Some Irwindale residents call on city to disband Police Department

Oct 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Pasadena Star-News

IRWINDALE >> Alleged corruption in the Police Department has prompted some community members to call on the city to disband its police force and opt to contract with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
grumpy

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

It'll never happen. Reform has been needed in this PD for at least 30 years and is changing to the Sheriff's Dept a solution? It should be looked at but with all the familes and personal connections in town, it won't happen.
Peter rabbit

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

What a joke the reporter an that article is. Hunley is not a resident, Hernandez who's only friend is Hunley. There have been no talks about the sheriffs department (which is filled with controversy from the top administration down to their jailers) taking over the city contract. Mr. Reporter, get your facts straight or go back to school and major in something other then journalism.
Car Parker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

I think we should take another step and ask the County of Los Angeles to anex Irwindale. The only way to clean up the police department is to get rid of it. I certainly think that Irwindale should suspend their explorer scout program. Look how many were talked right in to bed. When there is more crime at the police department than there is on the streets. there is a big problem. can any one say

Breceda
Peter rabbit

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Like that would ever happen. If you are going to contribute to the conversation, at least you can post non fictional thoughts.
Car Parker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

fictional thoughts eh

Los Angeles County supervisors expressed grave concerns Tuesday about taking over the troubled city of Vernon, throwing into doubt a state effort to forcibly disincorporate a city for the first time in modern California history.

La County could use the mining money and look at all the undeveloped property in Irwindale.

Irwindale just might be the ticket to get L A County in better shape.

Irwindale is so corrupt that if City officials don't make an effort to stop the corruption it could become a reality. Unlike Vernon Irwindale could be a cash cow for L A So Mr Rabit Peter this might not be so fictional
Peter rabbit

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

It's Peter Rabbit, not rabit Peter. But that's neither here nor there. The issue is that County has no rights in taking over a city that doesn't want to be taken over. The city residents would lose to much. No more free trash pick up, vision and prescription insurance. Not to mention outstanding recreation and scholarship programs. The city also demands so much from the police department. Heck, a few years ago, after a windstorm, they had large generators and light towers. The city will not give into the county, and very unlikely to have their police services contracted by the sheriffs department.
Car Parker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

OK so we let the corruption continue

Maybe the County doesn't have the right to take over a city But I believe the state does and if and when they did it would go to L A County control.

Irwindale was given permission to become a city in 1957 And that can be rescinded

So I suggest the residents demand more from their officials.

Peter rabbit

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

That's the most accurate statment you have said as of yet. So, have your buddy Hernandez (not you. You're are not a resident) organize a petition and bring it to a city wide ballot vote. If the votes are signatures are there and verified, then, and only then, the so called writer of the article can feel a sence of accomplishment
Car Parker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

I said that Breceda is stealing city money thats an accurate statment.

He gives the citizens crums while he steals the loaf of bread.

I dont have to be a resident. When residents speak up they recieve retaliation.

And who says I am not a resident?

You are sadly mistaken if the state of California decides that Irwindale is to corrupt to countinue being its own inity and L A county decides that they will anex Irwindale a petition for a city wide ballot vote would not be necessary.

The only reason Vernon was not anexed was their debt. La County didnt want their debt.

Irwindale on the other hand could be a money maker and a game changer for L A County if we can keep Breceda out of the cooky jar.
Peter rabbit

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

You describe Breceda like he is your nemesis. You paint a picture as if he is the anti-Christ, who is out to crucify you while he lines his pockets with gold. Well, it may or may not be true. But this topic is about city of Irwindale residents are calling for the city to be disband. My argument is that the writer if the story did not do his homework as do most of this newspapers affiliates. Hernandez has been calling for a disbandment since he lost his city council seat. And you are not a resident of Irwindale. Both you and Hernandez are not the typical demographic of voters in Irwindale. My frustration is not with you, it lies with the writer who reported on a story without being biased. A reporters job is to report the facts. Not half the story, but the entire tale.
Car Parker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Stop blowing smoke. First of all I have never heard Mr Hernandez mention the sheriffs until the public found out about the girl that got raped by an on duty police officer and another officer accused of stealing his elderly fathers life savings and all the misappropriate relationships with under aged explorer scouts by Irwindale officers. then we find out about 14 ongoing investigations. and the city is ready to loose their insurance because all the corruption. and the unwillingness of the city council to stop all this crap.

Mr Hernandez and I were contacted about and interviewed about going with the sheriffs. and you must have read our opinions.

As far as Breceda goes. You get rid of Breceda and you get rid of corruption. So why don't you get your facts straight and by the way the reporter was correct. I am a resident.

So tell me are you part of the corruption you don't seem to think some changes are needed.
Ha ha ha

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Car Parker wrote:
I think we should take another step and ask the County of Los Angeles to anex Irwindale.
You should annex a bar of soap.
Peter rabbit

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

So you want to replace (what you call) a curupt government with another government entity that is plagued by corruption, malfeasance and Hippocrasy. the city of Irwindale and its residents are too pampered, they expect more from their city government then what the sheriffs department can provide. And the last I heard, you are a resident of Duarte. Again, the was the last i heard.
Bay city roller

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

He is a resident of Duarte. His family kicked him out because he smell so he's been sleeping in Hernandez's backyard. The two nestle under the stars together.
Someone Who Knows

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Peter rabbit wrote:
It's Peter Rabbit, not rabit Peter. But that's neither here nor there. The issue is that County has no rights in taking over a city that doesn't want to be taken over. The city residents would lose to much. No more free trash pick up, vision and prescription insurance. Not to mention outstanding recreation and scholarship programs. The city also demands so much from the police department. Heck, a few years ago, after a windstorm, they had large generators and light towers. The city will not give into the county, and very unlikely to have their police services contracted by the sheriffs department.
It was not the City of Irwindale that provided the generators and light towers in that wind storm. That was Jan's Towing, and they were just trying to give back to the community they serve.
Bay city roller

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Okay you are half right. There were a total of 6 generator/light poles used throughout the city. Jans towing was very generous to provide their equipment. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough to go around.
Car Parker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Listen up I said I am a resident and I am a resident. Neither the paper or I said I was a resident of Irwindale. I am a resident of Duarte. That makes me a resident. Deal with it
Bay city roller

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Haha. That equates to a person from Guatemala saying they're American. Well, they're South American. You have stated some pretty dumb stuff in the past, but that has got to be your dumbest statement to date. I certainly hope you jest.
Car Parker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

so you don't think I am a resident that's a pretty dam dumb statement.

This isn't the Breceda supporter from Parks and recs is it. If it is u have a big surprise coming if you continue to intimidate us when we go to court. You might want to ask Rosemary.
Bay city roller

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

I work for the city of Irwindale as much as you live in the city of Irwindale. You are the smoke and mirrors used car salesman. Your opinions are filled with empty promises as you polish the rind of a sour lemon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Law Forum right now

Search the Law Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kellogg-Martin running for Family Court Judge 8 min 12yoRapedTwiceInGoatbarn 42
Can You Lie in Politics? Supreme Court Will Decide 1 hr RustyS 40
New evidence unfolds in an existing murder case (Jul '10) 1 hr c koster 426
3 dead, 1 critically injured after shooting at ... 1 hr jeffry helms 32
Pittsfield jeweler defaults in civil case alleg... 1 hr Pittsfield Pete 8
Waterless urinals get the flush (Feb '10) 1 hr Gixxer 51
Change in store for city boat launch 1 hr Jessie 5
•••
•••