VA Supreme Court Dismisses Albemarle ...

VA Supreme Court Dismisses Albemarle Employee Benefits Case

There are 16 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 27, 2013, titled VA Supreme Court Dismisses Albemarle Employee Benefits Case. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Thursday's ruling says the employees failed to give the county enough notice of the impending lawsuit and ordered the award tossed out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

marcus

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Mar 1, 2013
wrong, simply wrong
franchise3

Conyers, GA

#2 Mar 1, 2013
i could understand throwing it out by why not let them file for a re-trial? The county is wrong in this case. You told them what they were going to make in retirement and then six months after they left you find out you made a error and are paying them to much. That's on you! You can't give them their jobs back so do the right thing and pay these 13 people. I am sure the taxes you will get from Stonecreek shopping center will cover it.
wtf

Crozet, VA

#3 Mar 1, 2013
thats the county for ya!! I work there trust me, they will screw u in any way the can!!
Jala

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Is it possible the lawyers screwed up the required notifications and filings and now the retirees have to pay the price?
Southerner

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Mar 1, 2013
Is it possible someone got paid off?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Mar 1, 2013
what a messed up system we have
No respect

Harrisonburg, VA

#7 Mar 1, 2013
Thats a darn shame!!! The county should just do the right thing and give these people what "they said" they would. How's about we as taxpayers say ohh i thought you meant for us to pay less in property taxes so this is what we paid!!!! This is soo ridiculous!
progress

Earlysville, VA

#8 Mar 1, 2013
Now how can the county pay for both dumblers attornies and their wastefull overbenift programs?
give me a break.
Jim2051 Charlottesville

AOL

#9 Mar 1, 2013
What did you expect from city,county,federal government. Fill the coffers. F--- the common person! And it is only going to get WORSE!
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Mar 1, 2013
Keep a tube of KY handy if youre working for the county. Less pain.
4Justice

Appomattox, VA

#11 Mar 2, 2013
franchise3 wrote:
i could understand throwing it out by why not let them file for a re-trial? The county is wrong in this case. You told them what they were going to make in retirement and then six months after they left you find out you made a error and are paying them to much. That's on you! You can't give them their jobs back so do the right thing and pay these 13 people. I am sure the taxes you will get from Stonecreek shopping center will cover it.
They get more than just taxes;

By law, all unclaimed Virginia Lottery prizes go to the Literary Fund. The Literary Fund is used solely for educational purposes, such as school construction, renovation,**and teacher retirement funding**.

The Lottery transferred $11.3 million to the Literary Fund in Fiscal Year 2012. Since 1988, the Lottery has transferred more than $222.6 million in unclaimed prizes to the Literary Fund.

http://www.valottery.com/mobile/money/
Judy

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Mar 2, 2013
This is beyond belief. These people may not have retired if they had have known. And the supreme court making sure that they can not have a re-trail. Unbelievable! But then again what can you expect from a county that allows an admitted sex offender stay on the board. These are good examples of government ruling our lives doing what they want to whomever they want. If big government is the dream of the dems, then we are all in for a rough ride.
Judgeless Judges

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Mar 2, 2013
progress wrote:
Now how can the county pay for both dumblers attornies and their wastefull overbenift programs?
give me a break.
They'll just do what they do best, grow government and then say we need to raise taxes...again.

A technicality deprives people of justice? Sad day once again.
Doc

Lexington, VA

#14 Mar 2, 2013
Holy Cow. What a crock. I don't know why I ever expected a fair ruling in this instance. Would have thought the County might have been interested in seeing a ruling on the merits of the case rather than a filing technicality.
W T F

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Mar 2, 2013
What else would a taxpayer expect from the B O S. Been reading about Boyd and Friends. They do not like volunteers, want an outdated bypass built, building a dinosaur of a Library with about half of the floor space already not going to be used, building bigger government and raising taxes. And, YES, Mr. Boyd clains to be a Republican. What a crock.
And, now taking money away from the hard working folks that gave many many years to earn retirement benefits. And then, bait and switch on them. Promise them enough to sign on the line to retire, give them enough time to get settled and them BAM! Pull the old rug out from under them for the sake of a dollar for their pet projects.
Hopefully all of the voters over there will remember this B.S. when they try to run for re-election.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Judgeless Judges wrote:
<quoted text>
and then say we need to raise taxes...again.
http://goo.gl/HdyWT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 1 hr Into The Night 1,209
News Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness ... 2 hr It stinks in Houston 108
News Professors worldwide boycott University of Roch... 3 hr Mrs L 4
News Trump discounts sex assault accusations against... 4 hr Sam Guthrie 56
News Three Clearfield County Jail Guards Accused of ... 7 hr Bincat 4
News Alabama Man Pleads Guilty to Multiple Child Sex... (Feb '09) 11 hr Timing 28
News Former DCF supervisor files lawsuit against agency (Sep '07) 15 hr sasy 368
More from around the web