Would an assault weapons ban work?

Dec 17, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 3,771

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Full Story

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3812 Feb 11, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
From the cop being sought right now - who also served in the forces as well;
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TE737L...
I don't click on the garbage you post.
I hope it takes a long time to catch the democrat being sought because it'll give him a chance to eliminate more democrats.
Wondering

San Diego, CA

#3813 Feb 11, 2013
Hell yes, with no more guns to buy people would then purchase fertilizer like Tim McVey do alot more damage than an assault weapons being used by 50 men.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3814 Feb 11, 2013
FALCONER wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't click on the garbage you post.
I hope it takes a long time to catch the democrat being sought because it'll give him a chance to eliminate more democrats.
Remain ignorant. Suits you and your ilk.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#3815 Feb 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe you chin, donglicker.
It seems Colorado knows exactly what an assault weapon is.
When it comes to shooting up homosexuals you are an experienced assault weapon, flamer.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#3816 Feb 11, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
Part of the manifesto lft behind bythe LAPD officer nw being sought;
If you had a well regulated AWB, this would not happen. The time is now to reinstitute a ban that will save lives. Why does any sportsman need a 30 round magazine for hunting? Why does anyone need a suppressor? Why does anyone need a AR15 rifle? This is the same small arms weapons system utilized in eradicating Al Qaeda, Taliban, and every enemy combatant since the Vietnam war. Donít give me that crap that its not a select fire or full auto rifle like the DoD uses. Thatís bullshit because troops who carry the M-4/M-16 weapon system for combat ops outside the wire rarely utilize the select fire function when in contact with enemy combatants. The use of select fire probably isnít even 1% in combat. So in essence, the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle is the same as the M-4/M-16. These do not need to be purchased as easily as walking to your local Walmart or striking the enter key on your keyboard to "add to cart". All the firearms utilized in my activities are registered to me and were legally purchased at gun stores and private party transfers. All concealable weapons (pistols) were also legally register in my name at police stations or FFL's. Unfortunately, are you aware that I obtained class III weapons (suppressors) without a background check thru NICS or DROS completely LEGALLY several times? I was able to use a trust account that I created on quicken will maker and a $10 notary charge at a mailbox etc. to obtain them legally. Granted, I am not a felon, nor have a DV misdemeanor conviction or active TRO against me on a NCIC file. I can buy any firearm I want, but should I be able to purchase these class III weapons (SBR's, and suppressors) without a background check and just a $10 notary signature on a quicken will maker program? The answer is NO. I'm not even a resident of the state i purchased them in. Lock n Load just wanted money so they allow you to purchase class III weapons with just a notarized trust, military ID. Shame on you, Lock n Load. NFA and ATF need new laws and policies that do not allow loopholes such as this. In the end, I hope that you will realize that the small arms I utilize should not be accessed with the ease that I obtained them. Who in there right mind needs a f------ silencer!!! who needs a freaking SBR AR15? No one. No more Virginia Tech, Columbine HS, Wisconsin temple, Aurora theatre, Portland malls, Tucson rally, Newtown Sandy Hook. Whether by executive order or thru a bi-partisan congress an assault weapons ban needs to be re-instituted. Period!!!
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Cop-R...
Columbine? That was four years into the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban and Eric Harris used a totally legal Hi-Point 995 with a ten round magazine. Apparently he solved the magazine restriction by carrying thirteen magazines. He fired 96 rounds before committing suicide. In addition, The Va tech shooter had two handguns, a 9mm and a .22.

The Bath School disaster is the deadliest mass murder in a school in US history. On May 18,1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, Andrew Kehoe killed 38 elementary school children ,6 adults, and injured at least 58 other people. Kehoe first killed his wife, fire-bombed his farm and set off a major explosion in the Bath Consolidated School, before committing suicide by detonating a final explosion in his truck.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#3817 Feb 11, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a f---ing clue that Americans are BEING MURDERED EVERY DAY, OFTEN EN MASSE.
Now what are you gunners going to DO about that? Nothing, as usual?
Wrong idiot, we're pushing for universal background checks which I believe is necessary but idiots like you think that's still not enough. You're obviously surrounded by criminals hence your opinion.
just another guy

Denver, CO

#3818 Feb 11, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
If you had a well regulated AWB, this would not happen. The time is now to reinstitute a ban that will save lives. Why does any sportsman need a 30 round magazine for hunting? Why does anyone need a suppressor? Why does anyone need a AR15 rifle? This is the same small arms weapons system utilized in eradicating Al Qaeda, Taliban, and every enemy combatant since the Vietnam war. Donít give me that crap that its not a select fire or full auto rifle like the DoD uses. Thatís bullshit because troops who carry the M-4/M-16 weapon system for combat ops outside the wire rarely utilize the select fire function when in contact with enemy combatants. The use of select fire probably isnít even 1% in combat. So in essence, the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle is the same as the M-4/M-16. These do not need to be purchased as easily as walking to your local Walmart or striking the enter key on your keyboard to "add to cart". All the firearms utilized in my activities are registered to me and were legally purchased at gun stores and private party transfers. All concealable weapons (pistols) were also legally register in my name at police stations or FFL's. Unfortunately, are you aware that I obtained class III weapons (suppressors) without a background check thru NICS or DROS completely LEGALLY several times? I was able to use a trust account that I created on quicken will maker and a $10 notary charge at a mailbox etc. to obtain them legally. Granted, I am not a felon, nor have a DV misdemeanor conviction or active TRO against me on a NCIC file. I can buy any firearm I want, but should I be able to purchase these class III weapons (SBR's, and suppressors) without a background check and just a $10 notary signature on a quicken will maker program? The answer is NO. I'm not even a resident of the state i purchased them in. Lock n Load just wanted money so they allow you to purchase class III weapons with just a notarized trust, military ID. Shame on you, Lock n Load. NFA and ATF need new laws and policies that do not allow loopholes such as this. In the end, I hope that you will realize that the small arms I utilize should not be accessed with the ease that I obtained them. Who in there right mind needs a f------ silencer!!! who needs a freaking SBR AR15? No one. No more Virginia Tech, Columbine HS, Wisconsin temple, Aurora theatre, Portland malls, Tucson rally, Newtown Sandy Hook. Whether by executive order or thru a bi-partisan congress an assault weapons ban needs to be re-instituted. Period!!!
And there is the proof the gun control loons on the left are batshit crazy.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3819 Feb 11, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to shooting up homosexuals you are an experienced assault weapon, flamer.
You know a lot more about going down on homosexuals, Donglicker.

Stick to what you know.

Wipe you chins, Shug.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3820 Feb 12, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
From the cop being sought right now - who also served in the forces as well;
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TE737L...
Cheney: President picked Hagel to oversee 'damage' to nation's military...

February 11, 2013, 6:00 AM
The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden... Is Screwed
For the first time, the Navy SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden tells his story ó speaking not just about the raid and the three shots that changed history, but about the personal aftermath for himself and his family. And the startling failure of the United States government to help its most experienced and skilled warriors carry on with their lives.
By Phil Bronstein

Read more: Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden - Treatment of Veteran Who Shot bin Laden - Esquire http://www.esquire.com/features/man-who-shot-...

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3821 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick to what you know.
Wipe you chins, Shug.
BIDEN: We're counting on 'legitimate media' for gun control effort...CODE: MSM-Media Matters

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#3822 Feb 12, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>The corners report isn't even out pookie. I'm sure the leftist are quoting what the White House version is supposed to be.
Dismissed. You've lost, you're just too stupid to know it.

BTW, idiot, it's a "CORONER's report." Moron.

Progress, not Denial

#3823 Feb 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Cheney: President picked Hagel to oversee 'damage' to nation's military...
February 11, 2013, 6:00 AM
The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden... Is Screwed
For the first time, the Navy SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden tells his story ó speaking not just about the raid and the three shots that changed history, but about the personal aftermath for himself and his family. And the startling failure of the United States government to help its most experienced and skilled warriors carry on with their lives.
By Phil Bronstein
Read more: Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden - Treatment of Veteran Who Shot bin Laden - Esquire http://www.esquire.com/features/man-who-shot-...
Still spamming and licking Cheney's arse...what a surprise. Lies are all you've got.

Progress, not Denial

#3824 Feb 12, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And there is the proof the gun control loons on the left are batshit crazy.
Your post was proof that righties have no clue about the facts, and simply toss out insults and babble like loons when the facts are presented to them.

Which is why it's a waste of time to present facts to righties. Pearls before swine, and all...

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3825 Feb 12, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post was proof that righties have no clue about the facts, and simply toss out insults and babble like loons when the facts are presented to them.
Which is why it's a waste of time to present facts to righties. Pearls before swine, and all...
You just can't talk to these people.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#3826 Feb 12, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Still spamming and licking Cheney's arse...what a surprise. Lies are all you've got.
Yes, I think you've done it Professor Fartsack, you've sunken to the level of bareass fool. Society has always had POS like you and the good news is that in the real world you are insignificant. Thank God.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#3827 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And within three hours everyone is on the same page and the coroner had the autopsies within a week.
Except of course the tea baggers.
Those aren't really aliens probing you, boy.
There hasn't even been a comprehensive police report released to the public,let alone autopsy reports.

Location hidden

#3828 Feb 12, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Dismissed. You've lost, you're just too stupid to know it.
BTW, idiot, it's a "CORONER's report." Moron.
Fort Hood Hero Who Sat With Michelle O at Speech Says President 'Betrayed' Her...

USED HER FOR POLITICAL ADVANTAGE...

Location hidden

#3830 Feb 12, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
65,376,373 Guns Bought Since Obama Took Office...we're ready when you are.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#3831 Feb 12, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:

Apparently another left wing nut job.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#3832 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick to what you know.
Wipe you chins, Shug.
Gee, you eventually say that to all the posters that disagree with you. Have you had your gay fetish all your life or just the past eight decades?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Driving While Black - And Poor 3 min payme 74
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 44 min L Morales 3
Judges Hear NSA Snooping Cases 2 hr glenravi 1
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 2 hr barefoot2626 1,651
Vice President Joe Biden to attend funeral for ... 2 hr Cat74 12
Charges: Mother Drowned Her 6-Year-Old Girl Aft... 3 hr Parden Pard 1
Endangered or Threatened? A New Fight Over Pola... (Nov '10) 3 hr B as in B S as in S 8
More from around the web