Local: Son accuses Visalia pastor of sex abuse

Feb 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Fresno Bee

A bitter family feud between mega-church pastor Bob Grenier and his estranged sons escalated this month with a son's claim in court papers that his father sexually molested him as a child.

Comments
21 - 40 of 151 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2013
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

BG smuggled drugs and sold drugs while he flew around the Lt. Governor of Florida (according to him). That takes a really good liar and manipulator to pull that off without a felony arrest and conviction.

IMO, BG still has those same lying and manipulating skills today...and gets away with stuff just like when he was a self-professed drug dealer and drug smuggler.
chris

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Explains alot
chris

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

I am sure if a jury gets the testimony of Paul they will vote to convict.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

I agree Chris and thanks for sharing your opinion.

I think that if Paul's allegations get in front of an unbiased agency and in front of a jury of peers in no way connected to BG and VPD etc, that Paul gets a fair trial and that the truth comes out.

I think once the story is told in full, from the physical abuse to the church abuses to BG's confession of abuse to his Board to BG's past (in his own words) of being a drug dealer and drug smuggler that wasn't caught or convicted, to the testimonies from so many former church employees and pastors etc that a pattern of BG lying and getting away with stuff will emerge and that combined with other testimony from those Paul confided in years ago and combined with the facts of BG's other behavior in the home that have been interpreted by licensed therapist friends who are experts in sex abuse as "grooming"... I have confidence a jury of peers would convict.

That's all my opinion above.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

your opinion smells like ass.
-
I think once the story is told in full, from the eyewitness accounts to the abduction testimonies to the Greys message of visitation to Area 51 to NASA's past of hiding alien visitations and abductions that were never proven, to the testimonies from so many Area 51 employees and soldiers etc that a pattern of military lying and getting away with stuff will emerge and that combined with other testimony from other abductees years ago and combined with the facts of the Greys other behavior on earth that have been interpreted by licensed scientist friends who are experts in alien abduction... I have confidence a jury of peers would agree that aliens exist.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Who wrote:
your opinion smells like Who
Hey opinions are like Who's.

My opinions are backed up by testimonies and documents on the court record.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

"But Paul Grenier has not filed a police report, even though state law allows..."
-
denies the...allegations and says they've taken an emotional toll on him.
"That is a bell once rung, cannot be taken back," "I struggle daily to deal with the accusation..."
-
"never witnessed the alleged abuse or heard about it."
-
Grenier's lawyer...called Paul Grenier's allegations "absolutely untrue."
-
He said he never wanted to go public...but gave permission for Alex Grenier to post...to help his brother's defense.
[Unfortunately, the first post was long before the lawsuit, observation by who? By Who, that's who!]
-
Mestas asked him if other types of abuse occurred.
[H]e provided no additional information and did not file a police report.
-
Mestas said last week she "distinctly" remembers the conversation and that Grenier did not tell her that he was a victim of sexual abuse.
-
Grenier said Friday he has not decided whether to file a police report,
-
Bob Grenier said he would welcome a police investigation as an opportunity to have his name cleared.
"I would love for them [Alex and Paul] to go down to the police department today," Grenier said Friday.
-
Paul hasn't gone to the police with his allegations, but "he's comfortable having his brother blast it all over the world," Gayle Grenier said.
-
Police investigated and gave the report to the Tulare County District Attorney's Office...when the brothers saw the police report they blasted it as "watered down."
-
Nothing has emerged to cause her to ask Grenier to resign, she said.
-
A report that Grenier was embezzling money from his church was filed last year and investigated, but the investigator determined that no embezzlement occurred.
-
Tens of thousands of Internet postings have been made against him by the two, Bob Grenier said. They were so obsessive that some websites banned both Alex Grenier and Taylor from posting any more, he said.
-
Church membership has fallen off and "my reputation and ability to advance in my profession" have been harmed by false statements, he says in a court filing.
"People hear something, and they believe it," Bob Grenier said Friday.
-
[T]he attorney for Bob and Gayle Grenier, said the law doesn't protect libelous statements.
-
My name is Who
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

you says
"...My opinions are backed up by testimonies and documents on the court record...."
Who says
Close only counts in horseshoes and Presidential elections.
-
A report must be filed for police to investigate, she said. Grenier's written statement in the lawsuit is not enough to launch an investigation, she said.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

In other words Paul's words are not sufficient to determine truth or falsehood.
-
Bob Grenier said he would welcome a police investigation as an opportunity to have his name cleared.
"I would love for them [Alex and Paul] to go down to the police department today," Grenier said Friday.
-
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

So the question is, why haven't you all gone down there?
It must be because it is easier to accuse without providing evidence than it is to accuse and provide evidence.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

And if you can just string along different accusations long enough, it will keep your cyberbully hate campaign from crushing under the weight of its own insignificance.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Who wrote:
Does your truth campaign know no bounds? Apparently not.
My name is Who.
The truth has a funny way of coming out despite the spin and protection some get from their buddies in the church and govt.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Who wrote:
So the question is, why haven't you all gone down there?
Are you suggesting they didn't? You seem to be missing some key facts.

I think the article explains that it seems it would be tough to get a fair shake in Visalia as BG is closely connected with law enforcement there and the "who's who" of local law enforcement endorsed his book, spoke/speak at his church, he campaigned for them etc

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Let's all hope for a different jurisdiction to here Paul's allegations and a different agency to take the lead.

That would be the right thing and seems to be what Who has said, that the stuff should be tried by a jury of peers and reviewed by a govt. agency.

Chuck Smith seemed to say the same thing.

Well, then, lets have the State Attorney General's office lead an investigation so there is no conflict of interest and lets have a jury of peers from another area hear the case so there is no conflict as well.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Paul Grenier deserves justice and a fair shake. That seems nearly impossible in BG's community of friends.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Who wrote:
under the weight of its own insignificance.
It's not insignificant. Child abuse and corruption are serious matters wherever they happen, but especially by public figures in churches and positions in govt.

I think the Fresno Bee, OC Weekly, Daily Kos, Newsweek/Daily Beast etc etc disagree that the issues surrounding this situation are "insignificant"

You can respond below in that empty box

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

And, the article actually supports the defense against BG's attempt to silence protected free speech.
'
Clearly the issues are in the public interest and even the Fresno Bee refers to BG as a 'Mega-church" pastor and police chaplain (which is a govt. representative) etc.

The article also establishes the fact that no actual malice occurred.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Alex, you obviously love the sound of your own voice.
you says
"...the spin and protection..."
Who says
Alternative narrative and justice
you says
"...Are you suggesting they didn't?..."
Who says
My statement was clear, and you are either pretending to not understand it, or you ARE that stupid. I am saying that Paul did not file a report, and I'm saying that Paul's accusations arose AFTER he had SEVERAL conversations with DIFFERENT OFFICERS, including the Chief of Police.
you says
"...You seem to be missing some key facts..."
Who says
You seem to be missing some key brain functions.
you says
"...it would be tough to get a fair shake in Visalia..."
Who says
Speculation without any supporting evidence. The police have been clear---if there were enough to this thing of yours, they'd have asked him to step down.
There has been an investigation into physical abuse. The investigators didn't parrot your line, so you blame corruption.
You allege financial impropriety, there is an investigation. The investigator found that no impropriety occurred.
Then the latest allegations arise. Any fool can see that you are commandeering a witch hunt against the father that you hate.
My guess is you'll keep accusing him of different things and keep investigations going until the man is in the grave. Cyberbully. Hate Campaign manipulation.
you says
"...Let's all hope for a different jurisdiction to here Paul's allegations and a different agency to take the lead...."
Who says
Sure. Let's just rearrange the chain of command, legal precedent and juridical jurisdiction just to keep Aslix satisfied. Wonderful.
We'll just shuffle the entire government around until Alex gets the type of decision that he believes his taxes pay for....not.
you says
"... the stuff should be tried by a jury of peers and reviewed by a govt. agency...."
Who says
It is currently being reviewed by an agency, and a judge is currently in the midst of deciding about the jury part....what more do you want?! You are already talking about an appeal and the judge hasn't even ruled if there will be a trial yet. You are such a fking douche.
you says
"...Paul Grenier deserves justice and a fair shake...."
Who says
PG deserves to file a police report. I don't get that.
Chief of Police asks if there was any other type of abuse, Paul says "no."
Paul is asked if he'd like to file a police report, Paul says "no."
Then Paul and Alex come back later and say "see, we didn't file a report because G. Gordon Liddy killed JFK.
you says
"...It's not insignificant...."
Who says
Nice double-negative. If there was evidence beyond words on a page typed by sheeple, it would be significant.
It is insignificant because the content of your accusations is light.
Bob has been investigated, AT YOUR INSTIGATION, several times,
and the investigations keep coming up with nothing wrong.
When will you just accept that you are missing some key brain functions?
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

you says
"...The article also establishes the fact that no actual malice occurred...."
Who says
it is impossible for a newspaper article to establish that.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Who wrote:
Alternative narrative and justice
Yes, thanks, that's a big part of the Truth Campaign, it's an alternative narrative to BG's public proclamations in his book, from his public pulpit, from the radio, the world wide web, his conferences, his crusades, his mega-church speaking engagements etc etc etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Law Forum right now

Search the Law Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New Rochelle School District Fined, Issued Viol... 28 min brian sten 1
Obama set to lambast Republicans over lawsuit 48 min Responsibility 6
Earp found guilty of embezzlement, damage to pr... (Jun '12) 50 min Overturned 10
What life is like for Casey Anthony 54 min marce-encore 59
Vallejo homicide suspect appears in court 1 hr Joe513 1
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 2 hr Laws 1,970
Lubbock man says he was fired for being gay; la... 2 hr lgbt is silly 189
•••
•••