Culver City police fatally shoot suspected robber, woman arrested

Full story: Daily Breeze

BLOG: Keep up to date with South Bay crime and court news BLOG: Track South Bay court cases South Bay crime stats SOUTH BAY HOMICIDES Sheriff's detectives today were investigating the shooting death of a robbery suspect by a Culver City police officer.
Comments
1 - 20 of 107 Comments Last updated May 13, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Joker

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

A woman who was in the car was arrested and booked on suspicion of murder, he said. Under state law, accomplices can be charged with murder if someone dies in the commission of a felony. Her name was unavailable early today.

haha thats ridiculous
Job Well Done

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

Great job Culver City PD!!! Rid the city of scum
Good Ending

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

Glad to hear the officers involved are ok and the bad guy got speedy justice for his actions. CCPD just saved the tax payers a lot of money and kept us from having to hear a shameless defense attorney make excuses for his clients criminal actions. Well done!
Maggie

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

Joker....R U kidding....she's just as much as a scum bag as he is! CHARGE HER!!
Joker wrote:
A woman who was in the car was arrested and booked on suspicion of murder, he said. Under state law, accomplices can be charged with murder if someone dies in the commission of a felony. Her name was unavailable early today.
haha thats ridiculous
Keldog

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

two birds with one stone...

Since: Mar 10

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

Hundreds of robbery occur daily in LA. At least we got one. They would not rob us if we are armed.
Kojak

Cathedral City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

Reaching for a gun? Yeah, that's the patented line of Torrance PD. Or, "he made a threatening move".

And that reaching or threatening move is usually just holding putting up his arms.
gls

Lindsay, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

I knew both of them,
they had families.....
god bless them all.
mona

Lindsay, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

they made a bad decision to break the law, he didn't deserve to die, he leaves 3 babies, she leaves a 6 month girl. what a waste. another static.
Bless Victims

Bellflower, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

gls wrote:
I knew both of them,
they had families.....
god bless them all.
So did the people (victims) they robbed.
yawn

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

gls wrote:
I knew both of them,
they had families.....
god bless them all.
They robbed innocent people who have families. Must of not been too concerned about their families, if they left them behind while they're out robbing people.
Hates scum

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

To the guy who made the 'pigs' remark. You see that your posting was removed. We call your friends scum, because they were. Judging by your language and bad-guy point of view, you're scum too.
Mav

Laguna Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Good job, police. One less dirtbag off the streets.
Who Does Your Taxes

Pacoima, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Duped Tax Payer wrote:
Hundreds of robbery occur daily in LA. At least we got one. They would not rob us if we are armed.
Yea,,,just like he didn't reach for a gun standing in front of a police officer.
Dee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

Job Well Done wrote:
Great job Culver City PD!!! Rid the city of scum
U think u know everything don't u, that scum u talking about was my little cusin and him, and he's sister were on there way to the hospital see about there Grandmother that was having open heart surgery, they had just left there home. But, unless it's happing to u are someone in your family u just believe what every the police is saying. They lye all the time to cover there ass.
CCQ

Sun City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

I just love "Darwinism"
Dee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

His name is Lajoy Grissom and he was on his way to see about his Grandmother, that's having open heart surgery, that female is his little sister, who not only watched them kill her brother but now they are holding her accountable for his death, no one going to stop and pull a robbery not knowing what's going on with your love one. But, them police's are going to try and make them look bad because they know they fucked up and killed the wrong person.
CCQ

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

gls wrote:
I knew both of them,
they had families.....
god bless them all.
We can only hope the apples fell far from the tree!
CCQ

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Dee wrote:
His name is Lajoy Grissom and he was on his way to see about his Grandmother, that's having open heart surgery, that female is his little sister, who not only watched them kill her brother but now they are holding her accountable for his death, no one going to stop and pull a robbery not knowing what's going on with your love one. But, them police's are going to try and make them look bad because they know they **** up and killed the wrong person.
Ok, Ghetto speak! "the police's"
westside steve

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

mona wrote:
they made a bad decision to break the law, he didn't deserve to die, he leaves 3 babies, she leaves a 6 month girl. what a waste. another static.
Lets hope his 3 babies learn about how stupid armed robbery and gun crimes are as they grow up: thier father being the prime example for thier lives. Scam investment bankers just quit in shame with millions of dollars to enjoy thier life with, but rob a junky Radio Shack for a hundred bucks in cell phones and get a fast bullet to eternity. It is a stupid way to die, the ultimate "chump-change" death. The female suspect was not injured, and may see her child again one day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••