Would an assault weapons ban work?

Dec 17, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 3,769

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Read more

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4241 Feb 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Assault weapons, as popularly defined, are not automatic or military weapons as you're pretending.
Assault weapons are, as I've already informed you, military-STYLED semi-automatic rifles like AR-15s.
Pleast stop embarrassing yourself.
Oh my, caught in another lie………what will the Obama’s think of next.

In an interview with Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts aired this morning, First Lady Michelle Obama recalled the tragic death of 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton who was shot and killed in Chicago after performing during the President’s Inauguration celebration in Washington D.C.

“She was caught in the line of fire because some kids had some automatic weapons they didn’t need,” the First Lady explained.“I just don’t want to keep disappointing our kids in this country. I want them to know that we put them first.”

Chicago police reported, however, that Pendleton was shot by a man who “opened fire with a handgun before fleeing in a waiting car.”

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4242 Feb 26, 2013
Blaming the 2nd amendment for mass shootings is like blaming the 1st amendment for bomb threats.
Don't tread on us or we will rise up and stomp you into the dust. as the founders intended.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#4244 Feb 26, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my, caught in another lie………what will the Obama’s think of next.
In an interview with Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts aired this morning, First Lady Michelle Obama recalled the tragic death of 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton who was shot and killed in Chicago after performing during the President’s Inauguration celebration in Washington D.C.
“She was caught in the line of fire because some kids had some automatic weapons they didn’t need,” the First Lady explained.“I just don’t want to keep disappointing our kids in this country. I want them to know that we put them first.”
Chicago police reported, however, that Pendleton was shot by a man who “opened fire with a handgun before fleeing in a waiting car.”
I can't figure out if these people are just over dramatic or down right habitual?
They lie when the truth will more than do.
Suppose it doesn't help that the MSM runs interference for them 24-7-365?

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4245 Feb 26, 2013
130 million gun owners in America. Bob on that!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4248 Feb 26, 2013
au cuntraire wrote:
<quoted text>So I'm saying I don't understand my own posts. Interesting, but you have to agree that I'm a moron.
Everyone agrees with that, troll.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4249 Feb 26, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't figure out if these people are just over dramatic or down right habitual?
They lie when the truth will more than do.
Suppose it doesn't help that the MSM runs interference for them 24-7-365?
You can't figure out much of anything, Bradley, and that's because you're a silly partisan twit.

Ms. Obama was mistaken, the editor caught the mistake and edited it out. That's what good editors do, they catch mistakes.

If it hadn't been edited out, she would have misspoke, and your kind would have jumped up and down like chimpanzees hooting and grunting about her "lie" or her "gaffe." Because it's what you DO, of course.

Silly little boys.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4250 Feb 26, 2013
FALCONER wrote:
Blaming the 2nd amendment for mass shootings is like blaming the 1st amendment for bomb threats.
Don't tread on us or we will rise up and stomp you into the dust. as the founders intended.
Who's "blaming the 2nd amendment for mass shootings?"

I blame murderous psychos with guns for mass shootings.

You're not very honest, are you?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#4251 Feb 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Assault weapons, as popularly defined, are not automatic or military weapons as you're pretending.
Assault weapons are, as I've already informed you, military-STYLED semi-automatic rifles like AR-15s.
LMAO. How does a "STYLE" define an article's definition?

Your statement is almost as ridiculous as your previous one where you claim that weapons of that "style" turn people into homicidal maniacs.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#4252 Feb 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't figure out much of anything, Bradley, and that's because you're a silly partisan twit.
Ms. Obama was mistaken, the editor caught the mistake and edited it out. That's what good editors do, they catch mistakes.
If it hadn't been edited out, she would have misspoke, and your kind would have jumped up and down like chimpanzees hooting and grunting about her "lie" or her "gaffe." Because it's what you DO, of course.
Silly little boys.
WHAT!!!!???

The PRESS is now in charge of making the Obamas LOOK GOOD by "editing out" their "mistakes"? This country is DOOMED.

You are out of your FU<KIN& 'MIND.'

How many Bush "gaffes" were edited out?
just another guy

United States

#4253 Feb 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
When all your firearms knowledge comes from cnn , you are the one who embarrasses themselves.

Location hidden

#4254 Feb 26, 2013
FALCONER wrote:
City Wants Power to “Disarm Individuals” During Crisis

Guntersville authorities would confiscate guns of “unruly” individuals during disasters

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
February 26, 2013

Guntersville (Ala.) Mayor Leigh Dollar is working with city officials to pass an ordinance that would give police the power to “disarm individuals” during a disaster, a chilling example of how the second amendment is being assaulted via the back door.

This is more an assault on the third amendment. Which is why it comes after the need for the 2nd amendment.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#4255 Feb 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! Spend thousands of dollars, gosh, you are sure showing me!
Hurry though... because you aren't going to be able to buy murder magazines or assault weapons much longer.
WAKEY-UPY!!! You're dreaming the dream other like minded sh1theel libs have been fed by their hypocrit master in D.C.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#4256 Feb 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's "blaming the 2nd amendment for mass shootings?"
I blame murderous psychos with guns for mass shootings.
You're not very honest, are you?
So,we're in agreement about keeping weapons out of the hands of mentally ill libs who are predisposed to go on shooting rampages..... Good. Political affiliation identification should be a prerequiset for firearm purchases. If you're a psycho lib with Anti-social tendencies,no sale. Nearly ALL mass shooters have been libs. So as a precedent libs need to be banned from owning guns. Furthermore they likely need mental evals to see just what KIND of treatment/meds they need to keep them from mass slaughter by other means when their prefered weapons of choice are denied them......

History has proven time and again libs/leftists are killers.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#4257 Feb 26, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>City Wants Power to “Disarm Individuals” During Crisis
Guntersville authorities would confiscate guns of “unruly” individuals during disasters
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
February 26, 2013
Guntersville (Ala.) Mayor Leigh Dollar is working with city officials to pass an ordinance that would give police the power to “disarm individuals” during a disaster, a chilling example of how the second amendment is being assaulted via the back door.
This is more an assault on the third amendment. Which is why it comes after the need for the 2nd amendment.
IF a disaster happens and the idiot Mayor decides its within HER power to send police to confiscate weapons two things will happen.

1. A lot of cops will die.

2. The Mayor will be summarily be "removed" fromn office.

PROBABLY by the surviving cops.......

Location hidden

#4258 Feb 26, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>IF a disaster happens and the idiot Mayor decides its within HER power to send police to confiscate weapons two things will happen.
Exactly. Isn't a crisis when we will need our 2nd amendment rights the most.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#4259 Feb 26, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Isn't a crisis when we will need our 2nd amendment rights the most.
According to those who THINK they matter we never need them..... Funny thing about libs and crisises.... Its AMAZING how fast they become conservative when THEIR azz is on the line. LOL

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4260 Feb 27, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
The list is growing for those folks who do not want to support those magazines, companies, etc. who pander to the NRA and the gun business and suck on their teats. Never go to Walmart and never will.
Or we can place our money, support and business with those companies who do NOT support GUNS, GUNS, GUNS and GUNS.
Good to see some folks and organizations divesting themselves of firearms holdings.
CABLE NEWS RACE
MON FEB 25 2013

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,174,000
FOXNEWS THE FIVE 2,006,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,002,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,863,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,849,000
CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,610,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,310,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,271,000
MSNBC MADDOW 921,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 853,000
CNN COOPER 788,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 708,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 706,000
CNNHN NANCY GRACE 657,000
CNN PIERS 637,000
----------
CNN's ratings fall within Zucker's first month...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4262 Feb 27, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>IF a disaster happens and the idiot Mayor decides its within HER power to send police to confiscate weapons two things will happen.
I'm sure they'll be glad to know you're one of the nutballs potentially planning an insurrection. LOL

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4263 Feb 27, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>So,we're in agreement about keeping weapons out of the hands of mentally ill libs who are predisposed to go on shooting rampages..... Good. Political affiliation identification should be a prerequiset for firearm purchases. If you're a psycho lib with Anti-social tendencies,no sale. Nearly ALL mass shooters have been libs. So as a precedent libs need to be banned from owning guns. Furthermore they likely need mental evals to see just what KIND of treatment/meds they need to keep them from mass slaughter by other means when their prefered weapons of choice are denied them......
History has proven time and again libs/leftists are killers.
You've proven time and time again you're a liar and a partisan extremist.

GFY, moron.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4264 Feb 27, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>So,we're in agreement about keeping weapons out of the hands of mentally ill libs who are predisposed to go on shooting rampages..... Good....EDITED....
Just highlighting this as a typically dishonest rightie tactic, pretending to agree with something which wasn't agreed to at all, but in fact represents the OPPOSITE of the other person's views.

Can a conservative tell the truth? I'm sure it happens, but not often on THESE boards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientology calls HBO's documentary 'false prop... 7 min red pill 2
News Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 21 min A duck 333
News What life is like for Casey Anthony (Jul '14) 1 hr Lon Spector 287
News Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigat... (Apr '10) 1 hr jim 368
News Former nonprofit CEO pleads guilty to diverting... 1 hr Frances 1
News Vallejo is not Ferguson a " officials working t... 5 hr Doh 1
News Obama to ask agency official to step down amid ... 6 hr Dix 16
More from around the web