MSNBC's Chris Hayes Hypes 'LGBT Injus...

MSNBC's Chris Hayes Hypes 'LGBT Injustice' During Interview...

There are 35 comments on the NewsBusters.org story from May 23, 2013, titled MSNBC's Chris Hayes Hypes 'LGBT Injustice' During Interview.... In it, NewsBusters.org reports that:

As my colleagues at NewsBusters have documented, the liberal media have already jumped on the bandwagon to defend an 18-year old Florida woman with unlawful sexual conduct with a 14-year old girl, saying authorities are only pressing charges because she's a lesbian.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsBusters.org.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 May 30, 2013
Despite conservatives denying it her sexual orientation does play a role in why she is not only being prosecuted but persecuted.

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

#2 May 31, 2013
Everyone is overlooking sexual behavior in public washrooms or parks is prohibited. Against the law. What is FL. law on "public lewdness” or “indecent exposure”. These issues should also be addressed.
Mud Master

United States

#4 Jun 12, 2013
Therein lies a HUGE part of the problem with this case. The media has embraced this story, at the urging of Hunt's parents and attorney, because it is sensational and garners a lot of attention. Hunt's attorney and family know damned well that this had nothing to do with her being lesbian, but that is their only angle with which to try to salvage Kaitlyn's life, which she has so pathetically screwed up by repeatedly disregarding the victim's parents' instructions to leave their minor daughter alone. Their reasons for not wanting this ADULT teenage girl to see their MINOR teenage daughter are irrelevant. The fact is, she is their daughter, under their roof, and in their care. When they said stop messing with their kid, then she shoulda damned well ceased and desisted. End of story.

The teenage WOMAN, Kaitlyn Hunt, created this mess for herself, and it's time she answer for it. I only pray the case gets a judge with a spine, and that the outcome will not be governed by media/public influence, but by established law.
anonymous

Elm Mott, TX

#5 Jun 20, 2013
9 months probation is all the perp who violently raped me received.

Sorry if I find the punishment awaiting Kaitlyn as ludicrous. This was a consenting relationship between teens.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#6 Jun 20, 2013
anonymous wrote:
9 months probation is all the perp who violently raped me received.

Sorry if I find the punishment awaiting Kaitlyn as ludicrous. This was a consenting relationship between teens.
It was a consenting relationship between an ADULT and a minor who had no legal right, nor psycho/emotional wherewithal to consent. It's statutory rape [PERIOD]

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#7 Jun 20, 2013
Mud Master wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a consenting relationship between an ADULT and a minor who had no legal right, nor psycho/emotional wherewithal to consent. It's statutory rape [PERIOD]
They were both minors when they began the relationship. I do think that makes a difference.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#8 Jun 21, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
They were both minors when they began the relationship. I do think that makes a difference.
Not much, with the age gap as large as it is.

And, even if you don't remember, 3-4 years is a HUGE age gap between children/adolescents. Ask any parent what the difference is between a 14 year old and an 18 year old, in the ability to think, reason, and understand the consequences of actions, and in life experience and emotional maturity.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jun 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much, with the age gap as large as it is.
And, even if you don't remember, 3-4 years is a HUGE age gap between children/adolescents. Ask any parent what the difference is between a 14 year old and an 18 year old, in the ability to think, reason, and understand the consequences of actions, and in life experience and emotional maturity.
If that is the case; then Florida should place students in a separate adult school on their 18th birthday
.
Then they can lay off Florida's orgasm police force; and save billions
Nary a drop of evidence

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Jun 21, 2013
Mud Master wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a consenting relationship between an ADULT and a minor who had no legal right, nor psycho/emotional wherewithal to consent. It's statutory rape [PERIOD]
The orgasm police need to have semen samples and DNA samples to prove rape beyond a shadow of a doubt
.
Hurry; before it dries into a crusty cake and spoils the chances for a juicy death penalty celebration on God channel TV
.
Neither of the girls has a penis; so sex is impossible
.
.....and gossipy rumors of interracial kissing isn't enough for a conviction
.
So Florida's KKK will have to wait another day; foiled again
http://m0.i.pbase.com/o6/04/318004/1/73285000...
Nary a drop of evidence

Alpharetta, GA

#11 Jun 21, 2013
Mud Master wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a consenting relationship between an ADULT and a minor who had no legal right, nor psycho/emotional wherewithal to consent. It's statutory rape [PERIOD]
Adults can legally purchase alcohol
.
Minors cannot
.
So send the two chicks to the liquor store to buy you a beer
.
Be sure to have the God channel TV cameraman and the orgasm police firing squad on the scene in case the girls get lucky
Nary a drop of evidence

Alpharetta, GA

#14 Jun 21, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to do when HO:MOS tend to swallow the evidence. Besides, they don't need it, she admitted it.
Interracial kissing isn't sex unless one of the girls tongues is not what we think it is and the other girl's tongue is not what we think it is
.
So they will have to stick our their tongues at the judge to avoid Florida's orgasm police firing squad
Nary a drop of evidence

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Jun 21, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said kissing is having sex, did we?
It was interracial kissing
.
The Palm Bay area is a hotbed of NeoNazi racism marked on the SPLC hate map
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-ma...
.
So it is a bunch of white supremacists taking advantage of a black family to attack gay people
.
Some things never change; until Marshall Law is declared and the national guard takes control of racial terrorism
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#18 Jun 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>Not much, with the age gap as large as it is.

And, even if you don't remember, 3-4 years is a HUGE age gap between children/adolescents. Ask any parent what the difference is between a 14 year old and an 18 year old, in the ability to think, reason, and understand the consequences of actions, and in life experience and emotional maturity.
EXACTLY. Besides, it has been shown that Ms. Hunt Was 18 at the Start of the sexual relationship, not 17 like some keep claiming.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#19 Jun 21, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>If that is the case; then Florida should place students in a separate adult school on their 18th birthday
.
Then they can lay off Florida's orgasm police force; and save billions
Non sequitur
Nary a drop of evidence

Alpharetta, GA

#21 Jun 21, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely wrong. The relationship started after Kaitlyn was 18 Kaitlyn turned 18 last August BEFORE school started and before they even met. See it really does make a difference. Get your facts straight.
They found the guilty penis; but the race of the perpetrator has not been made public
.
The penis is less than a year old; so it was thrown in jail without bond
.
So were the batteries
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#22 Jun 21, 2013
Nary a drop of evidence wrote:
<quoted text>The orgasm police need to have semen samples and DNA samples to prove rape beyond a shadow of a doubt
.
Hurry; before it dries into a crusty cake and spoils the chances for a juicy death penalty celebration on God channel TV
.
Neither of the girls has a penis; so sex is impossible
.
.....and gossipy rumors of interracial kissing isn't enough for a conviction
.
So Florida's KKK will have to wait another day; foiled again
http://m0.i.pbase.com/o6/04/318004/1/73285000...
You are completely wrong. Semen is Very Rarely recovered in rape cases these days and rape convictions take place all the time.

Why don't you stop being so vile and try speaking to something you have actual knowledge in.

PS- changing names doesn't male you any more valid than the last time you tried this.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#23 Jun 21, 2013
Nary a drop of evidence wrote:
<quoted text>Adults can legally purchase alcohol
.
Minors cannot
.
So send the two chicks to the liquor store to buy you a beer
.
Be sure to have the God channel TV cameraman and the orgasm police firing squad on the scene in case the girls get lucky
Have you been drinking? That made no sense and was completely irrelevant.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#24 Jun 21, 2013
Nary a drop of evidence wrote:
<quoted text>It was interracial kissing
.
The Palm Bay area is a hotbed of NeoNazi racism marked on the SPLC hate map
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-ma...
.
So it is a bunch of white supremacists taking advantage of a black family to attack gay people
.
Some things never change; until Marshall Law is declared and the national guard takes control of racial terrorism
What exactly is, "Marshall Law"??
Nary a drop of evidence

Alpharetta, GA

#25 Jun 21, 2013
Mud Master wrote:
<quoted text>
Non sequitur
If you've ever had sex with a flashlight battery; turn yourself in
.
All living flashlight batteries are underage
Nary a drop of evidence

Alpharetta, GA

#26 Jun 21, 2013
Mud Master wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been drinking? That made no sense and was completely irrelevant.
You're just not dumb enough
.
Go back a few pages and read forward

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 34 min Nopal 167
News Legal Memorandum 6 hr DARPA 1
News U.S. Attorney issues statement on assault of Tw... 13 hr blindjustus 1
News Children's Mercy Hospital Honored for Combating... 23 hr Nmc 2
News Bail set in Hartle rape case, jury selection to... Sat Uhuh 48
News In climate denial, again (Oct '10) Sat Earthling-1 110
News How to protect your firm's patents, trade secre... (Jan '14) Sat matthewbeazley 5
More from around the web