Would an assault weapons ban work?

Dec 17, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 3,771

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2314 Jan 11, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The AR 15 has never been the standard service rifle in any modern army so we can conclude the AR 15 is not, nor has it ever been, an assault rifle.
It is an assault weapon.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet.

February...

Location hidden

#2315 Jan 11, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Like when the executive branch issues executive orders rather than going through the legal legislative process.
You mean like George Bush who has issued more executive orders than any other president in history?

Location hidden

#2316 Jan 11, 2013
just another guy wrote:
The left is trying to solidify their control over the people.?
It comes with winning elections.

I hear Vince is heading south and could use some of the bathroom stall change you pick up for gas money.

You should hurry!
Blooming Idiot

Nashville, NC

#2318 Jan 11, 2013
Obama and his advisers have signaled that they intend to push a broad and ambitious set of ­anti-gun-violence proposals in Congress, including a ban on military-style assault weapons and a limit on the number of bullets in magazines. The White House has said Obama intends to decide on a final set of proposals by the end of this month.

THIS BLOOMING IDIOT WANT TO TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT THIS OUTLAW ARE THE
PROBLEM!LAW ABIDING CITIZENS SHOULD OWN assault weapons and HIGH number of bullets in magazines IN CASE OBAMA TRIES TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERMENT AND CREATES ANOTHER CIVIL WAR!THEY CLAIM THAT LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ARE THE PROBLEM!WE THE PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO PROTECT OURSELF FROM THIS EVIL MAN,AFTER ALL OBAMA IS SUPPORTING THE DRUG CARTEL!!!!!OBAMA IS THE FOX GUARDING THE HEN HOUSE!!!!
Let’s Arm The Mexican Drug Cartels With Thousands Of Guns And Continue To Leave The Border Completely Wide Open”

By Michael, on July 11th, 2011

How in the world are Americans living in the southwest United States supposed to sleep peacefully at night when the U.S. government has given thousands of guns to Mexican drug cartels and continues to leave the border completely wide open? The brutality and viciousness of Mexican drug cartels is almost beyond description, and yet the U.S. government has armed them to the teeth and does next to nothing to stop their incursions into U.S. territory.“Project Gunrunner” was supposed to be a U.S. government initiative to fight the flow of guns into Mexico. Instead, it has now come out that ATF agents were ordered to facilitate the acquisition of thousands of U.S. guns by Mexican drug cartels and then halt surveillance on where those guns where going. One of these operations was known as “Fast and Furious” and the revelations that are now coming out have Congress in an uproar. If the full truth about what has been going on is revealed to the American people it is going to turn Washington D.C. upside down.

Right now, some of the most dangerous places to be on the face of the earth are along the U.S./Mexico border. The Mexican drug cartels are fighting a vicious war against each other and against the authorities.

Just this past week, there were 40 drug war deaths down in Mexico in just one 24 hour period. Over 35,000 people have been killed since the Mexican government declared war on the cartels back in 2006.

Every time one big cartel boss is brought down it just seems to cause the cartels to splinter and multiply. Each year the cartels seem to become better armed and more sophisticated.

Now it turns out that there was a very good reason why the cartels are armed so well.

The U.S. government has been supplying them with thousands of weapons.

The following is a brief excerpt from a CBS News report that discusses the fierce opposition that many ATF agents expressed to allowing thousands of guns to be given into the hands of the Mexican drug cartels….

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)
Brad

Manchester, CT

#2319 Jan 11, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, li'l Brad, the people who say "voilà" are French, because it's a French WORD, y'see. Actually an interjection used to express surprise or pleasure - the opposite of what I express when I see another of your dumb posts, IOW.
;)
Pederast

Location hidden

#2322 Jan 11, 2013
Blooming Idiot wrote:
Obama and his advisers have signaled that they intend to push a broad and ambitious set of ­anti-gun-violence proposals in Congress, including a ban on military-style assault weapons and a limit on the number of bullets in magazines. The White House has said Obama intends to decide on a final set of proposals by the end of this month.
THIS BLOOMING IDIOT WANT TO TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!
The blooming idiot is the person who cannot read and exclaims that Obama 'want' to take guns away from idiots like yourself.

Background checks for *all* gun sales.

I do understand how you not being able to buy because you can't pass has upset you so.

I bet it's like that spot drug tests your PO makes you take, eh?

Annoying, eh?

Location hidden

#2323 Jan 11, 2013
Blooming Idiot wrote:
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)
Thomas Jefferson owned 600+ slaves and raped the women he owned.

I wouldn't put much stock in what Jefferson considered 'liberty'.

Location hidden

#2324 Jan 11, 2013
Blooming Idiot wrote:
Just this past week, there were 40 drug war deaths down in Mexico in just one 24 hour period.
Here's the rub, genius: Mexico is in Mexico.

Mexico is a different country.

Mexico is not the United States.

Check your atlas, honey: it's a completely different color!

PS: 87 Americans die per day from firearms, average.

Location hidden

#2325 Jan 11, 2013
Blooming Idiot wrote:
Now it turns out that there was a very good reason why the cartels are armed so well.
The U.S. government has been supplying them with thousands of weapons.
In actual fact, the drug cartels just go to gun shows in the SouthWestand buy them up from people like you who don't care as long as they pay cash.
Malcom

Glasgow, KY

#2326 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson owned 600+ slaves and raped the women he owned.
I wouldn't put much stock in what Jefferson considered 'liberty'.
"This subject was not acted on finally until the year 78. when I brought in a bill to prevent their further importation, leaving to future efforts its final eradication." Thomas Jefferson
just another guy

Denver, CO

#2329 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
87 Americans die per day from firearms, average.
And those 87 yesterday, how many did I have anything to do with? That's right, 87. And the day before that , 87. And the day before that , 87. Yet the lunatic left wants to punish me and all other innocent gun owners.
just another guy

Denver, CO

#2331 Jan 12, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
The left just nominated Tarentino's latest gun/ bloodfest for an oscar, they don't give a crap, their kids all have armed guards.
Every thing the left does is hypocritical.

I was visiting with my state Senator. I told him I think it is time we mobilize honest people to fight the dishonest leftists. My idea is to develop a sheet that will list the state officials representing my area, the federal representatives, those who are the worst offenders of our rights and freedoms, and how to look up what is going on in our state and federal governments. Provide all the contact info. Copy and pass out as many as I can.

It is time we have to quit just meeting in the gun shop or coffee shop and griping about what is going on. Maybe it is too late , but we owe it to our grandchildren to do everything possible.

Oh , my Senator and I also discussed the quality of various match triggers for the AR.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2333 Jan 12, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And those 87 yesterday, how many did I have anything to do with? That's right, 87. And the day before that , 87. And the day before that , 87. Yet the lunatic left wants to punish me and all other innocent gun owners.
Fact is a majority of those who died committed suicide. Can anyone prove that or have any evidence that even banning all guns would have prevent even one of those people from killing themselves?
Both south Korea and Japan have very strict gun control laws and much higher suicide rates then the USA

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2334 Jan 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Have you actually sunken to a new low....defending the assault rifle, the killer had....in a veiled attempt to defend the 2nd Amendment, thinking other tea party boobs would want that?
First, it was not an assault rifle, and the Conneticut law proves it wasn't, second I my defence of the second ammendment is not vailed maggot it is on my hip or purse anytime you want to try to take it.

Location hidden

#2335 Jan 12, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The don't want to punish you, they want you defenceless, then they will discuss the punishment.

Location hidden

#2336 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
In actual fact, the drug cartels just go to gun shows in the SouthWestand buy them up from people like you who don't care as long as they pay cash.
My my, yet again you still struggle with the lies. Why not try something different, proof?
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#2337 Jan 12, 2013
Al Zaheera you play beautiful music children sound beautiful. GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#2338 Jan 12, 2013
Makers Mark is name of whiskey Cnbc LOL Safer World 2013 GF008
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#2339 Jan 12, 2013
Old saying of mine I am only Indian not Chief NATO GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#2340 Jan 12, 2013
Bush nor President Obama have sons maybe they are fond of Indian reservations. I don't know. GF008 Safer World 2013.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger has a... 12 min RADIO 3
24 Arrested in Crystal City Area Based Cocaine ... 4 hr cc resident 15
Auburn perp found and charged 4 hr wait 12
Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger ... 7 hr Bama Yankee 4
Voter ID ordinances fails to pass 7 hr duran 7
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... (Dec '13) 8 hr Wabash Tsunami 50
D.C. to begin accepting first applications in d... 9 hr Here Is One 21

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE