Exclusive: No 'gift' in cigarette sti...

Exclusive: No 'gift' in cigarette sting, City Council members say

There are 3 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Oct 13, 2012, titled Exclusive: No 'gift' in cigarette sting, City Council members say. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Two City Council members say Hampton 's city manager has backed off her prior assertion that a "gift" from a private entity provided funding for an undercover police company created to go after cigarette bootleggers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 15, 2012
The Hampton City government has reached the point where it more resembles a soap opera than a government. I want the part where I get the rich girl.
Wheresthebeef

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Oct 21, 2012
Where are the vehicles that were purchased and why did they need them?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 22, 2012
Wheresthebeef wrote:
Where are the vehicles that were purchased and why did they need them?
Isn't it obvious what was going on? The Hampton City government was creating a slush fund. If it had not come to light they probably would have used the money to give themselves fat raises.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff Cory Hutcheson Vowed to Clean Up His Ru... 48 min guest 19
News Trump team rolls out massive tax cut package 2 hr kuda 4
News Justice Dept. warns sanctuary cities in immigra... 10 hr Red Crosse 38
News Baldwin man Kevin Allocco sentenced in rape ple... (Dec '08) 11 hr expatriate 122
News House budget pumps $170M into solving Ohio's op... 11 hr They cannot kill ... 2
News Sen. Kamala Harris's claim that an - undocument... 13 hr He Named Me Black... 3
News Burke Ramsey, JonBenet's brother, sues CBS in $... 16 hr Kate 90
More from around the web