Gay Rights Pushed to Fore in Range of...

Gay Rights Pushed to Fore in Range of Issues

There are 8 comments on the Bloomberg story from Feb 12, 2013, titled Gay Rights Pushed to Fore in Range of Issues. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

A Pentagon announcement yesterday that it will open military commissaries and child-care facilities this year to the same-sex partners of service members propels a wave of gay rights issues sweeping onto the national agenda.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 12, 2013
It's about time.

Bayard Rustin, a gay black man, was instrumental in leading the non-violent civil rights movement. In fact, he was the mover and shaker behind the great civil rights march on Washington in 1963 when Martin Luther King delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech.

How quickly such a great man is forgotten by many who owe him so much.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Feb 12, 2013
HOMOSEXUALIZING the states one by one ! THE PLAN is working !:)

(with apologies to felon Pete McGowan).

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#3 Feb 12, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
It's about time.
Bayard Rustin, a gay black man, was instrumental in leading the non-violent civil rights movement. In fact, he was the mover and shaker behind the great civil rights march on Washington in 1963 when Martin Luther King delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech.
How quickly such a great man is forgotten by many who owe him so much.
Civil rights leader Bayard Rustin, architect of the March On Washington and one of Dr. King's main advisors, in 1986 said: "The barometer of where one is on human rights questions is no longer the black community, it's the gay community, because it is the community which is most easily mistreated."

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Civil rights leader Bayard Rustin, architect of the March On Washington and one of Dr. King's main advisors, in 1986 said: "The barometer of where one is on human rights questions is no longer the black community, it's the gay community, because it is the community which is most easily mistreated."
Ya mean Libertarians !

:)
Andrei

Ukraine

#6 Feb 12, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
HOMOSEXUALIZING the states one by one ! THE PLAN is working !:)
(with apologies to felon Pete McGowan).
Thanks for your honesty. I never hear any other queers admit to that.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Andrei wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your honesty. I never hear any other queers admit to that.
Perhaps the news has been censored. It is illegal to promote homosexuality where you are, isn't it?

Or maybe you didn't hear because your in denial. Denial of what is really the question.

But rest assured we are winning. It will even be safe to come out in Russia soon!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Andrei wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your honesty. I never hear any other queers admit to that.
yeah, who would want equality in theri country, da?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#9 Feb 12, 2013
Andrei wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your honesty. I never hear any other queers admit to that.
What? you missed the latest Gay Agenda update? It's only 20 years old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyer Who Started Fight Over 'R-Word' Mascot A... 26 min Elise 1
News Hazleton could see tax hike because of immigrat... 2 hr Dee Dee Dee 9
News Nevada officials promise 6,300 stored rape kids... 2 hr eva lauf 1
News US proposes lowering required amount of ethanol... 2 hr galler 31
News City administrator aims to put TIF issue to rest 3 hr Dr David 7
News Many health insurers go big with initial 2016 r... 3 hr HilLo 1
News Elizabeth Warren Blasts SEC's Mary Jo White 4 hr Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web