Former firefighter accused of arson m...

Former firefighter accused of arson may have lied to court abou...

There are 185 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 13, 2004, titled Former firefighter accused of arson may have lied to court abou.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Forest Lake firefighter accused of setting fire to a nature preserve may have lied under oath about his financial dealings, according to a federal court filing that also recommends the U.S. attorney's office investigate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Bah Humbug

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 15, 2009
This whole story is getting beaten to death. Just prosecute the guy on the fire incident and let it go.
Kevin G

Hugo, MN

#2 Apr 15, 2009
Looks like he got his job back in exchange for a fire truck. The former mayor and city administrator should be under investigation also. No graft in government? Give me a break!
just crazy

United States

#3 Apr 15, 2009
This story has been beaten to death find something new we are all tired of this. I heard he was at mcdonalds at the time of the fire why isnt that being reported. i also read last night that there have been many more fires before and since this fire seems kind of suspicious to me. I am statrting to lean more towards this man is being set up for this one.
crap

United States

#4 Apr 15, 2009
This story has gone on wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long. Mr gervais dont you have anything else to right about we have established this guy has done many things. I am starting to believe this may be an elaborate set up. Sounds like there have been many more fires since this one and one Sigfrinius says a gray car with a man and a beard was driving away. Its hard form me to believe that all of a suddon there are arsonists running around small little columbus. I am really statrting to believe the more I read they got the wrong guy on this fire.
Ever wonder why

United States

#5 Apr 15, 2009
Too many things are not adding up on this one. MOTIVE for one. I believe like the previous there is not many arsonists all of a suddun running around the North Metro. Why is the paper not reporting more about this. Might be because they have crucified this guy and would give them a black eye and maybe would not be so news worthy. Come on guys report all the news. The forest lake press reports ARSON FIRE EASTER SUNDAY GRAY VEHICLE SPEEDING AWAY OLDER MAN GRAY BEARD " BERKEN NOT A SUSPECT SIGFRINIUS STATED... WHy arent the bigger papers latching on to this. I think he is innocent of this fire. I dont know the man and it appears he has done many unsavory things but from bad checks to an arsonist come on!!!!!!!!!!
Black N White Version

Duluth, MN

#6 Apr 15, 2009
Nice to know criminals like him are given second....third...etc. chances

to fraud & defraud people over & over again
just because they look white american suburbian dad they can
pay & lie their way into people's hearts and businesses.

Black(minorities) get the slammer and never see daylight!

It's called....trust me I don't look like a gang member
but I'll take everything you got behind your back!
john doe

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 15, 2009
How could this guy ever be married, or have an ex-girlfried...hes not that good looking...is he?
what

United States

#8 Apr 15, 2009
Eye witness was looking out rear view mirror come on. This story gets better and better. The guy is being set up. Who in there right mind would believe this. Many more fires now. They got the wrong guys obviously!!!!!!!!!!

“Don't Say Like Dat”

Since: May 08

Jerusalem

#9 Apr 15, 2009
well,well,well..........what a tangled web we weave,don't we Johnny B.,didn't you think sooner or later this would all catch up to you?,your gona have to be fast on your feet to figure this one out.
Risk taker

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Apr 15, 2009
what wrote:
Eye witness was looking out rear view mirror come on. This story gets better and better. The guy is being set up. Who in there right mind would believe this. Many more fires now. They got the wrong guys obviously!!!!!!!!!!
Did you people ever think that maybe Berkens friends are doing it now to cover him?That would be my guess,oh wait, I did not go to college...Forget it!
what

United States

#11 Apr 15, 2009
Risk taker wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you people ever think that maybe Berkens friends are doing it now to cover him?That would be my guess,oh wait, I did not go to college...Forget it!
I would doubt very much that any friend would risk this. You are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!

“JERKIN THE BEEF”

Since: Mar 09

Born in East LA

#12 Apr 15, 2009
http://www.startribune.com/local/east/4293858...

they got the right guy,shoulda got him sooner,like right after he was born
Risk taker

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Apr 15, 2009
what wrote:
<quoted text>I would doubt very much that any friend would risk this. You are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!
His 3 friends are just like him,why do you think they are his friends.I happen to be from the area and know the town chatter,you,well says yer from St.Paul feel sorry for you.The guy(Berken)was caught face it..Then he had the balls to go fight the fire,DUH want part of stupid can't you understand.Yer right I'am an IDIOT cuz I did not go to college,I have street smarts and a secure job.Get a clue.....
Support American Mfg

Denver, CO

#14 Apr 15, 2009
I think most of the posts from st paul, mn ('what','crap','just crazy','ever wonder why') are from berken's friends (if he has any left), or maybe are all from the same guy. See what you think...
Berken is guilty, and his checkered past shows this pattern.
Your an idiot

United States

#15 Apr 15, 2009
Town chatter everyone knows that forest lake is the gossip Capitol of the world it why many big businesses never go there, but gossip hardly proves guilt just means a bunch of forest lakers have nothing better to do then pile crap on someone else to make themselves feel better!
Risk taker

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Apr 15, 2009
Support American Mfg wrote:
I think most of the posts from st paul, mn ('what','crap','just crazy','ever wonder why') are from berken's friends (if he has any left), or maybe are all from the same guy. See what you think...
Berken is guilty, and his checkered past shows this pattern.
You are sooo right...

“Puppet At State Fair”

Nowthen, MN

#17 Apr 15, 2009
I want to know how much money he gave to Michele Bachmann's campaigns.

“SAY WHAT ???????????????”

BULLRUSH

#18 Apr 15, 2009
serves you right Johnny B,it's a round table,what goes around comes around,you lot lizzard
Risk taker

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Apr 15, 2009
Now there's some jack*ss who says they are from CA tryin to talk smart.Anybody can put any town/state on here,too funny.I said I'm from the area,did not say F.L. I know better than that!!! What I do know is the "Town chatter" is usually right,when it comes from the correct source.The news failed to say he was out drinking beer with his three friends in his yard right after posting bail,that's really a smart thing to do.Keep watching the news,they are really smart,you can be az educated as dem Shafter CA.!!!!!
Sean

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Apr 15, 2009
Why this white trash face has to be shown here, sick...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sessions targets more sanctuary cities 4 hr Suezanne 17
News Montana Rep. Greg Gianforte misled investigator... 10 hr roymoorescrotchle... 2
News Republicans begin pushing tax cut bill through ... 12 hr Retribution 92
News Former deputy charged in domestic incident - 7:... (Nov '16) 15 hr 8675309what 11
News Former Mobile sex crimes prosecutor arrested on... (Aug '10) 16 hr Voter 11
News Paxton's acceptance of shootings is unacceptable 20 hr youll shoot your ... 1
News Federal probe ongoing into Tupelo police paymen... 20 hr Censured 49
More from around the web