassing Trump.

The governor, of course, is California’s Jerry Brown, who is about to wrap up a 10-day trip to Europe, where he made stops at the Vatican, Brussels, Stuttgart, Oslo, and Bonn, in an effort to show the international community that, despite Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement, the leader of the world’s sixth-largest economy remains committed to the fight against climate change.

At a meeting of climate-change experts and religious leaders at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences on November 4, Brown explained that American state and municipal leaders have it in their power to take action. There is “not just a top-down structure that we have in the United States, there are many elements,” and, given the commitments that “we’re seeing around the world, the Trump factor is very small.”
People messing with our weather ? That sounds pretty far feched.

“Happy Spring”

Since: Dec 09

Just hanging out.

#17 Nov 18, 2017
Raydot wrote:
I'm all for rounding up alien, but not the ones that sell the pubic hair tacos smeared with hepatitis and boiled chicken feet in down town LA.
Well you better get your taste buds straight.
freebird

Pomona, CA

#18 Nov 19, 2017
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>

People messing with our weather ? That sounds pretty far feched.
"That sounds pretty far feched."

That's why they can get away with it. Not enough people know about, and they call you a loon if you start talking about.
ThomasA

Guntersville, AL

#19 Nov 24, 2017
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>

This is what Moonbeam is about. At one time he was married to the traitor, Jane Fonda.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/us/califor...

California Today: Rain Brings Health Hazards to the Homeless

California has the highest number of homeless people, around 118,000, followed by New York with 86,000, according to last year’s count.
Numbers don't mean much when you can't differentiate between those REAL homeless people by chance and those homeless by choice. We strive to help all but we also see those who don't want to climb out of their situation, don't want to reconnect with family back home, don't want to get back in the job market, don't want to learn a trade or skill to get them back in the mainstream, don't want help for their addictions, but since they don't like the food or conditions at the shelters, they will panhandle a few bucks with no shame for the next drink or fix. Giving beggars on the streets ANY cash is only enabling their vices and their problems will only get worse when you sucker into their sad tales. JUST SAY NO !!!!
Elmer Fudd Sessions

Santa Ana, CA

#21 Nov 24, 2017
"What we got here is .......Failure to Communicate"
Jeff Sessions
spud

Bethlehem, PA

#23 Nov 26, 2017
God bless Jeff Sessions. Greatest AG since Bobby.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kavanaugh defended by 2 former girlfriends amid... 1 hr Say What 7
News Indiana-American seeks water rate increase 5 hr Duke defender 4
News Miss., Mo. senators seek answers on air ambulan... 6 hr Corruption 26
News What police seized from Botham Jean's apartment... 17 hr Not Falling For It 2
News White House will override Obama's climate plan (Oct '17) 17 hr hojo 5,888
News Is Immigration Reform Needed and Why Should Fin... 18 hr illegalisillegal 2
News Cuomo unveils campaign to fight sexual assault ... (Feb '15) 22 hr Obsession Withdrawal 7