Alleged assault victim sues UNC for e...

Alleged assault victim sues UNC for expulsion threat

There are 2 comments on the USA Today story from Mar 25, 2013, titled Alleged assault victim sues UNC for expulsion threat. In it, USA Today reports that:

A University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill student who faces possible expulsion after saying publicly that she's a rape victim has filed her own federal complaint against the school, saying it retaliated against her, her attorney said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Abuse Survivor

London, KY

#1 Mar 26, 2013
I don't know what happened in this case, but I know that "if" a sexual assault occurred, it should have been handled properly, obviously. Anyone who sexually assaults another person should be dealt with legally, no matter who they are, who they know, where they attend school, or what kind of sports that they play in school. Justice matters more than reputations... If you have never been raped, you don't understand the emotional toll that it takes on survivors. I know people who have committed suicide because of the painful memories of their abuse. That kind of abuse and violation is one of the worst things that can happen to someone. All abuse survivors deserve support and justice!
carmen

Mount Vernon, KY

#2 Mar 27, 2013
Abuse Survivor wrote:
I don't know what happened in this case, but I know that "if" a sexual assault occurred, it should have been handled properly, obviously. Anyone who sexually assaults another person should be dealt with legally, no matter who they are, who they know, where they attend school, or what kind of sports that they play in school. Justice matters more than reputations... If you have never been raped, you don't understand the emotional toll that it takes on survivors. I know people who have committed suicide because of the painful memories of their abuse. That kind of abuse and violation is one of the worst things that can happen to someone. All abuse survivors deserve support and justice!
well said. so true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Ohio's paid for Rhoden family funerals 4 m... 2 hr STNWLJKSN 28
News O.J. Simpson sentenced to prison in armed robbe... (Dec '08) 11 hr hellcat 5,662
News Crime 44 mins ago 12:22 p.m.Rogersville pediatr... 11 hr Fyi 4
News Most charges against Trump protesters dropped; ... (Jan '17) 16 hr C Kersey 2
News 'You're Fired' may be harder than Trump thinks ... 17 hr NOM s Waffle House 1
News Two bills now seek to allow dogs on Ohio restau... 18 hr shadow_hunter 4
News UPDATE 3-Health insurer Aetna profit rises as O... 20 hr Television Engineer 3
More from around the web