City attorneys challenge claims of di...

City attorneys challenge claims of discrimination, conspiracy in Perez lawsuit

There are 5 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jul 18, 2014, titled City attorneys challenge claims of discrimination, conspiracy in Perez lawsuit. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Attorneys for the City of Farmington, City Manager Robert Mayes, and two former police chiefs filed multiple motions Monday challenging claims of discrimination, conspiracy, libel and wage loss made by former Farmington police Detective Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

XandO

Glendale, AZ

#1 Jul 18, 2014
From the article, it certainly sounds as if a few "important" Farmington people did NOT want those two crimes investigated. Perez supposedly violated internal department e-mail policies, for which he was fired. Has anyone followed up on the trail of suspicious events related to those crimes, or is it just a matter of "get rid of Perez and now let's hope everyone drops it"?

Let's see--highly suspicious deaths vs e-mail violations. Hmmmm. Fire that e-mail violator!
Salazar

Farmington, NM

#2 Jul 19, 2014
XandO wrote:
From the article, it certainly sounds as if a few "important" Farmington people did NOT want those two crimes investigated. Perez supposedly violated internal department e-mail policies, for which he was fired. Has anyone followed up on the trail of suspicious events related to those crimes, or is it just a matter of "get rid of Perez and now let's hope everyone drops it"?
Let's see--highly suspicious deaths vs e-mail violations. Hmmmm. Fire that e-mail violator!
. From your obvious lack of ability to read something and obtain a comprehensive understanding of what you read, I will gladly dumb down this article for you so that you can prevent any future occurrences of making yourself look uneducated. The article stated the emails were found AFTER he was fired. Later in the article it states the reasons he was fired. You are welcome.
XandO

Glendale, AZ

#3 Jul 19, 2014
Salazar wrote:
<quoted text>. From your obvious lack of ability to read something and obtain a comprehensive understanding of what you read, I will gladly dumb down this article for you so that you can prevent any future occurrences of making yourself look uneducated. The article stated the emails were found AFTER he was fired. Later in the article it states the reasons he was fired. You are welcome.
Thank you.

I see Perez was fired for eight violations of the department's code of conduct, and after he was fired, it was discovered that he had further violated department code of conduct through improper use of e-mail.

Boy, he IS a bad apple. Good thing you guys got rid of him, because I bet no one else in the department is guilty of such egregious behavior. Now.........did you ever continue the investigation he had begun into the suspicious deaths....or does that violate department code of conduct?
THE SEARCHER

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jul 20, 2014
Both detectives assigned were pulled of the Gallegos case. After which, they refused to do further investigation after finding a possible suicide note. I don't understand how a person who had the shit beaten out of them, could coherently write a note. There is much more involved in her case.
XandO

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Jul 20, 2014
THE SEARCHER wrote:
Both detectives assigned were pulled of the Gallegos case. After which, they refused to do further investigation after finding a possible suicide note. I don't understand how a person who had the shit beaten out of them, could coherently write a note. There is much more involved in her case.
That's the problem with not being transparent; it gives the impression there is a cover-up. Whether or not that's the case, FPD has fostered mistrust among the public, and the firing of Perez is not helping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prosecutors: US Rep. Fattah took illegal $1M ca... 14 min Lanny 28
News State trooper charged for hitting juvenile off-... 3 hr Confused 140
News troll . org (May '12) 3 hr Billy Rawhide 320
News Quigley Gets State Prison for Selling Heroin 5 hr suk 17
News How Michelle Obama's nutrition facts label will... 7 hr Three Rounds 1
News Colorado still lacks in-patient psychiatric care 8 hr ELISE 1
News Lehighton woman accused of embezzling $316K fro... (Jan '14) 8 hr who cares 47
More from around the web