Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3769 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#3176 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick and tired: they don't want the NRA and the gun gnutters to keep making these excuses, Americans are tired of picking up the paper and reading about yet another mass shooting- these mass shootings that occur every two weeks, three weeks at most, and they tire of the NRA insisting Americans need to have assault weapons in case their houses in case the US government suddenly turns into a dictatorship overnight, and thank god! that have stupid fat white guys with small dicks that are going to take this country back!
Sandy Hook is on you, you f*king coward, you and people like you.
We are going to lock up your toys and if you can't keep them away from our children, we are going to take them away.
Then you are going to die. And not by my hand. You are one of the worse typewriter warriors on TOPIX. America is a big place. Stick to your own depraved areas. You know. The ones you destroyed and hold down your selves and then suck the life out of others to keep paying for. And "take the country back' is not a white thing. It means living with some level of responsibility.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#3177 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, you have a million of them.
Happy to slap them down, one after the next.
I just make them up as I go. Remind me of them, will you? I try to admit to my foibles.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3178 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Then you are going to die.
Gosh, I can't sleep at night for fear that you should suddenly appear on my doorstep.

I keep my pants zippered up at night lest you are able to sneak in at night past the dogs.

I'd hate to be drained of all my bodily fluids...

Location hidden

#3179 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I just make them up as I go..
Of course you do: I like to remind everyone you cannot back them up.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#3180 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do: I like to remind everyone you cannot back them up.
Tell me what I make up. Tell me what I can't back up. Tell me what I write that is so nasty to you, except a little liberty in giving you a little back to the garbage you write? One other thing though. Do you have several names on this sight? Are you a shill? Do you work for someone to post these new world order messages? And I do not believe that a male can write like you do. You pass yourself off as an older african american male by just the banter we had. So you are either female or gay or confused. No insults implied.
downhill246

West Palm Beach, FL

#3181 Jan 27, 2013
subhuman 84 wrote:
<quoted text>That lanza boy will burn in hell! But please don't confuse "machine guns" with semi automatic guns. Get educated. Don't let the media distort your mind. Fully automatic machine guns can only be attained by federal or military permit only.
The poster I was answering said automatic rifles were banned.
They are not.
Any fully automatic rifle registered before May 19, 1986 ,the M16 for example, is not banned for civilian ownership and as I mentioned previously there are about 125,000 in the hands of private citizens,
downhill246

West Palm Beach, FL

#3182 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick and tired: they don't want the NRA and the gun gnutters to keep making these excuses, Americans are tired of picking up the paper and reading about yet another mass shooting- these mass shootings that occur every two weeks, three weeks at most, and they tire of the NRA insisting Americans need to have assault weapons in case their houses in case the US government suddenly turns into a dictatorship overnight, and thank god! that have stupid fat white guys with small dicks that are going to take this country back!
Sandy Hook is on you, you f*king coward, you and people like you.
We are going to lock up your toys and if you can't keep them away from our children, we are going to take them away.
More psycho babble from Liberal La La land. They should lock you up for terminal stupidity .
downhill246

West Palm Beach, FL

#3183 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, I can't sleep at night for fear that you should suddenly appear on my doorstep.
I keep my pants zippered up at night lest you are able to sneak in at night past the dogs.
I'd hate to be drained of all my bodily fluids...
Didn't they already do that when they removed the blood and injected the formaldehyde and then put you in a new suit?

Location hidden

#3184 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Tell me what I make up. Tell me what I can't back up.
Do you want to start here and work backwards?

'Tyranny and the architects of fear has destroyed us.'

Location hidden

#3185 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
Tell me what I write that is so nasty to you,
Don't dish it out, Sweetie, if you are going to cry about it when it's flung back in your face.

Location hidden

#3186 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
Do you work for someone to post these new world order messages?
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!

Tell us about the black UN hellycopters, PA!

Location hidden

#3187 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
So you are either female or gay or confused. No insults implied.
Of course, not implied.

Implied means to indicate or suggest without being explicitly stated.

You did that.

You keep working on your GED, hon.

Location hidden

#3188 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
And I can tell you that 99% of racism against me who it was.
Cough.

You make it easy, of course, I only have to search for you name and 99 percent and say we both know that you made it up.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3189 Jan 27, 2013
I have yet to hear any lucid justification for civilians having access to assault weapons.
(Those who believe our federal government is about to attack us need not apply.)
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#3190 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cough.
You make it easy, of course, I only have to search for you name and 99 percent and say we both know that you made it up.
You must have spent an hour studying my post so you could write that garbage. Barefoot, my posts are not based on lawyer disecting of every word. Having experienced liars and bullchitt artists my life, i know who does the talk and who does the walk. You post to much and let your guard down. you speak like to many others or you put cracks in your various names. Don't take word like 99% so serious. I write that because of the whole 99% issue several months back. My interest is in direction that leads to that 99%. I know not everybody thinks identical in all issues. Here is my views made easy. Cut corruption, stealing and thievery. From rich to poor. Know that there are good, and bad and evil men and women. And that they can be found in any group of people. Unfortunately, we have been convinced or forced upon us that some groups have no evil. Or very little. And that in all the groups, they can be generalized or specific. We can cut several hundred billion dollars a year or save that much from our federal budget or the consumer on corruption issues. But for some reason, our politicians do not do this. This would buy us some time to deal with our issues and cause real growth while the ones stealing would be the losers. Most of this is because we believe we are owed as a people and there is no wrong in doing these things. Which is because the bar on our values/morals/etc./whatever you want to call it is close to the gutter. You need to cut down on your posts though. Insulting and threatening everyone is a national disease now. Hence people are purchasing weapons for defense. You are the sorest winners in human history.

Location hidden

#3191 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> You must have spent an hour studying my post
An hour, you say?

So you aren't very good at math, either.

And I am pretty sure of the one thing you are good at...

PS: in the last hour, I framed in a wall, did a load of laundry, and charged the battery on the truck.

Anything else, dear?

Location hidden

#3192 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
Don't take word like 99% so serious.
Oh SWEETIE: I don't take any of your numbers seriously.

Maybe you should let me know when you plan to back up a number before you post it so I can pay attention?

Location hidden

#3193 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
You need to cut down on your posts though.
You need to put up your own website and you can make your own rules, eh?
alan

Kansas City, MO

#3194 Jan 27, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
I have yet to hear any lucid justification for civilians having access to assault weapons.
(Those who believe our federal government is about to attack us need not apply.)
Americans have always been a little gun crazy. The internet is a runaway fright train.....and look, you can download and build weapons.....nice! Don't look now but, your doctor and teachers will ask, "Do you own any weapons?" A 2nd Amendment wrong. Just smile and say, "Mind your own business" that's the 1st Amendment at your service! When cops call, the 5th will solve it!And, if all else fails, lie like a politician!
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#3195 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to put up your own website and you can make your own rules, eh?
Wha the hell are you talking about Saul?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sessions greenlights police to seize cash, prop... 1 hr Not My Tyrant Tod... 13
News APNewsBreak: US restoring asset seizures - with... 2 hr Fit2Serve 13
News GOP health care plan draws mixed reaction from ... 3 hr Sandra 138
News paige_winfield_cunningham 4 hr Denizen_Kate 4
News Police Commission meeting gets heated as two co... 5 hr Cattle Egret 3
News Trump stops hundreds of planned regulations 5 hr Red Crosse 41
News US restoring asset seizures - with safeguards 7 hr lol 7
More from around the web