Mother of 13-year-old charged in robbery talks to FOX 5

Jan 20, 2014 Full story: MyFoxAtlanta 9

The mother of a 13-year-old charged with felony armed robbery talked to FOX 5 on Monday.

Full Story
amazed

Warrior, AL

#1 Jan 21, 2014
This child was smart enough to break into a house, steal a gun and a vehicle, drive to another location where he went in with the gun, weather he pointed it at cashiers or not, demanded another vehicle and then left in it attempting to leave town. At 13 years old. But the mother says she has never had any prior trouble with him. Ok first off from everything I have read on fb the pink haired rocker mom is at the local watering hole every time the doors are open so no wonder the boy was trying to run away and two there are a few kids in this town as well as other towns that do things like this and sometimes worse things. The boy was smart enough to know he needed a gun to get what he wanted and a vehicle to get where he wanted. If we let him go unpunished for a crime that is considered felony charges then what are we telling all these other young kids? Hey go ahead and do what you want because we can't stop you and your so young the police won't stop you either. I'm disgusted she would ask for him to not be charged, guns and cars kill people. He's lucky he didn't kill someone when he wrecked. If this was my 13 year old I would be upset I'm sure but there needs to be consequences for serious adult actions like that. In the interview she kept saying "he's a baby, he's just a kid". No. He just broke in someone's home, stole a gun and car. That's not a baby! Those are adult actions. I'm sorry for such a long post but I just can't believe she thinks this is not a serious situation.

Oh and if you get a chance look at her fb page where she is propped up against a news van with her arms crossed like she is PROUD of this situation!
concerned

Dallas, GA

#2 Jan 21, 2014
I think the child needs to be punished and needs counseling, he needs to know how wrong all the things he done was , a child needs parents that care enough about them to guide them in the right direction. It appears the mother only has directions to all the local bars.A child comes here with a empty slate, it's up to the parents to teach your kids right from wrong, which that's something the mom can't do because she doesn't know right from wrong herself. I know as parents we are supposed to lead, guide,direct and protect our children, I also know that sometimes the best parents can do all the right things and still when a child is grown and out on their own they sometimes do all the wrong things, but they are adults and are accountable for all their mistakes. In this case I think the child was failed by both parents , I feel like the mom needs to be investigated by DFCS. And what kid of mom goes and dyes her damn hair pink and prop's her big azz up against the news van...
amazed

Warrior, AL

#3 Jan 21, 2014
concerned wrote:
I think the child needs to be punished and needs counseling, he needs to know how wrong all the things he done was , a child needs parents that care enough about them to guide them in the right direction. It appears the mother only has directions to all the local bars.A child comes here with a empty slate, it's up to the parents to teach your kids right from wrong, which that's something the mom can't do because she doesn't know right from wrong herself. I know as parents we are supposed to lead, guide,direct and protect our children, I also know that sometimes the best parents can do all the right things and still when a child is grown and out on their own they sometimes do all the wrong things, but they are adults and are accountable for all their mistakes. In this case I think the child was failed by both parents , I feel like the mom needs to be investigated by DFCS. And what kid of mom goes and dyes her damn hair pink and prop's her big azz up against the news van...
I agree with you 100%. Especially the part about her hair. If she wanted to be taken serious at all she could have atleast dyed her hair a normal color before she went on the national news looking like a Halloween decoration.
doggone

Cedartown, GA

#4 Jan 21, 2014
My how time changes things.In 1963 I and a couple of friends broke into a ladies basement.Not to rob but to build a clubhouse since after all the lady was old and spending the winter in Florida.We were all around the age of 12 and had no idea what breaking and entering meant as a crime.But anyway we found out after we were found out by neighbors who called the sheriffs office.I spent a month in the county jail(what the hell is juvenile) before my court date and then was sent off to reform school for a year.AND THIS IDIOT THINKS THIS BOY SHOULD GO FREE.HE IS A MURDER WAITING TO HAPPEN.uhmmm How times have changed.Night yall.
Happy Girl

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jan 22, 2014
Concerned and Amazed... I feel just as you do. I have had the opportunity of meeting this boy and his sister. Their mom is a kind person but she's not doing a mothers job. These kids need help. I agree the boy must learn from these actions in order to be a proper member to society, however, throwing him in prison will most likely create a very bitter person rather than a reformed one. Its been a while since I've seen these children but I will be praying for them and their future.
Hair Apparent

Cedartown, GA

#6 Jan 22, 2014
I would say give the Mother twenty years and let the kid go free, if his crime had been to hold a gun on a hairdresser and demand that she do something about the Mother's hair! Lord have mercy, that dye job is criminal all by itself. But, as it is, the kid needs to be punished and Mama needs to stay off TV.
Concerned Polk Co Res

Dublin, GA

#9 Jan 25, 2014
I don't who you are, but I agree totally. I know this so called mother and both of her children very well. It's a very sad situation for both mother and the children. She is too worried about herself to give the love and care these children need. I do have to back April ( Michele ) up on one thing. They do need everyone's prayers. This child is not a bad child. He has never been disrespectful or in any kind of trouble other than what you would expect a 13 year old boy would be in. Yes he needs to be punished for his actions. But his mother needs to do the real time.
Happy Girl wrote:
Concerned and Amazed... I feel just as you do. I have had the opportunity of meeting this boy and his sister. Their mom is a kind person but she's not doing a mothers job. These kids need help. I agree the boy must learn from these actions in order to be a proper member to society, however, throwing him in prison will most likely create a very bitter person rather than a reformed one. Its been a while since I've seen these children but I will be praying for them and their future.
tcaniff

Cedartown, GA

#11 Dec 2, 2014
amazed wrote:
This child was smart enough to break into a house, steal a gun and a vehicle, drive to another location where he went in with the gun, weather he pointed it at cashiers or not, demanded another vehicle and then left in it attempting to leave town. At 13 years old. But the mother says she has never had any prior trouble with him. Ok first off from everything I have read on fb the pink haired rocker mom is at the local watering hole every time the doors are open so no wonder the boy was trying to run away and two there are a few kids in this town as well as other towns that do things like this and sometimes worse things. The boy was smart enough to know he needed a gun to get what he wanted and a vehicle to get where he wanted. If we let him go unpunished for a crime that is considered felony charges then what are we telling all these other young kids? Hey go ahead and do what you want because we can't stop you and your so young the police won't stop you either. I'm disgusted she would ask for him to not be charged, guns and cars kill people. He's lucky he didn't kill someone when he wrecked. If this was my 13 year old I would be upset I'm sure but there needs to be consequences for serious adult actions like that. In the interview she kept saying "he's a baby, he's just a kid". No. He just broke in someone's home, stole a gun and car. That's not a baby! Those are adult actions. I'm sorry for such a long post but I just can't believe she thinks this is not a serious situation.
Oh and if you get a chance look at her fb page where she is propped up against a news van with her arms crossed like she is PROUD of this situation!
I know the boy personally. If you knew what happened in that household you'd say "well damn. Now I know why he did it". He was just a scared kid because of the way his mother treated him and the drugs all around him.
michelle

Cedartown, GA

#12 Dec 9, 2014
tcaniff wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the boy personally. If you knew what happened in that household you'd say "well damn. Now I know why he did it". He was just a scared kid because of the way his mother treated him and the drugs all around him.
Really grow up get a life. At least get your story right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 5 min cancer lost 2,443
Ex-Ford Employee Claims He Was Fired For Anti-G... 7 min nhjeff 7
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 20 min Super Bow1 195
Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) 27 min JINA WILD 64,335
Ukiah police and fire log: Thursday, Jan. 22, 2015 1 hr Here Is One 38
With State of the Union, Obama sets agenda ... ... 1 hr Responsibility 161
Sen. Lindsey Graham explores 2016 GOP president... 2 hr Le Duped 1
More from around the web