Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3769 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4040 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Babbling idiocy, even by your standards. Completely senseless.
Of course it's senseless, it too logical for your bity brain to functionally process. Back to fixing bicycles pookie.
just another guy

Denver, CO

#4041 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Trouble is, no one's calling for that to happen. You're imagining it.
For an "intellectual" you are quite ignorant. You didn't even know biden told jill to use a double barrel shotgun and fire 2 shots off the balcony.

It is happening. Not necessarily all at once but the laws making their way through various states are just steps toward the disarming of the American people.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4042 Feb 21, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it's senseless, it too logical for your bity brain to functionally process. Back to fixing bicycles pookie.
This was idiot babble:

"what did Obama spend then on his 7 million and 3 million in revenue spent..."

It means NOTHING. It is SENSELESS. There is NO LOGIC IN IT. And no one would GIVE you a bicycle to fix, you're incapable of doing anything but typing idiocy in mom's basement.

GO AWAY, troll. Stop stalking me.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4043 Feb 21, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
For an "intellectual" you are quite ignorant. You didn't even know biden told jill to use a double barrel shotgun and fire 2 shots off the balcony.
It is happening. Not necessarily all at once but the laws making their way through various states are just steps toward the disarming of the American people.
No proof...unsupported claim about Biden's comments...paranoid lunacy about "disarming the American people."

Yep, you're a gunner! Got that basement filled with ammo yet, clown?:)
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#4044 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidents can't spend tax dollars, fool. How many times do we have to TELL you 'baggers that?
So Bush is blameless on the federal deficits during his terms, Duh?
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#4045 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a responsible Senator vote for a bill passed by the Teabagger House?
If there ARE 28 bills (most likely that's just a talking point) I wouldn't vote on ANY of them. Screw the House.
So the House doesn't fit into your Progressive America Utopia, comrade?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4046 Feb 21, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So Bush is blameless on the federal deficits during his terms, Duh?
"Presidents can't spend tax dollars" is confusing to you somehow?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4047 Feb 21, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So the House doesn't fit into your Progressive America Utopia, comrade?
Teabaggers don't fit into AMERICA, mein Herr.

Since: Oct 09

Arvada, CO

#4048 Feb 21, 2013
In case anyone is still discussing the subject of the forum.... below is the link to the inter-department memo that obammy and his goon holder had researched to prove their assault rifle ban was the best for our "safety", only thing is the memo states just the opposite and concludes the only way to enforce a ban is to confiscate and outlaw all guns,ammo and mags PERIOD! Looks like we found who hitler was reincarnated into, the closet homo-muslim marxist obammy!

http://www.nraila.org/media/10883516/nij-gun-...

au contraire

Location hidden

#4049 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
This was idiot babble:
"what did Obama spend then on his 7 million and 3 million in revenue spent..."
It means NOTHING. It is SENSELESS. There is NO LOGIC IN IT. And no one would GIVE you a bicycle to fix, you're incapable of doing anything but typing idiocy in mom's basement.
GO AWAY, troll. Stop stalking me.
Stalking YOU......you responded to me pookie. Get a grip. You intiated the contact. Now run away and play. You are beginning to bore me.

au contraire

Location hidden

#4050 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
NO WONDER OBAMA PICKED KERRY, THEY WERE BOTH FOR IT BEFORE THEY WERE AGAINST IT.

OBAMA: I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending………..November 21, 2011.

February 19, 2013
OBAMA: Now, for two years, I’ve offered a balanced approach to deficit reduction that would prevent these harmful cuts.

THE OBAMA JOKE CONTINUES………THE UNDER EDUCATED CHILDREN STILL SAY WHAT WHAT WHAT …………..
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#4051 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
People who hold the US Constitution as sacred in both word and spirit don't "fit"?

Where were you born, comrade?

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#4052 Feb 21, 2013
subhuman 84 wrote:
<quoted text>Jack you have replies that are homosexual innuendoes. But that doesn't surprise me coming from a democrap like you. LOLAJW.
Most libs are gayboyz. Some out of the closet,many still in. They release their gayboy tendencies with their little innuendos about OTHER'S sexuality. Mirror/reflective denial I think they call it in the mental health field. Accusing others of what they themselves desire to do/perform,OR have done on/by other males. Another factoid proving liberalism is a mental disorder.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#4053 Feb 21, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
again it's not innuendo I called you out quite clearly poo pusher!
There you go again. The only thing you can call out are homosexual innuendoes. LOLAJW

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#4054 Feb 21, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
People who hold the US Constitution as sacred in both word and spirit don't "fit"?
Where were you born, comrade?
Professer is a nematode. No brain,sightless,deaf. Destined to spend its life crawling under the surface for sustenance. Living off other organisms. Well,basically a parasite. Most like a multi-generational one.....
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#4055 Feb 21, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Most libs are gayboyz. Some out of the closet,many still in. They release their gayboy tendencies with their little innuendos about OTHER'S sexuality. Mirror/reflective denial I think they call it in the mental health field. Accusing others of what they themselves desire to do/perform,OR have done on/by other males. Another factoid proving liberalism is a mental disorder.
"Accusing others of what they themselves desire to do/perform,"

This is a Democrat Party strategy.
just another guy

Denver, CO

#4058 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof...unsupported claim about Biden's comments...paranoid lunacy about "disarming the American people."
Yep, you're a gunner! Got that basement filled with ammo yet, clown?:)
No proof? How about this? I told you it would be on you tube , but you couldn't be bothered to try to find it.

There is no paranoia . The left wants to disarm us. There are plenty of statements they have made that their goal is to disarm us. Stick your head in the sand if you wish.

au contraire

Location hidden

#4059 Feb 21, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Professer is a nematode. No brain,sightless,deaf. Destined to spend its life crawling under the surface for sustenance. Living off other organisms. Well,basically a parasite. Most like a multi-generational one.....
CHICAGOLAND: Dental health for city's poor 'in midst of collapse'...

REPORT: Half of Detroit property owners don't pay taxes...
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#4061 Feb 21, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
actually most repressed republicans abuse young boys then try to turn to god and legislate others behavior to cover thier own dysfunctional behavior, sound familiar?
You're pretty much not worth paying attention to...
just another guy

Denver, CO

#4062 Feb 21, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
now you see why you are irrelevant?
Is it just the people who believe the govt should operate within the limits of the Constitution that are irrelevant or the Constitution itself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Second Massena man sentenced to prison in Brash... 2 hr sharon 35
News House budget pumps $170M into solving Ohio's op... 8 hr They cannot kill ... 4
News Sheriff Cory Hutcheson Vowed to Clean Up His Ru... 11 hr guest 27
News Newburgh teen charged in shooting 12 hr Paisano 2
News BPD relocating due to hazardous conditions 12 hr BB Board 1
News Celebrate Medicare's 50th Birthday By Expanding... (Aug '15) 13 hr CZars_R_US 3
News GOP Gov: Brewer Defends Medicaid Expansion: 'We... (Jun '13) 13 hr Flea your boss 44
More from around the web