Would an assault weapons ban work?

Dec 17, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 3,771

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Full Story

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#3930 Feb 15, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not innuendo if it's blatantly obvious you rim riding Peter puffer!
Oh.... So you KNOW Barefotting is a flamer? Guess it takes one to know one. What is it they say? A duck knows its own.....
just another guy

Denver, CO

#3931 Feb 15, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever posted anything but half-literate racist vulgarities, the world of Topix would shatter in surprise.
Nothing racist about it. The only vulgarity come from barefool itself. Barefool admitted it was on topix to sling turds. Have you read it's gay diatribes?

To anyone that has been to the zoo, the first thing that comes to mind when turd flingin is mentioned is the monkeys. Then to reinforce that take on barefool, barefool posts it's gay fantasies on every response. Humans can rise above thinking with their sexual organs. Barefool is incapable of that task.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3933 Feb 15, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Going by YOUR criteria for elected officials responsibilities to enforce the laws WE have a sound basis to IMPEACH Obama
Yeah, do let me know how that works out for you.

Of course, we've been waiting for four years for that birth certificate you claimed was fake.
Holy Ghost

Kansas City, MO

#3934 Feb 15, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not innuendo if it's blatantly obvious you rim riding Peter puffer!
Jack and okimar get a room. Sound like a bromance brewing........can you smell the rubber burning and the mud flaps slapping.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3935 Feb 15, 2013
Put the same requirements on voting as there is for legally purchasing a firearm.
There would be no democratic party.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3936 Feb 15, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.... So you KNOW Barefotting is a flamer? Guess it takes one to know one. What is it they say? A duck knows its own.....
They say nothing of the kind, you nincompoop! They say you have a ringside seat to your gluteus maximus.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Grand Haven, MI

#3941 Feb 16, 2013
Map of incidents where guns were used by regular citizens to defend lives.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

Two points about the map.

First, the map is not comprehensive. Criminals will often flee the scene when they discover that their intended target has a gun. With no shots fired, no injuries, and no suspect in custody, news organizations may report nothing at all. Thus, it is important to remember that news reports can only provide us with an imperfect picture of defensive gun use in America.

Second, when a citizen is able to shoot an attacker or hold a rapist or robber until the police arrive, it is very likely that more than one crime has been prevented because if the culprit had not been stopped, he could have targeted other citizens as well. The bottom line is that gun owners stop a lot of criminal mayhem every year.

As the above map clearly illustrates, firearms &#8203;have &#8203;been used to save lives. Politicians, IF they *actually* care about people's safety (rather than about increasing their own power) should be a little more mindful when it comes to legislation that would make it more difficult for Americans to have access to guns.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3943 Feb 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, many sheriff also refused to enforce the equal rights in the South and even turned hoses on peaceful demonstrators.
If sheriffs refuse to do their job: fire them them.
It isn't up to the sheriffs to decide which laws they should enforce and even the threat to not do their job should be enough to relieve them of their jobs.
Yep, dem liberal sheriff's were a bitch in da south huh Orca.

Paris

#3944 Feb 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, do let me know how that works out for you.
Of course, we've been waiting for four years for that birth certificate you claimed was fake.
So have we, call your boy Obama and have him release it. The COLB was fake, let's see the real goods.

Paris

#3945 Feb 16, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
projecting your dream valentine date? keep your vinegary barbecue sauce in your pants
House votes to extend pay freeze for federal workers
The House voted Friday to extend a pay freeze for federal workers, already in effect for more than two years, for another nine months.

So much for Obama thinking he could give all his buds and Czars pay raises.
HungSoLow

Russellville, KY

#3946 Feb 16, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The House voted Friday to extend a pay freeze for federal workers, already in effect for more than two years, for another nine months.
So much for Obama thinking he could give all his buds and Czars pay raises.
Obama is the one that called for the pay freeze you dumb POS.

Location hidden

#3947 Feb 16, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>So have we, call your boy Obama and have him release it.
Even Palin laughs at birthers.

I see the REPUBLICAN party taking a real beating in the polls.

Jindal is right: they have to stop being the stupid party.

Have you considered leaving and starting your own? Taking your aliases with you?

Location hidden

#3948 Feb 16, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: flagged... off topic, cross posted Dumbospam.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#3952 Feb 16, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>.
Yes, you're just getting started posting idiotic spam, that's probably true.
Four...:)
I laugh at you. You really do amuse me.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#3953 Feb 16, 2013
subhuman 84 wrote:
<quoted text>I laugh at you. You really do amuse me.
Actually,the Professor does make some valid points.

Bazinga,,,

Since: Jan 13

United States

#3954 Feb 16, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually,the Professor does make some valid points.
Bazinga,,,
The only valid points professor makes is gibberish. He/she,black /white is a very confused individual. And don't forget it's not the professor but THA professor.

Paris

#3955 Feb 17, 2013
HungSoLow wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is the one that called for the pay freeze you dumb POS.
Lie, but continue, I can sell your bs to Leno for his show.

Paris

#3956 Feb 17, 2013
Holy Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Jack and okimar get a room. Sound like a bromance brewing........can you smell the rubber burning and the mud flaps slapping.
It's the curp feelers that make me laugh. That's what really is causing the sparks to fly.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3957 Feb 17, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Lie, but continue, I can sell your bs to Leno for his show.
November 29, 2010

President Obama on Monday called for a two-year freeze in the wages of federal employees.

The freeze, which would need congressional approval and save $60 billion over 10 years, would make a small dent in the nation's debt problem. Budget experts say nearly $6 trillion in deficit reduction is needed to stabize the debt, so the new proposal achieves less than 1% of what's ultimately needed.

According to the administration, the two-year pay freeze would save $2 billion for the remainder of fiscal year 2011 and $28 billion over the next five years.

The freeze would not apply to military personnel, but would apply to all civilian federal employees, including those working at the Department of Defense. Approximately 2 million federal workers will be affected, according to the Office of Management and Budget.

Foiled by facts again? Le Dimbulb.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Grand Haven, MI

#3958 Feb 17, 2013
As long as there are more good guys than bad guys, arming the populace will always favor the law abiding citizen over the criminal, as there will be more good guys with guns than bad guys with guns. Remove guns as a legal option and only criminals will be armed, and will subsequently victimize the unarmed and helpless.

Another thing to consider as well is that if there are no or very few civilians with guns for criminals to steal, the criminals will start stealing LE and full-military weapons.

This already happens to some extent. The DoD refuses to release detailed information on the numbers and types of weapons lost/stolen yearly and that end up in the hands of criminals and gangs. I don't want gangbangers with SAWs, shoulder-fired rockets, and full-auto grenade launchers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama rolls out "It's On Us" initiative to comb... 11 min Obama Bad 4
Massena woman who threatened boyfriend with ste... 32 min screw u 2
Susan Frederick-Gray v. Joe Arpaio 42 min spud 9
Councilman Kenney calls for federal hate-crime ... 1 hr Christaliban 4
Massena teen told he has hole to dig out of to ... 5 hr Still on my High ... 5
Arroyo to appeal after sentence reduction denied 5 hr idahotriple E 1
Wallin-Reed guilty of first-degree murder - Ful... (Oct '13) 8 hr 3redmoons 73
•••

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE