3 charged with illegal release of Stratford cop personnel data

Full story: Connecticut Post

Two Stratford police officers and a former officer were charged Wednesday with illegally obtaining and disseminating confidential information about the police job application by Christian Miron, the younger brother Mayor James R. Miron.
Comments
1 - 20 of 396 Comments Last updated May 26, 2011
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Rebel Rouser

Port Chester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Someone needed to call the corrupt administration out. Is there a defense fund set up for these fine offices yet?
Resident

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

6

5

3

Mayor Miron and his contingent need to all go. Their actions are deplorable. Stand up, be heard and do not let this story over-ride the Miron travesty. It's about Mayor Miron's actions, not the alleged actions of these decent, hardworking individuals. Dom Costello, please step aside for the good of this Town, work with John Harkins to solidify his front and make certain that the Miron group is out of office this fall. John Best - you might consider doing the same.
FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

5

4

2

Oh I almost forgot, funny how this comes out a couple days after the Loschiavo story....Nothing like a smoke screen. Once again, trying to take the focus away from the towns wrongdoings. Fkn unreal
Sad is right

Southington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

6

6

4

If true, it is unfortunate that these guys felt that they had to release the report to the councilmen. But who would listen to their complaint and concerns? The Mayor ? nope. The Police Chief? nope. The Town Attorney? nope. Let me get this right. It is OK to hire candidates that are unqualified because they are relatives, but it is not alright to "blow the whistle" on this practice by exposing the ugly truth. Something does not pass the "smell test" here.

This was a politically motivated investigation requested by the Police Chief because "you know who" wanted it done.

This investigation and arrests are rotten on so many levels that it is not funny.

The rest of the department better line up behind these guys. They exposed the hiring practices for what they were. They did this for the membership of their Union and for the people of this Town.

Two good officers and a former officer disgraced and dragged through the mud because of a weasely power hungry little man who could not handle the power that the people of Stratford placed in his hands.

A damned shame.
The voice

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

3

We have been crying for help for some time now.

The Mayor, Deputy Loschiavo, HR Linda Loschaivo, Chief Buturla, Attorney Buturla, HR Winterbottom and the rest of the Mayor's crew have been committing acts that are possibly illegal.

They lack character, Integrity, morals, values and leadership.

They have put officers in harms way.
They have put citizens in harms way.
They have put employees in harms way.

Every town employeee walks on eggshells knowing that they could be fired next or discipline or arrested without cause for going against the mayor and his bullies.

Even the town council is ineffective to stop the corruption.

The five years prior to a mayoral system the town attorney's firm made about 2 million dollars to litigate for the town. In 3.5 years under Miron the same town attorney has made over 7 million. Dont you peeple get it. Everyone is getting paid here one way or another.

officers have been telling everyone about the coruption and doings of Deputy Loschiavo for years.

Town employees have been screaming about the mayor's action, especially the 45 or so that he fired, forced out or had resigned.

AND WAIT. There is more abuse to come.

Captain Joe McNeil, Lt Orlando Soto and retired Sgt Shawn Farmer learned this week that there are arrest warrants out for their arrest by the RockyHill States Attorney. You ask why RockyHill. Because Chief Buturla went to Bridgeport States Attorney Benedict (now here is a man with charatcer) Mr. Benedict would not sign the warrants and said he wouldn't be a party in their Political Games. What happens Chief Buturla and Attorney Kelley go to RockHill where they have a connection and the warrants are signed.

I ask all people to read the computer crime statutes. You must not be authorized and there must be a money lose. Niether apply.

Lt Soto is the Detective Superviser that has access to all police backgrounds and must read all of his detectives work.

Captain McNeil is the Patrol Captain and Union President. He recived a complaint from other officers about the concern of Miron's backgorund. He printed and read the report. He reported his concern to the Chief.

YES THATS ALL THEY DID. AND THEY GET ARRESTED! Politics 101. They are not on the Mayor Miron's team.

The Chief has his two friends from outside the departmnet complete the Internal Affairs.(the fix is In)Captain John Popik and Deputy Losciavo lie in the Internal Affairs Investigation.

Deputy Chief Loschaivo & Captain Popic Lie up in RockyHill.

These are the facts. The truth hurts.

Citizens of Stratford Help the Town Employees. Vote Miron out of Office.

Its costing you all big money.

I don't think the Mayor is fit for office. This was written in this article. I beleive it to be true. Send him to the EAP.
Where Are They

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If illegal activity did occur then it should prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law pure and simple.
BAD MAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

4

1

1

All these police officer and former P.O. cases she be thrown out and ivestigate and prosecute the real criminals. God what a joke and sad town. Please tell me why state police major crime squad or fbi not investigating the mayor. this is a sad attempt by the mayor to cover his ass. HA HA
Unreal in Stratford

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

4

2

2

I tried to post a comment here about an hour ago and was unable to because the "Post Comment" icon was blanked out. I could not click on it. I sent an e-mail to a few people at the Post asking why I was unable to post a comment to the article and I received a e-mail response that said, and I quote, "There were to many inappropriate comments so it was turned off." What the heck is that about? That just goes to show you how much power the police, the government, etc have. They get caught doing something wrong and it's hush, hush. The best comment in the article is "The charges against the three men are merely accusations, and each is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in a court of law," according to a statement by the Office of the Chief State's Attorney. I was arrested by the Stratford Police once and was treated like I was guilty until I proved my innocence. Once I went to court and proved that I didn't do what they had arrested me for they were not too happy. The week after my court case ended was when what I call my "police harassment" started. I was pulled over 4 times in a 6 week period by the Stratford Police for the most ridiculous infractions. 1) Failure to signal when turning into my driveway. 2) Pulled over and given a ticket because my right rear break light was out. How would I know that my right rear break light was out unless someone told me? The cop could have just given me a warning but he knew who I was. 3) I was pulled over for speeding. I was given a ticket for doing 39mph in a 35mph zone. The officer that pulled me over was the same one who gave me the ticket for the brake light. When I went to court for that ticket the judge threw it out and actually apologized for the officer wasting my time as well as the courts time. 4) Was pulled over because I was driving too close to the yellow line. I asked the officer if I went over the yellow line and he replied "no, but you were getting close". I got a $75 ticket. I just paid that one because I would have lost more money missing a day at work while sitting in traffic court. So don't tell me that police officers are perfect and do no wrong.
Unreal in Stratford

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I have been acquainted with "officer" Soto and if anyone deserves this, he is at the top of the list.
Sotos Bestfriend wrote:
Hi boys! How does it feel to have Karma come back and bite you? For all the people you have set up that lost revenue over your setups, karma has finally come back around. Now you can explain to your family and friends, how you are a good person who was only set up. Like all the people you set up that were truly innocent and had to explain to their families. Remember how I told you when we were on the job.“Orlando stop adding false information to reports, stop changing reports, adding more to reports to make the person’s offenses look bigger.” I warned you to get out and now look, your going to be the fall guy. You and JLO Senior could have been sitting in the sun. Now jlo will be sitting in the sun and you will be sitting in summer’s prison. Maybe you’ll meet some of the people you set up while you’re there and they will give you a Columbian neck tie. Now explain to your wife and daughter and all your neighbors in Huntington how innocent you are. It is quite sad that when you set other people up they lost their family, jobs, and income, yet you are getting paid to be a criminal. The system should be looked at because a corrupt cop doesn't deserve compensation. Remember on the job when we arrested that kid and I said. He seemed like a decent kid. You insisted that anyone we arrest is a scum bag. Well I guess now you’re a scum bag. This is what you get for doing Miron that favor setting up his “best friend.” He had a family and a job and he lost it all because you tainted evidence, which helped Miron go after him. Boy did Miron return the favor. Now you know what karma is. Lets hope you are as strong of a man as Miron’s best friend was and you can swim out of the pond the way he did. One crooked cop down, next a crooked mayor and finally crooked council man Hendrick’s. Orlando you look stressed in your mug shot. Where is the white shirt and the smile you always had. You need some more sleep and watch Karma it is taking its toll on you. If you need the name of a good defense attorney, I have one.
Neighbor

Plymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Boy, reading all of these postings about the Stratford Mayor and Police Chief, sounds just like Shelton's situation. Lauretti has Hurliman do all of his dirty work. The CRAP will be hitting the fan soon in Shelton as well, it's a shame!!
P.S. I think Farmer is also mixed up with some wrong doings in Shelton as well.
Lt Dan

Suffern, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

2

When was the last time mugshots were released to the media in a computer crime arrest? These arrests are meant to bolster Miron's brothers civil case and the mugshots are for pure embarrassment purposes. This nightmare will haunt Stratford for years to come and will cost everyone a pretty penny. Miron has ruined this town and it will never be taken seriously until an honorable man leads it.
Satan

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Every cop is a criminal
and all the sinners saints
-Jagger/Richards
I know

Suffern, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Chill Out 11 wrote:
It is ironic that the Stratford Police offers are one by one getting what they deserve. Soto and Farmer are both snakes and scum. It is funny that out of all the stuff these cops have buried they finally decided to step up and be men... Soto chose to expose this corruption but what about all the other ones that he buried for Loshavio...Karma truly has come back to bite this officer but he is not a hero. Almost all of the Stratford police force is corrupt. Miron is not only a horrible mayor but also a horrible person. He cant handle the fact that his brother was not qualified to be a cop. The only thing his family is qualified for is stealing. Hmm like his father and sister. The same way that he is not qualified to be mayor. His whole family is scum. The people of Stratford should be ashamed they elected this dirt bag to be our mayor. Somebody needs to put a stop to Miron and to the corrupt officers in the Stratford police department. What is Miron going to do when he isnt mayor anymore and he has to go shopping in a store with tax paying citizens he has repeatdly screwed over. Miron will most likely be selling and moving when he is no longer our mayor. We have LOST control of our town. I also wonder what is going to happen to councilman Hendricks when he knew that all of this information was obtained illegally. He also knew the dirty cops brought him the information. Why isn't he being prosecuted for a crime when he to was part of this scandal. The councilmen should also be investigated because they to are a huge part of the corruption in Stratford. Hendricks too is a criminal.
Chill out--Seems you are the bitter one, seems you have a problem with the law. Corruption in the police department, seems you are so out of touch. The police do their job, seems you couldn't be one. The info released would have came out or would you prefer catching it to late like the Loshavio case, now....
lawtoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lets see who wrote the warrant, so like a huge scam from an office that is going down the drain. Shame on the inspectors, they are a joke.
Ct post, publish the warrant.
shame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 24, 2009
 
Bpt OIA should take notice, that office is corrupt.
Brother in Stfd

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I feel for you my friend. I know how the Stratford Police work and they think it's funny. I hear them talk, I hear a lot of things that if were ever brought out, the entire Dept would be under investigation. I wish I could say who I am and what I know but I have a mortgage to pay for and a family to support. If the people of Stratford only knew what was really going on inside the S.P.D....oh boy!!!
Unreal in Stratford wrote:
I tried to post a comment here about an hour ago and was unable to because the "Post Comment" icon was blanked out. I could not click on it. I sent an e-mail to a few people at the Post asking why I was unable to post a comment to the article and I received a e-mail response that said, and I quote, "There were to many inappropriate comments so it was turned off." What the heck is that about? That just goes to show you how much power the police, the government, etc have. They get caught doing something wrong and it's hush, hush. The best comment in the article is "The charges against the three men are merely accusations, and each is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in a court of law," according to a statement by the Office of the Chief State's Attorney. I was arrested by the Stratford Police once and was treated like I was guilty until I proved my innocence. Once I went to court and proved that I didn't do what they had arrested me for they were not too happy. The week after my court case ended was when what I call my "police harassment" started. I was pulled over 4 times in a 6 week period by the Stratford Police for the most ridiculous infractions. 1) Failure to signal when turning into my driveway. 2) Pulled over and given a ticket because my right rear break light was out. How would I know that my right rear break light was out unless someone told me? The cop could have just given me a warning but he knew who I was. 3) I was pulled over for speeding. I was given a ticket for doing 39mph in a 35mph zone. The officer that pulled me over was the same one who gave me the ticket for the brake light. When I went to court for that ticket the judge threw it out and actually apologized for the officer wasting my time as well as the courts time. 4) Was pulled over because I was driving too close to the yellow line. I asked the officer if I went over the yellow line and he replied "no, but you were getting close". I got a $75 ticket. I just paid that one because I would have lost more money missing a day at work while sitting in traffic court. So don't tell me that police officers are perfect and do no wrong.
Chill Out 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I know wrote:
<quoted text>
Chill out--Seems you are the bitter one, seems you have a problem with the law. Corruption in the police department, seems you are so out of touch. The police do their job, seems you couldn't be one. The info released would have came out or would you prefer catching it to late like
the Loshavio case, now....
I am not at all bitter you must be a Stratford cop or our moron mayor because you clearly have no clue about life or how corrupt our police department is. I have never had a problem with the law. I have a problem with how corrupt our officers our. You must be a member of the corruption or completely nuts to defend it. I wouldn't want to be a stratford cop because i am not a liar or a thief. Therefor i would never make it in that department. It is a complete joke when you say that the police do their jobs. They harrass people and lie so if that is doing their jobs then they do it well. I didnt catch Loshavio to late idiot. I knew his son had seizures and i didnt think he should have been a cop. He also did drugs and stoled from his previous public works job. But clearly you are the one out of touch with our town. You probably voted miron into office and believe he is a good mayor. Get a life and your facts straight. Oh and i think the officers releasing the information was brilliant. But what about all the information they have have changed like soto and the police reports they have added and made changes to benifit them. The cops stood up for this but are more crooked then your brain will ever be able to comprehend. And find another word other then seems.. Does it seem to you i do all those things..I stand behind what i believe. I am an everyday law abiding citizen and i dont hide behind a badge like our cops.
Law and Disorder

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

In the business we would refer to this affadavit as a "Helen Keller" warrant.

Sort of like a three pointer from half court. Throw it up and see what happens.

Making it stick, well that's another matter.

Problem is that the damage is done already.

Hey, wait a minute, mug shots released to the paper right away.

I type this before the morning addition is out but I'll bet front page, probably above the fold.

I hear the Bpt. DA's office told them to take their trash (case) elsewhere.

Even Helen Keller could see what is going on here!!
Chill Out 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Brother in Stfd wrote:
I feel for you my friend. I know how the Stratford Police work and they think it's funny. I hear them talk, I hear a lot of things that if were ever brought out, the entire Dept would be under investigation. I wish I could say who I am and what I know but I have a mortgage to pay for and a family to support. If the people of Stratford only knew what was really going on inside the S.P.D....oh boy!!!
<quoted text>
I dont blame you for not saying what you know. The S.P.D has a funny way of going after people that stand up for what is right. I can appreciate that you at least acknowledge their is an internal problem in the department. I laugh at people who think the s.p.d is so great. There are a few cops who do what is right. But they get strong armed and if they dont do what their told, we both know their lives will be made a living hell. Thanks for speaking out as much as you could. If we had more cops like you our town wouldn't have this problem. We also need smarter citizens because some clearly are naive and belive this town is perfect...
Stfd guy

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Hey Chill out 11, Agree with you on the mayor, but you are off base on the cops there are some good ones over there.

Just like the outside world, all kinds of people. PD is no different. But to say they are all bad is not fair.

Some very hardworking officers on stratford pd.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••