Dinkins charged with murder in baby's death

Neely Lejon Dinkins, 33, appeared in Long Beach Superior Court on Tuesday for a postponement in arraignment. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
TRUTH

Hemet, CA

#276 Oct 4, 2009
Sorry but I don't live in Arizona, I live in Long Beach, California. If she did a similar thing in AZ, then she deserves very harsh punishment just like Dinkins.

So lets make this very clear so you don't get your panties in a twist in the future. ANY drunk driver that ends up killing someone should do serious prison time.
Paris wrote:
I heard about this story in my Criminal Law Class at school. We are quick to judge and my heart goes out to that family. That's a TRAGEDY! Did anyone notice from the live news report that "HE" was constantly referred to as an "SHE?" Interesting He deserves time but Life in prison without Parole is a bit much. Also, a few days later there was a similar incident that made the news in Arizona. It's interesting how a WOMAN who has a similar case as this man is being tried differently! We are selective, very selective in how we pick and choose whom we want to condemn to hell and give a second chance. WOW!
Jill

La Mesa, CA

#277 Oct 10, 2009
Way to kick somebody when they're already down Press Telegram. With all of the unnecessary details. This man has to deal with God. So do you.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#278 Oct 10, 2009
Damn shame wrote:
<quoted text>Boy please! Miss me with this bullshit you're talking about. Don't let me go back in history because blacks have never been treated with equality and never will be. I can bring forth many racial incidents that will make you say "Oh yeah that did happen". We will never have equality because that just the way it's always been. And I don't want to hear that shit about there's a black president now. Because it shouldn't have taken this long. Don't tell me shit about no freakin content of character. White people still roll up there car windows and cluck there valuables when they see blacks coming so STFU. We may have come a long way but we still have faaaaaaaaaaaaar to go.
Damn Shame.

Son.

Most of we decent Latino, Asian, "Blacks" and White folks are living in the here and now. Because of that preference, we choose to deal with those problems that confront us today, rather than to make excuses by dwelling on the past. For your edification, I am posting a dated article written by the investigative reporter Paul Sheehan, and published in the Sydney (Australia) Morning Herald Saturday May 20, 1995 as follows:

"THE RACE WAR OF BLACK AGAINST WHITE"

by Paul Sheehan. Saturday, 20 May 1995

The Sydney Morning Herald (Australia)

The longest war America has ever fought is the Dirty War, and it is not over. It has lasted 30 years so far and claimed more than 25 million victims. It has cost almost as many lives as the Vietnam War. It determined the result of last year's congressional election.

Yet the American news media do not want to talk about the Dirty War, which remains between the lines and unreported. In fact, to even suggest that the war exists is to be discredited. So let's start suggesting, immediately.

No matter how crime figures are massaged by those who want to acknowledge or dispute the existence of a Dirty War, there is nothing ambiguous about what the official statistics portray: for the past 30 years a large segment of black America has waged a war of violent retribution against white America.

And the problem is getting worse, not better. In the past 20 years, violent crime has increased more than four times faster than the population. Young blacks (under 18) are more violent than previous generations and are 12 times more likely to be arrested for murder than young whites.

Nearly all the following figures, which speak for themselves, have not been reported in America:

* According to the latest US Department of Justice survey of crime victims, more than 6.6 million violent crimes (murder, rape, assault and robbery) are committed in the US each year, of which about 20 per cent, or 1.3 million, are inter-racial crimes.

* Most victims of race crime - about 90 per cent - are white, according to the survey "Highlights from 20 Years of Surveying Crime Victims", published in 1993.

* Almost 1 million white Americans were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by black Americans in 1992, compared with about 132,000 blacks who were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by whites, according to the same survey.

* Blacks thus committed 7.5 times more violent inter-racial crimes than whites even though the black population is only one-seventh the size of the white population. When these figures are adjusted on a per capita basis, they reveal an extraordinary disparity: blacks are committing more than 50 times the number of violent racial crimes of whites.

* According to the latest annual report on murder by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, most inter-racial murders involve black assailants and white victims, with blacks murdering whites at 18 times the rate that whites murder blacks.(Continued on next post)
mother

Long Beach, CA

#281 Oct 10, 2009
Angie Garcia wrote:
OK! he shows no remorse for what he has brought to this poor family,i hope the people who take this case,the district attorney, feels like that and may he never be on the streets again.
It is so sad that so many people have nothing more to do with their lives then to sit and comment on a situation that they have very little knowledge of. Yeah, the newspaper is your source of information, but keep in mind that Tracy (the reporter) is trying to keep her job just like everybody else these days. And with that being said, Let the Judge try the case, and the Lord pose the sentence..How can you say that a person shows no remorse when you don't even know the person to say how they may/may not show emotion..

“Most dangerous question-- Why?”

Since: Jan 09

Bellflower

#282 Oct 10, 2009
mother wrote:
<quoted text>.
How can you say that a person shows no remorse when you don't even know the person to say how they may/may not show emotion..
You don't have to know a person to see an emotion. Crying means you're happy, sad, or in pain. Scowling or frowning means you're pissed. Smiling means you're happy or sadistic. See how this works?
NYCETY

United States

#283 Nov 3, 2009
YES, THIS WAS A VERY HORRIFIC TRAGEDY... I PERSONALLY KNOW DINKINS, AND HE HAS REMORSE... MAYBE THE SENSE OF BEING IN SHOCK OR DENIAL HAS HIM ANGRY AND UNREMORSFUL... I FEEL REALLY BAD FOR THE FAMILY THAT LOST THEIR BABYGIRL, AND ALMOST THEIR SON ASWELL.. BUT LIKE SOME OF YOU HAVE EXPRESSED... GOD IS THE FINAL JUDGE!.... I PRAY FOR MY FRIEND NEELY, AND THE REST OF THE DINKINS FAMILY, AND ALSO PRAY THAT GOD CONTINUES TO BLESS AND STRENGHTEN BOTH FAMILIES....
Dave Dinkins

Long Beach, CA

#284 Feb 4, 2013
yi feng wrote:
Dinkins should be locked up for life...Clearly he has not learned his lesson. He has been given chances to change and rehab his life. He is probably beyond help and should be kept away from society. All those years of alcohol and drug abuse have clearly damaged his thinking and emotional capabilities. I feel sorry for his children. Was he helping to support them?
Forget all yall cuhz on the set dont talk about my dad like that ...
Twink

Los Angeles, CA

#287 Feb 9, 2013
His name is Dinkins? That makes me think of the term "dink" -- double income, no kids. How ironic that he has no kids because of this incident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 6 min mad republican su... 7
Endangered or Threatened? A New Fight Over Pola... (Nov '10) 16 min litesong 12
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 33 min barefoot2626 1,661
Vice President Joe Biden to attend funeral for ... 1 hr Le Jimbo 13
Prostitution arrest made in Town of Delbarton 1 hr He love me 30
Deputies arrest 5 2 hr Wishing 3
SEC sues Enterprise Trust Co. for alleged fraud (Mar '08) 2 hr you will get yours 22
More from around the web