Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3769 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#4217 Feb 25, 2013
To date 44 companies(and counting)are refusing to sell arms,ammo and accessories to L/E agencies in States that pass new anti-gun laws. Refusing to place advertising in publications that support anti-gun legislation such as trade magazines and local newspapers.

May the list grow.....

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#4220 Feb 25, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
god gave you herpes
The usual lame lib attempt at insult. Try again Jack.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#4221 Feb 25, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
your mom swallowed but you were dribbled on her lip!
Does that mean you're the original azzhole baby?
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#4223 Feb 25, 2013
okimar wrote:
To date 44 companies(and counting)are refusing to sell arms,ammo and accessories to L/E agencies in States that pass new anti-gun laws. Refusing to place advertising in publications that support anti-gun legislation such as trade magazines and local newspapers. May the list grow.....
The list is growing for those folks who do not want to support those magazines, companies, etc. who pander to the NRA and the gun business and suck on their teats. Never go to Walmart and never will.

Or we can place our money, support and business with those companies who do NOT support GUNS, GUNS, GUNS and GUNS.

Good to see some folks and organizations divesting themselves of firearms holdings.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#4224 Feb 25, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So who screams when conservatives suggest stopping fedral funding for Planned Parenthood?
We should all scream (especially women) when the backward thinking republicants want to defund Planned Parenthood. It is important service for women - FULL STOP.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#4225 Feb 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
We should all scream (especially women) when the backward thinking republicants want to defund Planned Parenthood. It is important service for women - FULL STOP.
So you are FOR abortions. Thanks.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4226 Feb 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to Harry Reid that has everyone on a three day work week, while he blocks bills on spending cuts from house.
Dec 7, 2006

Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA) is upset that the new leadership of the 110th Congress plans to work five days a week. From today’s Washington Post:

“Keeping us up here eats away at families,” said Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.), who typically flies home on Thursdays and returns to Washington on Tuesdays.“Marriages suffer. The Democrats could care less about families — that’s what this says.”

Today on Fox News, he defended his comments.“With BlackBerrys, cell phones, you can stay in touch with what’s going on in Washington.”

Congress has tried it Kingston’s way and it didn’t work. The 109th Congress — which has “been in session for a grand total of 103 days this year”—“failed to enact a host of once top-priority legislation on issues such as overhauling Social Security, immigration and lobbying laws.” Congress even failed its basic responsibility of providing a budget for the government, completing “just two of the 11 fiscal 2006 appropriation bills.”

But It's all Harry's fault.

Try Dennis Hasert.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4227 Feb 25, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>My what a little fibber you are. Surly you do remember the thousands of calls that went to congress and the white house screeming about the illigals and the Bush/McCain plan to grant a taco in every home.
Evidently those "thousands" of calls must have happened on a Friday ,Saturday, Sunday or Monday, those days are reserved for doing less than nothing, when congress is in session.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4228 Feb 25, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you stop posting as "Caribou Barbie?
"Caribou Barbie"?

Still.......... NOT God.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4229 Feb 25, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to tell you and that big-eared Marxist occupying 1600 Penn Ave to go and f&cX yourselves, and that is a consequence of my DNA, not an acquisition.
That would be the 1st amendment.

Still.......... NOT God.

Poor teabagger.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#4230 Feb 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
The list is growing for those folks who do not want to support those magazines, companies, etc. who pander to the NRA and the gun business and suck on their teats. Never go to Walmart and never will.
Or we can place our money, support and business with those companies who do NOT support GUNS, GUNS, GUNS and GUNS.
Good to see some folks and organizations divesting themselves of firearms holdings.
Orders on ARs,hi-cap mags and other accessories are BACK ordered for the foreseeable future. Other types of firearms are in similar condition. Ammo supplies are tight and the companies can't make bullets fast enough to supply demand. It seems the firearms business is doing really GOOD. Some in the industry are considering presenting Obama with the Salesman of the YEAR award. RECORD numbers have joined the NRA and other firearms groups. Up also are applications for CCW permits/licenses..... Whuda thunk a liberal democratic President would have had such a POSITIVE impact on firearm ownership?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4231 Feb 25, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are already in damage control mode, LOL
LOL it sounds like you are talking with your mouth full again, donglicker.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4232 Feb 25, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Orders on ARs,hi-cap mags and other accessories are BACK ordered for the foreseeable future
Great! Spend thousands of dollars, gosh, you are sure showing me!

Hurry though... because you aren't going to be able to buy murder magazines or assault weapons much longer.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4234 Feb 26, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Talking religion with a lib is like showing a monkey a shiny..... They want to play with it without knowing why it shines..... Since libs tend to be close minded and prefer to ridicule rather than try yo understand I see no reason to discuss it with you. All I CAN tell you is God gave Man free will,all else is YOUR personal choice.
Conservatives tend to be Christian on the outside but fascist on the inside. They want to make nice Nazi-style uniforms for themselves with Jesus crosses instead of swastikas, and turn America into a Christianazi police state. They have no free will, only the duty to follow their God and his cult.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4235 Feb 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hurry though... because you aren't going to be able to buy murder magazines or assault weapons much longer.
Maybe, but you can the Presidency........

PRESIDENCY FOR SALE........LIKE CLINTON ONLY ON A BIGGER SCALE

Carney Unable to Defend OFA Arrangement, Hurries Away From Podium
2:54 PM, Feb 25, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER subscribers.

Over the weekend, the New York Times reported that donating $500,000 to the group Organizing for Action will get one quarterly meetings with President Barack Obama. "Giving or raising $500,000 or more puts donors on a national advisory board for Mr. Obama’s group and the privilege of attending quarterly meetings with the president, along with other meetings at the White House," reported the Times.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#4236 Feb 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a murder magazine?

If you get vetted and pay the tax you can still buy assault weapons, as you've been able to do since the 1930s.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#4237 Feb 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives tend to be Christian on the outside but fascist on the inside. They want to make nice Nazi-style uniforms for themselves with Jesus crosses instead of swastikas, and turn America into a Christianazi police state. They have no free will, only the duty to follow their God and his cult.
Liberals tend to be atheists on the outside but communists on the inside. They want to make nice Armani uniforms for themselves with "Forward" instead of hammers and sickles, and turn America into a Soviet/Maoist police state. They have no free will, only the duty to follow their Lord Obama and his cult.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4238 Feb 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals tend to be atheists on the outside but communists on the inside. They want to make nice Armani uniforms for themselves with "Forward" instead of hammers and sickles, and turn America into a Soviet/Maoist police state. They have no free will, only the duty to follow their Lord Obama and his cult.
Stupidly, you miss the point of my post and do just what Oki-Dokie was doing - making wild, stupid, biased generalizations. That's what MY post was satirizing, obviously.

Well,'obviously' to anyone who's not a moron...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4239 Feb 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a murder magazine?
If you get vetted and pay the tax you can still buy assault weapons, as you've been able to do since the 1930s.
Assault weapons, as popularly defined, are not automatic or military weapons as you're pretending.

Assault weapons are, as I've already informed you, military-STYLED semi-automatic rifles like AR-15s.

Pleast stop embarrassing yourself.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4240 Feb 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupidly, you miss the point of my post and do just what Oki-Dokie was doing - making wild, stupid, biased generalizations. That's what MY post was satirizing, obviously.
Well,'obviously' to anyone who's not a moron...:)
So you're saying you don't understand you own post. Interesting, but I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump aide Cohen apologizes for 'rape' comment 1 hr Le Jimbo 62
News Hillview man arrested for shooting down drone; ... 2 hr Come on now 4
News Former teacher at Hayward Catholic school order... (Sep '14) 4 hr The hand of God 4
News Fitchburg man held without bail in severe child... 6 hr Fleitas 2
News Judge adds 54 years to sentence of Albuquerque ... 6 hr No pudding here 11
News Health care co-ops awash in red ink, lacking mo... 10 hr goonsquad 7
News Suspect in Charleston church shooting expected ... 12 hr goonsquad 1
More from around the web