Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3769 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#4013 Feb 20, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
actually they are observations of how most republicans really behave, seems they like young boys or males more than catholic priests then try to hide behind family values! go figure.
You must hang around the elite few often to have so much personal information about them. You're probably the ring leader given your homosexual innuendoes. LOLAJW
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#4015 Feb 21, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whether you hate Reagan or not, he did try once elected to get the congress on the same page".
Congress worked a lot better back then.
Promises of domestic reform were made by that congress. Repubs keep believing in those promises and then get screwed. This congress has made promises to the ones that voted for them and screw them over while you say giving away the candy store to you is not enough. So in the spirit of peaceful coexistence.. You have to agree. We need a quick financial collapse followed by a couple of nukes will straighten us all out. We are spoiled by voting ourselves gifts that both the domestic middle class taxpayer and the foreign citizen pay for. One taxed to the rafters, the other a casualty from our bullying and wars.

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4016 Feb 21, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
why so the terrorist tea party can obstruct it because they don't comprehend how a government works!
You mean by dram and contrived MSM stories.....

Obama Website Invites Victims to Share Gun Violence Stories......

When will Obama do his real job??????????

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4017 Feb 21, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Who determines how/when $$$$$ comes in?
Isn't that congress?
He can't spend a dime without them.
......after 10 million spent on vacation since the election.........tell us moron, who gave him the money.........who's his bag man.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#4018 Feb 21, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you speak from some experience there Peter puffer!
Another innuendo with reference to the male organ. You seem really fixated on that. LOLAJW

Location hidden

#4019 Feb 21, 2013
Obama considers intervening in gay marriage case........but after six months, still nothing on Benghazi.

Location hidden

#4022 Feb 21, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
when will the house republicans get a clue and do theirs?
What "clue" would that be? Caving to every demand from Obama and the left?

Speaking of clueless, why did Obama hand the gun control to blithering idiot Joe Biden?

What gun safety class tells you to "just walk out on the balcony, take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house"?

Location hidden

#4023 Feb 21, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
when will the house republicans get a clue and do theirs?
when will Reid allow a vote on the 28 bills the house sent up already........your turn.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4024 Feb 21, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>You can't reduce a deficit if you have a President spending tax dollars faster than they come in.... THATS what creates a deficit.
Presidents can't spend tax dollars, fool. How many times do we have to TELL you 'baggers that?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4025 Feb 21, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>when will Reid allow a vote on the 28 bills the house sent up already........your turn.
Why would a responsible Senator vote for a bill passed by the Teabagger House?

If there ARE 28 bills (most likely that's just a talking point) I wouldn't vote on ANY of them. Screw the House.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4026 Feb 21, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
What "clue" would that be? Caving to every demand from Obama and the left?
Speaking of clueless, why did Obama hand the gun control to blithering idiot Joe Biden?
What gun safety class tells you to "just walk out on the balcony, take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house"?
Another made-up quote? Still pissed that Biden handed Ryan his ass in the VP debate, I suppose...:)
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#4029 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidents can't spend tax dollars, fool. How many times do we have to TELL you 'baggers that?
You're not one to talk, Professor Fartsack you arrogant ass. You've been told MANY times by MANY people that your asinine comments are worthless but you don't listen.
just another guy

Denver, CO

#4030 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Another made-up quote? Still pissed that Biden handed Ryan his ass in the VP debate, I suppose...:)
Umm no. It is on video. I imagine it has made it's way to you tube by now. Saw it on the news myself. I never thought I would say this, but it is better advise than the Co legislator that suggests defending yourself with a ball point pen.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#4031 Feb 21, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>when will Reid allow a vote on the 28 bills the house sent up already........your turn.
Thats the 60 dollar question.
House Democrats have supported all the jobs bills Reid is blocking for his usual bumbledom partisan reasons.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4033 Feb 21, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm no. It is on video. I imagine it has made it's way to you tube by now. Saw it on the news myself. I never thought I would say this, but it is better advise than the Co legislator that suggests defending yourself with a ball point pen.
I read his quotes, it was a whistle or a callbox. And those are good suggestions, though not the ONLY way for a woman to defend herself.
just another guy

Denver, CO

#4034 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I read his quotes, it was a whistle or a callbox. And those are good suggestions, though not the ONLY way for a woman to defend herself.
I have no problem with a person using anything to defend themselves. However to try to take away their Constitutional right to arms to defend themselves is criminal. Our "representatives" are declaring war on the citizens.

Location hidden

#4035 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
what did Obama spend then on his 7 million and 3 million in revenue spent......pray tell, was it pesos, Euros or yen.
just another guy

Denver, CO

#4036 Feb 21, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
you simpletons are being overrun!
Ok , I am a simpleton. I simply want the govt to stay within the limits of the Constitution.
You are right, we are being overrun. By parasites and the criminals that call themselves "representatives".

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4038 Feb 21, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with a person using anything to defend themselves. However to try to take away their Constitutional right to arms to defend themselves is criminal. Our "representatives" are declaring war on the citizens.
Trouble is, no one's calling for that to happen. You're imagining it.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4039 Feb 21, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>what did Obama spend then on his 7 million and 3 million in revenue spent......pray tell, was it pesos, Euros or yen.
Babbling idiocy, even by your standards. Completely senseless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 24 min too lazy to log in 57
News Second state audit blasts Health Connector for ... 25 min American_Infidel 1
News White House staffer indicted for shooting at Ca... 43 min Corey 1
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 3 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 25
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerks who ref... 3 hr John Smith 23
News Therapists share success, needs with Kelly 4 hr Joe to sleep 2
News Legal experts see no criminal trouble for Clint... 4 hr Black Annie 8
More from around the web