Would an assault weapons ban work?

Dec 17, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 3,769

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Full Story
Brad

Manchester, CT

#3727 Feb 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted, Dumbo.
Do you think anyone is fooled- anyone- here on Topix?
I would say "do you honestly think..."... but... you know...
More cross posted off topic Jumbospam.

flagged

Since: Jan 13

United States

#3728 Feb 8, 2013
Righties rule! and so do assault weapons! LOL

Since: Jan 13

United States

#3729 Feb 8, 2013
subhuman 84 wrote:
Righties rule! and so do assault weapons! LOL
legal ones I must add. USA#1

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3730 Feb 8, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
More cross posted off topic Jumbospam.
flagged
More puddles of seminal fluid from where you are kneeing.
Tim

United States

#3731 Feb 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent rebuttal by a rightwinger, as expected. Brilliant.:)
I'm sure that you knows...non of this really matters. Even IF the gov't bans all guns..and all gun ownership....most WILL NOT give up their guns! Guns will be hidden until either needed..or until those moronic liberals are out of office. Just like before..when the bans go out...we will buy a ton of stuff!!!!
Tim

United States

#3732 Feb 8, 2013
The more that the libs talk gun bans...ammo bans...lololz....the bigger the sales! Oddly enough..the gun shops are constantly low on ammo and guns! Sales are out of this world! I just want to say that ban...but the courts have already shown that gun bans WILL be overturned...and talking bans..just helps sales...so.... umm thank you?!?
VeryGood

Rochester, MN

#3733 Feb 8, 2013
They actually banned assault rifles in 1984
and havent brought it back.

You still cant own a fully auto m -16
that is what an assault weapon is

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3737 Feb 9, 2013
Melmac68 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hurry get on your tin foil hat!! We are all one and the same. I really hope you did not breed yet you moron!
Well, you're all morons, so you have that in common. And ask your mom about whether I've been "breeding" with anyone...LOL

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3738 Feb 9, 2013
VeryGood wrote:
They actually banned assault rifles in 1984
and havent brought it back.
You still cant own a fully auto m -16
that is what an assault weapon is
You can't own a fully-auto ANYTHING without filling out a LOT of paperwork, genius.

Modern definition of assault rifle is a 'semi-automatic, military style rifle-type weapon.' It's an imitation of a military weapon, intended to give the semi-impotent NRA member owning it a major boner.:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3739 Feb 9, 2013
Tim wrote:
The more that the libs talk gun bans...ammo bans...lololz....the bigger the sales! Oddly enough..the gun shops are constantly low on ammo and guns! Sales are out of this world! I just want to say that ban...but the courts have already shown that gun bans WILL be overturned...and talking bans..just helps sales...so.... umm thank you?!?
The more that politicians talk about gun regulations or bans, the more the NRA, the gun industry they lobby for, and gun shops use fearmongering to sell weapons.

There, corrected it for you. You're basically correct, though. It IS all about sales.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3740 Feb 9, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>A good Shrink would do the Left good too especially for the ones that think everything is free.
A proctoligist would help them more. It's closer to their problems.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3741 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't own a fully-auto ANYTHING without filling out a LOT of paperwork, genius.
Modern definition of assault rifle is a 'semi-automatic, military style rifle-type weapon.' It's an imitation of a military weapon, intended to give the semi-impotent NRA member owning it a major boner.:)
Sure I can.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3742 Feb 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Sure I can.
PROVE it, le Nutjob. I'm saying that you have to jump through hoops to own an automatic weapon in this country. PROVE ME WRONG.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#3743 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Then why are legislators trying to prohibit an imitation?
Semi-automatic does not equate to fully automatic
Military "style" refers to plastic gizmo's, sorta like fuzzy dice on your rear view mirror ot accent trim on your house

The question remains - Why are legislators trying to prohibit imitations?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3744 Feb 9, 2013
cjrian wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are legislators trying to prohibit an imitation?
Semi-automatic does not equate to fully automatic
Military "style" refers to plastic gizmo's, sorta like fuzzy dice on your rear view mirror ot accent trim on your house
The question remains - Why are legislators trying to prohibit imitations?
One was used at Sandy Hook, do you really have to ASK?

Personally I don't think such a ban would solve the problem, I'm just indicating what an 'assault rifle' IS. I'd rather see oversized clips for handguns banned, if you're going to ban something. And things like registration, background checks, and ability to trace weapons would mean even more.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#3745 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
One was used at Sandy Hook, do you really have to ASK?
Personally I don't think such a ban would solve the problem, I'm just indicating what an 'assault rifle' IS. I'd rather see oversized clips for handguns banned, if you're going to ban something. And things like registration, background checks, and ability to trace weapons would mean even more.
No assault weapons were used there.
Lanza used semi-auto pistols, and had an AR in his car trunk, but didn't have any assault weapons

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3746 Feb 9, 2013
cjrian wrote:
<quoted text>
Lanza used semi-auto pistols, and had an AR in his car trunk, but didn't have any assault weapons
You're a liar and a bullshitter. He used the Bushmaster AR-15.

In fact, even RIGHT-wing sites know this is bullshit:

http://www.texasgopvote.com/issues/stop-big-g...

"I contacted the CT State Police for further clarification. Lt. Paul Vance told me the Bushmaster was, in fact, fired inside the school and used to kill all 26 people who died that day.

I asked Vance about the magazine capacity of the handguns that were found inside the school. He said he did not have that information, but confirmed that the shooter had numerous magazines with him inside the school.

It was very clear in speaking with him that they are frustrated with the rumors about this case and the manipulation of the tragedy for political purposes by both sides of the gun control debate."

The Bushmaster AR-15 is an assault weapon, fool. Now apologize for your error.

Location hidden

#3747 Feb 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>A proctoligist would help them more. It's closer to their problems.
au contraire
Monday Jan 28

I bet you loons would chose a proctoligist to do brain surgery. Closer to the task at hand.

Location hidden

#3748 Feb 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>A proctoligist would help them more. It's closer to their problems.
au contraire
Thursday Jan 17

Where's that proof stalker. Call your proctoligist, maybe he can find it.

Location hidden

#3749 Feb 9, 2013
cjrian wrote:
<
LiarCJ: never changes his stripes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High court takes up major fight over health law... 6 min goonsquad 10
Hamilton County School Bus Driver Charged with ... 2 hr concerned 1
Key figures in fatal police shooting in Ferguso... 2 hr Fox_Y_Fiends 3
Lawmaker claims illegal immigrants released by ... 3 hr INFIDEL 15
Prostitution arrest made in Town of Delbarton 4 hr Joke 113
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 4 hr Derp 2,540
Huber facing state, local charges over new enca... (Sep '12) 6 hr dwts5 9
More from around the web