Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3769 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3592 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
TOPIXLAND: Offtopic spammer au Jimbo under Federal investigation....he's a victim of Obama Derangement Syndrome.
Well that's better than treason, aid and comfort to the enemy and creating a public nucence like you. You need to enlist in the marines, they will knock some of that crap right out of you pookie.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3593 Feb 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes, ridicule, the weapon most favored from the empty arsenal and the empty head. An education is a sad thing to waste pookie. Even though your street school did the best they could for you.
LOL...do you even read your own posts? Do you know what irony is?
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Well that's better than treason, aid and comfort to the enemy and creating a public nucence like you. You need to enlist in the marines, they will knock some of that crap right out of you pookie.
Oh-oh, li'l Jimbo's starting to melt down...the 'pookie' can't hide those tears of rage, or keep your little fists from pounding that computer table, can it?:)

Location hidden

#3594 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...do you even read your own posts? Do you know what irony is?
<quoted text>
Oh-oh, li'l Jimbo's starting to melt down...the 'pookie' can't hide those tears of rage, or keep your little fists from pounding that computer table, can it?:)
Derangement becomes you. You can't even get the names correct.
serfs

Kissimmee, FL

#3595 Feb 5, 2013
Lets see. Jessie Jackson wants Homeland Security to patrol Chi towns dangerous progressive produced streets. And the president is okaying the drone planes for use against American citizens. And the government is looking into using RFID chips on welfare, food stamp, etc. recipients as per Food and Drug Administration in an article I glanced. reason is to cut massive waste as the progressive programs are adding about ten thousand people a day to the welfare roles currently. Now who needs black helicopters. That so 1990's....Happy Days are here again....bwhahahaa! Nothing to see here.

Location hidden

#3596 Feb 5, 2013
serfs wrote:
Lets see. Jessie Jackson wants Homeland Security to patrol Chi towns dangerous progressive produced streets. And the president is okaying the drone planes for use against American citizens. And the government is looking into using RFID chips on welfare, food stamp, etc. recipients as per Food and Drug Administration in an article I glanced. reason is to cut massive waste as the progressive programs are adding about ten thousand people a day to the welfare roles currently. Now who needs black helicopters. That so 1990's....Happy Days are here again....bwhahahaa! Nothing to see here.
Well, I'm glad liberals will now stand up with republicans against using assult weapons on american citizens. The drones are not allowed in the schools though, because they are drone free areas.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#3598 Feb 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'm glad liberals will now stand up with republicans against using assult weapons on american citizens. The drones are not allowed in the schools though, because they are drone free areas.
Its always the same when people are confronted with the truth of what is really happening on these boards as an example, they stop posting for many hours after non stop posting or refute it with the cymbals. The progressive movement is responsible for our decline in a big way, but all of us are also. I saw an article that people my age and gender are the enemies of the state. We are the last ones truly educated in large numbers in right and wrong and took a beating during the quota era as the pc/diversity/feminism/etc. ramped up big time. To be sure, there are many others, but we know. The last connection to what was with the good and bad and really no control over it as youngsters and what we have become. It seems the price of what we are doing is tyranny. With a healthy chunk of the population in denial with an elitist controlled media soft pedaling it.

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3599 Feb 6, 2013
CBO: Obamacare will cost 7 million workers healthcare coverage...
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#3601 Feb 6, 2013
[QUOTE who="Mr. Hand"]<quoted text>
I think it called having a life! thankfully you are correct only a small handful of uneducated conspiracy theorists who demand everything from government but don't want to pay for it are a diminishing group![/QUOTE] More like spoiled generations of parasites who are overseeing the demise of something special. That life you are talking about is a high percentage of people not paying attention at all to what their government is doing and has done. There are very few issues with people paying their share and living in a nation that is fair. It is the constant increases and additions of more spending and programs while the ones we have are shortchanged that causes a major concern. It is easy to say"conspiracy theorists" because many are not real. This one is. and many statements have been made by the people who are powerful on it over many decades. It is not that easy to remove tyranny once entrenched. At this point I don't expect it to be removed unless people on both sides get together. In a secular version, I just don't want to be the ones rounded up. And I do expect many people to be rounded up. You figure out who it is going to be. Believe me, you are either living the life based on a "conspiracy forced culture" or are ignorant.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3602 Feb 6, 2013
serfs wrote:
"Progressive produced streets" is one of the dumbest single phrases I've ever seen on Topix.

COngratulations, moron.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3603 Feb 6, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
CBO: Obamacare will cost 7 million workers healthcare coverage...
Utter and complete (as well as unsourced) garbage. Obamacare is designed to PROVIDE coverage, not take it away. If certain irresponsible corporations deny hours/healthcare to workers, they will have the opportunity to purchase it at a heavily-reduced price through state exchanges.

You really don't have any idea how it works, do you el Contrario?:)

Location hidden

#3604 Feb 6, 2013
WASHPOST publishes article about rant on Michelle O's 'posterior'......oh wow, if our economy could just grow like that.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3605 Feb 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'm glad liberals will now stand up with republicans against using assult weapons on american citizens. The drones are not allowed in the schools though, because they are drone free areas.
I wish this were a drone-free area....then you wouldn't be allowed to post at all!:)
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#3606 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
"Progressive produced streets" is one of the dumbest single phrases I've ever seen on Topix.
COngratulations, moron.
What are you talking about, Saul?

Location hidden

#3607 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish this were a drone-free area....then you wouldn't be allowed to post at all!:)
Of course, what other constitutional amendments do you loons want to do away with other than the first and second?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3608 Feb 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> What are you talking about, Saul?
Not bright, are you?:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3609 Feb 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, what other constitutional amendments do you loons want to do away with other than the first and second?
You're fond of asking completely irrelevant questions, aren't you?

It's obvious that it's mostly you gunners who want to suppress disagreement and do away with the 1st Amendment, so that's not only irrelevant to my post but EXTREMELY hypocritical, boy genius.:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3610 Feb 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
WASHPOST publishes article about rant on Michelle O's 'posterior'......oh wow, if our economy could just grow like that.
More hatred and filth from the nasty scum on the far right. Unable to defeat Mr. Obama at the polls, they take cheap, often racist shots at himself, his wife, and his family.

You have to sink pretty low to be a teabagging rightie...
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#3611 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bright, are you?:)
What are you talking about, Saul?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#3612 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
More hatred and filth from the nasty scum on the far right. Unable to defeat Mr. Obama at the polls, they take cheap, often racist shots at himself, his wife, and his family.
You have to sink pretty low to be a teabagging rightie...
So were you one of the fair-minded folks who called W a "chimp" and his wife a "murderer"?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#3613 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're fond of asking completely irrelevant questions, aren't you?
It's obvious that it's mostly you gunners who want to suppress disagreement and do away with the 1st Amendment, so that's not only irrelevant to my post but EXTREMELY hypocritical, boy genius.:)
Oh the IRONY!!!! LMAO, the LEFT are the ones who have done more to surpress disagreement than ANYONE.

See "Fairness Doctrine"
See "Political Correctness"
See "Protected Classes"
See PRACTICALLY ANY UNIVERSITY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 23 min Ravianna 35
News Second Pittsfield officer files federal whistle... 31 min cops are psychopaths 11
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 59 min WasteWater 110
News Warren chief won't face criminal charges (Aug '10) 3 hr Grandma in Charge 10
News Planned Parenthood is not the key to womena s h... 5 hr huey goins 95
News Supreme Court smacks EPA for ignoring costs, bu... 9 hr abdaa 9
News Man claims he was fired because he is gay, file... 11 hr martinhartman555 16
More from around the web